Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has someone immediately removed their profile after your first contac      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nocalsingledad
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Has someone immediately removed their profile after your first contact?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
" Wouldn't it have been so much easier for him to say no thanks?"

Sounds to me like his wife/girlfriend found his profile.
 The rock man
Msg: 27
Has someone immediately removed their profile after your first contact?
Posted: 7/20/2008 4:57:57 PM

With all the millions of things we all have going on in our lives, it does seem that human arrogance gets in our way despite our best efforts sometimes: it’s absurd to assume this guy left the site because you spoke to him ….

Such truth and honesty..... So blunt and yet so direct.....

I think I'm in love......

Maybe it's the sound of an ego crashing from so high up that has me feeling so spunky.

woW, spank me and tell me how I did wrong!
 Wildman46
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/20/2008 4:58:05 PM
I doubt very much if the guy actually "removed" his profile, Maybe he just blocked the Op. Blocking someone usually makes your profile disappear to that person, thus giving the impression you deleted your profile.
 maggiedoyle
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/20/2008 5:15:20 PM
Maybe his wife came home and caught him playing.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2008 5:26:24 PM

You appear to be so confident but then you need to point out your size? Why? Post a picture of your body and leave it at that. Pointing out something that you think may be a potential flaw to some viewpoints deducts confidence points from your score.

My profession requires a lot of self confidence. It's just a fact that I know that many men don't like plus size women. I consider this my ONLY flaw - lol. I gave him an easy out to say no thank you. I make no apologies for who I am, and believe that leaving out info that you might think would be important to that person would be deceptive. I will post a full body shot I like when it's convenient for me.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/20/2008 5:33:21 PM
Methinks that you are falling prey to a logical fallacy. You contact a man and he removes his profile, therefore, it MUST be because you contacted him.

In this case, most likely you are putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5.

It's like the butterfly waving her wings and when a monsoon sweeps in, the butterfly assumes it MUST be because of her wave (I am sure that you are familiar with that folktale).

There are a plethora of other, more likely, reasons why he removed his profile that have nothing to do with you.

Forget it.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/20/2008 5:34:59 PM

Blocking someone usually makes your profile disappear to that person, thus giving the impression you deleted your profile.

This has not been my experience. Blocking will hide the other person's profile from you, but not you from the other person. Or, perhaps, POF glitches on occasion.
 Wildman46
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/20/2008 5:37:28 PM
" I will post a full body shot I like when it's convenient for me"

With all due respect, When will that be exactly? Op you are a walking contradiction, On one hand you claim to be very confident, on the other you're talking about your size being a "flaw" . If you were as confident as you profess to be, then your weight would not be an issue, Also if you really were confortable with the person you really are, then posting a full body shot as if to say " this is me, accept me for who i am or move on" would be totally ok with you.

You're using convenience as an excuse, It should be just as easy to post a full body shot as it is to post a face only shot.
 *in*spired
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/20/2008 5:47:49 PM
Ok...you think weight has something to do with it. I doubt it. But, I'm sure that you can believe he bolted because of your weight. Get what you are out there in full acceptance; practicing being what you are. The secret stuff is what gets us when we are paranoid. Lots of guys love bigger, so go with it!

simon23
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/21/2008 12:05:03 AM
Yes happened to me once, some mad woman copied her profile, deleted it and pasted the text in a new one with her age restrictions one year above my age.
Why not just block me? i dunno
 crazytimes1
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/21/2008 3:38:36 AM
Way over reacting.

I have pulled my profile after a contact because it reminded me I had not done so yet and was talking to someone else already. It was just the reminder, nothing to do with the person themself.

I like all the conspiracy theorists and theories about what a terrible person he was though. You people are awesome.
 carolann0308
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 8:19:41 AM
He probably has a GF and did not remove his profile until someone (you) tried to contact him out of the blue. Don't take it personally I'm sure it had nothing to do with you.
 SweetieGuy_81
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 8:24:00 AM
It has happend to me...pretty much all the time, they magically disappear after a nice chat...really annoying.
 life_of_leisure
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 10:10:34 AM
> Has someone immediately removed their profile after your first contact?

No. It was after their first contact. I'm not making this up.
Posted: 7/21/2008 12:13:31 PM

I havent had someone remove their profile after my first contact with them, however whats happening ALOT lately is im getting complimentary emails then *poof* their profiles are gone before i can even respond. I had 1 just 2 days ago where he deleted his profile 3 minutes after he emailed me. This has been going on for a couple weeks now. *scratches head* Very strange.

ripley65 ~ this happened to me too!! Literally minutes after sending a really nice message, looked at his profile and thought "wow - potential!" ... he deleted his profile!! Biizzaarree
 Snake-charmer
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/21/2008 3:57:39 PM
Don't feel bad- I was messaging a guy who lived in my home state for a while. He was writing long, detailed emails and so was I- we had some things in common that are really hard to find- including both ethical vegans.

We were planning to meet up for dinner when I was home visiting at a vegan restaurant that I love. It wasn't a date, just a hey let's hang out deal.

The last time I emailed- carefully answering his many questions he'd asked in the previous email- I just never heard back, he never logged in, then he deleted his profile a couple of weeks later.

I mean, whatever the reason he was no longer interested in conversing doesn't really matter- we'd been talking long enough that I considered it pretty damn rude, and I was very disappointed that someone that had seemed so cool could be such an ass for no apparent reason.
 wpg_chick_84
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/21/2008 4:28:22 PM
It could be too that he gets a message telling him when he has e-mail (you can set it up to do that on this site) and he had forgotten about his profile on here or never got around to deleting it when he found what he was looking for until he got that e-mail saying that you messaged him.
 akimmbo
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 4:51:52 PM
awwww....he was probably just leaving anyway....and didnt want to deal with another dangerous insane lady (your words)... . I'm kidding....had nothin' to do with you darlin'

It did happen to me once though, although, I can't be sure if it was 'because' of me. Quite a while back , a woman wrote to me....liked this that or whatever...but she didn't have a picture.

I wrote a friendly little note back..nothing heavy at all ...in any way..she seemed interesting....and I simply stated, briefly at the end of the note that I prefer to type to a picture at least than a blank blue box. I didn't 'ask' for a picture, simply stated a preference.

well, she wrote back and informed my that it's not what you look like that counts, but what's inside. Then, the profile vanished. Perhaps she took it personally..I hope not.

Kimbo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 8:23:34 PM

It could be too that he gets a message telling him when he has e-mail (you can set it up to do that on this site) and he had forgotten about his profile on here or never got around to deleting it when he found what he was looking for until he got that e-mail saying that you messaged him.

Nope - He was online at POF at the time I sent him a message. That's why his profile caught my attention. It's not like I'm all shook up over this or anything. I just think it's kind of silly.
 The rock man
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/21/2008 8:26:29 PM

It's just a fact that I know that many men don't like plus size women. I consider this my ONLY flaw -

This is just so sad! So sad.....
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 9:02:46 PM

This is just so sad! So sad.....

I don't understand what is so sad, Rockman?
That is reality - most of our society hates plus size women. In the dating world everyone is allowed to have their likes and dislikes. There are physical traits in many men that I'm not attracted to, and even certain ethnic groups I'm not attracted to. It's just who we are as individuals. Even though society tells us we are bad or unacceptable doesn't mean I have to believe it. What I think is funny is women starving themselves and then getting some double D implants, when I didn't have to pay anything for mine.
 curveyone
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/21/2008 9:14:01 PM
well i've never had it happen immediately after i contacted them but i have noticed a few men who wrote me are gone for some reason. noticed that either they blocked me or they deleted their accounts. have no idea why either. who knows why people do what they do, only they know. sometimes i get the feeling they are married and the wife found and they got busted, lol.
 curveyone
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/21/2008 9:16:03 PM
OP, in the future, i wouldn't even mention that you are a BBW/plus size. if they are interested, i'm sure they will read your profile. if you mention it, then it draws attention to it and makes you look sensitive and self-conscious about it, almost like you are apologizing. you owe no one an apology. btw, i think you are VERY attractive, nice pics, especially the two kitties, awww. what and adorable pic.
 Janet4ever
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/21/2008 9:24:49 PM
I've deleted my profile before... now I wonder how many people may have thought it was "them"?

It had nothing to do with anyone here, but rather getting back together with an ex in my case. Don't assume it was because of one email you sent. I just don't see that being the case.
 VivaLAmore
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2008 1:44:04 AM
I've seen it happen, and done it myself.
I've been in and out of this site so many times, they should have a revolving door just for me.
Once, it was insecurity...as in "what in heck am I doing here?" And then I got a response, and being new at this, I didn't know exactly how to respond, so I went "poof". That might happen with a person who is newly single, new to the online thing.
I know a lady, former POF member, who left after one guy approached her. She didn't like what she saw in his profile, and left because she figured that he was the best she was ever gonna get here.
Another was so "smitten" that they figured they had me "the one", and deleted even before a first meeting with the other person!
We're all different here...but all here for the same general reason...to try to make some kind of a connection with someone else. Sometimes we're not sure what kind of connection we really want until someone rings our doorbell. Then, on the spur of the moment, we either look to see who's there, or delete ourselves and run and hide under the bed. I'm guilty of both...but I'm learning!

Hehe, apparently you are not learning very fast, 'cause you seem gone AGAIN, within a day of posting this poof confession? What's up with that? And why not just leave this site alone? Why do people go through the trouble of closing a profile?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has someone immediately removed their profile after your first contact?