Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ladies, if he asked you to dress sexy on the 1st date, would you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TravelingHomebody
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Ladies, if he asked you to dress sexy on the 1st date, would you?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

I would assume that someone who is asking me to dress "sexy" for a date is out for a sexual encounter and nothing more

It could be he wants a trophy on his arm so all the other guys will be saying, "Look at the hot chick he has!"
 Robert4u2love
Msg: 77
Ladies, if he asked you to dress sexy on the 1st date, would you?
Posted: 6/27/2008 9:03:56 PM
I think women should know automatically to try to dress sexy and be attractive. There are some women that dont even want to be bothered with dressing up. That just shows where their head is at and how important the guy she is going to meet is to her. Really who wants to dress "unsexy?" Covering up with layer and layers of clothing?
The one thing I always found unsexy is when women tie a sweater around their waist as to cover their butt with it. Now that just looks plain retarded to me. Then again so does shaving your head so you can look like a convict too. So the world is upside down and backwards and thats the cool in thing? Maybe Im just an old fashioned guy that wishes things didnt have to be so complicated. Anything you say can and will be held against you. Its just brutal, even online. Cant we just all get along and love one another?
 fly0nthewall
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/27/2008 9:26:13 PM
OP, while I believe in dressing appropriately for the situation, I would be insulted by some of the requests you had gotten.

I think this is why it's a good idea to meet someone for coffee or something casual first.
 wutznot2love
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/28/2008 10:18:11 PM
The 1st date wouldn't even occur if the guy had the audacity to make a request about what I should wear! A guy like that smells of "control freak" to me, or someone who's merely looking for eye candy/a trophy girl to boost his ego. I dress how I choose (always for the occasion) and nobody, particularly some guy I don't even know, is going to ask me to dress a certain way to suit them. hahahahahahahahahaha
 Liana K
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/30/2008 10:03:04 PM
^^ My exact thoughts as well. The buzzer would go off and I wouldn't give it a second thought with anyone if they had the ba**s to make a request on my attire ... not a chance. There's lots of time for a man to make his personal requests when we are in a relationship, but, until then, what the guy is doing is being a complete idiot. He is a complete stranger, for God's sakes!

A woman should turn this crazy request around and say .. 'Of course I will .. when are we going shopping? ' .... you can always find a comeback to something so ... so ... creepy? ...... Hopefully, that would stop him dead in his tracks. Don't ask me what the next step would be if he agreed? I suppose I would go back to the beginning ... he is still showing a controlling side as the previous poster said. Wow, that's crazzzy.
 shallon1
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/30/2008 10:08:24 PM
If some guy asked me to dress sexy on the 1st date....of course I would...as long as he dressed drag.
 Liana K
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/30/2008 10:11:12 PM
^^^ Perfect answer! Love it.
 iris43
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/30/2008 10:19:10 PM
No man tells me how to do dress....unless we are in a full on relationship and it is play time....then there is some latitude
 JamesP166
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2008 10:22:01 PM
I have asked a woman to dress for me. - - - - - More than once.

one time was that we were going to be walking and I asked (suggested ) that she have some shoes on that she could walk in - - - she showed up with flip flops on a cold day. - - - - and was not prepared to do any walking - - - -

an other time - - after knowing her for a while and valentines coming up - - I asked if she could have a dress or skirt on. - - - as I was going to have a sport coat and a tie. She wore good jeans type of pants. - - - - -

Come on ladies - - - you can complain and say your way only - - - but to not take a hint from the activity - - - -

Note once did I said she had to dress this or that way. - - - sexy or hot. Just dress for the event. going to be walking and wearing high heels. - - - - or more formal dinner complete with flowers (Roses) at the restaurant for the waiter to bring out - - -

from the way that some of the ladies are responding - - - they are going hell no, I will not wear shoes that we can go walking in - - even if he asked me to go for a walk with him. - - hell no he can not ask me to do this - - - -

or if having a formal dinner - - be willing to dress the part - - - When asked. - - never requested short skirt - - would not complain, but was not expected. or tight top or low cut - - that was never suggested or requested. - - - never requested any of this

So was I out of line? To some it seems that I must have been

Jim P.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2008 10:24:08 PM

Only if it's Halloween and he'll dress as I request.
 forums1
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/30/2008 10:35:54 PM
I couldn't see ever asking that. I mean, I would give a suggestion of the type of place (ie, a picnic - don't overdress, casual, jeans & t-shirt is fine - vs. a fancy restuarant, dress nice not jeans type place) where appropriate - nothing worse than showing up at someplace formal in jeans & a t-shirt ... but to ask for something "revealing"? A bit too far...
 Liana K
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/30/2008 11:35:32 PM
JamesP166 .... !!!!

The OP subject line is referring to dressing SEXY. There is a difference.

Discussing how to dress appropriately or for the intended occasion is one thing and actually fun to do ... some women want to get a feel of how to dress or how much effort they should be putting into it and THEY will decide exactly how to dress if they know where they are going; asking one to dress in a sexy or provocative manner is another.
 leggymaturemom
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/1/2008 12:01:43 AM
i would never dress as someone asked me to i dont think if it was out the norm
though one funny experience. I had a date with one guy, and prior to the date he had hinted at me wearing skirts and heels etc, well alwys said like the femine look.
Anway I turned up for the date and i was in blouse and black half buttoned waistcoat, above knee skirt medium strappy heels with stockings.
My attire didnt come upin converstaion until about and hour and half into the date when i did accidently show stocking top when crossing my leg.
He then said that it was nice of me to dress up for the date.
Now he lasted another 10 mins when i said i hadnt and i had been out shopping with my friend prior to the date and the stuff i had on was my normal thru on clothes.
I was a bit pt out by his atitude
I dress for myself in first case and will dress for a man when i am dating him regularly

Lokng back his loss, though a flash of thigh made him move about in his seat alot, I think i shold have stayed and teased more for the fun of it. Good job he didnt find out i was braless
carolex
 Kindredspirit07
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:00:38 AM
This is something that you would ask when you are really familiar with someone and have been dating for a while. I would think that it's out of line for a first date and rude.
 jessiefl
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:16:15 AM
Seems like men are now all clothes designers these days. Before I leave the house I will be asked what are you wearing? They want a blow by blow description of every bit of clothing. Its getting really tiresome. You can spend the whole night on the phone describing your wardrobe until you hear the phone drop on the other end as he has passed out from the excitement of it after thoroughly wearing himself out. The worst part of this interrogation?, you get dressed to kill, hes wearing a pair of dirty shorts with holes and flip flops and white socks. Some of these men are becoming "the new women" so concerned with our clothes. How did this make me feel? Really cheated. I have dressed up a few times, never again unless there is a limo waiting outside ready to take us to a place worth this interrogation. So far, that has not happened. I think any guy who starts this nonsense should pay up, call the hooker of his choice and leave us real women alone.
 jessiefl
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:21:06 AM
You obviously look like a true gentleman who I would feel honored to dress up for as there is actually a reason for your request.
 whatsallthis
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:25:29 AM

No man has to ask me to dress sexy. I always do.

You shouldn't have to ask. If a woman wants to look sexy for you, she will. I think it's way too forward to ask something like that on a first date.
 circe 1
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:37:27 AM
God no.... No gentleman would ever ask that on a first date. So there never would be a first date if that was requested. I am sexy in a burlap bag and if a man doesn't think so.....bye bye!
 reddancinglady
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:59:54 AM
I would be insulted that he asked!
I agree with the poster who said she thought it was controlling behavior and then if you do give in, what's next?

I think he was only interested in one thing and testing to see if you were gonna offer it. So he'd be history almost immediately in my book.
Haven't had anyone rude enough to ask me this thank goodness!!

almondcookie
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/1/2008 6:02:05 AM
No, I would cancel the date because he is clearly after only 1 thing and I am looking for a man of subtance who is interested in getting to know me as a person. Plus, his question displays a lack of tact, judgement and maturity.

if you guys want to dress someone, get yourselves a Barbie doll!

Exactly.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/1/2008 6:55:43 AM
I wouldn't let him try to control me like that. I think such a request of a virtual stranger is out of line. He'd end up not getting that first date from me.
 ripley65
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/1/2008 8:03:37 AM
Im a big girl now and can dress myself and dont need anyone suggesting i wear this or that on a first date! If my date and i decided on going out to dinner,,,i will decide for myself what is appropriate for that specific restaraunt (casual type restarant, dressy), or if we decide to do some go-cart riding, i will also decide for myself how i want to dress (outter/fun wear).

OP,,you stated in your inital post that one man requested you wear something low cut and revealing? Pfffft! What does that tell you about him right there??
 CherylCake
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 8:25:14 AM
Obviously, he wants to know if you'll put out on the first date. That's his way of testing the wind. If a man wants me to wear a certain garment, then he should find out my size, purchase said attire and send it ahead. Then I will try it on & decide if I like it or not. If I wear it, I know he will put out on the first date. Tee Hee.
 Catinka2008
Msg: 99
Posted: 7/1/2008 10:26:45 AM
In general, no, but I would take it on a case by case basis. If there was some prior playful banter regarding dress/etc. I might wear something he had expressed a preference for, but really - in general - no. It would most likely be a turn-off for me.
 Shauna13
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/1/2008 11:06:25 AM
I usually meet people in jeans and a t-shirt so I doubt I'd do anything special, in regards to clothing, for anybody my first time meeting them. I'd have to like them ALOT to do that...but then again if they really liked me I wouldn't think they would even ask me to dress a certain way, they'd just be glad to see me.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ladies, if he asked you to dress sexy on the 1st date, would you?