Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Do you believe in Astrology?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WiccanEnchantress
Msg: 26
Do you believe in Astrology?Page 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
And yet you post.....
 allthegoodonesrtaken
Msg: 27
Do you believe in Astrology?
Posted: 6/7/2005 5:39:58 AM
So do I. Wouldn't be a fair discussion otherwise lol.
 WiccanEnchantress
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/7/2005 5:47:14 AM
Allthegoodone's I see what you are,your a closed minded skeptic who enjoy's peeing
on somebodies paraid,in hope's that it'll somehow make you look more "edjucated" or more mature mabey?Guess you can figure out my take on that one.You have intestines dont you?Wanna proove it? I didnt think so,most men dont beleive in what the cant see and what they will not see they donot beleive and that's why these thing's will ALWAY's allude you,why people like you will never know the true beauties of life......

~Silver Fox~
 WiccanEnchantress
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/7/2005 5:55:21 AM
Master bart,your "sweet and sour mystery meat" comment made me laugh so hard I had coffee comeing out of my nose!That was great lol I needed that!
 rustyrale
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/7/2005 6:06:14 AM
Note I am not a functional illiterate I simply do not know how to spell every word in the english language..not that I think your gonna bust my chops for it.

Theoritcly parts of your profile could be applied to anyone,everyone. What makes your profile unique is the amount of spesific parts that apply to you exclusivly.

And yes I did your profile first then I knowticed that you post elsewhere too..Kinda insightful stuff too.

For me the acid test is seeing how many people I get right..I already know how to get people wrong. All I gotta do is be general and vague and phoney. This stuff I am relateing comes from Suzanne White She did the research not me. From parties to chat rooms to forums this book has always been around 90% accurate...However Their is a note by the aurther in the begining about people born onto the cusp. It states that this book and its information will be least accurate for those born onto a cusp because of their dual nature. And that the research wasn't done because that would of made the book a few thousand pages longer and taken about 20 years to complete. As it stands the book is 684 pages of small print. I am born on the leo virgo cusp of Augest 24 and the warning is warrented. If your born on a cusp I'll probably get alot wrong as opposed to a little.

On other subjects do you follow the voyage of the voyager space probes too?

And ANARCHY...It something I believe man will evolve into. Once mankind is capable of trusting the average stranger rather then fear him their will no longer be a need for government... I consider myself a realistic Anarchist. While I do want government I will settel for one that doesn't irratate me much.

Idealy I think america wouldn't be a tyrannical empire if we were allowed some voice and power in our politics. Note like the vote which is meant to placate us but more like replaceing our house of representives with the people and allowing those that would choose to participate to do so.. Keep our senate and everything else just let us speak for ourselves rather then force us to depend on others to speak for us.

I know this drifted abit but when I see another true anarchist I like to talk politics...one last thing,

Have you seen the movie Fight Club?
 allthegoodonesrtaken
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/7/2005 6:20:13 AM
Cutting yourself up isn't the only way to prove you have intestines. Since when does believing you are correct constitute peeing on somebody's parade? It's healthy to question everything. I love it when people question science (it keeps scientists employed). If scientists were all closed minded skeptics, Einstein would have spent his life as an unknown patent clerk.

Why must we fight? Art and philosophy have no place in science yet they are no less valid than relativity. I think (hope) you'll find that the true beauties in life aren't confined to areas outside of logical reasoning, all you have to do is open your mind to it.

just peace out ok?
 rustyrale
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/7/2005 6:39:13 AM
If art and philosophy had no place in science the discipline of political science would not exist.

However I have more respect for grade school guidence counslers then I do for political science majors.

Anyone can analyze politics if they are capable of paying attention one does need need a degree to follow beaurocarcy (sp)

Still I get side tracted this is about astrology not politics... And it is in many taurus' natures to be skeptical of things espescialy paranormal things...
 WiccanEnchantress
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/7/2005 6:42:42 AM
If you want to "debate" that's one thing,but it sound's to me like you just want to crush someone's beleif,and tell them science did it,(my broher used to have a complex like that with barbie dolls and rocks,not to mention fire cracker's)Seem's like everybody is out to proove somebody wrong,especially here!If you dont subscribe to astrology that's one thing,discuss it and dont be rude.....
 allthegoodonesrtaken
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/7/2005 6:50:47 AM
Dude I LOVE fight club! Such a plethora of quotable quotes! It really strikes at the heart of all the things we'd love to do but can't because of our social conditioning.

I do hope anarchy is the style of "government" we adopt when mankind finally leaves Earth to colonise the galaxy (we can all dream, can't we?). Democracy, for all it's virtue, has fatal flaws. Minority groups will inevetably annoy the majority, in the 3rd reich it was Jews, now we have Muslims. I think it was Plato that said something about every tyrant coming at first in the form of a protector. It's in another post here somewhere. Democracy is an attempt to generalise society based an a model of the majority. The sooner we learn not to generalise populations the better. Like minded people will group together and govern themselves without adversely affecting their neighbours.

Look at gay marriage, who is that hurting? Why can't gay people have their own laws governing marriage? Not everyone is gay, and not everyone is straight. By making a blanket statement "marriage is defined as being between man and woman" we are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. It will only fit if we trim the edges and alienate homosexual people. The same can be said for just about anything from taxes to abortion.

You know for all my research, I've yet to find a single study done on the accuracy of astrology. It's not PhD material, but it would be interesting to write one (and interesting trying to get a grant for it lol).

The last I heard of the Voyager probes they had stopped receiving transponder information as of about 2 or 3 years ago. At their present rate, they should reach alpha centauri in a few tens of thousands of years. Although the chances of them bing intercepted by aliens are remote, for the insignificant amount of effort required to attach a plaque it's definately a worthwile venture.

If we were to start building 2 spaceships now that could travel at half the speed of light, then spend 150 years travelling to the nearest inhabitable planets where each crew spent 50 years building 2 new spaceships which spent another 150 years travelling to the nearest inhabitable planet etc we could colonise the galaxy in only 200,000 years. A blink of the eye in cosmological terms. So why haven't we seen aliens yet? Are we the first life in the galaxy? Is it our destiny to spread life?

Who knows?
 WiccanEnchantress
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/7/2005 7:16:51 AM
But,how will you know if your heading toward's a inhabitable planet??(now this is interesting)
How can they tell what gases are on the planet I wonder?Well if it's a blue planet there's water,but does that tell you for sure it has oxegen?I only ask because,well..Id wanna know before I took off to another planet....that would be scary Id just chicken out lolol
 allthegoodonesrtaken
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/7/2005 7:47:04 AM
That's a good question. As of yet, we have discovered over 100 planets outside our solar system but we can't actually see them because they are too small and too faint. We detect them by measuring the extent to which their parent star "wobbles" as the planet orbits - like an olympic hammer thrower. From this we can determine how heavy the planet is, how far away it orbits the star, and how long it takes to orbit.

Around every star is a "habitable zone" - outside of which water boils or freezes. It's like standing too close or too far away from a fire. Earth is just inside the sun's habitable zone at around 4 degrees celsius, but our atmosphere keeps our average temperature at around 15 degrees. If a planet is inside the habitable zone there is a good chance that we could find liquid water.

You can tell what gases are on the planet using spectroscopy - a little more complicated than saying if the planet is blue it has water but you're on the right track. Uranus is blue, but that's because it's mostly methane. Water, oxygen, nitrogen, and every chemical you can think of has it's own "fingerprint" which comes from the way electrons jump between energy levels when they absorb and re emit light. In fact, Helium was first discovered on the sun by observing it's "fingerprint". Also, we know you won't find gases such as oxygen on planets below a certain mass and above a certain temperature because the oxygen molecules move too fast to be trapped by the planet's gravity.

I suppose with current technology we will never know for sure unless we go there, so the volunteers would be taking quite a risk, but if I had to choose between dying that way or crippled in a hospital bed I'd like to be remembered for taking a chance.
 jennifer j
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/7/2005 7:48:06 AM
I absolutely believe in Astrology I am a Scorpio through and through everything that is ever written about a Scorpio fits me to a T
 allthegoodonesrtaken
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/7/2005 7:52:23 AM
by the way none of the planets we have discovered are inhabitable to life as we know it.

There may be some wierd creature that can survive massive gravity, temperatures that would melt lead, and not require oxygen or water but they'd probably invade earth and steal all our air conditioners.

wow, this is really getting off topic, but isn't science fun?
 WiccanEnchantress
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/7/2005 8:30:02 AM
O.K. so Urainus has water,now that I didnt know!(but it's probably all in the atmosphere huh?) and it's blue,isnt Neptune blue?Just now I was out weed eating the lawn and got to thinking about that movie "Event Horizon"I dont figure it's possable to put a "mini black hole" under wrap's and store it in a space ship,but the Idea seem's like a good one,(ofcourse if it was they'd be trying to do it)(dont you love the way I argue with myself )If a person could figure out a way to fold space like they did in that movie problem solved?(as long as it dosent end up like it did in that movie)Ill just bet it'll be something really simple like that,leave it to mankind(AND woman kind ;)to make thing's as diffacult as humanly possible!

~Hail and farewell~
 allthegoodonesrtaken
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/7/2005 9:00:26 AM
Actually Uranus and Neptune don't have water, the blue colour is due to methane. Sorry, I tend to get a little vague when I get all excited about explaining science.

Now the whole black hole thing is VERY interesting. That's getting into my area of study. You're absolutely right about not being able to bring a black hole along with you doggy bag style to be taken out when required. Not only would the differential gravitational forces turn you into spaghetti (well not literally, they would just stretch you out), there is simply no way to contain one.

It's funny you should mention "simple" solutions. The most viable method of propulsion to take a spacecraft to the stars is one of the oldest methods of propulsion known to mankind (and womankind). It's a sail! There's no air out in space, but the sail picks up the solar wind which is made up of particles smaller than an atom. It's much more efficient than bringing your own rocket fuel with you.

We'll get there one day, catch ya later
 WiccanEnchantress
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/7/2005 9:20:31 AM
Well have fun,this was interesting.We'll need to discuss this again under an appropriate thread,but I cant help but wonder where you'd want to put it...I guess I could ask Mikey or Late,would this be concidered religion????hmmmmmm
Any way take care,hun Ill see you around the thread's

~Silver Fox~
 aljamal
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/7/2005 9:25:40 AM
about to be 23...19 june 1982
 MasterBart
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2005 12:41:46 PM
OK somebody either went back and did some serious post editing, or I just plain missed something...

JCLAUS: I don't believe in it.

WICCANENCHANTRESS: And yet you post...

ALLTHEGOODONESRTAKEN: So do I. Wouldn't be a fair discussion otherwise lol.

WICCANENCHANTRESS: Allthegoodone's I see what you are,your a closed minded skeptic who enjoy's peeing on somebodies paraid,in hope's that it'll somehow make you look more "edjucated" or more mature mabey?Guess you can figure out my take on that one. You have intestines dont you? Wanna proove it? I didnt think so, most men dont beleive in what the cant see and what they will not see they donot beleive and that's why these thing's will ALWAY's allude you,why people like you will never know the true beauties of life...

The QUESTION is "do you believe in Astrology", and it's unacceptable to say No?

Top it off, I dislike the "war on illiteracy" enough as it is, now we have a war between the semi-literates?

Well, here's my urine sample, where's the parade?
 WiccanEnchantress
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/7/2005 12:45:17 PM
Well,why dont you gripe at a few more people while your at it?
 rustyrale
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/7/2005 12:49:00 PM
Before I procede with more astrology You have got my Ears at their upright position.

What can you do with artificaly created black holes made through Z-feild compression or the CERN LHC super colider and placed them into a magnetic houseing and injected electrons to control mass and gravity?

What if you used two of them to create a Kerr Tipler sinusoid? You may end up with time travel or more correctly put Worldline travel.

I know next to nothing about quantim physics. I got all this from a guy who said he was a tiime traveler. Perhaps you have heard of john titor?

If not you should goto johntitor.com and read what professors are backing his equations as credible and sound.

He said alot of stuff but it was my research into the science of titor that made me believe...

If you read his equations of how and why his machine worked and double check the math you may not like knowing everything else he had to say..It may cripple your view of reality...or you maybe just fine...

Either way check out what scientists are supporting him as true.
 WiccanEnchantress
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/7/2005 12:55:32 PM
Sinusoid's? I was haveing some trouble with my Sinusoids the other day haha *snort* hahaha*snort* ok sorry,Sweety I Have NOOO idea what you just said so Im just going to agree k?
 rustyrale
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/7/2005 1:46:37 PM
Aljamal

You are a gemini born into the year of the dog.

Your an energtic person with many talents and aptitudes who needs,above everything to adhere faithfully to the rules. Otherwise if the gemini/dog swerves of course,tests authority, and tries to get by with less than true hard work and grit, or tries to cheat his way to success, disasster will ensue.

Either you spend too much of yourself on the woes of the world or not give a pigs whistle about others...If the latter is true the gemini/dog will be impossible,lumbering,pushy,fast talking,self-involved,and most of all heart breakingly adorable. More commonly if you come from upstanding education, You are amusing and noble. A show off and a sweetheart.

Activity is essential to you. You practicaly never stay home.

Unusal things attract the gemini/dog. Your always good at seeking out some weirdo bedroom set that used to belong to Greta Garbo( i dont know who that is). when she played in Grand Hotel.

You are shocked by any sort of force or vulgarity. You may fight bravely in war but as a civilian you dont want anything to do with the power of strength for its own sake.

Efficient, you like things neat around you. You work best in orderly surroundings and dislike finding your stuff messed with from where you left it.

A spendthrift and wasteful because of your stupidly generous nature(books' words not mine).

Your best compatiblities come from Aries,Leo,and Aquarius born into the year of the horse. Second string matchs include Leos and Libras born into the year of the cat.

Also book says you need real,deep loyal love, not virtousity.

And thats an abrieveated portion of your profile.
 moonshadows679
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/7/2005 3:44:35 PM
I'm all fuzzy in my beliefs... I like the idea of Astrology and identify with a lot of aspects in my sign...out of curiousity does anyone here do "star charts"? I'd love to get mine done.
 SlimJim1980
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2005 7:40:32 PM
rusty,

I see you tried to give me a more specific analysis on my character/personality. I don't carry myself like a prince, and I don't understand what constitutes "surrounding myself with important people". I gues it depends on your definition of important people. Honestly, I like to surround myself with my friends!

I am pretty high strung, so being the nervous type is correct. Yes, I am hospitible. But honeslty, who isn't! I am lucid, so you got that. Everything else you wrote really doesn't apply much to me. You make me sound like I'm a power hungry maniac!

Your analysis supports my previous thinking that astrology is just way too general, and a few points from any analysis can virtually apply to anyone.

To answer your question I don't know my I.Q., but I doubt I'm a genious. However I consider myself an intelligent person.
 OptimumTaurus
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/7/2005 9:09:32 PM
I'm a Rat Taurus.

I think astrology has some merit.. I have a Taurus sign tattooed on my right arm.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Do you believe in Astrology?