Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do men like it when women contact them first?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OpenWaterCaptn
Msg: 626
Do men like it when women contact them first?Page 26 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
very well said wolf, as the opener in my profile says im not a hoop jumping dachsund, dont expect me to fulfill your unsaid expectations and entertain you. we are here to find our zenmate, who we are at peace with because 2 people cannot bring that peace as individuals, its against nature. if you see someone you like GO FOR THEM
 my64bit
Msg: 627
view profile
History
Do men like it when women contact them first?
Posted: 5/12/2009 2:46:54 AM
It makes no difference to me, we are all on here to meet people. Your either going to like what you see & read, or your not. But if you don't hit up the ones you like, you will never know what the responce in return will be. Personaly, I do not often make contact, I work all week, I am gone allot on the weekends spending my time in the real world, I do not spend allot of time here. I will say that when I have made first contact, the responce rate on this site is probably less than 50%, thats ok though. I would rather if someone is not interested that they either just so no thanks, or not reply at all. There is nothing worse than getting hate mail from someone you have never met because you responded to the add they posted wanting to meet people. Dating is tough enough, internet dating is even tougher. Keep it simple, be real.
Msg: 628
Posted: 5/22/2009 9:19:31 PM
please by all means....you will save me hours of profile screening and literally guessing who to email if you just message ME.
 Connor-19
Msg: 629
Posted: 5/22/2009 9:32:33 PM
This is an internet dating site.

Maybe you shouldn't do it in real life but this is a freaking dating site.

If you want to meet someone contact him. If he doesn't respond you move on.

What's the number anyways? 5:1 guys to girls? Girls you have a much better chance of finding someone you like by messaging than just sitting back. This way you're mailing someone YOU think is interesting. I hear some girls will get 5-10 emails in the first day from random guys, and most of them are older.

I know one girl I talked to said she gets a lot of emails from really old 50+ guys.

You might as well suck it up even if you think it's wrong. This is the internet. IRL rules need not apply.
 Krebby2001
Msg: 630
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2009 7:36:15 PM
Very interesting question! I am fairly new here. Posted without a photo and then with a photo, which led to several e-mails. Nowadays, and especially for the over-40 crowd, old fashioned rules of men making the first contact are passe. Men appreciate some who are honest enough to let men know that they are interested in them, period. Im new here, so I have not gone on a first date, but to be perfectly honest, with those women that I am in contact with to go on a first date, I can't honestly recall, or care, about who made first contact. Results are what counts, not how you got there.
 vaygo
Msg: 631
Posted: 5/25/2009 2:44:09 AM
What a stupid question. Just get on with your life we are all different if , we all react differentley in diferent situations. With an iteraction of two people there are so many variables. I personaly at the moment be flatterd and go along, asuming I am attracted to her, Yet on an other day I may not. Get a life you have nothing to loose.

Alan
 LakeCountyGal
Msg: 632
Posted: 5/25/2009 12:21:08 PM
If I could find a guy my age, who lives closer to me, who doesn't need marriage and kids to be in a committed relationship, I would contact more men. But sadly, most men in my age bracket have their own biological clocks so there simply isn't as big a pool of men for me to contact.

I do try though.
 kernowcactus
Msg: 633
Posted: 5/25/2009 3:42:34 PM
I've only sent 4 or 5 messages since joining last year.
The first I felt compelled to reading the profile, and it did lead to a short relationship.
Sine then they've simply gone unanswered or not bothered replying after the obligatory "being nice and replying" reply. ( too many replies in that sentence alone )

It's more a case now of not wanting to be rejected again.
I don't just randomly message away because a girl viewed me, or I liked their picture or I think I'll just try my luck and message 10 at once with a universal chat up line. Thats like wandering around a bar and hitting on every girl in descending order till one says yes, and I've never done that either.

I like it when a girl messages me, because at least I know she's shown an interest in me and I know where I stand.
I know it'll lower the chances of me finding the one, but it does mean when I do message, I've put some thought in to it.
 AdvanceMan
Msg: 634
Posted: 5/25/2009 4:35:06 PM
In my experience I usually get contacted first. I'm not waiting, it just works out that way.
 whytwater
Msg: 635
Posted: 5/25/2009 4:35:07 PM

please by all means....you will save me hours of profile screening and literally guessing who to email if you just message ME.

I completely agree. Hell, if you see me on the street, approach from the rear and goose me, I will still smile, probably more broadly than at a pof message, and greet you sincerely and warmly.
For those ladies who are hesitant to reverse the gender roles in this minute way, well, if your thinking is that high and tight, I'm probably not goin' get my bat on that pitch anyway, so do what you think is right, when you feel the energy is right. The only good conversations I have had on here, or had the opportunity to have, have been with women who initiated contact with me.
 Lone_Stranger
Msg: 636
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 8:45:36 PM
I would prefer to be contacted first because I am afraid of women. One got loose and bit me

Yea, I can see your point.........lol

I also prefer the woman to contact me, especially if she read my profile first.........but for an entirely different reason......lol.
 Richy Rich0809
Msg: 637
Posted: 5/26/2009 7:51:44 AM
i would like to know why that is ?? i have taken the time to look and read some woman's profile i took the time to write the email and then i see the woman has taken the time to read it but never an answer even if you ladies were to just write a little note that says SORRY NOT INTERESTED for the email or even BEAT IT BUDDY would work for me but i find it rude to not answer!!! don't forget chivelry works both ways our society is loosing moral fiber
 niceguy53
Msg: 638
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2009 12:37:51 PM
HELL YEA GIVE ME A SHOUT
 Zostera
Msg: 639
Posted: 7/21/2009 7:44:18 PM
I like women who are thoughtful, kind, and assertive - those are qualities of a well-rounded person.
 jeepwmn
Msg: 640
Posted: 9/24/2009 1:12:46 AM
I completely agree with what you said about the "a man I met who told me he never writes to someone first cause women who write are so much easier to get in bed, they are showing they are more desperate". I joined match.com for a little while, had an awkward date with someone 6 years older than me. Guess I was feeling sick/bad . .I'm not sure. .either way, I should have rescheduled it. Anyways, we had the awkward date, and then never heard from him. Well, he started contacting me online, just to talk online, and kept asking things like how long it had been since I was intimate with someone, that I should come over to his house for one thing. And yes, I contacted him first. Maybe that's why I don't contact men any longer. The other one I met on this website didn't go so well, either. His idea of a date was complaining about his job, and telling me about the dates he went on before me. He must have thought we had a great time (don't know how he got that idea), because he couldn't understand why I didn't want to go with him and his buddy to a bar a couple of days later.
 Chuck65201
Msg: 641
Posted: 9/24/2009 2:13:54 AM
I do not mind at all but when they do contact me or we are in constant contact at least keep the contact going on their own initiative.

Most guys do not like having to keep the contact going all of the time.

I guess women do not realize that guys are on the go alot just like they are too.
 kow626
Msg: 642
Posted: 2/28/2010 1:09:17 PM
i was updating my profile and it dawned on me that every single 1st contact email i've ever sent since i've been on this site has never landed me a date. it never goes past a second email, if that. yet when females contact me first, i get a date about 50% of the time. that's why it's extremely rare now for me to contact anyone first. the numbers speak for themselves. when i do contact someone these days, it's only because i feel there may be something there on a level beyond just looks. of course, that's not for me to decide if things go any further.

so yes, i like it when women contact me first. otherwise my success rate on this site would be below freezing. i don't mind an assertive woman. i find it more attractive actually. the flip side is that some of the women who've contacted me were really just wanting sex all along. that's right, i can confirm that some chicks are in it for the same reasons as some men. after finding out her true intentions or if i determine she's not dateable or not a match, if she's worth the hit, i'll hit it. they don't complain, neither do i.

i live in a populated metro area so i guess that contributes to my being contacted 1st among other variables. i've learned that the way to know if someone is truly into you is when you don't feel like you're putting in too much or all of the effort. you'll WANT to talk to and be around her and vice versa. it'll be welcome and mutual. those profiles that don't say much or short emails that say practically nothing or don't show any true interest in you cuz they're not asking you about yourself, in most cases you already know what you're getting there.

if you question why anyone is emailing you first (unless it's an obviously fake profile), then something's wrong with you, not them. i lean towards that side of the fence where i appreciate someone showing interest in me, not that other side where a person gets defensive about it.
 rocking ritschel
Msg: 643
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2010 9:09:27 AM
hell yeah I wish more would contact me,I think when a woman pursues a man thats very attractive an sensual to me.I can go after the gals myself but I think its sweet when they come after me too.
 itsmeaaron
Msg: 644
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2010 9:38:25 AM
yes, we do, especially us shy ones, i'm not saying i never make the first move, but i've been shy and had trouble talking to women for a long time.
 yonomas
Msg: 645
Posted: 3/2/2010 2:59:25 PM
I think we do. I have a cousin who always gives women his number instead of asking for theirs. I find it sort of forward to do so, but it works for him. The guy doesn't work, doesn't have a car, isn't exactly physically fit, and yet, he gets more action than I do, so I guess there is something to getting the woman to contact you first.
 Exquisite Woman
Msg: 646
Posted: 3/3/2010 1:56:42 PM
i will contact a man that i have interest in...but so far there hasn't been one yet that i've found is interesting to me...
 Singleinlewistonidaho
Msg: 647
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2010 4:12:18 PM
Contact the guy! He might not have seen you otherwise.

Mike
 Strings6
Msg: 648
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2010 5:13:58 PM
I "like" it when a woman i'm interested in contacts me with a picture...no need to go there or explain further.
 Got Trance
Msg: 649
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2010 5:17:00 PM
Yes. Well, I do.
 Palifornia562
Msg: 650
Posted: 3/3/2010 9:20:12 PM
Only if she looks good
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do men like it when women contact them first?