Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Starting to get turned off with      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TampaRays
Msg: 426
Starting to get turned off with shaved womenPage 18 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
That's the problem.
 skoochie
Msg: 427
view profile
History
Starting to get turned off with shaved women
Posted: 11/8/2008 1:48:01 PM
Can you still call it a beaver if it's hairless? Looks more like a piece of bacon.
 badgerindesertbrian
Msg: 428
Posted: 11/8/2008 2:34:18 PM
maybe the shaving cream is turning women into non sexuals who dont want sex dont shave the chemicals are killing us
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 429
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2008 4:56:29 PM

BigDaddyJinx,

Just curious, did you have a hard time finding a woman who wasn't shaved? I didn't even realize women were doing that until I started coming to these forums and it seems the majority does

Fleur -- just to answer your question, I haven't had any issues finding ones that weren't part of the "trend". I suppose being very open and verbal about it has helped me a lot, because the ones that don't shave (just trim) are the ones that approach me.

Though there was this one gal that showed an interest in me, beyond just curiousity, that was rather put off that I wouldn't touch a shaved snatch...since she had one. Told her flat out that it would never work between her and I because of it. Even as a FWB. Yea, she was quite beside herself actually and didn't really know what to say.

But surprisingly enough, I haven't had any issues locating ones that don't "trend". I must've been born under a lucky star or something lol.

MsMicki
Msg: 430
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2008 5:13:22 PM
I honestly don't understand you're use of the term "trend"....
Do u realize some of us started shaving long before it was a so-called trend or fad?
Do u honestly think that women shave......because others do?
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Do u have facial hair because other men do? Do you wear that leather jacket because others do?

and I am real damn confused how u think a woman letting her peach get fuzzy again is anything but a compromise? If your woman had never tried giving head before....and decided she wanted to try it with you......would you tell her no? or dump her because she was willing to experiment with you?
If your woman normally wears jeans.....and she notices that you "noticed" a woman in a dress....and she goes out and buys a dress to wear for you.......is she suddenly a "follower"?
If your girlfriend told you your cologne gave her a headache....would u refuse to wear something different?

People do things in relationships for each other......they compromise to please and to be pleased....it is what help make a relationship work.
My last b/f preferred a little fuzz below...no biggie.....I grew fuzz. He wins and I win cuz I got lots more attention where I wanted it!
 janalta
Msg: 431
Posted: 11/8/2008 8:44:41 PM
I find the terms 'trend' and 'fad' quite ridiculous as well.
The practice of removing all or part of the pubic hair has been in existance for centuries...and in fact, was practiced by the ancient Egyptians.
It's hardly a fad or trend to want to be clean.
 bigsexyteddybear
Msg: 432
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2008 9:25:05 PM

So why don't you shave your head then? I mean I love smelling a woman's soft hair, love running my fingers through it, the smell of her shampoo the feel of it all over me...so why is so hard to think I can't feel the same way about her bush?

I am just so lost as to this almost phobic response that public hair is unclean, it really no more dirty and even less so that your hair on your head after you plaster it will jell and hair spray and then stand outside in traffic and pick up all the particulate matter in the air. At least your bush isn't full of jell, hydrocarbons and smoke smell....LMAO!
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 433
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2008 4:04:17 AM

MsMicki wrote -- I honestly don't understand you're use of the term "trend"....
Do u realize some of us started shaving long before it was a so-called trend or fad?
Do u honestly think that women shave......because others do?

Janalta wrote -- I find the terms 'trend' and 'fad' quite ridiculous as well.
The practice of removing all or part of the pubic hair has been in existance for centuries...and in fact, was practiced by the ancient Egyptians.

Ladies, ladies...c'mon now. You can say that you've been doing it since Christ was a cowboy...you can say that it's to be "clean"...say whatever you want, because that's how you want to describe it. I call a spade a spade, and refer to it by its common association, which is trend/fad. Allow me to elaborate...

If it was so common, as you both seem to profess, then remind again why as a youth, the very suggestion of it was enough to make a woman's hair stand on end? Why the term "circa-70's muff" is floating around the forums? Why 99.99% of "natural" paintings depict what...that's right, a hairy muff. I have yet to see one with a shaved muff. Read any good health books recently? The ones that also clearly depict a hairy nether region? So really, if this is as common a practice as you would suggest, then where are the examples? I can cite more from my end if you need. I'm here to help.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Do u have facial hair because other men do? Do you wear that leather jacket because others do?

Micki -- nope, and nope. In fact, I sported a goatee long before it became a trendy thing to do, as well as the leather jacket thing. I am still sporting both despite the fact that neither is considered "in". I found a style I was comfortable with, and stuck with it before it was a fad, during the fad, and long since the fad went cold. Same thing with my long hair...you must've missed that comparison Micki, so I added it for you. I had long hair before it was a fad and trendy to have, had it through the trend, and still have it despite it also being "out of style". I like it, it likes me, we're both happy with it. I'd also add other comparisons that you overlooked, but that would take too long. You get the point though.

and I am real damn confused how u think a woman letting her peach get fuzzy again is anything but a compromise?

To clear up your confusion, again 'cause I'm here to help, if she grew her muff back in of her own accord long before I was on the scene, then no harm no foul. She probably got tired of the trend and grew it back. All good. If she grew it back because I made it perfectly clear that I wouldn't touch her sexually if it was shaved, that is NOT compromise...that is selling out. Plain and simple. She liked it just fine before me, but just because I tell her I wouldn't touch her to scratch her if it's shaved...so she grows it back...yep, sellout. You can call it compromise if it helps you sleep better at night :) At least I'll go to bed knowing what it really is...a desperate attempt to be "accepted" by someone by giving up who YOU are to be what THEY want. Big FAIL.

That should clear up any confusion you may have had on that question.

If your woman had never tried giving head before....and decided she wanted to try it with you......would you tell her no? or dump her because she was willing to experiment with you?

Now you're talking about two totally different subjects here, so try to stick to just the one at hand. But to answer your question, if she had never tried it before and wanted to experiment her first oral offering with me, I'd likely say yes. Any other experimentation wouldn't be a green light just because this one was okay. And no, I wouldn't dump her for wanting to experiment unless I said no to her request and she insisted...then she can find someone more suited to her experimental ways.

If your woman normally wears jeans.....and she notices that you "noticed" a woman in a dress....and she goes out and buys a dress to wear for you.......is she suddenly a "follower"?

Micki -- given your example only, knowing that she went to buy this dress because she noticed me "noticing" someone else in it...you're damn right she's a "follower". Just another one of the sheeple. She normally wears jeans and I can only assume you also mean she's quite comfortable with her choice of apparel, but then decides to wear a dress because she noticed me "noticing" someone other than her in one...another sellout. Couldn't handle the fact that as one who has a fully functional set of eyes, I happened to observe beauty other than her, and she wants it all now? Weak.

If your girlfriend told you your cologne gave her a headache....would u refuse to wear something different?

Yes, I would refuse to wear something different. If it gives her a headache, I just wouldn't wear it anywhere near her, ever. I'm not gonna punish her senses just because I happen to prefer Brand A and that brand gives her a screamin' headache...but at the same time, this doesn't mean that I'll be rushing to the store to find one that doesn't give her a headache. I'll just eliminate the issue by not wearing it around her. She wins. I win. GO TEAM!

People do things in relationships for each other......they compromise to please and to be pleased....it is what help make a relationship work.

I'll be one of the first to loudly exclaim that compromise is essential for any relationship to work. However, what you've referred to here is not compromise in ANY way at all. It's selling out. It's allowing you to no longer be you, just to suit someone else other than you. It's a desperate way to claw at acceptance from someone. If they don't accept you as-is, where-is, then they are not for you.

The moment compromise involves giving up who you are...your identity of being...then this is no longer compromise. But again, if this word helps you sleep at night, then all the power to you. I won't take that away from you, or anyone else.

If you can't please them as you are, and they can't please you as they are...then you two shouldn't be together to begin with. I will never compromise "self" for anyone. As-is, where-is, or keep lookin'.

I trust this clears everything up for you now?

MsMicki
Msg: 434
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2008 7:56:34 AM
Clears up? not really.....will never understand any person that is so set in their thought process that they would give up a chance at happiness over such small issues as a woman wearing a dress for her man.

quote BigDaddyJinx: I'll be one of the first to loudly exclaim that compromise is essential for any relationship to work. However, what you've referred to here is not compromise in ANY way at all. It's selling out. It's allowing you to no longer be you, just to suit someone else other than you. It's a desperate way to claw at acceptance from someone. If they don't accept you as-is, where-is, then they are not for you.
Then how can any compromise not be considered "selling out"?

and you contradicted yourself.....on the cologne issue......by not wearing it around her.....you are compromising.....whether you want it to be a compromise or not!
So.....let's twist that around. You are in a LTR.....and the doctor tells your woman she won't get as many yeast infections if she shaves her hair (which can tend to hold in moisture).....do you end the relationship if she does?

Did it ever occur to you some women change their "hairstyles" as often as we change the living room around? Some of us like to switch it up....smooth for a couple days....light fuzz a couple days......, etc...no different than men do with facial hair.
Sometimes I wear panties......most times I don't...sometimes I wear a thong....and sometimes, hell I wear my man's boxers..... just depends on what mood I'm in.....and has absolutely nothing to do with what other women are doing. Switching it up......is being true to myself....cuz that's "who" I am......a woman of many facets.

BUT.....why is it that you are not "following a trend" by sporting facial hair....but us
40 something yr old women that started shaving back in the 70's are? Bit hypocritical IMO. Hell I first shaved when I was 17...and didn't even know other women were.....I did it cuz my hair kept wrapping around his dik and pulling....and it friggin hurt!

I don't need to feel justified about my thoughts to sleep better at night. I am quite comfortable with my ability to please myself .....and my man in all aspects of a relationship. I don't need to label actions that come from the heart.
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 435
Posted: 11/9/2008 8:53:54 AM
I must've been born under a lucky star or something lol.

Thank you for your reply, Big Daddy. I was beginning to think I was the lone standout

A couple guys have told me of their preference for shaved - fortunately these aren't guys I wish to be with. Others don't even mention it and don't remove their hair as well, which is nice.

sxyvirgo
Msg: 436
Posted: 11/9/2008 2:08:01 PM
" It's hardly a fad or trend to want to be clean."

So why don't you shave your head then? I mean I love smelling a woman's soft hair, love running my fingers through it, the smell of her shampoo the feel of it all over me...so why is so hard to think I can't feel the same way about her bush?

I am just so lost as to this almost phobic response that public hair is unclean, it really no more dirty and even less so that your hair on your head after you plaster it will jell and hair spray and then stand outside in traffic and pick up all the particulate matter in the air. At least your bush isn't full of jell, hydrocarbons and smoke smell....LMAO!

Thanks so much, teddybear! You hit it on the head - few women (over the age of 18) wash their hair every single day but more than likely they shower that often. There is absolutely no logic to the time, trouble, and expense of keeping completely bare - but of course we want to feel there is so we come up with intellectual arguments.

I guess no one ever gave or received oral before the "bare" craze and those folks must have invented it!!!
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2008 3:00:02 PM
and you contradicted yourself.....on the cologne issue......by not wearing it around her.....you are compromising.....whether you want it to be a compromise or not!

Micki -- not sure if you even understood what you wrote, but go back and take a closer read at what you did scribble...tell me where I said that I was anti-compromise? Just to remind you, I actually said it was "essential". Not wearing it around her is compromise, and why would I deny that? However, buying a new fragrance that SHE likes and is comfortable with, THAT is not compromise. THAT is selling out. You're in such a rush to try and vindicate yourself, and put muscle behind your words, that you fail to see what you're writing. Sorry, there was absolutely no contradiction there. Slow down next time...

So.....let's twist that around. You are in a LTR.....and the doctor tells your woman she won't get as many yeast infections if she shaves her hair (which can tend to hold in moisture).....do you end the relationship if she does?

WOW...you're REALLY trying to make me accept the shaving trend eh? How bitter and sad. Given your newest example, the answer is still the same...yes, the relationship ends. Having yeast infection issues is bad enough, because it impairs the amount of times I can be in sexual contact with my mate as it is...topping it off by having to shave it (which is ridiculous) to keep it "cleaner" would just mean that an impairment now becomes a non factor at all. We'd go from hardly any sex due to her multiple yeast infections, to no sex at all once she shaves it off. Bitter pill to swallow, but for the sake of her health, she's better to shave it off if advised to do so my a medical professional (though again, it's utterly ridiculous to even contemplate a medical professional suggesting this nonsense). Regrettably, she will be without my services from that point on. But she will see herself with far less yeast infections, so there's still a plus there.

Micki, no matter how hard you try to work this to your advantage, there's no way you'll ever convince me that a shaved muff is any way "cleaner" or more preferred. Best to quit while you're ahead, 'cause this circular argument is getting tired already. If you think browbeating me will see me suddenly have the inspiration to accept shaved as a standard, lemme cut that to the quick....NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. I accept that you like it shaved. Accept that I don't, and never will.

Did it ever occur to you some women change their "hairstyles" as often as we change the living room around? Some of us like to switch it up....smooth for a couple days....light fuzz a couple days......, etc...no different than men do with facial hair.
Sometimes I wear panties......most times I don't...sometimes I wear a thong....and sometimes, hell I wear my man's boxers..... just depends on what mood I'm in.....and has absolutely nothing to do with what other women are doing. Switching it up......is being true to myself....cuz that's "who" I am......a woman of many facets.

If this is in any way referencing the "jeans/dress" scenario you mentioned previously, then again you're saying one thing and then going off in a completely different direction when it suits you, struggling to validate your words. If she chooses to change her apparel because she decided that she'd rather wear jeans today and a dress tomorrow, this is a typical human being. If she wore the dress because she saw me "noticing" someone else wearing one (and her sole preference to that point was jeans), then she sold out in a weak attempt to garner 100% of my attentions, and has serious insecurity issues.

Women are flighty and trendy, I get that. Women change their styles with Vogue and Cosmo editions. I get that too. Even suggesting that she wore a dress to "be herself" because she's so multi faceted...weak. You said she wore it because she saw me "noticing" someone else in one. Your struggles are getting far too transparent now.

BUT.....why is it that you are not "following a trend" by sporting facial hair....but us
40 something yr old women that started shaving back in the 70's are? Bit hypocritical IMO. Hell I first shaved when I was 17...and didn't even know other women were.....I did it cuz my hair kept wrapping around his dik and pulling....and it friggin hurt!

Again Micki, in case you missed it when I pointed it out in my previous post, facial hair is no longer "in" by any means. Clean shaven, short metrosexual hairstyles are the "in" thing these days. Not facial hair and ponytails. So when I say I'm not "following a trend", I kinda meant what I said. Sorry if you missed that part. If I was "following a trend", as most seem to do, I'd have short spiky hair, and no facial hair to speak of. I don't, so there is no trend following involved here.

If you started shaving back in the 70's, good for you. If you shaved before it became the latest "in" thing to do, good for you. If you shaved because your hairs used to wrap around your mate's junk, good for you. You're comfortable with that, where I'm not. Your partners accept that, where I don't. Trying to convince me to change my mind ain't gonna happen no matter how hard you try here. Some people will just never like it. Period.

I am quite comfortable with my ability to please myself .....and my man in all aspects of a relationship.

Then what's all the fuss about? I'm comfortable with my ability to please myself, and my woman in all aspects of a relationship too. You're just one of the many that have a burr up your ass because not all of us are willing to accept a clean shaven muff. None of the women I've been with, save the one exception, have ever had any complaints about my preference to see them with hair down there. They're comfortable knowing that I accept them as-is, where-is. They're happy, and so am I.

You live your life exactly as you do and be happy with it, 'cause I support your happiness. Just don't be rallying, trying to get me to come to your side of the fence. Just be happy that I like it trimmed and not shaved.

I've said all I need to say on this, so don't bother with any more scenarios, 'cause they'll just be ignored. I'm tired of the "scenario game". Let other people post their preferences and feel free to jump them instead. I can't possibly say any more than I have already.

Cheers.

Thank you for your reply, Big Daddy. I was beginning to think I was the lone standout

A couple guys have told me of their preference for shaved - fortunately these aren't guys I wish to be with. Others don't even mention it and don't remove their hair as well, which is nice.

Fleur -- no worries. Happy to help out.

I'm glad that you aren't having any real difficulties finding the ones that meet your expectations, and won't sell out just to suit them. If they really want and expect shaved, there's plenty out there that would be only too willing to help them out. If it's not you, they just need to accept that for what it is. :)
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 438
Posted: 11/9/2008 3:06:17 PM
This whole discussion is hilarious. To each his/her own. It reminds me of this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM

I bet he doesn't care if the bush is big or not.
 jennyrose41
Msg: 439
Posted: 11/9/2008 3:59:53 PM
I agree with One More Time. Hilarious!

I didn't even know women shaved it all off until last year when some guy told me he "only eats off a clean plate". I was thinking he'd sure have a hard time finding a girl who did that... I guess I am not keeping up on the trends; I thought landing strips were still in vogue and even then, only during bikini season.

Eh, to each his own. If it's a dealbreaker for ya, better figure out a way to get it into the conversation before the clothes come off! Or maybe exchange waist down pics with each other first?

MsMicki
Msg: 440
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2008 8:01:09 PM
Big Daddy.....I'm not trying to sway you to my side...
what I'm trying to point out to you is just because a woman is shaved one day...she may not be next week....and if we meet a man that prefers it bushy....it it no way means we are selling out by allowing it to grow back in. Some of us (men & women) really do have many sides to us....and some of us like to do things to please their partner....
to me.....selling out would be not trying to please my partner. Sure there are limits...but there should definately be things that are acceptable to change without being considered a "Sell Out"....
I am not one of the women that shave because I believe there is less odor that way...and in no way was I referring to that when I threw in the hyothetical situation of a woman's doctor telling her she should shave to get less infections (BTW.....doctors have told women this)....
I was actually hoping u would redeem yourself and say if a woman u loved had these issues.....u would still love her and be understanding. I see now that is impossible for you. It's all about what u want....period.
Good luck with that.
 Damon0028
Msg: 441
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2008 10:09:04 PM

At least your bush isn't full of jell, hydrocarbons and smoke smell....LMAO!

Dammit, son! Watch out- Bushes are going to have to be equipped with particulate filters to meet 2010 emissions standards... Next thing you know, they'll be puttin' Jake Brakes on 'em!!!

-damoN-("Whoop-whoop, truckin' up" emoticon, please?)
 bigsexyteddybear
Msg: 442
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2008 3:51:41 AM

I am not one of the women that shave because I believe there is less odor that way...and in no way was I referring to that when I threw in the hyothetical situation of a woman's doctor telling her she should shave to get less infections (BTW.....doctors have told women this)....

ahhhh, either early on in this thread or another one on the same topic several ladies claimed that their OB/GYN told them to shave. Some heated discussion broke out over this and that a Dr. would tell them to shave it all off.

So I actually took it upon myself...LOL...to do some googling on the subject of public hair and doctor (GYN's) recommendations back on those posts. To my surprise there were a couple websites that have forums from GYN's that talked about this very thing.

Here is what was said in general. Any OB/GYN or any Dr. that tells a woman she 'needs' to shave, the woman should get another Dr. The Dr. went on to point out that pubic hair is and was put in place to serve a purpose, now as much as we don't really need it any longer for that reason it does no harm to leave it alone. He went on to tell this lady in her question, that the act of shaving actually increases the risk for infection, irritation, ingrown hairs and skin rashes. He stated this area of the skin is not tough enough to be shaved without irritation and ingrown hair is very common. He did not recommend shaving around the labium minora and majora as this area is very sensitive and cuts here can become infected very easily from normal external bacteria. He stated that if she wished trimming had no ill effect and would serve her better than shaving and was purely cosmetic. He also stated that naturally hairy women have no statistical increase in any types of infections as a result of leaving it natural. And that shaving causes more minor problems than not shaving. Regular bathing and check-ups where more beneficial than doing anything else. In addition to remembering what direction to wipe.

I am not trying to start an argument, I am only going over what I had looked up since one lady was very adamant she was told to shave it all off by her Dr.
 Ninki
Msg: 443
Posted: 11/10/2008 5:17:50 AM
BigDaddyJinx, you rock!

N.
 Ninki
Msg: 444
Posted: 11/10/2008 5:20:39 AM

and the doctor tells your woman she won't get as many yeast infections if she shaves her hair (which can tend to hold in moisture).....

Bullsh*t! Pubic hair does not cause yeast infections! If my GYN told me that I'd find a new one post haste! How ignorant can people be?

N.
 MsMicki
Msg: 445
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2008 5:38:56 AM
I didn't say hair causes infections.......
I said....hair can hold in moisture......and moisture can have a direct effect on infections.
I'd say it's one of those things that not only people have different views on.....
so do doctors.
The medical profession has many views on many things...not all doctors agree on everything.....so believe as you wish.
 kittenhere
Msg: 446
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2008 5:40:54 AM
I agree with you op. I think its stupid for a woman to shave everyting below. To trim is fine but thats it. I am woman and I prefer to stay as god made me. although, my hubby prefers shaved. I have done it for him but it isnt't gonna happen often. I cant wait until the hair grows back. I'm gonna tell my hubby he gets shaved on special occassions only lol from here on out.
 grizzelda
Msg: 447
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2008 5:51:18 AM

How ignorant can people be?

As ignorant as needed to continually insist that women who dont shave are dirty, less sensual, and arent "multi faceted" as those that do.

Thanks Big Daddy!, Now when I was a little girl, getting pubic hair meant you were growing up, and something to be celebrated. Now, its something that is disgusting, something to be ashamed of, something to be "rid" of or you are dirty......Dont like the fact that I dont shave or wax my pubes, or that it "disgusts" you. You may want to ask yourself why a normal female body disgusts you? Trust me, those of us that dont shave, dont have hang ups or need some counselling, most are quite happy and secure in their sexuality that they dont need to continually alter their bodies to find their sexuality.

bb5757
Msg: 448
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2008 6:03:04 AM
Hey Parry 10, check out my forum on "IM SEX". The guy that I am talking about has a fettish with women with hairy .....! I think that is soooo masculine of him to prefer that .
And I do agree with you, shaving is a fad...and reminiscent of being a child. I think it is not natural, and makes me wonder what a guy sees in it? do men like the resemblence of children? ...maybe so...with so much child pornography and pedifiles out there. YUK!!!
 Ninki
Msg: 449
Posted: 11/10/2008 7:41:20 AM

I didn't even know women shaved it all off until last year when some guy told me...

I didn't know until I started reading this forum here.

If it's a dealbreaker for ya, better figure out a way to get it into the conversation before the clothes come off!

That's why I added it to my profile.

N.
 troy_boy
Msg: 450
Posted: 11/10/2008 7:57:34 AM
Personal preference my friend. I'm not into hair pies-- a lil bit is tolerable, but c'mon this isnt the seventies. Makes oral better. I just don't like the look of "Don King in a leg lock"
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Starting to get turned off with