Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Parts is parts so don't knock it      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 countrytat
Msg: 26
Parts is parts so don't knock itPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
yup me too.. they can kiss my white country ass!...F*CK EM!
 ddee4u
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Parts is parts so don't knock it
Posted: 6/10/2008 12:56:32 PM
incredible Mr limp...something....OMG...don't take this one apart Tina Limpid or ty or ????????????? boy I added this a little late!!!!
 Durst1st
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/10/2008 1:41:59 PM
Thanks DDee...that's right you go...

That's my girl...Diesel....DITTO....TY

By the way it's a commerical cleaning business not houses...lol
 climbsagain
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/10/2008 2:41:19 PM
Parts are more than parts. In many cases the parts reveal much about the owner of the parts and how they care for the parts. In some cases health makes caring for parts a difficult life. In other cases parts reveal a true misunderstanding for health. In some cases the condition of ones parts suggests the complete inability to care for anything or anyone. Parts reveal much!
 Durst1st
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/10/2008 2:53:55 PM
Climbs again...BRAVO...very well put...young man...
Now get ready for the CLAWS...lmao....and thick claws at that...lol
 amybbad*
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/10/2008 3:29:32 PM
I think that sometimes ones weight has nothing to do with how they eat or take care of themselves...it's genes and metabolism. I myself eat all the time, whatever I want. And I can't say that I really exercise, although my job is pretty physical. I just stay pretty small, same with my brothers and sisters. Cowboy says I have a hollow leg. I have a friend who is very large, even though she watches what she eats and trys to get in exercise everyday. Her lifestyle is much healthier than mine as far as eating and exercise. The whole metabolism thing is very confusing to me because I know people who try so hard to no avail. BTW, she is one of the most beautiful people, inside and out, I have ever met in my life.
 harleycwgrl74
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 3:32:16 PM

In line with the direction this thread has gone in, do you think that being politically correct removes a person's freedom of speech? I remember the old saying, "I don't agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it." Nobody seems willing to defend that nowadays, and it is possible for one sentence to ruin a person's reputation, wreck a career, and bring on lawsuits. Do you think what a person says should be policed?

Everyone has the right to free speech, thoughts, feelings, emotions ect.ect. Do I think what people say needs to be policed? No..... The way in which a person chooses to express themselves shows them for what type of person they really are, regardless of their looks, age, religion ect., they show their true colors. You can learn a lot about someone just from a few words or sentences. Being politically correct in what you say doesn’t remove your freedoms of speech either. It should only make you more conscience of your words and the cause and effect they may have. I would defend someone’s right to free speech but I won’t stand behind someone not being politically correct about it. In example; if someone wants to say prejudice things about race, religion or handicaps that’s fine, it’s their business, but would I want to be associated with them when they say things that are not politically correct? NO WAY!

BTW.....It's nice to see ya back DOC!
 Durst1st
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/10/2008 3:47:42 PM
Ms....Amy great to se ya on here...how's that precious man of yours...you two take care...Glad to see you two are still together....
 loraz0
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/10/2008 3:49:02 PM
Years ago when I was in much better shape I too looked at the wrapper surrounding the entire package, and placed it number one in criteria for dating. I discovered eventually that pretty is as pretty does. Most of the beautiful ones were either empty shells, or had a pretty rotten inside.
Judging a mate on shallow terms will usually get you just that, a shallow mate.
 amybbad*
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/10/2008 3:54:48 PM
Well it's good to see you too Miss Tina. And you know my Cowboy is doing just fine as usual. He is precious.
 grannybritches
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/10/2008 4:52:25 PM
Thanks, harleycowgrl! I've been missing you guys.

I'm in agreement with you. I think the most important thing is to allow people to express themselves. How else are we going to know their hearts? One of the best ways to know someone on POF is to read their posts. What they say may draw you to them or drive you away. It's almost like a preliminary meeting when you read someone's posts.

I think, though, that sometimes a reverse discrimination line is crossed in the way of employment when people express their views. If you can't discriminate against people for age, racial, sexual, or religious reasons, can you discriminate against someone who has certain likes or dislikes? Boy, there's a can of worms!

OK, for example, someone applies for a job and they don't like obese people. Is that grounds for not being hired? As long as the person is qualified and does their job well, can there be parameters included where someone has to have a certain opinion about things like that?

Perhaps if the job were in a clinic that treated obese people, there would have to be only people hired who like obese people. That would be an emotional requirement for employment. Is this the same as not hiring an obese person because they are physically unable to do a certain job?
 climbsagain
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/10/2008 5:45:59 PM
How did this turn into a thread about discrimination? But for the record people have been hired or not hired based on looks and weight in the entertainment bussiness for a long time. First using most recent evidence look at what happens to many if not most actresses regarding acting careers once they gain the slightest amount of weight. How many actresses have fallen off the big screen because they could not compete physically with the younger crowd? Did Meg Ryan suddenly forget to act or did she get old? How about the actress from Cheers that gained weight and is now doing weight reduction commericals. Did she forget how to act? The public which determines what is popular watches movies and shows with fit and beautiful people. This is also discrimination. Discrimination based on what the public wants to see on the big screen or the televison in thier house.
 gdnrs
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/10/2008 5:57:38 PM
It was the Incredible Mr. Limpett... where Don Knotts turned into a fish.
 johnnymx5
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/10/2008 6:19:21 PM
Physical fitness is a personal preference. I do not think it should be done for others but for yourself and your health. If looking better comes from working out and eating healthy then so be it. We should all respect our health...we only have it once and can never get it back if it goes south!
 ddee4u
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 6:45:40 PM
Thank you Rosie............I knew I was close! LOL
 Forum Junkie
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/10/2008 8:22:35 PM
First off, as a former small business owner let me say that when hiring I always over emphasized the physical portion of any job. Even though state law can force a company to make "reasonable" accomodations for a job. Most times its only an issue when someone has previously been employed and has been released for inability to continue to perform a job.

As for being politically correct when making a statement of belief ... my thought still falls along the line that if you are not smart enough to make a comment without being rudely offensive- then I don't want you around me. Now if you can tactfully tell someone how bass-ackwards they are and they walk away with a smile on their face. Thats the ability that most of my friends have at hand. If you can't agree with someone and let them know it without making them want to fight- just how smart are they really? Just my two cents- doesn't mean much anymore.
 grannybritches
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/11/2008 4:14:58 AM
I wonder why it is that "ugly" parts have so much power. One ugly part overshadows a myriad of good parts. Someone can have so many good features and then make one mistake and that overshadows the whole shebang. They can be beautiful in every way, but have one ugly thing and people zero in on that thing. Yet the only action that can overcome a negative part is doing something positive or bringing out a positive feature. That is a lot of work sometimes that some people have just given up on. But then the result is bitterness about the part that results in rejection. So we have to just keep being positive no matter what because to give up doesn't produce any better results.
 Durst1st
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/11/2008 6:12:00 AM
gdnrs....that's it thank you, very much...I've been going crazy, trying to remember, that....Old age ya know...lol
 harleycwgrl74
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 8:00:28 AM
Forgive me for my length here....

But for the record people have been hired or not hired based on looks and weight in the entertainment business for a long time. First using most recent evidence look at what happens to many if not most actresses regarding acting careers once they gain the slightest amount of weight. How many actresses have fallen off the big screen because they could not compete physically with the younger crowd? Did Meg Ryan suddenly forget to act or did she get old? How about the actress from Cheers that gained weight and is now doing weight reduction commericals. Did she forget how to act? The public which determines what is popular watches movies and shows with fit and beautiful people. This is also discrimination. Discrimination based on what the public wants to see on the big screen or the televison in thier house.

This is so true and what I was referring to when I brought up how the world "views" people. Many years ago in this country and several other countries, to be of larger proportion was desired. It was looked at to be of higher standing in the community and to have wealth. Look at Marilyn Monroe for example, she was a size 14/16, in today’s standards that is obese. Marilyn Monroe's dress size didn’t make her any less of a person or any less desirable. It wasn’t until the "Twiggy" era and when fashion scene exploded where this thinking was reversed. Hence the era of eating disorders which every year grows in prevalence, every year the ages get younger and younger and is becoming more prevalent in men as well.

As for being politically correct when making a statement of belief ... my thought still falls along the line that if you are not smart enough to make a comment without being rudely offensive- then I don't want you around me. Now if you can tactfully tell someone how bass-ackwards they are and they walk away with a smile on their face. Thats the ability that most of my friends have at hand. If you can't agree with someone and let them know it without making them want to fight- just how smart are they really? Just my two cents- doesn't mean much anymore.

Fut~ your two cents means more then you know, I completely agree with you! It isn’t what you believe in it's the finesse you have in handling it.

I wonder why it is that "ugly" parts have so much power

Ugly is as ugly does... Beauty is as beauty does....
What my definition of beauty/ugly means verses yours or anyone else’s is completely different. Beauty or ugly is in the eye of the beholder, a feature I may find attractive someone else may not. That being said no matter what I do or do not find attractive doesn’t make the person any less of a person, if that makes sense.
 countrytat
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/11/2008 8:10:39 AM
You always make TOTAL sense Kelly ..... and i totally agree with you .....

You speak chinese?.......IS THAT a quality that you like?
 harleycwgrl74
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 8:17:38 AM
Just one of the many qualities I look for..... Think thats why I luv ya so much....LMAO
 countrytat
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/11/2008 8:28:09 AM
HAHAHA... that and im BEAUTIFUL!
 harleycwgrl74
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 8:38:25 AM
You know it sista....inside and out!
 racefan529
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 7:18:13 PM
as a "fat " person, i don't really care too much what anyone thinks about it. if you have a problem with it, that problem belongs to you.

for the record: the 4 components of physical fitness are
strength
flexibility
endurance
and balance

how then, can weight = fitness????????

facts, not an opinion
 Forum Junkie
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/11/2008 9:34:02 PM
how then, can weight = fitness????????

Its not that weight= fitness. I would think that you would be one of the few on here smart enough to realize the difference and not make such a foolishly sweeping statement. Obesity is defined as excessive weight(commonly fat) on a person's body. This figure is normally defined as over 30% in women and over 25% in men to their Body Mass Index(BMI). BMI is figured as weight divided by their height squared. Some adjustments are made for muscular people or differing body structures. But not for general weight overall or because someone weighs an excessive amount therefor we're going to cut them slack because they must have more muscle than others. Therefor to the naked eye to a point weight can mean fitness level to a certain point. If someone is 5'2" and 300 pounds, then their fitness level is obviously not going to be good no matter what has happened that they have those stats. Just as someone who is 6'7" and 185 pounds is not neccessarily healthy either. You do need a certain amount of body fat for energy storage and absorption of shock in day to day life. But when you get to the point that there is an excessive amount of weight, its just not good.

The comfort zone takes our greatest aspirations and turns them into excuses for not bothering to aspire.
-Peter McWilliams
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Parts is parts so don't knock it