Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why would anyone want to date you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 xShaggsterx
Msg: 251
Why would anyone want to date you?Page 11 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Because I'm Shaggy...damn!!!
 retexan599
Msg: 252
Why would anyone want to date you?
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:12:08 PM
Available
Live within reasonable driving distance
Financially independent
Clean-cut
Intelligent, Well Read
Courteous gentleman with time for her
Tall
Non-Smoker
Upbeat
Good Listener & Articulate

Some of this reminds me of the used car advertisement which describes the main feature of the car as: "Has good motor"
 SDCntyCowboy
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:32:04 PM
Well, let's see:

I'm 6'4" (most women want tall)
I'm in good shape for my age
I don't look my age
I'm intelligent
I'm witty/funny
I'm outgoing
I'm kind & considerate
I am a gentleman
Last week a lady near my age asked "why do you have to be so damn good looking?
I don't smoke or do drugs (deal-breakers for many)
I don't have any alimony or support payments
I don't have any two-legged kids (mine are all hairy with four legs)
I love animals and have horses and dogs
I love the ocean.
I can skipper a powerboat or a sailboat up to about 30' long
I enjoy a quiet night cuddling on the couch watching a movie (or maybe just hearing it)
I can cook things that don't involve a barbecue
I look & act younger than my age
I dance...even when I'm cold sober
I'm not too serious about life. S*** happens. Get over it!
When S*** happens, I try to find a way to laugh at it.
 wildeyes80
Msg: 254
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:51:02 PM
Sincereity, genuine, honest, faithful. (Definitely booksmart as well, even though I hate admitting I'm a nerd lol) I smile and laugh alot and it boils down to the simple fact that I love life, and I am proud of who I am. I am confident, and I don't care to compare myself to other women because I like the genetics that have made me unique. There is only one me. I keep a positive attitude, and I'm real as well as drama free. I'd say all that is in a nutshell....I'm dateable to the man who thinks he'd want something to likes of myself. I'll keep fishing in here til he bites!! lol

Posted: 8/21/2008 7:39:53 PM
I would say it's my rugged good looks but I would be lying to myself. Nope, I would say that it's because I can deflect lightning bolts with my forearms.

Can any guys you've dated say that? *crickets*

That's what I thought. Count it. WHOOOOO
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 9:11:44 PM

"Don't need a man to take care of me and don't want one."

Hmmm. I kinda want a man to take care of me...and I wanna take care of him. Why date me?
I'm warm, attractive, entillegent
give a mean footrub and will laugh at your jokes.
 sparkleanddfade
Msg: 257
Posted: 8/21/2008 9:47:57 PM
dating me = free meal.

only compelling reason i can give.
 giggleparts
Msg: 258
Posted: 8/21/2008 10:25:52 PM

dating me = free meal.

only compelling reason i can give.

Don't knock a good meal... it can make all the difference.

Plus, you could take on a 'Charles In Charge' kind of role.... Remember? Remember Charles? There is a new boy in the neighborhood... he lives down stairs, and it's understood He's there just to take good care of me... like he's one of the family....He was in charge... of your wrongs and your rights... and your days and your nights... Remember? I do.

That shit is creepy... and I used to watch it... before I understood shame... then I became a man and I didn't like the idea of Charles being in charge... not at all.

These kind of backroom shenanigans are why nobody would want me... but, you have a chance... take it.... run with it.... be one with it... get out there and be somebody, before it's too late and you end up a poor man's Charles... like that other guy who played his buddy... nobody even remember him... don't be that guy.

the giggleparts - Damn you Scott Baio... damn you.
 Flakk
Msg: 259
Posted: 8/22/2008 1:18:46 AM
I like these questions!

Lets see.............

Unless she likes a guy who is completely free, she wont like me. I have my own money, my own job, I have a future and a retierment to plan out and that plan (at the moment) doesn't include a female. why? Because there isn't one in my life. I go where I want, when I want, and do what I want how I want.

when I say I'm honest, I dont mean that I wont lie to you. I mean I wont lie to you about anything. You get my full undiluted thoughts every time, and the tougher the questions that I'm asked the less people like the answers.

I dont say things to be diliberatly insulting or mean. I say what I think and feel and if offense is your reaction then I accept that.

would you really want a guy that takes care of his own business and is open and honest with you? even now knowing what that implies? More that likely the answer is no. hence why i'm still single. An honest and independant man is not a desierable thing.
 prairiechick2
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 12:37:08 AM
Quoted by flakk; "would you really want a guy that takes care of his own business and is open and honest with you? even now knowing what that implies? More that likely the answer is no. hence why i'm still single. An honest and independant man is not a desierable thing"

Actually an honest and independent man is definitely desirable. An arrogant man isn't desirable, which may be the reason why you are still single.
 ~AShootingStar~
Msg: 261
Posted: 8/23/2008 12:52:05 AM
Once again after reading many womens' posts' on here; the word 'vanity' comes
to mind! Get real ! you have taken this opportunity in vain, to possibly
get a date!

be good sports and 'Tell it like it is'
 GEOSCH
Msg: 262
Posted: 8/23/2008 11:51:15 AM
Prairechick2 women dont go for the nice guys they want the bad boys. They want the guys with the hard bodies. They dont want the guy that sends flowers at work , calls to just hear there voice, who knows how to cook, who will help clean house, who is honest to them, who is a nice guy.
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:30:02 PM

women dont go for the nice guys they want the bad boys. They want the guys with the hard bodies. They dont want the guy that sends flowers at work , calls to just hear there voice, who knows how to cook, who will help clean house, who is honest to them, who is a nice guy.

Oh go cry in your borscht! Women DO want nice guys, but they want guys with gumption. Look it up.
 Snakewhisperer
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:38:00 PM
Isn't this what the profile is for? BTW, what is a trick pelvis?
 cw35
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:44:30 PM
It doesn't matter why anyone would date me. I need to know why I should date someone. I don't jump through hoops like a dog begging people to like me. Seems kind of degrading to have to "prove" yourself if you ask me.
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:44:49 PM
4 reasons,
women, money, fame, women. wait, sorry thats Dr. Cox's reason people become doctors.

Ok, for real

I am:

Awesome
charismatic
easy to get along with
funny
nice
not old and creepy
I don't have sex with bears
and I don't want to punchasize your face

packerman718
Msg: 267
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:57:27 PM
I'm family-oriented
I like to have fun!
I only drink on my birthday!
I'm a hard worker!
I have a vehicle!
I enjoy conversation!
I'm confident!
...............you know, this sounds like a job application......
 1Special Lady
Msg: 268
Posted: 8/24/2008 8:02:42 PM
Because I am who I am, in all my glory!!! THAT'S WHY!!
 Chocolatebrowne
Msg: 269
Posted: 8/24/2008 8:59:31 PM
Because I'm funny, feisty, honest, loyal, sweet, petite, and make the best macaroni and cheese in the world!
 mark-hull
Msg: 270
Posted: 8/25/2008 12:12:03 AM
I was told that I am very confident, easy to talk to, have a nice body, am very sweet, kind and generous and that I am a good kisser. She still dumped me though...
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 271
Posted: 8/25/2008 12:47:09 AM
I have no idea because they'd be asking for trouble if they did...................
 Rhamphoryncus
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 1:05:53 AM

Oh go cry in your borscht! Women DO want nice guys, but they want guys with gumption. Look it up.

So not bad, just "aggressive"? I think you mostly proved his point.

Being that I'm not that sort of guy, I'm pretty jaded too. Not that it'll stop me though — life's too miserable without hope, and I'd hardly be the first guy to violate the "bad boys get the girl" stereotype.
 animation303
Msg: 273
view profile
History
re: Why would anyone want to date you?
Posted: 8/25/2008 6:59:35 AM
usually its more me thinking why nobody will date me.

I get told I'm too unique, too much of a freak.. etc... never been called ugly, never really been called on anything physically wrong with me, just get told that I should change to suit the norm.

So its either stay being me, and stay single until I eventually find someone as f'cked up as me, or change into someone I'm not and only have a slightly higher chance of finding a date....

either way, I'm screwed.
 LongLegs11
Msg: 274
Posted: 8/25/2008 7:12:21 AM
haha i love this question and it seems everyone is having fun answering it. I think people would want to date me because i'm me, not in a vein way but unique, you can take me or leave me and i wont be hung up. I like to think i'm funny, outgoing, interesting and abit mysterious at times. If you dont want to date me i won't be getting depressed and think thats the end, as my mum says... when one door shuts, keep your eyes open cause there's another one about to open somewhere, things happen for a reason!! so, just keep on trucking guys!!!
 OurLastFirstDate
Msg: 275
Because.....
Posted: 8/25/2008 7:25:16 AM
.... I am a great all around guy,
I am funny (not looking)
I listen and respond.
I am loyal, loving, thoughtful, helpful, handy
I have self respect, goal oriented, respect for others
I seek a life partner, not a one night bed-mate.

You would be treated like a lady, a partner, a best friend
You would enjoy hanging at the lakehouse doing nothing or partying.
You would enjoy me as I would you (not in that way, well........lol)
Thanks for the question
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why would anyone want to date you?