Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > What one flaw would you NOT want your potential mate to have???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 footballgirl79
Msg: 76
view profile
History
What one flaw would you NOT want your potential mate to have???Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
well vilanous laugh or group hug, better than being a bitter pain in the butt isn't it?
 tanzanite99901
Msg: 77
What one flaw would you NOT want your potential mate to have???
Posted: 8/11/2008 8:54:35 PM
Well, I have a story that fits with this topic of flaws. I actually forgot about it (I tried and tried and I finally forgot the experience) but the guy just tried to pop back into my inbox. I went one one date with a guy from here. ONE date. We were on this ONE date and had a good time eating. We decided to go to a movie afterwards. We were there a bit early and so we were talking and stuff. He was making some obscene comments and being really loud, but I overlooked that. The HUGE flaw that I could not get over was this....I got up to go to the restroom before the movie and this guy SMACKED my a$$! That did it for me. From that moment on, I was done. Good thing it was a good movie, cuz I got to ignore him. Who in their right mind would actually think it's OKAY to do that!?! You don't know me, what gives you the right to touch me? That is one flaw I can NOT deal with.
 footballgirl79
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 6:12:31 PM
wow a literal pain in the butt. Please tell me you yanked him outta his chair and had him removed from the theater. I'm not sure if my temper would reign in on that one.
 tanzanite99901
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/12/2008 7:27:08 PM
no...I wanted to see the movie..so I went to the restroom and calmed myself down...then sat down and ignored him. Said thank you for the evening and went my way. lol
 vaxplant
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/14/2008 2:56:36 PM
Well, there's touching, and then there's TOUCHING. A pat on the butt is pretty much out of bounds on a first date (unless of course the other party makes it pretty damn clear it's expected/desired).

I think the real issue you had was with inappropriate comments/touching.
 tanzanite99901
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/14/2008 3:37:48 PM
it was a spanking....so yes, the inappropriate touch is what I had issues with.
 redhair lady
Msg: 82
Posted: 8/16/2008 8:58:39 AM
To me, personal hygiene is VERY important. I was with this man for almost four months and his lack of cleanliness left a lot to be desired. When I would talk with him about this issue, he would tell me he didn't have a problem with being dirty. Well, I did and do and I said goodbye.
 susu_1wa
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2008 10:53:19 AM
Redhaired lady, why did it take four months to give him the boot. If you have a problem with hygiene, which most of us do, why did you wait so long?
 kissable0325
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/16/2008 10:59:13 AM
What would be a deal breaker for you if your potential mate had that one major flaw ???

The one flaw I can't put up with is a lack of passion for anything in their lives. And I'm not talking about sex here folks. I'm talking about life in general. If a woman has nothing in her life that she is passionate about, I'm outta there. And I seem to meet quite a few of them. About the only thing some of them seem to be passionate about is bi**ing about their jobs, or their kids, or their exes, or their lack of a perfect body, or whatever.
 seattle_rob
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2008 4:45:48 PM
On the physical side, I'd have to go with bad dental hygiene as well. That's a huge no no. I've got a sonicare toothbrush, plenty of floss, and Listerine. I use those items every day. It's important!

From a personality standpoint, high maintenance are two horrible words when used together.
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/17/2008 12:40:29 AM
Yes, no snaggly teeth or bad breath. And judging from the rudeness and stupidity of the men here - no swingers!!!!!

SummerWheatley
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/17/2008 11:17:42 AM
I agree Fleur, swinging and/or poly (etc.) lifestyles is okay for other people but a definite deal breaker for me. I also have no interest in S&M, which seems to be a fairly common interest for guys my age an older on this site. Is it just me or does it seem like the older some men get, the freakier (sexually) they get?
 newtowa1968
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/17/2008 12:20:59 PM

I agree Fleur, swinging and/or poly (etc.) lifestyles is okay for other people but a definite deal breaker for me. I also have no interest in S&M, which seems to be a fairly common interest for guys my age an older on this site. Is it just me or does it seem like the older some men get, the freakier (sexually) they get?

To each their own. Just because it's not your taste doesn't mean their aren't women out there that aren't interested and eagerly looking for Men who are "freaky"..

Everyone has their own personal likes and dislikes but generally speaking I think health (emotional and physical), hygiene and good communication are generally common expectations.

As for what people like behind closed doors is specific to the couple and will vary.

I'm not into Poly and don't entirely understand it but if that works for others, and doesn't impact me, my life or hurt others in the process, then who am I to judge.

Thinking about it though.. Those who claim something is a flaw because "they" specifically don't like it seems pretty narcissistic (Flaw).

I could say that it's fairly common for for women on this site to be passive aggressive but that wouldn't be fair, would it?

so yeah.. It's just you..
 SummerWheatley
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/17/2008 12:23:16 PM
As I said earlier, "it's okay for other people". You're looking for an argument and I'm in too good of a mood this morning to play along....maybe some other time!
 newtowa1968
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/17/2008 2:02:37 PM

You're looking for an argument

A shame you see a discussion defined that way.. Oh well..
Least I scored a hug out of it..
 footballgirl79
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 3:35:02 PM
Careful, remember hugs on forums make Vax, puke, or maybe it's just when I'm the one doing it.
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/17/2008 3:46:48 PM
I knew you were too classy to be into any of that, Veronica

In the discussions here if you happen to put it down, the male swingers get really offensive and name call and such

Just reinforces my distaste for that kind

vaxplant
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/17/2008 4:10:10 PM
LOL
No it's not just when you do it, and there's nothing wrong with a bit of "kiss and make up." :)
I was being sarcastic though. ;)
 DCarrera
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 8:18:11 PM
What would I NOT like to see in a potential mate (or even anyone I buy a meal for quite honestly).

Drug user.

Smoker.

Unable to manage money.

Liar.

Obese.
 yoodle
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 11:30:35 PM
Lying is probably the biggest psychological hit.

Problems with hygiene, spending, or addictions makes for no attraction in the first place and therefore there was no deal to begin with.

I have often found attitudes about spending, about "social status" to be hardwired to spending habits--and a worse habit: lying. When someone has unaddressed issues, those issues can be so intermingled someone's social function that a stranger can only dr0p back to self-preservation....
 HALEY4U
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/2/2008 9:56:38 AM
there's nothing attractive about a person that you can see what they ate for and entire week cause it's still on their teeth...yuck
 jmim
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2008 11:30:20 PM
No... Thats not shallow....
Because hygiene is something someone has control over.

Shallow is...
Not dating short guys.
Or not dating flat chested women.

I am short. And I am shallow.
 austingrl
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 9:44:29 PM
One? I have to pick one?

Hygiene - dental and/or otherwise! If "parts" of you are stinky - I don't want anywhere near them. Bathe, wash ALL the cracks and crevices, including the ones between your teeth and your toes.

Abusive history - yeah. I have worked with perpetrators and victims at work and can pick out a controller in a minute. No second date for you, sorry.

Addiction - can't deal with it. I don't wanna work while I date. I'm glad people are in recovery and working on things, but thats just not who I want to date.

Filthy house/car - my guess is that if your house or car are filthy, have a carpet of animal hair or don't smell very good, then neither do you, sooooooo (refer to #1 above)
Thats about it for me - as if that's not enough!
 fstwrtr
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/21/2008 8:22:39 AM
Deal Breakers:

Justifying a smoking habit.
Justifying a weight problem.
Animal hater.
Hygiene problem.
Bi- polar
too many marriages.
never married.
"Victims"
A past with drugs.
Believing they need Alcoholics anonymous.
Poor money management
Religious zealots.
Atheists

Pick a flaw!

Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/21/2008 2:16:13 PM
Hi Writer, long time no see

oops, I've never married - guess that means I'm one of the dreaded undesirables

Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > What one flaw would you NOT want your potential mate to have???