Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Could being psychic affect your relationship?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 X-Lu
Msg: 51
Could being psychic affect your relationship?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
The TV likes to broadcast what is informative and mostly what sells out their commercial times. That is also why they have editorial productions on the mill.

As far the doubt or certification for a psychic partner reading everything in your mind, it is definitely not accurate, and whoever publicly demonstrates it, these are show professionals not psychics, though.

Me a psychic? Well, we all are, it just depends of you maturing the capabilities that every human being has and mostly doesn't explore, be it out of society/culture created limitations and fears or whatever else, but the capabilities are there, intrinsically firing inside the DNA's.
 Aries0328
Msg: 52
Could being psychic affect your relationship?
Posted: 8/6/2008 11:48:10 AM
Yes,

Because everytime you predict when the phone will ring or where your partner has gone and you have not yet predicted the lottery numbers for the week it is only because you don't care enough about the relationship to make it succeed.
 carrela
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/6/2008 11:56:34 AM
I predicted there would be another stupid thread on here... Oh! Another prediction just came through! There will be many more stupid threads on the POF forums
 whatsallthis
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/6/2008 12:06:04 PM
No more than being involved with any bullsh1t artist. Although many of us are extremely intuitive I do not believe in psychic powers, far too many of them hang out shingles looking for money.

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner! While we are at it, there is no such thing as Bigfoot, and we are not being visited by extraterrestrial beings. If we were, I am pretty sure they would be a little more discreet about it, and not hang flashing colored lights all over their spacecraft. That is pretty much the equivalent of driving around in your car with Christmas lights strung all over it blowing your horn that plays "Dixie" while trying to blend in.

I have met a lot of "psycho" people but no "psychics" except for this one little old lady who ate in a restaurant where I used to work. She would start making very general statements that could apply to anyone until you would agree with something, then claim she "deduced" it. One day she asked what the specials were, and I said "You should know!"

Maybe I am psychic. I have the feeling that the "believers" are going to trash me for my scientific approach to the subject.
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2008 12:26:55 PM
hmmm ... makes me wonder ... maybe I met a girl that was psychic and she saw the future and I wasn't in it! Maybe ALL women are psychic if I used that logic!
 GorgeousGreenEyez46
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/6/2008 12:37:41 PM
Hey, I love your post. Do you happen to do readings? I've been told by Psychics that I am psychic. It's also in my family. This is not a stupid post by all means. Do you know honest and decent people when you meet them right away?
 Myster E_
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/6/2008 12:37:46 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm a psychic... just not a very good one.

I mean whenever I bet on the winner of a race, destruction derby, and the like, the one I bet on always seems to come in second place and I lose money. And usually the one I bet on loses by a very narrow margin... in fact, the more money I bet, the narrower the margin.

So I figure there's just gotta be some kind of psychic powers going on there...
 GorgeousGreenEyez46
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/6/2008 12:38:38 PM
Carrela, this is not a stupid post! Psychics are for real, whether you believe it or not. In fact, this is one of the most interesting posts here.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/6/2008 12:44:31 PM
No, but actually believing you're psychic will.
 grillzRN
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/6/2008 12:53:42 PM
If one is "psychic" then they need not wonder if it will affect one's relationship..because they would already know the outcome. Correct?

Personally..I think it is fake..from top to bottom.
 Aries0328
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/6/2008 12:57:32 PM

Carrela, this is not a stupid post! Psychics are for real, whether you believe it or not. In fact, this is one of the most interesting posts here.

I know a place where you can get one million dollars to prove that claim. I think so anyway... I'm not psychic so I don't know if the offer still stands. Wait... I'm getting something... it's getting clearer... YES! My Google sense tells me James Randi still has the offer standing.
 X-Lu
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/6/2008 12:58:50 PM
Being psychic could not affect my relationship, but being a psycho would affect any relationship.
 pretty moon
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2008 1:02:18 PM

hmmm ... makes me wonder ... maybe I met a girl that was psychic and she saw the future and I wasn't in it! Maybe ALL women are psychic if I used that logic!

Falling off my chair

Thats just too funny

But then I knew 10 minutes ago you were going to post that.

PEACE
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2008 1:03:51 PM

But then I knew 10 minutes ago you were going to post that.

NOW THAT was funny as h*ll!
 grapevine
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/6/2008 1:03:53 PM
I've had plenty of precognitive abilities but I do not believe anyone is truly psychic. Smoke and mirrors and "sleight of mind," if you will. I believe the Bible stated the test of a true psychic would be if they were right 100 percent of the time, and I'm not sure anyone's ever fit that bill, though some have come very close. Nostradamus and Edgar Cayce and Jean Dixon were very good, but not fail-proof.

don't know if it would affect my relationships or not, though. Never was an issue in any of them. Precognition if not predicting the future, but seeing it, so times I've "seen" (or sensed) things that were going to happen was right before it happened, so no time for warnings, really.
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2008 2:19:35 PM
Where in the Bible does it say, the test of a true psychic is if they are right 100% of the time? Can you imagine . Hard life to live with I would think. I believe there are psychics...but the true psychics don't charge.I try to keep my mind open for any kind of psychic 'thing 'that may come my way, I've had a few weird 'things' happen in my life...1.My gramma died, I went to her funeral.Two months later, I was at home by myself ,and I smelled her purfume over my left shoulder...made me cry and I still wonder why she came to me. 2.I had a dream...in the dream there was blood in a field. This dream disturbed me so much I told my family about it the next day. Two weeks later, a friend died in a field.3.One of my exs had motor neuron disease. I talked to him on a monday..friday morning I was leaving to go to a wedding out of town, and leaving my kids with a friend. I had a gut feeling[sick, nervous] that something was going to happen.I kept that awful feeling all weekend...when I got home I found out my ex had died Friday morning.When him and I were together this kind of stuff happened more to me.Energy from another person? Now if I feel odd about a thought or dream I make a point of telling someone, so if it happens, someone else knows I felt it. Just a few things in my life that happened that I can't explain...Lately I have been feeling water drops[spittle] on my left arm ...alot...in my van, at home... no water around...nuts or what???? I'm a believer.
 nigelwright
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/6/2008 3:02:50 PM
I am psychic and saw my divorce before I even got married.

I saw a little fat lady about 40 leaving me.

It turned out to be true, my previously slim wife got fat at about 40 and left.

Good riddance !
 leetabeens
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2008 3:12:43 PM
I work as a psychic with my mother part time, I have a regular job as well, and Ive had a hard time dating on this site. Folks have the wrong idea about psychics. We are not mind readers, just folks with accurate intution which is used to help others. It doesnt really work
that good with my own life. I may know when someone is going to call or show up at the right time when someones going to die, but most of the control is in Gods hands we are just messengers. Ive dated some that were ok with it and some that thought I was hocus pocus, needless to say its not easy going. Id like to meet someone with the same ability that would be the perfect match.
 JasonGrimm
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/6/2008 3:16:20 PM
No one is 100% Psychic. It's been tested a number of times even on a TV show. And Nostradamus never predicted anything. He wrote down a bunch of stuff that could happen in the future. Then after an event happens like a war, people go back and read the book to find something vague that sounds like it says it was going to happen. They do it with the bible codes too. That's even easier to do because they do it in Hebrew and find words after the situation occured. The find words backwards, sideways, across, all wierd directions. You can do the same with any book. I've researched a lot on this stuff before and have books on it when I was a true believer. The only real prediction out now that people know of BEFORE it happens is the Mayans who say the world will end in 2012. But I don't believe it.

I can definitely predict a lot of things but I think it has to do more with being aware, having ESP, and knowing a lot about psychology. If you know psychology really well, you can predict what a lot of people will do in real life circumstances. You can also be like a human lie detector.
 melocc7
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/6/2008 4:01:44 PM
Well, Ok here is my thoughts on the matter. I have visited a psychic in the past, with the intentions of getting a laugh at it later when i told my friends. But instead i came out in shock. This psychic lady told me things about my past and present, that no one can just pick up by reading your body language. Now, there are a lot of people out there who do have these supernatural abilities, but unfortunately for us they only use them to make money. People need to understand that psychics do not truly care about helping any one with their problems or even answering their questions... their true desire is for you to pay out. They will get you by first telling you some truths, and then once they know that you believe them, they will tell you that you have some sort of curse and that in order to "cleanse' you they need to do magic spells and light some candles and stuff. This of course won't come cheap. Now, i don't believe anyone should live their life by the word of these people. Remember they don't care about you they only want your money.

carrela
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/6/2008 4:17:43 PM

Hehehehe I just KNEW someone was not going to like my last prediction There's always someone...
 Aries0328
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/6/2008 4:59:11 PM

Now, there are a lot of people out there who do have these supernatural abilities, but unfortunately for us they only use them to make money

You’re kidding right? There are a lot of people out there WITH supernatural abilities but they are using them to scam people?

Just consider the type of person it takes to do the psychic business
Whether or not they believe they have these powers or not
* Because they themselves admit to not being 100% that means that for all of the rest of it they are MAKING IT UP.
Because they, by their own admission, know that they are making at least some of it up
-They lead people into false hope about spiritual matters
-They lead fragile and vulnerable people into false hope
-They depend on the most vulnerable and fragile people for repeat business
-They deny vulnerable and fragile people the self confidence of being able to control their own destiny
-There are more things that can be added to this list... but the worst of all
-They CHARGE FOR IT

Now, consider what type of person could purposely manipulate and use fragile and vulnerable people this way. Even if they do believe they have 'some' form of gift. Unless they start hitting near 100% accuracy... (bad words edited).... If they claim that they are hitting near 100% and they are charging or getting anything from this 'ability' then they should feel obligated to take the James Randi 1million dollar challenge. Anything less is unconscionable.

That could have an impact on a relationship :- )
 oldsoul
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/6/2008 5:16:26 PM

Only if the person I'm in a relationship with actually believed that stuff.

In which case I can accuratelly predict that I'd be outta there, thereby affecting the relationship.

No supernatural mumbo jumbo of any kind for me thank you.

JMO
 Aries0328
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/6/2008 5:23:22 PM

No supernatural mumbo jumbo of any kind for me thank you.

No, you can't go that far. Especially with such a cool username. :-)

I want to belive that several billion people are not just plain whacked. I want to belive that thousands of years of beliefs are not entirely fiction. I want to believe that there is something else within 100million million miles of the planet other then us. Doesn't mean I believe anything / everything people say :-)
 zeeba
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/6/2008 5:32:07 PM
I'm not sure about the "psychic" stuff. However, I'd encourage everyone to read a book titled "Blink: The Power of Thinking without Thinking" by Malcolm Gladwell. He writes about all the non-verbal cues we observe subconsciously about people, events, and situations. Often, if we are in tune with those cues, our seemingly snap judgments, decisions, and insights are actually based upon all this information.

I've had a lot of hunches and senses about people over the years that have turned out to be correct. But, I think much of that is due to the reasons Gladwell discusses.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Could being psychic affect your relationship?