Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Solutions to illegal immigration?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EarlzP
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Solutions to illegal immigration?Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Without a doubt having 12 million illegal’s working in our country is a problem to really gauge the depth of the problem you have to know what they are doing and how much they are being paid to do it. If many of them are working at an hourly rate that is below minimum wage then hiring American workers to fill the void and paying them minimum wage will increase the bottom line on products and will that effect the most? Those that can afford the increase in life essential goods and services the least.

Their has to be an answer that will put Americans into these vacated jobs and make it so that their employers don't want to hire the illegal’s
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Solutions to illegal immigration?
Posted: 3/6/2009 6:31:41 AM
The solution has to be pragmatic, because "just ship them all back" simply isn't practical or realistic or economically possible. It has emotional appeal (that I sympathize with, but hey-), and that's it- it won't work and it isn't going to happen.

I favor a program that would allow illegal residents who have never committed a violent crime to
1.) surrender to INS
2.) pay a fine
3.) serve a term of probation for entering illegally (12-60 months, paying a monthly probation fee)
4.) purchase a work permit
and
5.) pay taxes.

The catch is that those who enter this program
forever waive their rights to apply for citizenship.

It isn't "amnesty" because the crime of entering the country illegally isn't forgiven; if terms of probation are violated they are subject to prison and/or deportation and/or additional fines.

It saves the taxpayers $60+ Billion dollars, because the program would be self-funding. It increases revenues because the legalized residents will pay taxes. It discourages crime and encourages lawful behavior.
 redwood34
Msg: 203
Posted: 3/7/2009 1:23:58 PM
New article having to do with Obama and illegal immigration. Seems he doesn't care too much about stopping it. I am guessing he will end up being about as effictive as Bush was on the issue(and that isn't saying much).

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090228/OPINION03/902280318/1008/OPINION01
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2009 2:50:10 PM

I am guessing he will end up being about as effictive as Bush was on the issue(and that isn't saying much).

The Stimulus had ............E-Verify........

Until the US Chamber of commerce forced it out.

The E-Verify is not open border Bush like..............
 sorot
Msg: 205
Posted: 3/7/2009 2:51:23 PM
before kicking all those who need to be taken out and keeping those who deserve to be here, they have to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

How about delegating some part of protecting the boarder to private companies?

I mean government obviously can't do it properly as pretty much almost anything they try to do and are far beyond private sector in terms of quality of service, products etc.

Every idiot crossing from Mexico to here ends up costing lots of money to taxpayers, especially when after 3-4 yrs 3-4 kids are brought here and "lined up" for welfare. They don't pay from their pocket, I pay for it by my taxes. Also, having some private security agencies protecting the boarder may even lower the cost and create more jobs which will not be junk jobs created just to keep people busy regardless it will bring any benefits or not.
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2009 2:56:24 PM

How about delegating some part of protecting the boarder to private companies?

Get real............. Backwater?

The GOP and bush starved border control.......... They monied do not care if the border is open. Meat packers ... Home builders.....

The prolem is the Illegal Employer...............
Raids have NO suits or managers in cuffs..........
 sorot
Msg: 207
Posted: 3/7/2009 3:15:11 PM

The prolem is the Illegal Employer...............
Raids have NO suits or managers in cuffs..........

We are going to "basic America Values" - first you create the problem, or do not prevent it from happening at the first place, then try to solve it.

For people not to have so many health problems first they need to keep a healthy wight which is far above the rest of the world, then combined it with many not having med insurance cost lots of money to taxpayers. For USA not having so high of a crime level, again a shirt-term solution is found as if it "saves" money which means not paying enough unemployment insurance, which obviously is the main cause of crimes. Then it results in lots of people getting behind the bars which is costing lots of money, since now they not only don't produce anything, but all those prison guards, prisons, lawyers etc need to be "financed" by taxpayers like me. This is while again, it would make perfect sense to spend some money on these people at the beginning so that they won't become desparate while losing their jobs and end up in proson.

Same with illegal immigration. If borders were protected even close to normal, or even reasonably enough, this issue won't exist pretty much similar to an issue of someone eating McDonalds all the time and complaining about his/her health.

Then why not to start to concern now. Letting everyone to come here, and then blaming employers doesn't make any sense. As long as there is a cheap supply of labor there always will be people who will hire them, and very few of them will be responsible for it. Also, employing them is not the biggest problem, but paying so much to those who grew up in an inferior country with poor education, who don't know English many times, don't want to learn, accomodate to this country, start having lots of kids and become a burden to rest of civilized people.
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2009 3:43:54 PM

Same with illegal immigration. If borders were protected even close to normal, or even reasonably enough, this issue won't exist pretty much similar to an issue of someone eating McDonalds all the time and complaining about his/her health

Why are the Drugs in a Max Security Prison so good? Demand.

Defend Swift meat because they have an employment contractor....
 sorot
Msg: 209
Posted: 3/7/2009 3:58:27 PM

Same with illegal immigration. If borders were protected even close to normal, or even reasonably enough, this issue won't exist pretty much similar to an issue of someone eating McDonalds all the time and complaining about his/her health

Why are the Drugs in a Max Security Prison so good? Demand.

Defend Swift meat because they have an employment contractor....

Any why they end up in prison at the first place? Also, what is the reason so many find such a pleasure in using drugs to "simulate happiness" which is temporary and unreal?
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2009 4:06:45 PM
I am sorry.YOU missed the point. If you think you can stop illegals when you have Swift meat ...Oakwood builders... EVERY hotel hiring .............

YOU are living a dream .
 sorot
Msg: 211
Posted: 3/7/2009 4:23:05 PM
I can't see why it will be impossible to stop them from coming here if boarder will be protected properly no matter people are ready to hire them or not. If they CANNOT COME, then they WILL NOT COME. I grew up in Soviet Union, and many if not most people there wanted to immigrate to Europe, America, Australia, Canada. But they couldn't, our country was not letting us get out, and we did not, in general I mean, some did, but if it was not controlled so much, then the result would be far different.

Also, I am an employer. Let's say a guy is coming to me and asking for work, and I am giving it to him. And let's say immigration is coming to me and telling I need to be put in jail since didn't check his docs to find out he was illegal or not. OK, then my question is: I have paid you taxes to protect the boarders so that illegals won't come here, why did you let him come at the first place, then blame me hiring him? Let's say that guy was starving, and would go sell drags or kill people unless I hired him? What is there immoral or unethical in what I did? SO, ok let's say INS is putting me in jail, I am shutting down my business for say 2 yrs and not only don't pay 100K or so a year taxes, but I myself start costing probably 50K or more to other taxpayers. Do you see any sense in here?

WE PAY TAXES, SO THAT GOVERNMENT DON'T LET PEOPLE TO COME HERE ILLEGALLY. IF THEY LET THEM COME HERE, THEN THEY SHOULD WORK ON THAT INSTEAD OF CHASING EMPLOYERS.
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2009 5:00:34 PM

WE PAY TAXES, SO THAT GOVERNMENT DON'T LET PEOPLE TO COME HERE ILLEGALLY. IF THEY LET THEM COME HERE, THEN THEY SHOULD WORK ON THAT INSTEAD OF CHASING EMPLOYERS

I like your idea..............

Maybe you have a point.

We Must stop criminal charges against drug dealers.........

Once it is here .........Stop it at the border

The Drug user should get life sentence..............Get them off the street.

The drug dealer is really a good guy just making a buck.
He really helps the local economy......... Spending money....... hiring car detailers...... gun dealers jewlery.............he really is providing a service for the good of the community.
 sorot
Msg: 213
Posted: 3/7/2009 6:02:14 PM
If there are "employers" who solicit illegal immigration, meaning bring guys from Mexico to here, or tell those whom they employ illegally to bring their relatives, etc, then they may be in some extent related to drag dealers.

I am talking about whose fault is all this mess. It is not the fault of people who hire gardeners without of course asking their social security for that, it is not the fault of those who fix their cars in a car shop "Created and owned" by an illegal, since it is an employment too.

HOW COME WHEN IT COMES ASKING TO STAY LEGAL DOING EVERYTHING AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE, EMPLOYERS ARE BEING CONDEMNED, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE GOVERNMENT WHILE THEY FEED ON OUR MONEY, THEY ARE NOT BEING PUT IN FAULT? ALL THIS NONSENSE STARTED FROM GOVERNMENT, SIMPLY BCS IT CANNOT PROTECT THE BOARDERS PROPERLY. THERE IS A BORDER BTW MEXICO AND USA, WHICH IS PATROLLED, AND AT THE SAME TIME THERE IS SO MUCH ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION LEAKAGE THROUGH IT, THAT'S NOT MY PROBLEM OR ANY OTHER EMPLOYER'S PROBLEM. I DO WHAT I DO RIGHT AND AT THE SAME TIME TAKE SOME PORTION OF WHAT I EARN AND GIVE IT TO THEM. THEN, LET THEM DO WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO RIGHT TOO, AND THERE WILL BE NO NEW PROBLEMS AND THE OLD ONES WILL BE SOLVED MORE EASY.

Drag dealing, illegal drags all that nonsense is completely another issue, though related with illegal immigration. And especially, if someone can just sell drags and make lots more profit from it without reporting, then you can clearly see that the problem is not putting as many employers in jail as possible, but not letting them come, since yes, even if they start arresting employers right and left, then if more illegals are left without work, they will start selling drags to survive, since can't feed themselves by honest work anymore.
 gizmosellschickens
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2009 4:12:10 AM
The immigration problem started before Clinton was in office or even before Truman because the american economy had low skilled jobs no one wanted in argiculture, hopstiality and such. From WW2 to 1964 they had bracerco program that regulated the flow of workers between Mexico and Untied States at the time. The program sounded good in theory but the problem was workers were being cheated out of money by the goverment of Mexico and employers. The solution to illegal immigration is got to based on compassion, yet we need more troops on the border to catch dangerous drug lords, and smugglers. Immigration reform is needed to give people who paid social secuity taxes, local, federal taxes the oppounity to become American citizens. The supply of workers America needs never meets the demand because politicans cave in natvists rather than doing that what is best for the country as a whole.
 sorot
Msg: 215
Posted: 3/15/2009 6:27:16 PM

The solution to illegal immigration is got to based on compassion, yet we need more troops on the border to catch dangerous drug lords, and smugglers. Immigration reform is needed to give people who paid social secuity taxes, local, federal taxes the oppounity to become American citizens.

I think it needs to be based on decency and common sense. It is absurd not to give green card to those who are here for already 10 yrs and didn't commit and crimes, worked hard, and even paid taxes. From my perspective it's a violation of human rights. America knew and admits that these people have lived in their country even if not completely or theoritically legally, but they are as much regular Americans "DE FACTO" as any other American. They have done their share of producing GDP and even more proved that despite so much hardships, they still kept of working hard and taking care of themselves and even paying taxes.

However, at the same time, no more nonsense immigration should exist through escaping from the border. Mexico and USA border is just a complete mess. To get someone illegally here from Mexico is NOT A PROBLEM. THIS BS MUST STOP. People think oh we all immigrants etc etc, they are poor etc, well, this is what seems on the surface, the fact is that they, these "humble, nice guys" come here and phuck all of us by sucking our blood. I am a recent immigrant myself too, but I never crossed the border illegally, never stated here without status, I didn't come USA bcs I had nothing to do back in my country. No decent, educated Mexican person comes to USA by illegally crossing the border and becomming a burden to the rest of population.
 Metreau
Msg: 216
Posted: 3/15/2009 7:01:17 PM
No decent, educated Mexican person comes to USA by illegally crossing the border and becomming a burden to the rest of population.

Sorot, though you make an absolutely good point in that entire post, I think that the sentence I quoted isn't true. From what I understand, the Mexican gov't is churning out brochures and other media eduacating Mexican citizens on how to cross the border (including which areas of the border are easiest to cross). I encourage ANYONE that thinks I'm incorrect on this to speak up.

I think we actually need to go ACROSS the border to address the problems AT the border. No, I'm not talking war, but we do need to do something (like impose trade embargos) that could persuade Mexico to get it together.

On a sidenote, the Mexican government should've taken care of their citizens in the first place. We would've never had this problem if it actually provided the proper essential services like it's supposed to. But seeing that that it's too happy to take the U.S. dollars sent across the borders (via Western Union, MoneyGram, etc.), I don't think anything is going to be done on their end.

Hopefully, Barrack will have something done on this issue instead of play the Bush/Regan card....
 sorot
Msg: 217
Posted: 3/16/2009 11:03:57 AM

the Mexican gov't is churning out brochures and other media eduacating Mexican citizens on how to cross the border (including which areas of the border are easiest to cross). I encourage ANYONE that thinks I'm incorrect on this to speak up.

American Empire is becomming in some extent similar to Roman Empire and Mexico as a prototype of Visagoths. Their presidents BSing as if USA is supposed to take care of the crap crossing the border illegally instead of apologizing that they allowed them to cross the border. It's similar when W was giving a french kiss to Arab oil billionnaires. They think like for them- top politicians no matter of what country the rest of people are nonsense, even if they are the people of their own country. Instead of Obama having a meeting with Mexican president and asking WTF he is doing, when they meet, I bet they are not even going to talk about this BS, it will affect negatively their nerve system, hypocracy and politics are just two "phenomena" living together all the time.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Solutions to illegal immigration?