Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > What do men want ????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justme-2u
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What do men want ???? Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Romanticoptimist....Soooooooooooooooooo true.....and well put as usual!! :)

If you have an old picture (or one of your cuter brother/sister or friend) you're much more likelier to experience a "WTF???" look at the first coffee meeting followed by no call back. Take the silence personal. It's because you're dishonest!
If your profile is poorly written and cluttered with errors and difficult to read because of sloppy writing, spelling, grammar, and an inability to communicate simple thoughts and ideas, it's going to be much less interesting than one that has been well thought out and well-written.

Ultimately, we ALL want the same thing, love, respect, companionship, support, intimacy.... and it is undeniable that the packaging counts initially!!

Just like going to the market...you don't go blindfolded and aimlessly throw things in your cart do you? No, you go there with a list or at least an idea of what you want... then you selectively choose based on your experience, your likes, dislikes and the condition of the product, you are not going to pick a peck of pickled peas if you hate peas!! (personally I hate peas!) No peas in my basket baby!! You read labels to make sure the contents are what you want.... if you want a mild salsa and you come home and you have accidentally bought "smokin' hawt" jalepeno marmalade due to miss labeling....you are going to be p*ssed off right?

In order to be successful in this internet dating world I think you have to be upfront on everything.....who you are and what you want....

passionandsong
Msg: 27
view profile
History
What do men want ????
Posted: 7/20/2008 12:52:21 PM
Ultimately, we ALL want the same thing, love, respect, companionship, support, intimacy.... and it is undeniable that the packaging counts initially!!

Just like going to the market...you don't go blindfolded and aimlessly throw things in your cart do you? No, you go there with a list or at least an idea of what you want... then you selectively choose based on your experience, your likes, dislikes and the condition of the product, you are not going to pick a peck of pickled peas if you hate peas!! (personally I hate peas!) No peas in my basket baby!! You read labels to make sure the contents are what you want.... if you want a mild salsa and you come home and you have accidentally bought "smokin' hawt" jalepeno marmalade due to miss labeling....you are going to be p*ssed off right?

In order to be successful in this internet dating world I think you have to be upfront on everything.....who you are and what you want....

ahhh yes,but what if you shop on e-bay.you are not going to get all people to be honest.there are ways to find the honest ones though.the way i explained before,is the way i found to be best.
 romanticoptimist
Msg: 28
What do men want ????
Posted: 7/20/2008 1:11:42 PM

And I think it's both fair, fine, and healthy to want those things, to expect those things, from others. I think the Golden Rule applies well here -- you tend to draw to you those who treat you like you treat others, and when they don't you do better to apply your reasonable expectations instead of trying to figure out if he/she will change and be a better person if only you were more patient, more forgiving, more understanding -- there are no healthy "fixer uppers" in the dating world!

I really enjoyed the market analogy. And I'd add a gardening one, that you reap what you sow. No sensible person can expect to sow dishonesty and mind games and reaps a healthy relationship. Nobody who plants a negative image reaps a positive relationship. Nobody who doesn't know how to love themselves and accepts themselves can reasonably expect a stranger to do so.

Agreed. And the real obvious beauty of this is that if you are you then you don't have to struggle to be anyone else. And if someone isn't into you it's fine. "They're just not into you". There's no negative in that. It's a simple fact. And wouldn't it be wonderful if you were youand someone came along and said, "I really love you (and not someone you were trying to be or pretending to be)"? Loved because you're you -- warts and all. A blessing.

I should also clarify that my observations before were of about general rather than specific preferences. Significant, but always room for differences from that norm. And there is no "better than" implied. We're each of other precious and valued, each of us worthy of being loved. Each of us entitled to a certain level of respect and consideration.

Peace
 A Purrrfect Pisces
Msg: 29
What do men want ????
Posted: 7/20/2008 3:46:31 PM
Their mothers.

PP
 interludesolo
Msg: 30
view profile
History
What do men want ????
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:43:37 PM
Hi folks,
Just my 2cents.
I think a lot of people get frustrated with the dating websites because they are, to get back to the market analogy, thinking that it is like a big candy store and they get to look at all the goodies and pick WHAT THEY LIKE without having to leave their home and that's the end of it! Not seeming to grasp that it is a two way thing!
This is where it gets complicated because most people are basing their
desire to meet that person on a quick glance at a picture and they end up frustrated and disappointed when there is deception and they are instantly turned off, or they are not interested in you. Some people do not even read the profile..it is solely based on whether they like the way you look! Not on whether you have any common interests and this is perhaps why they are not interested in meeting you. Of course most people deny vehemently that they are strictly interested because of the picture!
IMO this is why most women I know like to engage in a bit of banter back and forth to get a "take" on the person. It's not that we want endless e-mails back and forth..but e-mails can sometimes be very revealing if you read between the lines. Then there are the people who don't write at all but expect you to run "yesterday" to the nearest coffee place.
I would have to say the internet has it 's positives and negatives! What surprises me the most is the number of young people on here! Is dating through work or school obsolete these days? Personally I still prefer meeting people through other friends.
 itty
Msg: 31
What do men want ????
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:57:51 PM
I've had men message me just to say thank you for not having a profile full of proverbial crap. I said exactly what I want and it's extremely to the point.

I think we all need something like that on this site. I know I'm tired of the regular "single man looking for a chick" kinda stuff. Tell us what you really and truly want. If you're here for dating, say so, otherwise just shut up and don't complain when you get women who want long term or a one night stand.

It's the same with both sexes and we can't say otherwise. Some women are just as bad (sometimes even worse) then the men can be.

I really don't like dating people at work because you have to remain professional and really you can't take your home life to work (at least where I am cause you screw up and it's a lawsuit waiting to happen) and it just really has never worked for anyone I know there.

I have tried saying hello at odd places and always get a look that clearly tells me I'm way too heavy for them to even consider.

For myself, I'm sick of the sticks there are out there cause really, do you eat? now if a guy is thin and not a stick I'm more likely to pay attention. This is a lot different from how I was 10 years ago and only went for the guys who were cut (but for a couple exceptions...lol)

So trying to figure out what men want is probably just as easy as asking ourselves that same question.
 PAssingGAzzz
Msg: 32
What do men want ????
Posted: 7/20/2008 7:02:58 PM
^ ^ yes my dear some men are a wee confused

***Back on topic:
Some men are looking to play, for them that is OK..
Some men are looking for a mother
Some men are looking for a babysitter
Some men are looking for a wife
Some men are looking for a life...

The mix is very individual, so have a coffee.. and explore what it is that YOU want VS. what the other person wants in an individual!
 curlingfanatic
Msg: 33
What do men want ????
Posted: 7/21/2008 12:38:06 PM
Older Women .............
 Caspian
Msg: 34
view profile
History
What do men want ????
Posted: 7/21/2008 10:24:39 PM
I think you are approaching this from the wrong side. First you have to decide what you want and work from that. No matter how many times this question is answed the question will be as diverse as the people asking it. Figure out what you want and hope to find that. If anyone could answer this question it would be praised as nothing short of the 9th wonder of the world. The one thing that I wish women would do is simply contact guys they are interested in. I mean they all want mr right but expect him to come to them. I've been battling with the question of what I want for quite some time, let alone what a woman wants.

Take some chances and contact what you may be interested in, worst case you find one more person you don't work with.
 Inner strength
Msg: 35
What do men want ????
Posted: 7/22/2008 7:08:40 AM
There are some very interesting comments ,I think we could all learn somthing from the younger men and women ,they have made some really sensible suggestions .
But ,I guess we are all searching for someone ,that will just sweep us of our feet and we can live happily ever after. Maybe we listened to too many fairy tales about princesses and princes when we were growing up and about kissing the frog that turned into a prince !
I know I have kissed princes who have turned in to frogs!!!!
but again thats my opinion.
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 36
What do men want ????
Posted: 7/22/2008 1:30:10 PM
^^^^^^^^^ROTFLMFAO^^^^^^^^^^i love you man, welcome back.......missed you popping in..........
 wpg_runner
Msg: 37
What do men want ????
Posted: 7/23/2008 6:06:59 PM
Haha. That's cute, Purrfect. And more true than you know.
 Traditional Woman
Msg: 38
What do men want ????
Posted: 7/23/2008 7:58:05 PM
Someone that looks like a Barbie or a super model..........or ummmmm.........someone younger! Yeah that's it!
 LIKEM
Msg: 40
What do men want ????
Posted: 7/23/2008 8:40:04 PM
What do me want? All depends what stage in their lives...this would work for awhile...

'Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars
And live in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars
The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap
We'll all stay skinny 'cause we just won't eat
And we'll hang out in the coolest bars
In the VIP with the movie stars
Every good gold digger's
Gonna wind up there
Every Playboy bunny
With her bleach blond hair

I knda like that song...
I am such a quiet poster
not sure what it is , I am not drinking ...kinda acting and feelin goofy.....
 Inner strength
Msg: 41
What do men want ????
Posted: 8/7/2008 5:34:23 PM
Well,I posted a picture !!!! and got mail from real young men ! I guess I should be flattered
But , how about guys my age do they all want younger women?
so the ???? What do men want ?
and to the one man that made the comment ,I corrected my spelling !
 bunkai
Msg: 42
What do men want ????
Posted: 8/8/2008 12:57:35 PM
it all starts with attraction and what is attractive to you. everyone is different and that initial attraction or desire to be around that person will probably keep you around long enough to get to know them. if the initial attraction isn't there then probably the opportunity to know them won't be either. call men whatever but I think that it goes both ways. think about what initially attracts you to someone other then online? if you see someone at safeway or where ever if you find them 'attractive' to you don't you want to meet them?
 printer2
Msg: 43
What do men want ????
Posted: 8/8/2008 3:19:22 PM

Well,I posted a picture !!!! and got mail from real young men ! I guess I should be flattered
But , how about guys my age do they all want younger women?

That works for me. You can have the young men and I will take the young women.

Oh by the way, do I have to talk with them also?
 sparxarebad
Msg: 44
What do men want ????
Posted: 11/28/2009 6:08:08 PM
Its an age old question that goes hand in hand with "What do women want????"

And I wish you luck in your quest to find answers!

If it helps I want to meet a woman with a head on her shoulders who is caring and understanding.
Someone who is honest and sincere.
She should know what she wants in life and isn't afraid to go out and get it.
She has to be able to rough it as I am quite the roughing it type of guy.
Wants to be treated like a lady the way my grandfather treated my grandma.
I am old fashioned, I hold doors open and walk on the street side.
She has to be ok with my memory and not be freaked out when I remember important dates.
I am a sensitive guy who loves buying flowers so her enjoying flowers would be a good thing.
She should have hobbies of her own but not mind sharing them with me and share mine with her.
Loves the water and being on, around or in it.
She must be trusting the way that I will trust her.

Those are some of what I am looking for in a woman.

The list could go on, but it is just small stuff that she'd have to learn about by getting to know me.
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 45
What do men want ????
Posted: 11/28/2009 10:23:56 PM
Don't know about men but i know what this boy wants. I want a person with whom i can build a life. I,me and my would have to find a way to come after we. What i don't want is to be part of someone's life nor to have her be a part of my life. I would need us to be our life. Her friends and family, my friends and family can all be parts of our life but we make our own life.
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 46
What do men want ????
Posted: 12/3/2009 12:37:54 PM
Now Rozz don't be jealous......you wouldn't believe what that man can do with his tongue. You really should give him a shot. When he takes your hand in his and leads you onto the dance floor something magical happens,you become an extension of him and the dance becomes just you as one. All else is dream fog.
 maybe301
Msg: 47
What do men want ????
Posted: 12/10/2009 2:25:23 PM
HI In my pic here, I have since cut my hair, dyed it black and I am 184 pounds. mostly around the belly. Oh and cheeks.
 susan_cd
Msg: 48
What do men want ????
Posted: 12/11/2009 11:45:26 PM

When he takes your hand in his and leads you onto the dance floor something magical happens,you become an extension of him and the dance becomes just you as one. All else is dream fog.

Was that you? I'll be honest, I don't dance nearly as well when I'm in my 5" stillettos.
 jadedoldtramp
Msg: 49
view profile
History
What do men want ????
Posted: 12/19/2009 10:08:50 PM
umm i hate ta say this but i havta like ya before i f**k ya . i know i know i,m old fashioned but thats what it is lol.
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 50
What do men want ????
Posted: 12/23/2009 2:38:54 PM
^^^^^^^^
That mind must've just slammed shut.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > What do men want ????