Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do Babes dig ugly guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justin.tv
Msg: 726
Why do Babes dig ugly guys?Page 30 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)

Hot women don't date ugly fat guys unless they can compensate for their fugliness in some other way.Usually it's money.Sometimes the hot women have zero self esteem for whatever reason and truly believe that all they deserve ,and can get,are the fuglies. They don't see how beautiful and desirable they really are due to their non existent self esteem.

And how would you know? Are you even hot? It doesn't have to do money or any of that nonsense. Women love men that are real men not wussies. He might have a very good personality, especially with joking around. You have a good looking guy but if he's a wussies then it won't matter that much.
 alltheusernamesrgone
Msg: 727
Why do Babes dig ugly guys?
Posted: 12/13/2009 3:32:34 PM
Seriously?

You've never heard, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
 13karat
Msg: 728
Posted: 12/13/2009 3:47:57 PM
This thread makes me laugh.
I once dated a man who was drop dead gorgeous. He owned his own home - not the bank - had his toys, etc. Sooo... he had looks, money, and decent in bed. Going by the criteria on here, he would be a "great catch".... WRONG! He couldn't communicate for beans... small children in kindergarten do a better job than he did.... and when I pushed him on it, he threw a childish fit and said "you're being mean" and ended things. I almost died laughing over the childish remark, but then just went "next" in my mind, and thanked my lucky stars that I had pushed him - he showed his true colours.

I have a good friend who is quite well known for his musical abilities... very good looking... and a very kind and compassionate man. He recently got involved with a very pretty woman, she owns her own home, one of those showcase homes.... her kids are raised..... you would think she is a "catch"... not in your life. She MUST always be the center of attention. I was at their place once for a party, where he was trying to talk to a good friend that he had not seen in a long while... she kept coming up to him, dragging him off to do something, anything... as long as he was with her... and not talking to his friend. He ended things two weeks later. Then, a few months later, she came back, supposedly just as a "friend" wanting to hang out with him for his birthday. She pulled her center of attention thing again, and ruined his birthday... it turned into a huge fight.

Both incidents make me think of the song line, "She ain't pretty, she just looks that way."
 ManicMelanie
Msg: 729
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2009 3:49:18 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Love is blind.

Attraction and interest are VERY personal. Pursue what/who works for you.

RESPECT other peoples right/wishes to choose, as well.

(I find it interesting that the OP doesn't have a profile or pictures to show.)

Confident-Realist
Msg: 730
Posted: 12/13/2009 7:17:08 PM
I don't think there's any trend that babes in general dig ugly guys at all. There are some babes who have a really low self esteem with a unique/abnormal fashion sense that will go out with some guys who are ugly in comparison to her (but not ugly in general), to avoid fear of being dumped or played.

And it depends on what you call babe, and their "demographic", too. But in general, if you go to a standard well-kept bar, of the patrons that fit that mold there, the single "babes" will want good looking guys, period. Of those good looking guys, they'll want guys who aren't lacking in status and have most of their sh!t together..

And of course, a high-status, or notably "popular" guy amongst other ladies will make up for his looks if he's stylish and not "ugly" by everyone else's standards. I think that's what you might see. One strategy for a guy to draw in a girl optimally is to come across as if you are wanted by other ladies... or highly liked by others in general. That gives off the vibe of "good catch", which in the end for some, is what they want.
 sammylg
Msg: 731
Posted: 12/14/2009 7:41:06 AM
^^^^^"I don't think there's any trend that babes in general dig ugly guys at all. "

I agree with you there C-R. I think that most "ugly dude-pretty babe" situations don't happen in one night pickup joints but probably happen over a period of time, where the guy starts as a friend and then moves to the next level.

Since most babes don't date ugly guys, often it is relegated to the friend zone, but there are a few that do "make" it.

It has little to do with money I would say, but more about what the person offers in personality, attitude, abilities, etc.

For example, once, about 10 years ago, I dated a woman several levels prettier than I am because I love to cook and cooked her a meal from one of the Food Network type shows. We went out for 6 months.

Today, with some leftover frozen blueberries I wanted to get rid of, I baked a Blueberry Pie and offered it to the ladies in my office. I had a really good conversation with our office hottie, who often doesn't talk to the guys in the office cause she has office romance issues. I'm not going out with her, but I asked her that we should be friends with a drink after work, and she agreed.

However, I would say that it has less to do with self-esteem (cause many of those go after the bad boy), but being burned so many times by putting looks first, that they decide to go the other route for happiness.
 sammylg
Msg: 732
Posted: 12/14/2009 7:52:16 AM
"Never been impressed by a woman's humor either. Humor seems to be the big thing for women, however, given the choice btw Jessica Alba and Wanda Sykes gues who 100% of guys will pick every single time. "

Well, guys won't go for Wanda because she's an out of the closet lesbian.

And for Jessica Alba, whom I have met in person, she is the sweetest person. Guys may go gaga over her body, but would find her catch due to her nice personality. If she was a controlling biatch, it doesn't matter if you are Jessica Alba or not, you'd be jumping ship!
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 733
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2009 7:55:27 AM
Are we talking pre-baby or post-baby Jessica Alba? There is a big difference.

-8sf8
 YoucancallmeGod
Msg: 734
Posted: 12/14/2009 3:02:08 PM
maybe he has a good personality and treats her right?
seeing as how that's a tad more important.
 Sensibly Sweet
Msg: 735
Posted: 1/26/2010 8:49:09 PM
He was so good looking I called him beautiful!!!!!!

But the more I saw him... the uglier he became.....
 FA780
Msg: 736
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2010 7:32:36 PM
I don't understand this post. Hey ladies, am I ugly? Seriously... I don't get replies in my messages or anything so I was just wandering.
 Mr No Baggage
Msg: 737
Posted: 10/25/2010 11:08:59 AM
I have often been called ugly, and it's a long time since I dated a pretty girl (high school).
On dating sites, I usually get only the very obese, or the elderly sending me messages. So in answer to the question, from my experience, attractive women only date attractive men.
 Minau
Msg: 738
Posted: 10/25/2010 9:45:43 PM
It's because he treats her very well and with respect...they appreciate them and don't take them for granted...who wouldn't want to be with someone who treats them that way
 _Icon_
Msg: 739
Posted: 10/25/2010 11:21:53 PM
Everyone is beautiful to someone.
 Mr No Baggage
Msg: 740
Posted: 10/26/2010 12:55:43 AM
@FA780

I've looked at your profile. I'm a heterosexual guy, but YOU'RE NOT UGLY.

It's an enigma. So join the club of UNANSWERED MESSAGES.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 741
Posted: 10/26/2010 9:53:16 AM

maybe he has a good personality and treats her right?
seeing as how that's a tad more important.

yes and no...

the hotter a person is, the more crap you will put up with....

Im pretty sure if Donald Trump was a manager at wallmart he wouldnt be landing runway models....just saying....
 browneyesboo
Msg: 742
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2010 10:34:12 AM
Translation: How come babes don't dig me?
How come an ugly guy has a girlfriend and I don't?
How come an ugly guy WITH a honda civic has a girl
and I don't and I have a hot car?

Only your personality knows for sure.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 743
Posted: 10/26/2010 10:47:35 AM

Translation: How come babes don't dig me?
How come an ugly guy has a girlfriend and I don't?
How come an ugly guy WITH a honda civic has a girl
and I don't and I have a hot car?

Only your personality knows for sure.

TOTALLY missing the point....

You dont see personality from across the room. I could have the greatest personality a guy could ever have, it doesnt mean I land hott chicks. It just means that IF someone finds me attractive it will improve my chances...

again...Do you think Donald Trump is landing hott chicks because he has a great personality?

If your a male that has money, you have an advantage in the dating world...I know women dont like to hear it, but its the truth.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 744
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2010 12:05:50 PM
No I didn't miss the point at all.
I realize people with hot looks get tossed to the top of the list,
but the fact that some ugly guy has a girl, has NOTHING to do
with why someone else doesn't...it just points out the ugly guy
is apparently better at selling himself..

The question was...why do Babes dig ugly guys.
It's the same reason why good looking guys are sometimes
seen with women other women don't deem attractive enough.
They obviously were selling something someone else wanted to buy.

Trump might be "landing" nice chicks because he's rich, but he sure isn't
keeping them.
 MisterDynomite
Msg: 745
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2010 5:41:52 PM

If your a male that has money, you have an advantage in the dating world...I know women dont like to hear it, but its the truth.

I'd like to argue against this.. but hey......Truth is truth.

Kudos for telling it like it really is.........................

jezebellpgh
Msg: 746
Posted: 10/27/2010 4:11:24 AM
Because the guy treats her like gold, not like sh*t, like you would.
 serenityCW
Msg: 747
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2010 12:22:28 PM
i think ugly is often preferable to shallow, stupid, vacuous, etc. what good is a flashy car, if the man has nothing between the ears. a lot of people w/o a lot of "things" are doing admirable work, are committed partners and often quite better in bed! after all, can't take your car into the bedroom.
 MarriedMommy
Msg: 748
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2010 1:37:36 PM
Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps ugly is just a subjective term? To me Brad Pitt is butt ugly and I wouldn't give him the time of day but lots of women swoon over him.

People have told me that my husband is ugly but that is just their opinion. To me he is absolutely gorgeous.
 _Icon_
Msg: 749
Posted: 10/27/2010 2:22:38 PM

Because the guy treats her like gold, not like sh*t, like you would.

Who is the most likely target for a man's bad behavior?

The same woman who is the most likely a target for a man in general.
 jackfouru
Msg: 750
Posted: 10/27/2010 2:42:45 PM
Here is another fact. . better looking people tend to be the more intelligent and educated people. That is a fact. Part of the reason is smarter and educated people are far more likely to take care of themselves than those not as smart or educated. College educated people are far more health conscious than the guy who dropped out of highschool and drinks beer as his hobby on his off hours.

And intelligence begets intelligence . . generally. Nobody will enter a relationship with a person who does not suit their personality or intelligence requirements. It just doesn't happen. Smart guys will sleep with dumb girls but we won't date them for very long and we sure wouldn't marry them.

And there is something else in the genetic makeup . . I believe, which bequeaths good looks on the more intelligent. Has something to do with if you get good genes, you are getting good genes for everything . . from health to physical appearance to intelligence.

Now granted beautiful women don't always date beautiful guys, but its rare when you see a beautiful woman with an ugly guy or vice versa. It simply does not happen very often, unless you are somebody like Mike Tyson and Givens.

Anyway, going back to the OP, that was a question assuming facts which really are not very true except in unusual situations. Most people find people that are more or less their equals. That is what my fifty five years of living has shown me and taught me.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do Babes dig ugly guys?