Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Gay man dating straight women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 roadkill55
Msg: 24
Gay man dating straight women?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
that's ok forum buddy---- just wanted to explore all options before cutting him loose. The issue now is telling him "NO" - as stated, he wants to take up another one of my weekends, after I told him no twice already. So I will have to be very mean and cold, and it will probably mean the end of the friendship aspect of the relationship as well.
I accept him for who he is, but I need more....and last weekend was the last chance to see if "more" was going to happen.
I do care about him on many levels---otherwise, I wouldn't have hung in there for 3 months. I have a tendency to "hang in there" - was married for over 25 years, another relationship for almost 5. I don't throw people away lightly. But, I'm learning.....
 good kitty
Msg: 25
Gay man dating straight women?
Posted: 7/23/2008 12:54:11 PM
Aww..

I'm sorry. I'm sure you've developed feelings for him spending time together.
Oh, well.

If he's not doing it for you, he's just not going to, you're right to move on.
Your responsibility is to yourself.
 nycusa055
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/3/2009 9:53:31 PM
I am a very closeted gay man and from what I am reading, he is gay. I have been through and done the same thing with several women. So don't take it personal , it's not you ,it's him. But she should be honest or stop seeing you
 one6irL
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/4/2009 5:06:44 AM
What ever it is is worth leaving alone instead of learning about the hard way. He could be using you as a "beard" to perputrate that he isn't gay. He could also have an STD, cares about you and wants a true friendship before he discloses this difficult information to share. I could deliberate over more reasons for his behavior but that would be good energy wasted since I can't tell you what he's thinking-- no one but him can do that. Whatever the case is, if you are uncomfortable, annoyed, or not satisfied and after disclosing him, he doesn't not change it's time to cut it loose for your own peace of mind's sake.
 Stallion204
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 5:30:54 AM
Are things that bad where woman are actually considering dating gay men. Just the words coming out of your mouth should tell you something. Here's a hint if you think your boyfriend is gay it's probably a very good chance he's gay.
 gracengracie
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/4/2009 5:37:21 AM
OP, per yr 2nd posting, it seems to me he is a basket case of issues
He has ED.
He indeed has gay inclinations.
He seem to be a bi ( these are the most unhappy people of all, they can't be happy with a man or a woman.
He seems to have a lot of baggage.
A bit obsessed with the looks and he is an aging man and someone who lost a lot weight maybe embarrassed to show off his saggy skin?

I would really advise you to move on...he seems like trouble to me if you decide to give your heart to him.

Good luck to you.
 Katze
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/4/2009 10:57:13 AM
I have to agree. Move and and find somebody you can have a future with!

I was married to a man, that decided to pursue a gay life after several years of marriage. It was hell, because he pushed all his guilty feelings on me. Plus I wasted my good, youthfull years on him.

At least you already know, that one day he might decide that you don't have the neccessary equipment, and he will leave you. All these years wasted, that you could have found a straight man.
 OutMind
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/4/2009 11:30:09 AM
OP, sound like part of the problem is a lack of communication between you two and a lot of assumptions. So next time you talk to him, tell him that no more rejections and that you do want some sex. Yes, be straight forward about it. Don't beat around the bush. That way you can decide what is at the root of his problem. Is it ED? It could be. It could be that he is indeed Gay. But that doesn't sound right based on the clues that you have provided, since he is already what? Middle age. Is he rather religious? And last but not least, does he really finds you attractive in a sexual type of way?

So you need to do the talk. And rather than waste a whole weekend, either go to his place or yours and try to be intimate. If it doesn't work, end of story, and no more rejection.
 Seeking Serendipity
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/4/2009 10:42:55 PM

Let me get this straight - he constantly rejects you sexually and won't discuss it, he brags about dating other women, he wants you to have a 3-some with his buddy. The only thing he seems to want from you is to pretend you're his girlfriend in public. WTF - in what way is this man a catch exactly???

My thoughts exactly.

I just went through something similar ... but not for as long as you did. Red flags on the intimacy part when the first time he made an offer, it was for a threesome.

I created a thread yesterday in concern about this sort of issue. I wish other people would respond to it. If there is enough positive remarks, I'd like to contact customer service about creating a filter for "straight, bi-curious, bi-sexual, no preference" with the men seeking women and women seeking men options.
 don449
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/5/2009 2:53:07 AM
yes ditch him any man who wants a three some does not want any thing and is not prepared to offer any thing either , you sound like a nice chic , move on , you can do better
 kpooks
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2009 11:40:26 AM
I think HE'S a bit confused-!

Gay or straight, the real question is...does he REALLY want to be with you?

And, yes, the bit about wanting to share you with his repulsive male friend indicates to me that, yes, he's gay. Needs the weener to be properly stimulated.
Posted: 8/1/2009 8:22:06 PM
Your going to get aids,,,,,stay away. Also what ever happen to guys dancing, singing doinf normal shix now, they hav eto be gay to get attention,,,,,
 Shaitan
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:40:09 PM

Let me get this straight - he constantly rejects you sexually and won't discuss it, he brags about dating other women, he wants you to have a 3-some with his buddy. The only thing he seems to want from you is to pretend you're his girlfriend in public. WTF - in what way is this man a catch exactly???

Well said who ever posted this. LOL forgot to look at your name when I was quoting you. sowwy.

^T^
 Crunchy Tacos
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/1/2009 10:23:53 PM
Gay men don't date women but bi men do.

In the end, maybe he's just not that into you. If you need more, find more.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Gay man dating straight women?