Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ladies, if he asked you to dress sexy on the 1st date, would you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 northwestwitch
Msg: 101
Ladies, if he asked you to dress sexy on the 1st date, would you?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Consider for a moment when YOU think it would be appropriate to dress sexy. Yeah going out and dressing nice/comfortable is one thing. But being specifically asked to dress sexy, when you haven't even met the person yet, is - if nothing else - a bit rude. By all means, work it, but don't do it because they ask, at least not initially.
 midnight_crossing
Msg: 102
Ladies, if he asked you to dress sexy on the 1st date, would you?
Posted: 7/1/2008 12:46:42 PM
On a first date and he's already made a request for your attire?!?! Sorry, but to me, that would be a good reason to just say "sorry, I've changed my mind" -- if he doesn't know you and already wants to get you to dress a certain way, forget it. RUN FOR THE HILLS SISTER!

Dress sexy because you want to, not because it was requested from a stranger that you do so. Yikes, who do these men think they are? God's gift to women? OH PULEEEESE!
 Ferruginous
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/1/2008 12:59:14 PM
I don't really think that anyone should request how to dress when you're meeting them for the first time.
If a person you've never met, wants to control what you wear, I wouldn't want to guess how controlling this person would be in an actuall relationship.

And yet another guy asked me to wear black leather, EVERYTHING, a la "Mistress Dominatrix".
I suppose this would be acceptable in a situation where people were agreeing to meet strictly for a sexual encounter.
But such a request is completely out of line if two people are just meeting for a "get-acquainted" date.
 gladwellsrevenge
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/1/2008 1:06:04 PM
let the person wear what they want, its who they are. no matter how much dialogue was had between the people involved!

that and i like the surprise of what i'll see when i meet my date! *big grin* life's been good!
 forums1
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/1/2008 2:41:08 PM
I don't really think that anyone should request how to dress when you're meeting them for the first time.

Well, I think there's limits to that ferreginous, I mean, if you were inviting her to a wedding or something (not that *I* would do that for a first date, but...) I think you would be remiss to not tell her and to dress "more formally". Or, *not* to dress that way if its a picnic and everyone is going to be shorts, t-shirts, *casual* (ie, don't show up in a ball gown).

But, beyond the generalities of whats acceptable based on the *setting* (ie, picnic vs. wedding), I wouldn't dream of telling her *what* to wear specifically (ie, "revealing", etc). I'll leave that to her own tastes, and if she she asks questions about 'what to expect' I'll answer them as best/honestly as I can (Ladies - at a wedding I'm *sure* you know not to wear something too revealing, so as not to "show up the bride" ).

That being said, if I'm in a relationship she's beautiful to me whether its jeans & t-shirt or formal, or "overtly sexy". Then again, I still see the "beautiful" in all my ex's, regardless of the fact I don't want them back - there will always be a measure of that in my eyes.
 Robert4u2love
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/4/2008 12:49:09 AM
Geez I just read all of your replies and talk about dont tell me anything, not a chance etc etc just shows how brutal and unforgiving women are plain and simple. like I said before say just one wrong word and your history. Totally unfair, totally all about me me me. yah yah yah .
A woman will selldom do for a man what a man will do for a woman. Just goes to show you what a sad sate of affairs its become. Its no wonder with that type of attitude being the general concensus that nobody hooks up and men turn to younger women and usually will prefer to simply pay for sex. This way they dont get the cold shoulder and dont have to waste time. When are women going to lighten up and give a man a simple break? When are women going to be more fair? When are women going to realize that with that hauty attitude they are going nowhere? Women like these deserve to have to pick up their tab on the first date just to get their prideful all about me head out of the place where the sun dosnt shine.
Greed and Pride basically sucks. How about the opposite? Humility and generosity?
OMG that would kill you wouldnt it! Yeah Im the bad guy. Think white and get right!
And women think that they are so smart but they still dont understand men. I understand women but the results are just all one sided. Boo frickidy Hoo, Got an issue heres a tissue!
 Willsfriend
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/4/2008 3:26:31 AM
no way, man. who the hell is he? he'd be lucky if you showed up in a parachute, with clogs on. he could only hope that it would fall off at some point in the evening. if a guy asks you to show up in something low cut, he's used to dealing with prostitutes who at least get paid for this kind of rudeness. he has, obviously, no class and less manners. i'd show up just to heckle him - chances are, the video camera is turned on in his cell phone and he would only be trying to take pictures of your cleavage when you weren't looking OR direct the camera phone under the table were you soft enough to wear a short skirt. let's face it ladies - most men are lucky if you show up naked at some point at all. if this wasn't online dating, he would never have to nerve to make such a request in the first place and probably has spent most of his life poring over girlie mags and gratifying himself rather than learning the art of seduction. am i right? yes as usual. cheers - sue
 Willsfriend
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/4/2008 3:27:56 AM
for god's sake man put your shirt on. then perhaps your opinion might hold more weight (oops, did I say that? sorry....ha ha ha) or should I say, credibility.

cheers - sue
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/4/2008 6:19:02 AM
Well, just be sure to tell him what to wear....and make it something really good!!! LOL
 Kindredspirit07
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/4/2008 6:46:30 AM
If he's going to show up in leopard g-string underwear and tie, then pfft I might put on some heels and a black dress. It would make for an interesting evening.
 firecracker3
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 7:01:47 AM
If someone is already telling you how to dress on the first date... they might have some control issues you think! Dress how you want and if they don't like it tell them to move on!!!!
 kokomogirl46902
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/4/2008 7:27:13 AM
Yes, it has happened to me on more than one occassion. Obviously from my profile pics, I do own a dress and heels, but I prefer to dress appropriate for the date. Highlight the "I" there. I don't need a MAN to tell me (unless of course it would be a black tie event or costume party--which in my experience w/POF men is NOT the case for an initial meet-n-greet, "let's grab a drink" at a local spot is more the offer--which if fine by me), so when a man has requested me to "wear a dress and look pretty for me", I have run the other way as fast as I can. It's a meet n greet, not some guy I've been married to for 5 years. Really creeps me out, makes me think he is the kind of guy I could never satisfy, would die if I went out to the drug store in sweats and no makeup. I agree with the previous post that said "get a barbie doll". Then again, some men don't prefer independent women with a mind of there own. Control Freak, nailed it right on the head! Then again, on one of these occassions, I told the man why I wasn't interested in meeting him that started over a week of multiple emails , wanting to argue my decision not to meet this guy, control-argue, I made the right choice NOT to see this guy or the others. We all have a sixth-sense when it comes to stuff like this, if you had to post a forum because you thought it might be a little off, then you knew!
 Ready For More Fun
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 7:30:58 AM
If you have to ask... you already know the answer. This guy's a creep. Run
 *Sanschele*
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/4/2008 7:34:16 AM
Yikes!!! OP: If any man asked me to dress in anyway at all for a date, we wouldn't be having a date to begin with.

Asking anyone to dress in a certain way is a form of control, especially on a first date. If the man respects you, then he'll respect your judgement on being able to rise to any occasion when the event (like attending the Opera or going dancing) requires dressing in the proper attire.

Why would you want to wear something sexy, short, low cut and revealing on a first date anyway? You can dance in anything from jeans and a cut off tee to a classy sundress that reaches just above the knees, just don't let someone else dictate how you should dress, wear your hair or anything else for that matter.

If a man asked me to show up at an event looking like Britney Spears and if I were in a "frisky" mood, then I would grace his presence dressed up looking like Bozo the Clown and embarrass the he!! out of him.
But that's just me...

Sans

ripley65
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/4/2008 7:38:22 AM
I mean, if you were inviting her to a wedding or something (not that *I* would do that for a first date, but...) I think you would be remiss to not tell her and to dress "more formally". Or, *not* to dress that way if its a picnic and everyone is going to be shorts, t-shirts, *casual* (ie, don't show up in a ball gown).

You'd have to be dating a real idiot if you had to tell her how to dress when attending a wedding or a picnic. I think um,,,those 2 events are pretty explanatory and that we know how to dress for both without being told.
good lord!

just shows how brutal and unforgiving women are plain and simple.

^^ because we dont think its appropriate for a man whom we are meeting for THE FIRST TIME to tell us what to wear?? LMAO!! Pfttttt,,give me a break!! 'I know this is our first meeting sweety, but um,,id really like it if you wore something slinky and off the shoulder, and oooo maybe a pair of lace thongs underneath? Dont forget the hooker heels sweatheart!'

Grab your own tissue, Robert.

Au79
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 8:49:02 AM
I guess it depends on the guy and his definition of sexy. If he was a nice guy that I'd hit it off with and he found jeans and tank top sexy I probably wouldn't mind, but full out leather dominatrix gear? Ummm no.

I'm getting so tired of everything being about sex, sexiness, sexy, these days. If two people hit it off and there's a natural chemistry... I mean isn't sex a given?

So I met this guy here and we had a really good phone conversation, then the second phone converasation came late one night, we're talking and vibing and stuff then out the blue he asks me what I'm wearing? Mind you I'm in the bed. So I tell him a Tshirt. He goes, "What's under the tshirt?" I was so turned off. I've known you all of what two hours and you want to know what's under my Tshirt? Okay, I get that you're a sexual being but you couldn't even control your hormones until we even clicked? I guess he couldn't tell I was turned off because he kept going asking did I own any sexy lingerie, I told him "no" and he goes maybe we can change that. UGH... The direct, upfront way is not the best route into my pants.

So if this guy asked me to wear something sexy on a first date, I'd be turned off. Once we got to know each other and we were vibing, trust... I'll pull out all the stops and me dressing sexy or being sexual will be the least of your concerns but use some restraint during the first meeting...geesh.
 DallasFlier
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 12:51:45 PM

men turn to younger women and usually will prefer to simply pay for sex

Robert, get over yourself and quit making yourself look stupid by trying to say what "men will usually prefer." YOU may usually prefer that, and based on your attitude, it may be the only way you GET sex, but speak for yourself, not for the rest of us, ok?
 mystery2me
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/4/2008 7:15:32 PM
I'd have to laugh, and then,no, I would not comply. I could only imagine how the guy would plan to dress to match the mood.

It would be different if I'd been dating for a while, and the guy had already seen me in my fuzzy slippers with my hair in a towel and night cream on my face. Then, I might understand, and could anticipate a great, fun night out.
 Smart Lass
Msg: 119
Posted: 7/4/2008 8:19:17 PM
Being sexy has nothing to do with what you are wearing. It is a state of mind. I could be sexy wearing flannel pajamas or a rubber raincoat and boots.

I have seen absolutely stunning women wearing gourgeous gowns without exuding one ounce of sexuality.

If you or he are waiting for a piece of clothing to make you sexy, you will never be sexy.

So no, I will dress for me. If I choose to turn it on, he is one lucky man.
 SweetieGuy_81
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 8:37:36 PM
I personally would prefer a woman to dress the way that makes her feel comfortable, if that means, a mini skirt and tanktop, so be it, but if it makes her feel comfortable, i don't really care, cause if you like her enough to meet her, then she would be lovely regardless of what she wears, since you like her for who she is and not what she looks like.
 dirtydeeds101
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/4/2008 8:48:18 PM
Exactly willsfriend
Some of the requests the **gentlemen** make online are wild.. not ALL you guys out there..don't get me wrong.. but if they were to walk up to a woman on the street with these same requests they would get a slap in the face. I can't understand why the men out here seem to think its acceptable online.
To All The Men Out There: Most of us women Do know how to dress appropriately..there is no need to request a certain outfit..especially on a first meeting.
Geez..and I'm not even a girlie girl.
 DallasFlier
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2008 11:28:27 PM
^^^^^^^
mystery2me and GPSweetheart, 2 great posts! Totally agree with both and love the attitudes you displayed.
 Harlee66
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/5/2008 3:50:57 AM
I'd cancel the date! That speaks loud and clear to me that he's shallow minded and has a control issue. I have no desire to waste time with someone who is either!
 maggiedoyle
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/5/2008 4:42:37 AM
If someone asked me that it would show he didn't have a f*cking clue who I am.
 blue70
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/6/2008 8:09:16 PM
how bizarro- you were flattered by their requests? Well, then I don't blame men for trying.

As for me, any guy who knows me knows I would laugh my ass off if they asked for that cos I'd show up in overalls and clogs, perhaps with hairy legs and sans deodorant.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ladies, if he asked you to dress sexy on the 1st date, would you?