Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Solutions to illegal immigration?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 d0rene
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Solutions to illegal immigration?Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

As far as Mexico toughening their border, they actually want to see Americans come in. They know it spells more money for the economy. It's an absolute reversal of the whole situation. Who are the idiots in all of it? Not Mexico. You got that right.

Why would Mexico want to see anything put across the border? American tourists go into Mexico and spend money buying souvenirs and adding to their tax base that way. Illegals cross the border and earn money to send home which then puts more money into their economy that is paid in taxes and that they buy products. Instead of an American worker paying an American grocer, the illegal work is paying into a business in Mexico and supporting that economy. But hey, it's all good right? The employer saves money on labor and he doesn't have to mess with dealing with the government. So maybe in a few years there will be no one to buy his product in America.... I hear India is a growing economy, and Mexico is sure looking up?!
 redwood34
Msg: 177
Solutions to illegal immigration?
Posted: 12/17/2008 7:50:01 PM
"American tourists go into Mexico and spend money buying souvenirs and adding to their tax base that way."

More people are deciding to not travel to Mexico, because the U.S. state department put out a travel alert, warning of increased violence and crime in places like Tijuana and Baja California and other areas of Mexico. Drug related crime and violence from the drug cartels is still a big problem there too.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_3028.html
 sorot
Msg: 178
Posted: 12/17/2008 10:46:05 PM
wanted to see if anyone or some would like to answer my questions below. since the subject is "Solutions to illegal immigration".

1. do you think it has became a problem bcs the law is old and it needs to be updated to be enforced better? I mean if it doesn't get enforced better it is only logical to do prelimiary assumption that may be the problem is that it is not practical and has many unethical aspects. Like for instance, there is a law that say if you are an attorney and you have established a client-attorney relationship you are legally prohibited to disclose anything your client says, and if you do that you are supposed to be disbarred. Let's say I am an attorney (I am NOT obviously, luckily .....) and I have a client who is telling me that is going to go and kill his wife this evening. I am legally prohibited to inform to ANYONE and any authority about it, and if I do, then I am supposed to get disbarred if my client sues me with another attorney or even informs the bar. Ok, I am a nice attorney (even though there are not nice attorney, but let's assume), and to save that lady's life I violate client-attorney relationship and inform the police. So, the point I am trying to make is that no attorney is respecting that law if the things come to that level and nobody is even folowing it in these types of cases bcs it makes no sense due to the fact that doesn't have clear definition about exlcusions. Such as, yes the law in general must be followed, unless someone else's life is under danger, or significan material or physical damage may be casued to another party etc etc

2. let me ask you a question too - let's say the lady comes here , delivers a child or children who go to school are born here, are citizens to this coutnry by birth but the lady when one of her sons is already 15 and doughter 12 is under deportation and supposed to leave this country. OK, what it has to do with children? How can the government by force separate children from their mother or force their own chidren who are citizens of this country to go live in another country where there might be a war, femine and after all these kids don't want that and are not and most likely will not be accustomed to it. Legally, this is the case, and as mentioned above I know a person who is in this situation. So, is there anyone here who will give her/his thoughts about this.

3. parents are coming to USA illegally with a child who is 1.5 months old. that child is already 41 years old but haven't been born here and received a citizenship neither could apply for anything else. Parents went back to their home country for retirement while he lives here, is accustomed to live in this country received an education here however, he is recieing a paper that he is here illegally and needs to go back to his country of birth or wherever. Ok, so in what extent do you think this makes sense if any sense at all. What that guy has to do with his parents decision to bring him here, leave here, he has nothing to do with his country of birth, he has been living in this country for his entire life, however how the hell he should go back and for what to live in another country.

I am not even talking about financial matters, such as all these kids received free education in high school, and other education and financial expenses done by government by taxpayers money, so what's the point even from financial perspective to force those whom you already educated to live in your country to send to live in another country about which they have no clue. Some, may even not be able to proof that they are citizens of that country. For instance, say in case #3, if that guy who is 41 and was born say in Mosambique, and is bing sent to Mosambique, even if when he goes there, he might not be addmitted, since doesn't have a passport and that coutnry may not provide him citizenship since just bcs USA grants citizenship by birth, they may not.
Anyone who knows about problematic aspects of immigration law related with solutions to immgiration issue can bring their examples too.
 d0rene
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2008 5:07:37 PM
1. Ethics is the problem. If a lawyer KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt that his client is guilty and then helps him walk away without a problem, then it is a problem. The ethics crisis is one of the biggest problems today. It's ok to do it - just don't get caught doing it.

2. ENTER THE COUNTRY LEGALLY. At least, even though it was done illegally, she gained citizenship for them and they would have the right to return as adults. With the huge economic crisis we are facing, we are having trouble raising American children - look at what happened when Nebraska left it's safe haven law with an open age. How many teenage children were dropped off. Now because someone sneaks across the border we are expected to raise those children or allow them to have an illegal babysitter? Don't enter the country in the first place!

3. ENTER THE COUNTRY LEGALLY! What kind of an idiot sneaks across the border with a baby? If the child lived here for 41 years and got a free education, I can almost guarantee you there will be job somewhere for an educated English speaking ambitious person. Why is America expected to revere the fact that these people are slick enough to beat the system. "BUT, BUT, I'VE DONE IT FOR 41 YEARS, SHOULDN'T I BE ABLE TO CONTINUE TO DO IT?" As you said, his parents retired to their home country - he goes where they go, even if he's 41 years old.

You're right, they did receive a free education and that is why our schools are having such a major crisis. Maybe we should start submitting bills so they can help defray the costs of their education?
 angelsands
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2008 5:35:26 PM
In case You had forgotten.. uhh.. the minimum wage is still 6.75 U.S. Dollars.. LESS that what they pay at ANY fast food restaurant.... So, Uhh.. It makes me wonder what would happen if WE ALL START ANY JOB AT THE MINIMUM WAGE.... !! Even though the pay is above the minimum wage... Not many "Americans" are lined up to take those jobs... Please stop kidding ourselves ....! Yet, we want to have the benefit of cheap prices... but refuse to "boycott" whatever they make...That is a little bit... uhhh... OXIMORONIC.... don't You think..?? I mean, WE all complain about outsourcing jobs, but WE still go to Wal-Mart and buy the same products that the American people should be making here...Why..?? Because of the CHEAP prices... The same thing happen with the "illegals"... Let's be realistic... We simply can not have of both words....
 sorot
Msg: 181
Posted: 12/18/2008 7:44:09 PM
1. Ethics is the problem. If a lawyer KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt that his client is guilty and then helps him walk away without a problem, then it is a problem.

=========================

Well, it's lawyer's LEGAL responsibility to do everything he can to protect his client even if he knows he is guilty, that's why there is another party - such as Prosecution to build their own case as well as jury to decide what finally to do. Yes from punishment aspect of law (meaning one of the functions of law is not correcting the person but just punishing for revenge) it is unethical , however from "correctional" (meaning, legal system is trying to re-educate him, such as if someone hit by the car and killed someone else, most likely he doesn't need re-education and spending in jail for decades since most likely it was just an accident) point of view it may not. However my point was different - it is when there is a law and even for the lawyers is difficult to follow it not bcs of ethics or something else, but just bcs that law doesn't make any sense. If you are just a human being and know that someone is going to kill another human being, you usually just try to prevent it. Otherwise what's the point of all this "justice" etc, if one can't even protect someone else life? But bcs of the shortcoming of the present law, you can still go and prevent it, but in this certain case by doing so, you won't only violate the law yourself but also be disbarred, and you probably know how difficult and expensive it is to get an attorney license. So, again, there is a law, and it just doesn't make any sense. So, what needs to be done? Obviously - changed.

With the huge economic crisis we are facing, we are having trouble raising American children -
===================

I am also talking about American children as any other American children who are born in this country are American citizens and the fact that their mother now in last two months became under deportation proceeding has nothing to do with them not being American.
 dragonpat
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2008 7:46:39 PM
In the third case above may I ask why the person in question didnt take advantage of the amnesty offered in the 80's? WHy that person didnt apply for citizenship? why that person had to stay illegal for all those years?
just curious.
 sorot
Msg: 183
Posted: 12/18/2008 9:39:12 PM
In the third case above may I ask why the person in question didnt take advantage of the amnesty offered in the 80's? WHy that person didnt apply for citizenship? why that person had to stay illegal for all those years?
just curious.
========================
No idea, I just talked with this guy who is a friend of my ex -wife's friends. I don't know about the amnesty of 80s, though from my point of view I think it is very relevant. I think that partial amnesty may be an excellent thing to do in present immigration situation instead of hypothetically deporting all these families, by probably violating some international laws too, making the relationship with Mexico deteriorate and entire world stating again hating Americans while things are going now to the right direction.
 dragonpat
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2008 11:40:46 PM
I dont know of any international law that would prohibit the deportation of non-citizens back to their own country. Last i checked it was still an aspect of soverignty that a nation can remove non-citizens. I could be wrong. But i dont think i am. As for deteration of our relationship with mexico, how would sending back their citizens be a justified cause for them to be upset with the US? As for the rest of the world, well they are right now having their own immigration problems.
As for amnesty, well a partial amnesty would be a viable answer providing there was some real effort made to stop the flood. I still think the best way to stop the flood is go after the employers big time. No job, no reason to stay.
 sorot
Msg: 185
Posted: 12/19/2008 3:09:05 PM
As for deteration of our relationship with mexico, how would sending back their citizens be a justified cause for them to be upset with the US? As for the rest of the world, well they are right now having their own immigration problems.
========================
" In September 2007, Mexican President Calderón harshly criticized the United States government for the crackdown on illegal immigrants, saying it has led to the persecution of immigrant workers without visas. “I have said that Mexico does not stop at its border, that wherever there is a Mexican, there is Mexico,” he said.[61]

------- The source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration

Looks like you - Americans put these Mexicans on your head. Instead of them saying thank you now they are demanding things and inclining ideas.

My comment - the situation has gone so much out of control that now they are thinking that even though there is actual status given however they have all the reasons to think that have a de facto status, since they are here long time, their children are already citizens, many of them have worked hard and did their part of economic growth and they claim these are jobs Americans won't do.
Buy the way, on the link above you can see that many countries have immigration problems, but none of them deports people who have been there for 20 years and have 2 or children who are already citizens.

To comment Angel's post - No matter what "herioc" working example me and you bring about immigrants, about how great they can work for how cheap - the fact stays a fact - they cost lots of money on taxpayers, and are the major contributor of crimes. If there were no illegal immigration, things would have been far better in the USA.

Illegal immigrants are pulling down economically the rest of citizens with the by lowering their standard of living, quality of life and recently creating additional competition on the job market when unemployment is high, is rising and is expected to go up more.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2008 4:29:14 PM
I think to take what Sorot said in the above post futher, while adding even more of a revelation to your question DP, is this:

The reason Mexico would be upset with America for sending back illegals is easy. They can't afford them either, and it's easier to make America look like an uncaring society than it is to tell the truth. If we put their own burden back on them, we are the bad guy.

As for amnesty, well a partial amnesty would be a viable answer providing there was some real effort made to stop the flood. I still think the best way to stop the flood is go after the employers big time. No job, no reason to stay.

I don't think given the direction our country is heading, any amnesty is good thing at this time. In my area, thousands were given pink slips, many auto industry workers are losing their jobs on Dec. 23rd. As I've said before, if everything were A-OK in this country economically, then fine. But it isn't and it's going to get worse. See the thread about the country heading for a depression. If that happens, how can we justify giving amnesty to illegals when we can't provide jobs for our own? And while I've debated with many others on this very topic, I don't think going after the employers will get rid of them all. Just the honest ones who really did come here with no other intention except to provide for their families. Those into criminal activity will continue to stay and be a source of problems. And they are the one's who need deportation the quickest.
 angelsands
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2008 4:44:40 PM
WOOOOOWWWW...!! Uhh.. I will have to admit that I never thought I would agree with You Mr. Ready... Even though partially. The problem is that the ones getting deported... are the ones that HELP and try to contribute... meanwhile the "criminals" are roaming free and some of them even have PRIVATE JETS...!!! Have You ever heard of WALL-STREET...??? What about CONGRESS..?? OHH.. I almost forgot... THE WHITE HOUSE...!!!
 sorot
Msg: 188
Posted: 12/19/2008 9:38:54 PM
If that happens, how can we justify giving amnesty to illegals when we can't provide jobs for our own?
=====================
Partial amnesty to those who are here for long time, have children who are citizens simply bcs if this portion of illegals start being deported in a MASSIVE scale then it will create internal and external huge problems. ALONG WITH THIS start aggressive deportation proceedings to the OTHER portion of illegals who have recently entered the country illegally, who have a shaky background without children and if in addition to this do not have marketable skills, and in addition being involved in shaky activities. There is a huge number of these people and I think respective governmental organization either have this information or are able to obtain. Actually, not only governmental organizations. In this country all of us and even those who are illegally have so much information about themselves which is available if government wants to obtain.

In that case it will be supported by public and won't create lots of negative reaction among countries where these people are being sent back.

As to fining and imprisoning the employers, it may help too, but will create extra negative internal reaction and I don't think it is that effective. If this start happening in a massive scale many organizations will start forming some type of lobbying and possibly initiating lawsuits.

Otherwise, I can't see how CLEAN UP in the USA society can happen in these difficult times without causing even worse problems.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2008 9:54:38 PM

meanwhile the "criminals" are roaming free and some of them even have PRIVATE JETS...!!! Have You ever heard of WALL-STREET...??? What about CONGRESS..?? OHH.. I almost forgot... THE WHITE HOUSE...!!!

Hey, now......

The only place we can deport the Wall Street, Congress and White House guys to is San Quentin. But first you gotta find something that they are guilty of and will stick, and until then they ARE at the very least legal citizens.

Now these other cats we're discussin'.........they are criminals first, anything else second. Big difference there. We got something that will stick on those guys, now we just gotta convince those "criminals" (your definition not mine) in Congress and the White House to do something about 'em.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2008 2:23:17 AM
Now Ahh-nuld says Cali-fornia is gonna be brohke eff they don't come hup with 42 billion in da next two months.

Is this haven of illegals the next big Government bailout?

I think this is where the showdown could begin and make a big impact if someone has the 'nads to stand up and fight for it. Give the bailout if they take a percentage and start the mass (M)exodus runnin' toward the border! Set up one way tickets for those who need them and those who have vehicles "pack our sh!t & start yer engines"! It would send the right message since those bozos in congress seem to think they deserve some kind of raise for the piss-poor job they do and actually earn a bit of it by overseeing something meaningful for the first time in a long time. Show this country that it can actually do something to save a bit of the tax money they seem to want to give to everyone but those who earn it.

But, nah, that would be too easy. They'll probably just hand it to them without any stipulation and we can watch the Mexican GNP increase again as we watch our unemployment numbers do the same. Why am I so quickly becoming very disillusioned with my country?
 ManeRider
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2008 8:24:03 AM

I don't think given the direction our country is heading, any amnesty is good thing at this time. In my area, thousands were given pink slips, many auto industry workers are losing their jobs on Dec. 23rd. As I've said before, if everything were A-OK in this country economically, then fine. But it isn't and it's going to get worse.
No, it's obviously not A-OK here in the good ole US of A. We still haven't found a bottom in this downward economic spiral. Quite frankly, if I were here illegally, I'd be making plans to exit stage south....cuz things are going to get worse. We may see at least another 150 days (5 mos) of continued layoffs and business closings, home foreclosures, etc. Bank institutions have taken billions in bailout moneys and yet refuse to disclose where or how the money is being spent. Wall Street is in bed with the higher escelon of government and they're getting whatever they can while the gettin's good.

In a nutshell, there is no accountability in America. (Just look at Maddof)

But write a bad check and see how accountable you will have to be.

Why am I so quickly becoming very disillusioned with my country?

Ready, this may be where our opinions depart. As I see it, illegal immigration didn't start just yesterday, but in the past 8 yrs, things have drastically changed. 8 yrs ago, illegals were here but it's quite possible they've doubled in numbers in that time. After 9/11, it would have seemed ever so apparent that we needed to stem the flow coming across our southern border, not to mention other areas of the pacific northwest. Yet, these issues have all but been ignored. Up until a week or so of the financial meltdown, Bush (and McCain, I might add) continued telling the American people our economy was strong, while Obama had long since warned of catastrophic failure if things continued on the same path. So finally, after a couple million homes had been foreclosed on, and unemployment started rising exponentially, Bush finally admits (a year after anlayst had concluded we were already in a recession) that we were in a recession. For many, who take his word as the nectar of survival, they refused to see our economic woes until he made such statements publicly. It's as if they could not see with their own eyes, that they couldn't think outside the box (brainwashing) long enough to see they were covering things up, until it's much too late. And I think the problem with illegal immigration is parallel to this-that the situation grew much dire before it would ever be recognized publicly. Bush waited to admit the economic failure until it could not be held back any longer, and I feel they already know how pitiful the situation is concerning illegal immigration, but because other issues have now surfaced, it's too easy to ignore the basic facts, that the illegal conundrum is as much a part of our economic woes as the Wall Street money grab is. As you clearly point out, AHnold is beggin for a bailout.... but what if SF & LA were no longer a sanctuary for illegals.... these illegals are clearly a financial burden on that states economy. Yet no ones got the khahunas to admit it. So, in terms of accountability for bailout money, wouldn't you think AHnold should stem the tide by making sure their bailout money goes towards insuring bona-fide Americans will receive the benefits - by clearing out all those with illegal status? That goes for any state who's filing bankruptcy or has a hand out for bailout monies.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2008 10:41:43 AM

So, in terms of accountability for bailout money, wouldn't you think AHnold should stem the tide by making sure their bailout money goes towards insuring bona-fide Americans will receive the benefits - by clearing out all those with illegal status? That goes for any state who's filing bankruptcy or has a hand out for bailout monies.

Absolutely, 100% agree. I thought I made that point clear before the government gives them a peso, we should get some kind of insurance it goes to help Americans. Legal Americans. If I implied anything other than that, it was not my intent. And if you think I hold Bush/repubs any less accountable for this economic mess (including illegal immigration) than anyone else, that wasn't the intent either. My statement about becoming disillusioned was because I somehow know in my heart that California WILL get that bailout money without stipulation, and things will continue on status quo. And that, for lack of a more fitting term, sucks.
 sorot
Msg: 193
Posted: 12/23/2008 6:03:48 PM
CATS PRIORITY NUMERO UNO

The Mara Salvatrucha gang originated in Los Angeles, set up in 1980s by Salvadoran immigrants in the city's Pico-Union neighborhood.[4] There is some dispute about the etymology of the name (see below:

The Los Angeles Times contends that deportation policies have contributed to the size and influence of the gang both in the United States and in Central America.[6] Salvadoran authorities report that approximately 60% of prison inmates serving prison terms for gang-related crimes there have either fled prosecution or have been deported from the United States.

Illegal immigration and human smuggling

According to The Washington Times, MS-13 "is thought to have established a major smuggling center" in Mexico.[15] There were reports that MS-13 members were ordered to Arizona to target border guards and Minuteman Project volunteers.[16][17]

In 2005, Honduran Security Minister Oscar Alvarez and the President of El Salvador raised alarm by claiming that Al-Qaeda was meeting with MS-13 and other Central American gangs to help them infiltrate the United States. FBI agents said that the U.S. intelligence community and governments of several Central American countries found there is no basis to believe that MS-13 is connected to Al-Qaeda or other Islamic radicals, although Oscar did visit Central America to discuss the issue.[18]

CATS PRIORITY NUMERO DOS

Those in more or less extent related with illegal activities such as even though they still can go and do some work for cash here and there, but won't mind making money on selling illegal drug, human trafficking, extortion, fraud, including credit card fraud etc. These are types of the guys who sit in front of Home Depot for work, but when someone comes, picks them up to do some work in their house, they won't miss the chance to also steal something from the house too.

CATS PRIORITY NUMERO TRES

VERY LOW NUMBER. I mean BSer is a BSer, even if they are honest guys, but still won't miss the chance to steal tools, or materials. But mostly these are the hard working cats who want to mainly work, are looking for work and will only steal, start selling illegal drugs etc, only if they are starving.

ADIOS AMIGOS AKA GET YOU ASSES O U T SINCE IT'S JUST MATTER OF TIME THEY WILL BE TAKEN OUT. ENOUGH OF THIS BS.
 cpfstock
Msg: 194
Posted: 12/24/2008 1:09:43 AM
Actually erik
Like destroying the medicare system and helping big pharma.
Like passing Energy legislation written by Energy lobbyists.
Like eliminating taxes on multi-million dollar estates

all these are more important than the immigration issue. But here is one simple idea to help curb illegal immigration. Take for instance a city like San Fancisco, which has a stated policy of NOT enforcing immigration laws an d refusing to cooperate with federal law enforcment in these matters. Fine. Now just cut off all federal money to the city and any governmental body within the city like the school district. You want to do your own thing, pay for it.
 sorot
Msg: 195
Posted: 12/24/2008 12:27:03 PM
Actually erik
Like destroying the medicare system and helping big pharma.
Like passing Energy legislation written by Energy lobbyists.
Like eliminating taxes on multi-million dollar estates

all these are more important than the immigration issue.

THANKS FOR THE GOOD AFTERNOON LOUGH
 dmotz
Msg: 196
Posted: 12/25/2008 2:14:51 PM
Why not pull our troops out of the middle east...with all the money we can save...build a electrified wall along the ENTIRE border...man it with our soldiers...spend a few million and find every illegal and ship them home...regardless of what country they come from.
Stop all foreign aid to Mexico...and every other country...they will soon see the US has been good to them...the crying will end when the other nations have to toughen up or sink.
We have enough oil..reserves...farms and other resources to cut ourselves off from the world...I say do it...then those who hate the US...you know...the ones we send BILLIONS to every year..will sink on their own. We can produce everything the American citizen could want or need right here...Piss on the rest of the world..take care of ourselves...
 frankster_p
Msg: 197
Posted: 12/26/2008 8:33:02 AM
You do have allies you know.
Even if Allies dont always agree on things.
 sd_matt
Msg: 198
Posted: 3/5/2009 7:22:27 PM
Jiperly and some others

Would you do for another country what it wouldnt do for you? Whether or not that country was rich or poor? If so then your definition of equality is arbitrary.

If you feel that we should solve Mexicos problems ( taking in her poor ) rather than helping her solve her own then you enjoy playing big brother. Is big brother part of your definition of equality?

For the rest of the bloggers, the solution.
1)Vote third party and send both dems and reps out of office. They have BOTH sold us out to the illegals. One for
business and the other to get voters. If the third party doesnt answer your demands then vote them out too. Communicate to them why you voted third party. You cannot reward failure with job security and expect different results. This is long term.
2) If Mexico goes to civil war then be ready to pick a side. Get it over with quickly. Be ready to invade Mexico if both sides are bad. Don't settle for the lesser of two evils. This is a Cold War mistake that we repeated many times.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2009 8:21:05 PM

spend a few million and find every illegal and ship them home
Do the math:
12 million illegals in the US.
The cost of identifying them, apprehending them, arresting them, prosecuting them, housing them until transport is available to ship them home, will easily exceed $5,000 each.
That's $60 BILLION, minimum.
Your share of that cost is how much?
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2009 10:26:26 PM

Do the math:
12 million illegals in the US.
The cost of identifying them, apprehending them, arresting them, prosecuting them, housing them until transport is available to ship them home, will easily exceed $5,000 each.
That's $60 BILLION, minimum.
Your share of that cost is how much?

I bet that 60 billion would actually create some jobs as opposed to this 700 and "whatever it is today" billion dollar bailout we are stuck with to create around 2 million jobs. So figuring there are 300 million people in the country, and probably 150 million of those people actually pay any taxes--what, 400 bucks or so? To create possibly 10 million or more jobs?

Sounds like a bargain!!! I'll ante mine up tomorrow if it will get the ball rollin'.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Solutions to illegal immigration?