Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > what constitutes a creepy guy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 x Tyler Durden x
Msg: 26
what constitutes a creepy guy?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
^^ well, do you?
 Sardonis
Msg: 27
what constitutes a creepy guy?
Posted: 7/1/2008 8:46:38 AM
It is probably safe to assume that for every guy, there is some girl out there who considered him creepy.
 cb994266
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/1/2008 10:52:34 AM

I would never classify a person who was sexually perverted as creepy...just...perverted, or different. LOL (OK...unless their perversion had to do with children or something...then he is a creepy, sick fvck!) Most pervs, rock!

The children thing was what I was thinking about when I wrote that. It also applies to animals, the elderly, young women who are just past the legal definition of being children, etc.
 Khamya
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 11:29:25 AM
Don't forget the perversions that are actually dangerous: the BTK killer got off sexually from what he was doing. Real sadism, not bondage-for-fun with safe words etc, but getting sexually aroused from torture and pain is really creepy.
 sweetjemgirl
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 11:53:37 AM
So many have already hit on the highlights, I have found these to be the creepiest:

First time emails with any sexual innuendo - especially given I have no public photo posted for this reason.

Following you (as soon as you are online they try to im you, multiple emails w/o allowing you to even answer the first one, when this happens I just delete them all).

Having no forum interest before, then all of a sudden they are there right after you, with things like "So what are you up to" or " mmmmmmmmm nipples are nice". Yes this has happened.

Saying "I love you" or "I miss you" before we even meet. Saying I love talking to you, I missed chatting last night is not the same thing.

Defintely sending the nude picts.

Repeatedly adding you to favorites after being removed numerous times. Is this mainly to know when you are online?
 EnragedHamster
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/1/2008 12:37:23 PM
Guys can be creepy in a number of ways. Some guys just give you a slimy feeling when they so much as look or smile at you. Others are creepy by the questions they ask (Some are more subtle than others ). Other creepy guys can be considered so by the way they pursue a woman. No one wants a stalker or an obsessed fan boy. Men need confidence.
 girlwillbegirl
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/1/2008 1:03:13 PM
One woman's creep is another woman's adonis.
Msg: 33
"creepy"
Posted: 7/1/2008 1:08:56 PM
Well, I agree with the "pervert is creepy" idea, but "pervert" is different for everybody. One man's psychotic, dangerous kink is another man's regular Thursday night. As mentioned before, the guy's first contact being a request for a sex act is normally considered creepy. For some women this is a step in the right direction and not beating around the bush. Kink/Thursday all depend on the person.

I do know some women who think "creepy" guys are the guys who have the brass balls to speak to women without being the women's ideal Adonis. I don't want a guy who jacks off on my car every night, because that isn't a turn on for me in the morning....But, that's a different thread.

So, down to the meat of creepy: Stalker potential.
Not, "OMG! I have a stalker, he checks my myspace every day!!!"
I mean the REAL stalker who puts your life in danger. When you first meet someone they aren't a stalker, but you can see certain things that might make them a stalker....like a woman saying she wouldn't let her man go to Hooters. That's the type of woman who might follow you to your sister's birthday party to make sure you don't talk to anyone there but your mom and sister and if you do, she boils your rabbit, waits until you fall asleep and cuts off your testicles for "cheating."
So, you see some red flags and it is creepy. Once he starts in on the stalking he's no longer creepy, but scarey.
 AlexisTaylor
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/1/2008 3:27:19 PM
Someone who treats you way too intimately for how well you know each other.

Someone who tends to hover over you in that vulture way.

Someone who says things like, "I'll be looking for you around town," or, "I have access to county records and saw your license plate number..."

Someone who does that slow walk while staring at you...looks like how a tiger looks before he's going to eat you.

Someone who licks their lips and you when it's not already a long-standing joke between you.

There are many multi-faceted ways to be creepy.
 PretaPorter
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 4:11:37 PM
Someone who uses prostitutes between/during relationships (and wants to talk about it)

Someone who admits to have ongoing incestuous relationships with several members of his family of both sexes

Someone who has had a lifetime of psycho-therapy and has to inject themselves if they want an erection

Someone who starts off calling you 'Darling' and ends up shouting 'B*tch!' within a five minute conversation

Someone who thinks that all the girls fancy him but just aren't brave enough to tell him about it

Someone who appears to be w*nking during a normal telephone conversation

Someone who wants you to meet them, but you have to wear a see-thru blouse and be prepared to flirt with total strangers in order to 'turn him on'

Yep - I met Mr Nice Guy - all this in one person! Well it was an interesting telephone conversation anyway!
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:47:44 PM
Anyone who is socially inept, not comfortable with their own desires, and/or displays obssessive behavior. Nearly always lacking confidence.

Lack of confidence is a breeding ground for creepiness.

A confident pushy guy will just seem like a jerk.

A non-confident pushy guy will appear slimy.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:50:03 PM
I haven't met any "creepy" men on here. lol However, in real life there have been some people that I have come across and did seem creepishhhhhhhhh....i.e. the way they look at you, they seem to pop up when you least expect or their overall aura.......scary-like........

The_garbageguy
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/1/2008 6:47:01 PM

I think a customer at my work is a creep. because he calls daily and has asked me out on numerous occassions. Hes in his late fortys, and everytime i see him he just stares at me. staring and looking are two very different things

I guess I'm creepy then. I loves to stare at the young hotties. I doesn't bother to ask 'em out nomore. Just stare and drool. I think drooling is creepy to. Especially if it gets on her chest. Stop wearin' those low cut things!
 troy_boy
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/1/2008 7:03:16 PM
Creepy is when you open your IM window and their is some old guy jackin' off on his webcam!

Ew - Def Creepy

\
---- you chicks dont dig that? i thought it was just my hair
 The_garbageguy
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/1/2008 7:08:07 PM
(Creepy is when you open your IM window and their is some old guy jackin' off on his webcam!)

More than a bit past creepy. More towards the perverse side of the scale. Does it ever work though? I wonder.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 7:16:00 PM
~OT~ Creepy can mean a few things for me. Usually a bizarre/weird/off the wall email. I don't think I've ever been creeped-out just by viewing a picture or two, for me it's usually what they type. Then you have stalker-type-creepy ~ you are nice, but to the point of "I don't meet/date" (or whatever) and they just keep at it to the point of silliness/desperation. That's a little creepy. In the real world, creepy to me is definitely strange eyes. Mean eyes ~ unblinking eyes ~ roving over you like you are nakie eyes ~ ewwwww. For me personally, these things don't happen often, but when they do, instant: ick. JMO
 _Red_
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/1/2008 7:51:10 PM
Creepy can be alot of different things, usually a combination of a few. Could be looks, personality, the way he acts; just things that in general give you a very uncomfortable feeling being anywhere near him.
 Serendipity_76
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/1/2008 8:05:43 PM
it's guys who look at you wanting to f*ck your brains out... girls can sense when guys are thinking things like that... if the girl is interested in the guy, it's sexy... but if the girl isn't interested, it's creepy!
 sweetjemgirl
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 8:07:46 PM
Seriously, though, what is 'desperation/needy/clingy?' It seems like any guy is a creep or can go into the 'creep' zone? It's getting ridiculous.

I can imagine it might sound this way but that desperation/needy/clingy creepy thing is about a guy who just seems to make you feel like you can't breathe even if he is just on the im. In real life it's just something about how they look at you that makes you feel dirty, like you need to put a blanket around you and run home and shower regardless of what your wearing. Eyes really do tell alot and creepy guys have seriously creepy eyes.

Here online however there is another kind of creepy. It's the behavior, the shadowing you stuff. No I don't feel in danger, just seriously annoyed and a little eeehyuck. They start by being fairly nice sometimes, not always. But for me, when I don't seem to respond as strongly they get more persistent, which pushes me back even more. I have had someone send me up to 6 emails in one day w/o ever getting a reply to the first one as I wasn't online. Six in one day from one guy I haven't ever contacted tells me right there - no way. Delete/ignore. Block if necessary.

I also think that how a woman see's the level of creepiness will also be somewhat defined by her own past experiences. Has she had more then a few stalkers? Well she will be more apprehensive and quicker to get creeped out. Has she been sent alot of cam perv shots - ok I think majority of women will be creeped out at this regardless, especially if it's from someone they don't know well. See what I mean? Some women aren't creeped out by anyone - some are the ones who creep men out.

I have rarely been creeped out by men. I mean really creeped as in oh heck no. I think men are awesome in many forms/shapes/personalities. But there are those few that make me turn quick.
 angelaisthecoolest
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 8:14:31 PM

Seriously, though, what is 'desperation/needy/clingy?' It seems like any guy is a creep or can go into the 'creep' zone? It's getting ridiculous.

Of course any man can go into creep zone just like any woman can go into evil psycho hell **** mode in the eyes of any man...

Desperation/needy/clingy means that someone doesn't want you to talk to any man, even if you have known said man for fifteen years, are best friends, and you love him like a brother, but him... It means that he calls you seven times a day just to ask "What are you doing?" and he gets really bent out of shape if you don't tell him exactly that, who you are with, and when you'll be done... It means that he's telling you that he loves you so much and needs you and would die without you after you've known each other for four days... It means that if you don't jump to his every demand and aren't at his beck and call at a moment's notice you are a two timing whore and he'll be right over to kick the imaginary man's ass that you are naturally with because you have other plans that have nothing to do with him...

I could go on and on... Get it now?
 VVendy
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/1/2008 8:25:17 PM
Creepy is anything that gives you the creeps. Some guys are nice looking but you just get a feeling. If you ever watched a movie and heard the something going to happen now and it is going to be bad music you know what the creeps are. It is your body saying this is bad or can become bad at any time.
 IQF
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/1/2008 9:25:50 PM
(IANAW disclaimer applies)

Creepy happens when something isn't quite right with the channels of communication - there's an inconsistency or lack of depth in the messages being sent that make you question the motives of the "creep", in a bad way. So... if his words seem like normal chitchat, but his body language is erratic and forced, he'll seem creepy. If a guy makes eye contact, smiles, and walks over for a chitchat, that's [usually] not creepy (it may be unwelcome, but not creepy). OTOH, if he makes eye contact, doesn't smile, and just holds it for a long time, that's creepy because it says "I'm interested in you", but doesn't communicate why. (Murder perhaps?)
 ~Myth~
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/1/2008 10:56:05 PM
per Dictionary.com
–adjective, creep·i·er, creep·i·est.
1. having or causing a creeping sensation of the skin, as from horror or fear: a creepy ghost story.
2. that creeps: a creepy insect.
3. Slang. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a person who is a creep; obnoxious; weird.

------------------------------
Per "American Heritage Dictionary"
– Informal - adj. creep·i·er, creep·i·est
1. Of or producing a sensation of uneasiness or fear, as of things crawling on one's skin: a creepy feeling; a creepy story.
2. Annoyingly unpleasant; repulsive: the creepy kids next door.

-------------------------------
Per "WordNet"
– adjective
1. annoying and unpleasant; "some creepy kids were bothering her"
2. causing a sensation as of things crawling on your skin; "a creepy story"; "I had a creepy-crawly feeling"

=============================
Dictionary . . . . one's best friend!

Neeeeeeeeeeeeext word!

~Myth~
 Kindredspirit07
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/1/2008 11:19:04 PM
A guy that talks to your breasts! A guy that is obsessed with and talks about sex right away, asking you all sorts of personal questions. Do you shave or trim? Poor hygiene and looks like he just came out of a penitentiary. Little or no eye contact.
 sweetjemgirl
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2008 11:54:52 PM
per Dictionary.com
–adjective, creep·i·er, creep·i·est.
1. having or causing a creeping sensation of the skin, as from horror or fear: a creepy ghost story.
2. that creeps: a creepy insect.
3. Slang. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a person who is a creep; obnoxious; weird.

------------------------------
Per "American Heritage Dictionary"
– Informal - adj. creep·i·er, creep·i·est
1. Of or producing a sensation of uneasiness or fear, as of things crawling on one's skin: a creepy feeling; a creepy story.
2. Annoyingly unpleasant; repulsive: the creepy kids next door.

-------------------------------
Per "WordNet"
– adjective
1. annoying and unpleasant; "some creepy kids were bothering her"
2. causing a sensation as of things crawling on your skin; "a creepy story"; "I had a creepy-crawly feeling"

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Myth - Thankyou. Makes your skin crawl, like a creepy insect.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > what constitutes a creepy guy?