Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do men like it when women contact them first?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 candylily765
Msg: 76
Do men like it when women contact them first?Page 4 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
When I first tried online dating, I was on a free site that had winks. I never hesitated to send a wink if I felt like it and I met a couple great guys by doing that. It wasn't a big deal and it was fast and easy. It left it up to the guy to respond with a message and it didn't have the effect of being a role reversal. On the other hand, I've sent very few initial emails to guys and of the few I've sent, there may have been a little online flirtation for a while, but nothing really came of it. I don't want to chase a guy down so if he doesn't ask me out after a few messages when he knows I was interested enough to contact him first, then I assume he already has other ladies he's much more interested in and I won't bother him again.
 brunett27
Msg: 77
Do men like it when women contact them first?
Posted: 7/6/2008 8:32:50 PM
I would rather him make the first contact, although I do make it toward him sometimes. I like to be pursued though, rather than the pursuer, and I don't chase if I don't hear a response back if I do happen to contact a man first.
 Pixy Dust
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2008 8:57:44 PM
You know I've been guilty of sitting back on my laurels waiting for the men to contact me in the past... I think I'll turn a new laural.. I'll scan a few mens profiles and make contact.. It may sound like games but actually we are put into certain role plays... ladies that ARE ladies wait for the man to make first contact... but I'm not satisfied.. sooooo.... mmmm....
 Guesswhoo
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/6/2008 9:00:08 PM
An old friend (male) once told me to never chase a man, because if he is truly interested he will contact you. I'll sit back and wait lol
 ~Sunrise_Walker~
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/7/2008 7:45:10 AM
If I lived in an area where I didn't get out and about a lot, or where there was a real shortage of man/woman exposure opportunities, I probably would try to coax myself into contacting men first. Since dating sites would be my only option to meeting new men.

I do meet men in real life, usually when I'm out on my morning walk or while shopping at the super market, or just generally going about my daily routine. The last three men in my life, I met that way. So while I use this site to broaden my dating pool, it's no big deal if I don't catch any fish here. I'll just take my chances here, on meeting someone new, the same as I do in the real world. Without altering my usual personality, which is one that is not comfortable with making the first move.

There's nothing wrong with women taking that first step. It's just not me. One advantage to doing that is that you already know there is something about whatever man you contact first, that you're attracted to. And that's a plus. I can see advantages on both sides.
 essexbob
Msg: 81
Posted: 7/7/2008 8:42:44 AM
i only get contacted by old fat ugly women,whos faces remind me of piccasso,s paintings!
 msudeere
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/7/2008 9:29:54 AM
I really like when approached first and any man that interprets this as meaning the lady is desperate and easy to get in bed is and idiot
 lookinatit
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/7/2008 9:46:52 AM
It doesn't bother me at all.
 parrothead 13
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 11:43:23 AM
ms bird. the problem with all or nothing thinking is your wrong about half the time. if you like the guys profile click away. if he does not respond its his loss. though your opening line idea is not a bad one either.
 bigsexyteddybear
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 1:56:29 PM
Well since I am a big guy, I never really know what lady would be attracted to me. What age bracket, ethnicity, size, education, etc, you name it. So unless I was to "spam" every woman in my geographical area I would have no idea who would be interested in me. Ever wonder why some men send cut-n-paste to every woman on here? Well, to be honest you almost have too. Look at our age it doesn't get any easier. Most of us don't go out to bars, really don't want to try the pick-up at the store, and in some sad way have resigned to think were might meet that special someone when we hit the retirement home (course I heard being single in a retirement home can be pretty fun )...LOL

On the internet there is no glance, no meeting of the eyes, no 'that look' you can get, a simple smile that acknowledges you. Other times it might be a look of disgust or that 'don't even try to talk to me' look. These are the signs and signals we get in 'real life'. But on the internet they are not available.

So ladies, if you run across a man you think you might be interested in, drop him a line. He probably doesn't even know you are on here.

Remember, you can't catch a fish if you don't put your hook in the water otherwise, your only baiting your hook and well after a while that might make you a master...baiter...

OK OK bad joke...don't hate me...lol But the rest is sincere!
 swingpup
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 9:27:58 AM
Yes, I enjoy being contacted by a woman. I have always enjoyed assertive women a woman that goes after what she desires not only personally but in the business world as well.

If she is in the "operational area" I will meet her for at the least an iced tea.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 12:07:02 PM

If she is in the "operational area" I will meet her for at the least an iced tea.

...Huh? * Scrathes her head and wonders what he means by that? *

...maeflowers

Joe33647
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 12:32:03 PM
If it ever happens I'll let you know. Right now I'm in the dreaded "read-deleted, or unread-deleted" zone when I send a note out. Maybe I should encourage first contact on my profile like I saw posted before?
 ~Sunrise_Walker~
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/8/2008 1:19:53 PM
Swinqpup; I admire those same qualities in a man, which is why I prefer them to contact me first. I don't know what "operational area" means. Would you mind explaining??
 ~Sunrise_Walker~
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/8/2008 1:22:46 PM
Okay! I've got it! You mean if she lives in your area or in close proximity to you.
 dustyknight
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/8/2008 1:41:05 PM
There is a huge double standard between the sexes and this is yet another instance. If a male says hello first, he may be considered pushy or worse. I recently complimented a fishie on her looks and immediately she wrote back "she wasn't interested because I was just after sex!" . It was "wow you are certainly a nice looking woman!.." how simple!
So..I will always let the lady make the first move so as not to seem too anxious or generate any other reason she might think my intentions were dubious, less than honorable in nature.
I did reply that she was absolutely wrong, that I was misjudged unfairly. That not every male wanted just sex from her.
Read my posts, they are always complimentary with much courtesy implied.
The list of double standards grows daily:
A woman who is sexually agressive, is branded a slut.
A male horndawg is praised as a stud..
dusty
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 2:04:28 PM

I recently complimented a fishie on her looks and immediately she wrote back "she wasn't interested because I was just after sex!" . It was "wow you are certainly a nice looking woman!.." how simple!

...Sorry, you caught me on a bad day. ......ok, ok....bad joke, I did say in my profile not everyone gets my sense of humour.

Hey don't feel bad, I've been shot down too....I'm still licking some of the wounds haha

...maeflowers
 stillalooking
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 2:18:18 PM
I won't write to a fella first,no way.Reckon I'm old fashioned too.That's why I'm still dateless I reckon
 dustyknight
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/9/2008 9:32:53 AM
singin "call me don't be afraid just call me" email, write a note in the sand, on the tailgate of my truck before I wash it, in lipstick on my mirror, tape it to my harley winshield... but above all just contact me! lol

*mae* flowers
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:00:57 AM

singin "call me don't be afraid just call me" email, write a note in the sand, on the tailgate of my truck before I wash it, in lipstick on my mirror, tape it to my harley winshield... but above all just contact me! lol

...Unfortunately, thats impossible with your restrictions....thats ok, I'll send up smoke signals haha

...maeflowers
 ~Sunrise_Walker~
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:01:10 AM
Dusty; I'm disappointed! I thought Hoosier men were assertive, self confident, men who still believe in traditional ways! Most of the ones I meet are that way. Thank goodness! Now you're saying you don't contact women first. The world is upside down all over.
 MeereKat
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:06:56 AM
~ Very Much ~ !!
Especially if she is responding to something interesting in my Profile..!!
I've done plenty of Searches....
but certainly haven't seen Everyone that's available / interesting..!!!
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:22:06 AM
Dont feel sad Maeflowers, I live in the states and couldnt contact Dusty either. Guys if you want a lady to contact you, you might remove some of the restrictions on your profile.

I still think that when a man contacts a woman first, granted some women are just seeking an ego stroke, it allows the female to feel more comfortable as the relationship progresses...I know the few times I tried I just felt like I was pulling teeth and couldnt tell if they were responding cause they liked me or just to be nice but Im grumpy today anyway :P
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:46:20 AM

Dont feel sad Maeflowers, I live in the states and couldnt contact Dusty either. Guys if you want a lady to contact you, you might remove some of the restrictions on your profile.

... Let it be known that at least two females tried contacting you "first" haha. You must have recently changed your restrictions cause at one time I did exchange an e-mail or two with ya.

...maeflowers
 dustyknight
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:53:02 AM
Ladies, the only restriction I have is you are not married..so sweet ladies I have no

clue why your mail won't go through.......
I checked 2x and no restrictions there so I have no idea why you can't mail.

dusty
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do men like it when women contact them first?