Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Do you believe in Astrology?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dapi_editor
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Do you believe in Astrology?Page 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
xotic

Your elemental signs also modify you traits in the chinese calendar, obviously you are not a fire dragon or the worst traits of the dragon would be yours, your modifiers may be earth which creates a more stable and enduring sign or, water which creates a more accomodating and concilliatory personality.
 funn1
Msg: 102
Do you believe in Astrology?
Posted: 6/27/2005 6:35:49 PM
I could be wrong but diddnt deut chap 9 I think speek agains such things?
 dapi_editor
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2005 6:56:06 PM
possibly, but then what about the Kabbalah?
 XoticDeeva
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/29/2005 4:01:02 PM
dapi,
I'm a wood dragon,care 2 share some of ur zodiac bio w/the rest of the class?
 dapi_editor
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2005 8:38:27 PM
xotic

I'm Sagitarrius with Scorpio cusp...

My blood type is A- supposedly I'm calm and composed, tend to be too serious, a reliable and solid person, a perfectionist, tend to be somewhat cold, arrogant and conceited towards others and suppress my emotions and feelings towards other people.

I'm a White Cow born in the year of the Red Rooster, Earth is my elder element and Metal is my junior, Water balances and affirms me, Fire and Wood currently oppose me, these two elements represent my job and my luck/fortune.

your turn
 XoticDeeva
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/2/2005 5:08:14 PM
dapi,
I'm a Scorp/Sag "cusp"kid as well,moon in Cancer,1st house in Virgo,Sag sun-sign,born in the year of the Wood-Dragon,also known as the Chinese Zodiacs guardian of wealth & power,as well as being 1 of the most celebrated Chinese Zodiacs,born under the auspices of the wood year makes me a person of very high morals & a good deal of self-confidence,my interests r wide/varied,wood personalities r expansive & cooperative by nature & like 2 do thing's onna grand scale,possess executive personalities & can apportion & separate matters into the correct catagories & work orders,wood personalities r also know 4 progressiveness & generosity which enables them 2 take on large projects,long-term or sizable developments,wood personalities will find support & finances whenever & wherever they need them,because others will have faith in their ability 2 turn information & ideas into profit."Whew"! lol
 dapi_editor
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2005 11:39:19 PM
In otherwords a good business type but, not someone who would be a journalist, TV or movie actor/personality.

What about your blood type? I expect you are a B.
 Bunnyfunny
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/4/2005 4:10:41 AM
Hi Rustyrale, the last time I looked into a book that combined eastern and western astrological signs, it told me that I would remain unmarried...

17 August 1951.
 XoticDeeva
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/4/2005 5:16:30 PM
dapi,I never looked into my bloodtype, and 2 think that I gave u enuff info,lol
writingstar,ur a metal leo rabbit,interesting combo...
 13thPortal
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/4/2005 7:38:59 PM
I believe in it to a point....but I've always felt that I am not really like my birth sign. My birthday is sept 18th, 1965

I am a Virgo Snake, but go ahead and tell me what you think. (my profile already gives my past away, but I'm still curious as to what you have to say about it)

Thanx for the offer by the way..very generous of you to look this up for everyone!
 dapi_editor
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2005 11:28:09 PM
xotic

let's see B's are cheerful, they are people people, bright and enthusiastic about work-sometimes accused of being workaholics they tackle projects enthusiastically but soon become bored if there is not enough stimulus. they can also be selfish and aggressive, if there is something they want they will stop at nothing to get it.

Is this you?
 dapi_editor
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2005 11:35:21 PM
writingstar

this is supposed to be your best year, no big surprises or upheavals but you will achieve several of your goals this year.
 XoticDeeva
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/5/2005 3:16:39 PM
Hey dapi,
Some of what u wrote is true,thanx 4 sharing it w/me... I was wondering how u based writingstars year as being the "best" considering this is the year of her nemesis
 dapi_editor
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2005 10:02:00 PM
Overall the good fortune that a metal rabbit possesses will outweigh the bad. There are warnings in her horoscope which should be heeded.

She will suffer some adversity-don't we all(my fortune warns me about finances and money, also warns about relationships) but by the end of the year will be doing better. According to some of what I've read this year will be a tempering of her soul for the events to come. It's like taking medicine. Make the right decisions now and the outcome will be better.
 Nicolebaby
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2005 3:44:42 AM
My Name is Andrea and i was born on October 27th 1981
I would like you to tell me what your book says about me. Im a Scorpio, but due to me being born in October do i have a Libra riseing or ect. Whats my match?
 ARIA 777
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2005 8:17:43 AM
Hello , i want to start off by saying i do enjoy astrology. I am a double cancer- with a heavy sag. moon. I just recently met a sagitarious. I never was involved with a sag. i guess i was never interested. so- to my suprise i have been enjoying this person so much - it is so clear we must have the same sun, or moon sign ,or something. i WAS TOLD SAG, IS NOT FOR ME ROMANTICALLY - but i have to say , i am involved 6 months now and i am still interested.
i most certainly am enjoying his restless nature, animal side- the horse, and fire within him. Only communication is somewhat alittle bit hard sometimes. i know i am the 8th astrological house to him which means i represent mystery - sexual , and otherwise . ( this is really true , because we have not met in person- we only communicate on here and i do see him through a webcam, and i must say he does have sagitarious fire in his eyes. ( like i said this is the very first sag i have ever had anything with ) maybe that is why i never felt i was with the right person. we are alike, yet i feel the opposite in our personalities. i am wondering if we compliment eachother as friends or lovers, what is the upside, and down side of SAGITARIOUS, AND CANCER- i do think my moon in sag. helps us .also ,ARENT SAGITARIOUS,AND AQUARIOUS ALIKE ? I WANT TO ADD - i can appreciate astology , but i do not take it above what we share in our dreams , goals , and pasts. (i dont mind including it ) cancarian
 SoTexMan
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/17/2005 11:54:06 PM
Astrology is a parlor game invented in ancient Greece when they thought the planets were just beyond human reach, and is based on nothing.

When someone asks you your sign it makes far better sense to give them the name of the ob/gyn who caught you, or the name of the nurse who wrapped you up. Or maybe "Birthing Room 3" would be better. They had FAR more effect on your personality and future than planets moving perhaps 100s of millions of miles away. Best of all...give them the name of your mother.

Find out what commercial aircraft was flying over you at the moment you were born. Its gravitational pull was millions of time greater than that of any planet. Sheesh, give me a break.

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves."

David
 Nomad1k
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/14/2005 10:16:28 AM
I recently told a woman, with no prior information but her birthday, when she got divorced and why, in NOVEMBER, 1989. To those who think that was a fluke, just send me your birthday(with time and location for better results), and I'll pull another rabbit out of my hat!

And, I also have a VERY good book that has tables showing the birthdays of our soul mates/fatal attractions/likely enemies.

I would love to help somebody find their soulmate. If you want to know more, send me your birthday(don't need time or place) and I'll send you a copy of the table for the day you were born.

PS.... if you've met a girl, born Aug 17, 1977, send her on over.
 wonkavision
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/14/2005 10:47:58 AM
Please refer to my comments on Nostradamus as they apply to astrology as well. Essentially, when you make broad generalized statements regarding human behaviour, people will tailor it to their own lives. I have read many an in depth chart from signs other than my own that could apply to me; fact is they could apply to anyone. John Stossel did an excellent report on the power of belief, and as social experiment they went to a college classroom (I think it was a psychology class, but don't quote me on that.) They offered to do an in depth personality evaluation based on all their signs and return the next week. When they did return they asked, by raising their hands, how many people felt it described them. Almost the entrie class raised their hands. Many said, you know, I never believed in this stuff before, but this is amazing. It fits me to a tee. Then they revealed the truth, which was that they all received the exact same profile, and it was the profile of an infamous serial killer. By the way, my sign is Cancer with emphysema rising.
 Nomad1k
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/14/2005 11:12:36 AM
Wonkavision:

You definately have a good point about the "wishful thinking" that well are all subject too. I'm sure every person in here thinks they're above average intelligence. For a Cancer, you don't seem very receptive to the subtle energies around you. One experiment is hardly enough to dismiss a discipline that has survived well into the age of the Supercomputer. I was WAY more skeptical than you, even after my mom had her "tea leaves" read, fortelling of the end of her marraige, the relation of the adultress to my mother and the number of children that would come of the 2nd marraige. It was only after a girl rattled off a slew of Gemini traits to me that I took a serious interest. Originally, only to disprove it. The rabbit hole keeps getting deeper and I can't look away. I took Electrical Engineering in university and I can't find the meaning behind a poem to save my life, but I KNOW that astrology works. If you just read the "sun sign" horoscopes in the newspaper, I would expect you to be skeptical. Try going on www.astro.com and see if that opens your eyes.

It's a big world out there....

We are not alone....

Trevor
 zgirlbeautiful
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/14/2005 11:31:11 AM
Ok i am a gemini born in 1973...tell me about me
 taurus516
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2005 11:39:06 AM
May 16,1960 Jacksonville,Florida 2:30 PM.What can you tell me besides I'm old as dirt?
 Nomad1k
Msg: 123
Posted: 10/14/2005 11:45:07 AM
It's pointless for me to try, without know the day you're born. The moon could be anywhere. Venus could be +-20 degrees. Sun +-15 degrees. Mercury......

Sorry, but that's just how the whole thing works!
 wonkavision
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/14/2005 11:59:49 AM
"For a Cancer, you don't seem very receptive to the subtle energies around you."

Wait... aren't you proving my point with that statement? So I don't fit the expectation for cancer. Fact is that some of the traits fit, some don't, but most come down to how I decide to evaluate the subjective intricacies of my own personality. I, like most others, am an introvert and an extrovert at times, have moments of depression, joy and the whole range of emotions daily. Some times I'm more pessimistic, others more optimistic. etc. etc.

From your suggested web site, astro.com-

Your negative side
Weak, transient effect: Tonight you are inclined to keep your feelings and innermost thoughts to yourself.

[define innermost thoughts and feeling please. This is widely open to interpretaion. For the most part I am never inclined that way. I very much an open book. I'm not afraid to share even the darkest moments of my life, errors in judgement and deviant thoughts, because I firmly believe that everyone has them, and the world would be a better place if we all admitted it and treated it with more levity. So no matter how you choose to interpret this vague generalization it doesn't very well apply to me. Next...]

A sense of loneliness or isolation frequently accompanies this period of time, or depression and a general sense of pessimism.

[That defines a part of my personality at any time, but so does the converse statement.]

Domestic problems may also accompany this influence, usually because you feel that in some way your domestic life is not giving you what it should.

[Okay, c'mon, this is something that a large percentage of the population would have to concede to. Who doesn't want improvement in their domestic lives? Certainly not anyone looking to astrology for answers.]

which may or may not be true.

Honestly, did they just say that? Which may or may not be true?

Your real problem is either that you are cut off from your emotions or that your emotions are too unpleasant to deal with.

[This is so applicable to culture as a whole that understanding better why humans in general are inclined to do this is an important area of study.]

Thus there is a strong conflict between what you think of yourself and what you think you should be.

What I should be in what context? Financially? Sure, who doesn't think that? In terms of unexplored potential? Well not really for me as I am always trying to better myself and increase my level of knowledge and creative endevour. It all comes down to how you evaluate the nuances of your personality as they relate to generalized subjective statements applicable to the human species as a whole.
 wonkavision
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/14/2005 12:00:59 PM
Please forgive the abysmal typos in the above post. I dashed it off quickly and didn't edit.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Do you believe in Astrology?