Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > When men stress.....why do you guys want to isolate?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lostintheshuffle
Msg: 150
When men stress.....why do you guys want to isolate?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Probably cause he goes out, kills something, works out or punches a bag for a little while. Take out the stress with some fight back :-) I know when I get a little angry, I go workout. I can workout by my lonesome :-) I assume its the same for others.
 Simon1234
Msg: 151
view profile
History
When men stress.....why do you guys want to isolate?
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:41:36 AM
Why do men isolate themselves when under a lot of pressure?

It is our nature!

Google it!

I see the problem with not working it out sometime in the future, but it is best that we're silent about it when the feelings are strong.
 Willsfriend
Msg: 152
women don't want empathy....
Posted: 7/16/2008 1:45:04 PM
from men - they can get it from their girlfriends, their hairdressers, or their moms. smart girls want from men what men are BEST at giving.....do I have to spell it for y'all? (lol)
 Lightly-Lightly
Msg: 153
Posted: 7/16/2008 3:25:31 PM
Its not necessary isolation but we have to heal our wounds if its the case. We used to hunt and fight over the milenia and many times we got wounded. Then you have to shut up and don't inform your "enemies" that you would we weakend.
Its not a good idea for a men to show that he is vulnerable. It could very well turn against him. So...there is more to it but in a nutshell.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 3:40:23 PM
Because most of my problems are caused by people. I isolate myself because the last thing I need is more people. Turning to someone else is like rubbing snow on frostbite, contrary to popular belief, it doesn't work and actually makes the problem worse.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 5:35:26 PM
I do agree with a lot of the men here. And some women.

Women typically have the answer to the question they pose, but men think they have to "solve it" for them. That's quite normal (and wrong) because they automatically think it's a "guy question" and forget the differences in our way of seeing things.

If I ask a guy about something, it's because I want another "solution" given to me, possibly one I haven't thought of. That's pretty rare, honestly. I know that if I ever do, they'll supply one. This is a very "male" thing to do, and we all speak the same language.

I hit such a problem, and the main source of an answer is typically going to be me. You either understand that, or you don't.
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 156
Posted: 7/16/2008 6:48:45 PM
Instinctively, an injured animal generally hides its injury from predators, rivals, and anything that may take unfair advantage of the situation. This often involves retreating into a den, burrow, cave, thicket, or tall grass.

Have you ever taken unfair advantage when your man was tired, confused, or not feeling well? Perhaps some previous female did?
 Meh2k
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 7:30:22 PM
If i feel i have a problem i'd like to try and work it out, talking about it to other people unless they're part of the problem really doesn't get me anywhere
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > When men stress.....why do you guys want to isolate?