Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > What one flaw would you NOT want your potential mate to have???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 susu_1wa
Msg: 26
What one flaw would you NOT want your potential mate to have???Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Seriously Irish? What if she was so hot you could cook pancakes on her Beyonce looking bootie, would you throw her out of bed for listening to rap?
 Obsidian71
Msg: 27
What one flaw would you NOT want your potential mate to have???
Posted: 7/22/2008 5:19:15 PM

What if she was so hot you could cook pancakes on her Beyonce looking bootie, would you throw her out of bed for listening to rap?

She could always come my way. I could learn to love her rap. LOL
 Raqitbalguy
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/27/2008 1:14:39 AM
Schoozer,
A smoker is a deal breaker. This leads to hygiene issues...ie: Bad breath, yellow teeth, the stench of smoke on her clothes and hair, not to mention car and whatever dwelling she may reside in
Drugs is another filthy habit, ranks right up there with not showering before going to bed, and not taking off shoes before entering the house.
I know you wanted one habit, I think all of those fall into the hygiene category..your thoughts.....
 footballgirl79
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2008 8:42:54 AM
So as I was reading this I had to agree with about 98% of what was being said, (I smoke so that one isn't a huge deal) although I agree with not reaking of cigarette smells. But a couple things came to mind. 1) people who bathe in cologne/perfume, I don't care how expensive it is, it smells like crap when you use the whole bottle. and the next is going to sound really shallow but it's what is important to me is someone who tells you how healthy they are and what good shape they're in then when you meet, they need a cane to cross the parking lot to the restaurant where you're supposed to meet, oh and did I mention he showed up half an hour late? The only hand I need to hold while crossing the street at this time is my son's, not my dates.
 Raqitbalguy
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/27/2008 9:35:32 AM
Football,
yeah, that one is called false advertising. This is why I email and IM a couple of times, so I can get an idea as to whether or not the profile is legit. I would like to see a couple of extra pictures as well. I will do the same. when asked. Usually people who do this have something to hide, but it ruins the whole online dating experience...
 footballgirl79
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2008 9:43:28 AM
I did see a picture actually several. What got me was sitting in my car for 30 minutes and then watching him walk across the parking lot. Not my best moment but I simply left. I may not be in the best physical shape, but I'm getting there, and yes my butt can haul around the bases. LOL. If he can't run faster than me, I'm done.
 Raqitbalguy
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/27/2008 9:49:40 AM
Football,
Maybe the guy hurt his back or sprained his ankle? But if there is no resemblence to the picture and profile, yes that would disappointing. Besides, you waited 30 minutes, so you can use this as you reasoning in the event he contacts you again?
 footballgirl79
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2008 9:59:47 AM
LOL I did, oh and did I mention it was my birthday dinner?
 susu_1wa
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/27/2008 10:43:43 AM
Girl, I would definately rethink who I chose to spend my birthday dinners with. A long time ago, I decided that birthday dinners and other special occasions are for the tried and true friends. Obviously, unless he had an excuse like he got lost or lots of traffic, there is no reason to be late on a first date.
 footballgirl79
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2008 11:02:19 AM
You're absolutely right. One of the downfalls of having a b-day near a holiday is things come up. But, that's besides the point. Not being punctual is a flaw I don't appreciate.
 JiraiyaNoSannin
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2008 12:13:50 PM
I'd also have to say being flaky is a huge turn-off. Respecting one another enough to value time and/or effort is essential to any good relationship.

And my eventual mate must have intelligence! I need to be able to hold a conversation with you, and even if we don't agree, we've got to be able to at least comprehend what our other half is saying.

Also... I would not want her to be anything like Beyonce. For God's sake, will someone get that woman OUT of the public scene and off my radio? Hasn't anyone ever heard the word "overexposed?" Britney's just as bad, but at least I'm not hearing one of her songs on the local radio station fifteen times a day for a nine month stretch. Give me Colbie Calais. Give me Michelle Branch (pre-The Wreckers... how right that moniker was! Completely wrecked her career). Give me anyone but Beyonce!
 SummerWheatley
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/27/2008 1:27:37 PM
^^^^Considering you're the extreme polar opposite of Jay-Z in probably every respect, I don't think you have anything to worry about!
 JiraiyaNoSannin
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2008 2:39:41 PM
Thank God for small favors, neh?
 uhha
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 6:14:06 PM
always complaining about things and yet doing nothing about it, shallow.
 cathyq
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/1/2008 7:57:37 AM
I agree with Obsidian also

lying too

disrespect to others

and I personally am really healthy so I dont meet or mess with men who are not into health.. I didnt take good care of myself to be a nursemaid to another.. it does however make some men mad that i have made this choice.
 Khamya
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2008 9:40:51 AM

it does however make some men mad that i have made this choice.
I've heard an elderly man in an argument upset at his doctor for proposing therapy to help him walk and to not need his wheelchair. The guy was shouting that he's an old man and he earned the right to be taken care of and how dare the doctor try to make him healthy and take that away from him.
 Austins_Dad
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/1/2008 10:10:22 AM
Hey, I'll add to this one. She can't be married. Not sure if that is considered a "flaw" but, the last woman I met was married and still living with her husband. I was seriously confused.

I am a stickler for punctuality also. Other than that ... pretty much open. As long as she doesn't require me to do the things I don't like doing (eating peanut butter) then it's fine.
 SummerWheatley
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/1/2008 11:54:42 AM
Being married could be considered a flaw in the context of staying married for the wrong reasons. Regardless, infidelity is a huge character flaw and something I won't spend any time dealing with. I'm not sure how being married and cheating is confusing.

The flaw I've encountered most often with dating single men in my age group is their list of lofty expectations for "the one". I keep hearing about all the C's....Chemistry (great sex), Compatibility, Communication, Commitment, etc. Add to that, successful, thin/athletic, gorgeous, articulate, and in some cases even more requirements. All of these qualities must be fully and immediately present or the woman's in danger of being "nexted" while he keeps looking for the next big score.

The guys I've met with lists like this usually have many of these qualities themselves but not all of them. Yet they feel they'd be "settling" if the woman doesn't meet ALL of their requirements. Some of them also spend a lot of time idolizing gorgeous TV and movie stars, and I'm talking about average to slightly above average MEN who are over 40, as if that's what their sights are set on.

A lot of times these lists are created as a cover for commitment-phobia, which is yet another flaw I'm still learning to avoid. Before I get flamed for having my own list in my profile please notice that the list is relatively short and the only requirement is monogamy.
 serebral
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2008 12:18:21 PM
I steer clear of the bitter, cynical, jaded man-haters (not mentioning any names here).
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/1/2008 12:30:53 PM
Heh heh heh, Serebral ;)

SummerWheatley
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/1/2008 12:45:51 PM
Serebral~ if you're referring to me, you are way off the mark. If my post struck a chord with you that inspired the name-calling, it's uncalled for. My post was not directed toward you or anyone else in this forum. BTW, your posts don't typically come across as the nice guy all the girls are looking for either.

I don't mind if you have a counter argument as long as it's done maturely.
 vaxplant
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/1/2008 2:00:34 PM
Having actually met Ms Allison at a couple of M&Gs, and also having spent some quality time with her on the phone, I can attest to the fact that she's not a man hater. :)

That, and she's articulate, witty, and not hateful on the eyebals.
 JiraiyaNoSannin
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2008 3:01:41 PM
From what I've seen, I wouldn't characterize Veronica as a man-hater either. Granted, her debates can appear less than gentle, but she can't be faulted for calling things as she sees them. I have that same characteristic, myself, and though we're probably likely to disagree on some points, I can at least give her credit for being upfront, honest, and for the most part, respectful (I say this because I haven't seen her every argument, therefore I cannot attest to all of them being so).

Granted, her earlier remark about me not quite being Jay-Z material was probably not meant as a compliment (I'll take it as one anyway!), but she was merely being honest. That's the closest thing I've seen to "man-hating" out of her, and if that's the worst she's got, I'll take that over some that I've seen any day.

If that's not what you were implying though, please don't take this post personally. I haven't seen anything from you to dislike, either.
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/1/2008 3:39:15 PM
It would never occur to me that he was referring to pretty Veronica

Childlike Wonder
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/1/2008 6:03:31 PM
Veronica, maybe it's because I don't get very far with the guys who have huge lists, but it hasn't been my experience at all. Have I met a few jerks? Well sure if you'd like to call it that. Mostly it's been confusion on their part (ie: thinking I'm going to have sex with them just because we had a few laughs over dinner). I've met nice guys who I've ended up walking away from because we just don't have the kind of sparks it takes to make a go of things. I do skew the results a bit though. I don't have my best pictures showing because I'd rather not date someone who is totally focused on the superficial.
Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > What one flaw would you NOT want your potential mate to have???