Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Best Movie Soundtracks      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tulips Reign
Msg: 51
Best Movie SoundtracksPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'd have to say:

The Last of the Mohicans,
Little Women,
Enchanted,
Forrest Gump, and
Girl with a Pearl Earring
 Beachippy
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/13/2009 9:16:28 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the sound track to..

Paris, Texas..... with Ry Cooder 's unforgetable style and distinctive guitar sound....

still one of my fav movies..
with harry deanS and natashaK... and young " 'unterrr "
 torgo70
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/14/2009 8:54:35 AM
Movie soundtracks-

Fear No Evil(1981)- Talking Heads, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, Boomtown Rats, Patti Smith, The B-52s, Richard Hell

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2(1986)- The Cramps, Roky Erickson, Oingo Boingo, Torch Song, Concrete Blonde, Timbuk 3, Stewart Copeland

Return of the Living Dead(1985)- TSOL, The Damned, The Cramps, Roky Erickson

I Was A Teenage Zombie(1987)- The Fleshtones, The Waitresses, Violent Femmes

Straight to Hell(1987)- Joe Strummer, Pray For Rain, The Pogues

Harold and Maude(1971)- Cat Stevens

A Hard Days Night, Help!, Yellow Submarine- The Beatles

The Wall, La vallée , Zabriskie Point- Pink Floyd

Besides Heavy Metal, 2 other great animated film soundtracks---

American Pop(1981)- Includes many decades of music, including- Cole Porter, Sam Cooke, Janice Joplin, The Mamas and the Papas, Peter, Paul & Mary, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, The Doors, Jemi Hendrix, Lou Reed, Pat Benatar, Sex Pistols, Lynyrd Skynyrd

Rock & Rule(1983)- Deborah Harry, Lou Reed, Cheap Trick, Iggy Pop
 saturn55
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/14/2009 6:47:32 PM
I always enjoyed the Celtic theme to "Boon Dock Saints," and I would have to say that is favorite Movie Soundtrack.
 Twill348
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/14/2009 7:40:50 PM
Don't much care about soundtracks, only two come to mind: Breakfast at Tiffanys, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
 keenosaabi
Msg: 56
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/15/2009 1:15:11 AM
wow this is an old thread, but for those that like the oh brother! where art thou? soundtrack you might also like "down from the mountain" it's a performance dvd from the ryman by the folks that sang on soundtrack....

fav all time soundtrack is from "Wonderboys" don't watch the movie most of the music is hidden....great collection of songs, nice balance, and it has "no regrets" by tom rush on it.
 Lolita_2
Msg: 57
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/15/2009 8:52:08 AM
Dirty Dancing!
 Elvira Cleaver
Msg: 58
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/16/2009 11:00:48 AM
This is a great forum topic, of course I'm drawing a total blank, so I'll wing it.

The Hideaway (misc. industrial)
Legend (Tangerine Dream)
Judgement Night
Rocky Horror Picture Show (Tim Curry, 'nuff said!)
The Blue Brothers (Ray Charles, Cab Calloway, John and Dan... it doesn't get much better!)
Some Kind of Wonderful (chock full of great 80's )
Ferris Bueller's Day
Hell, all John Hughes' 80's movies
Spawn
The Matrix
Ray
 WindRoper
Msg: 59
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/16/2009 11:19:07 AM
Easy Rider, Urban Cowboy, Honeysuckle Rose, Roadhouse, Dirty Dancing, Firebase Gloria, Knight's Tale (and best placed/utilized cuz who doesn't like to do "the wave" while attending a joust?), Rent, and Wild Hogs.
 Beachippy
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/17/2009 12:31:22 AM
yeh, Easy Rider... the river flows, it flows to the sea, and wherever that river flows, that's where I wanna be..... freeeeeee..
brings back memories of high school and back sheds, scratchy lp's, cigarettes, and hard action cheap guitars.... the Weight... blew us away even as teens... and a good intro to some classic US tunes...

surf movies always had good sound tracks... original artists or compilations...

"morning of the earth" an early 70's Oz surf movie had an excellent local sound track... and an lp most people had at home to listen to... before videos and dvd's...

Crystal Voyager featured pink floyd "Echoes" for the second half of the film.... and some of the first camera on body tube shots by george greenough.. just awesome ....

Tales of(from?) tubular swells had a great Bali collage to the "Dreamweaver" song... as well as a hot mixed..sound track...

films would be far different without sound tracks,,

Obscured by Clouds is my fav floyd album.. it's a sound track to a movie I've never even seen.....
 Lucy Rachel Silvers
Msg: 61
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/17/2009 9:08:30 AM
Ferris Buelers day off

The Devils Rejects

Watchmen

Donnie Darko

Southland Tales

The Matrix

Human Traffic
 LakeCountyGal
Msg: 62
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/19/2009 9:29:52 PM
Oh man, I love movie soundtracks. They put out some of the best music for movies. Seriously. I have too many favorites to name over the years.

Amadeus was one...but they used Mozart's actual music of course. (but I'm also partial to Mozart)

I've enjoyed some of the "hip hop" soundtracks in movies in recent years, along with movies that have "classical" or "haunting" type of soundtracks. It really depends on the movie. Some of the horror movies over the years, have had some great spooky soundtracks.

I've also found lots of anime movies, to have some great soundtracks.

The Neverending Story is another classic soundtrack.
Chariots of Fire
The Black Stallion
Star Wars
Superman
I agree with the Donnie Darko choice someone mentioned above...

Anything by John Williams (the composer) is usually great. I wanted to compose movie soundtracks years ago, but alas, you have to go to music school forever, and be insanely talented in music (I have a good ear but I ain't that good)

Again, far too many to name! Good topic though.
 mcgillj
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Best Movie Soundtracks
Posted: 4/24/2009 4:25:43 PM
well.. first I break up SCORE from SOUNDTRACK.. but as for SOUNTRACK.. Tarantino AND Kevin Smith both have fantastic ears for picking out music.. so I'd throw in their ENTIRE work, thus far.

Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill, Dusk till Dawn (FANTASTICALLY underrated), Death Proof (a few gems in there.. but not to my personal taste), Reservoir Dogs, Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy (ONLY a bootleg.. but amazing choices..), Dogma (great score.. but makes Alanis' Uninvited at the end all the more powerful..), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.. (say what you will.. but you jus tend to bop and rock along with it), Zack and Miri.. (a bit safe.. but still some great suff).

Also The Crow.. I'd even venture and say Crow: City of Angels had some great tracks.. Pump Up the Volume.. American Grafitti (AMAZING).

although I put Kill Bill up top.. it is MOSTZY score.. so I'd throw it back down here.. also throw in The Godfather.. The Untouchables (Ennio Morricone was AMAZING here..), The Star Wars series (even the prequels had some amazing tracks), and Lalo Schiffrin doing "Dirty Harry".. I don't kow.. jus that vible.. wouldn't have worked without it.. ditto for Isaac Hayes work on "Shaft"
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Best Movie Soundtracks