Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why would anyone want to date you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dark_nation
Msg: 76
Why would anyone want to date you?Page 4 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
1) I want to entertain you. I play a great guitar, I enjoy singing (on the last two, I know TONS of 80's songs), I'm funny, I do impressions and voices. Even if it doesn't work out, you're probably going to have a good time with me.

2) I'm a good listener. I think I'm an excellent listener, but I'll try to keep my superlatives in check whilst discussing myself. People have always felt comfortable discussing issues with me.

3) I'm not a tribalist, I'm an independent. I'm a conservative but I don't automatically agree with conservatives just because they're usually in my camp. I think it is better to break ranks when called for.

Those are my top three attributes. I could go on. :D
 godliketoaster
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Why would anyone want to date you?
Posted: 7/17/2008 10:43:16 PM
Someone would want to date me because they want to be with someone who is a hard worker, honest, faithful and just overall awesome person.

Hmm... I feel like a cocky bugger saying that...
 Green Eyes In Florida
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 11:01:54 PM
LOL Naughtical...
ISN'T IT OBVIOUS?

Ha Ha..Just kidding...LOL......or am I?

~~Beth~~

NO, seriously...I'll have to contemplate this one and get back to you.
 SAIUN
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/18/2008 1:16:08 AM

And here we have the root of my self-esteem issues. Well spotted, OP!
 bigpaul5
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/18/2008 1:33:44 AM
Because I am erudite, witty, entertaining, well read, and I smell like sugar cookies.

Also because I can cook lasagna, pad thai, pot roast, coq au vin, and an outstanding macadamia sweet potato casserole.

Or I can order a meal in French. Zut, alors.
 platypus_man
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:18:28 AM

Gee, I get enough of that question elsewhere, or I wouldn't be here.
Lots of good qualities (good job, smart, kind, easy going, nice but able to 'lead' well, etc. etc..), but unfortunately the crossdressing thing kind of cancels it all out. Women can't get past that.
 sky dragon
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/18/2008 5:30:43 AM
Because I'm a crack up and make people laugh, they always have fun with me and we do crazy things together, unusual things- not what society dictates or what we have been conditioned to as acceptable behaviour.

I make older people feel young in my presence

I am the pied piper when I am around children and we get into trouble

I have a beautiful smile

I'm not drop dead gorgeous but I think I am Ok in the looks department, but my greatest assett is my heart 24/7

I share my chocolates- well some of the time

I don't talk negatively about anyone- well except sleazy men.

I am the type of girl that you would want to take home to meet your mum- and then I can corrupt her (nah kidding)

I can be a lady in public and I can be a cheeky girl behind closed doors with the right man of course

I don't screw around and am very loyal

The list is endless
Most importantly I live my life the way God would expect me to 7 days a week.

strollinbella
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/18/2008 5:50:50 AM
This is what I am told on an almost daily basis, so there must be some truth to it.

I am:
intelligent
loving
caring
funny
respectful
a good listener
very social
trustworthy
compassionate
spontaneous
affectionate
and I have a smile that would bring sunshine to your life
 ripley65
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/18/2008 6:13:53 AM

~Im fun and like to have fun (ill admit, i can be a wee bit on the immature side for my age lol)
~ very good listener
~ loyal to a fault!
~ keep a clean house, neat yard, and can cook
~ tho im not a big sports fan, i love boxing and will sit and watch with a man for hours
~ love animals
~ love the outdoors
~ spontaneous
~ affectionate
~ compassionate
~ have a job, car and my own house
~ dont do drugs (including pot)
~ good hearted person
~ polite

Ive been single for longer than i care to admit! All of those good attributes ( i think they are!) does not make up for lack of good looks and a thin body unfortunately. :(
 abelian
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:29:05 AM

Seriously, why?
Have you ever thought about it?

Has anyone NOT thought about it?

Right now, I doubt anyone would, since I'm not interested in putting the time into dating that would be required to date. In more normal circumstances, it is probably easier to list the reasons someone wouldn't want to date me. (1) I don't look like Brad Pitt. (2) I don't have his money, either, (3) I can be a real pain in the a$$ when people do things without thinking, (4) I'm less willing than most to deal with things like being late unless a catastrophic event makes being late reasonable, (5) I've gotten past any possiblity of being manipulated by sex. I'll hire a pro before I date someone who uses sex as a bardaining chip. (6) I don't date people who can't deal with spending lots of time together or who can't for one reason or another. I'm sure there are a few more in there somewhere. Other than that. I'm probably a godsend.
 Son Shine
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:38:36 AM
1) I have a great sense of humour ( not everyone may get it/appreciate it but hey, not everyone likes Robin Williams - myself included...I prefer him in movies, but I digress )

2) I believe in communicating

3 ) I'm sweet and affectionate

4 ) I'm a very giving/unselfish lover
 Naughtical
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/18/2008 11:24:29 AM
Beth: Of course it's obvious...but guys can't tell what a good cook you are just by looking at you.

Niceguy: Anyone who likes the #24 is datable (is that a word) in my book. Shoes are just a bonus.

Sky Dragon: If I were a guy I would date you in a heartbeat.

Ripley: Your bottom line is sad but true in too many cases. Thank God that not all men are shallow. (and yes, I know there are shallow women, too)

Kimbo: Too funny!!!

Too many good posts have been made to comment on every one, thanks for posting.
Those with negative attitudes may need to take some time to wonder if it is shadowing all your good attributes. It's worth a thought.
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 11:43:08 AM
Because I have a really cool hotwheel collection? (stay away, it's mine, mine, all mine)
Because they get to feel superior when they reach down and pet my head?
Because no matter where we go they will always know right where I am (shiny heads stick out in a crowd)?
Because they really do like that feeling they get when their side hurts from laughing during sex?
Because my cat says they can ... and of course he also relayed that the spirits in the house need someone new to pick on?
 Shades78
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/18/2008 2:26:33 PM
Take me, for instance:
I don't chew with my mouth open.
If I fall asleep at a movie, I don't snore.
I wear shoes on most dates.

I’m a very messy eater…....watch me with those chili cheese hotdogs
I don’t fall asleep at movies…..I tend to throw popcorn on the couples below the balcony……sooooo much fun
And my gosh if people try to put shoes on me…….I dislike those contraptions with a vengeance…..

………………No wonder I’m such a horrible date
 12 Black Rainbows
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:00:36 PM
Beats me...

EuroTrash1967
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:33:12 PM
I make everyone around me laugh, I am charismatic with anyone I know even in awkward social settings.

All my friends are older than me and I feel I am slightly more mature than my numbered age. I have alot of female friends who are very open talking about everything from relationships to shopping so I feel I have a leg up on some guys.

I am not into one night stands and actually had a 5 year relationship so I've picked up quite a few little things that make a relationship great.

I am good with money and drink only very socially and never get slammed drunk.
 _Icon_
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/18/2008 4:50:58 PM
I can recite all 50 states in alphabetical order from memory!
 prairiechick2
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 5:01:24 PM
Quoted by Translation; " Nothing. Fantastic isn’t it? I have nothing to offer."

Translation, I don't think that's true at all. You are an attractive man. So you have your looks and I'm sure you have other good qualities some women are looking for.
 shempster
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/18/2008 5:02:35 PM
I've tried to find some good grounds and have a few. I am a good listener, I can come off as funny unintentionally, and I am beyound honest on some fronts always need to hold something back or else you will have nothing to talk about.
 AnjelRocker
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 5:05:47 PM
Meh... Ask the guy in Baltimore who wants to marry me...
 Tella
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Good Question?
Posted: 7/18/2008 5:13:00 PM
Maibe because I have a sexy Italian acent, I am smart, I am funny, I like good wine and I am a good Artist LOL
 Sweethang100
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/18/2008 5:22:26 PM
Because I'm not only completely honest with myself, I'm also completely honest with my significant other. Because I still believe in a woman being a woman, even if other women 'claim' to prefer to act like a man. ;) Because I believe in not making guys guess.
 yotslot
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/18/2008 6:02:49 PM
because my mom says I'm handsome !!!!
 Translation
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 6:21:22 PM

Translation, I don't think that's true at all. You are an attractive man. So you have your looks and I'm sure you have other good qualities some women are looking for.

I dunno about that. I am boring. And the thing is, I like being boring. I like being casual in everything that I do. I don’t go to events, any of them. I have social anxiety, which means that if I am dealing with more than one person, I panic; if there is a crowd, holy crap, talk about tension headaches, literally, headaches; which also means that I spend most of my time alone.

Most women don’t like that. Even most profiles that I read, most women seem to want Mr. Outandaboutandindependent.

I did have one positive relationship once. We did everything together and spent all of our time as just the two of us. That was friggin awesome. If we went to a sports bar, restaurant, shopping, or even tourist areas, we went on off hours and off days where it was mostly just the two of us enjoying what life has to offer. Minus most other people. But most of our time was spent at home laughing and crying and talking and staring off into the distance together. Saturday mornings with our coffee, curled up together watching our shows. Massages in the evening. Falling asleep with the breath of the other.

Yeah, it’s kinda hard to find a woman like that. So I sit here alone.
 Momarks
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/18/2008 7:19:28 PM
They really shouldn't.
If they knew better, they'd stay away.
I am emotionally distant.
I am so atypically male that it isn't funny. but still i laugh.
I am so typically male that it isn't funny. but still i laugh.
I do too many other things.
I don't have much time for them.
I often won't make time for just anyone.
I am far too weird for most women.
I am completely uninterested in chasing anyone.
I am perfectly happy being alone as i am rarely lonely.
Having said that, i am perfectly happy reflecting on a sad moment.
If I were a woman ( and many believe that I am or perhaps WAS ) I wouldn't date me.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why would anyone want to date you?