Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Could being psychic affect your relationship?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MrGoodMan2
Msg: 76
Could being psychic affect your relationship?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Having dated a so-called 'psychic' for over a year I can honestly say it's total BS.

People get confused by their natural instinct, life experience and body language etc etc and equate that to having fore knowledge of others.

In my time of circulating with several local, well known and respected psychics not one gave me any indication that they had any abilities other than good intuition and made some lucky guesses.

So basically, don't worry about it OP
 whatsallthis
Msg: 77
Could being psychic affect your relationship?
Posted: 8/7/2008 3:48:26 AM
How come you never see this headline:

Psychic Wins Lottery!

I rest my case.
 simplelife911
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/7/2008 3:51:35 AM
If you psychic why would you need to ask?
 grapevine
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/7/2008 5:33:34 AM
Re: Post 67

In Deuteronomy 18:22 we read, ‘When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.’ So, what that person prophecies should come to pass. He has to be correct about what he says will happen in the future. If he is wrong about a future event then he is not a true prophet.

As to Nostradamus, if his quatrains were translated correctly, then he did predict the future. In any case, he is known for being one of the most prolifically accurate, as far as psychic ability goes.

If I understand it correctly, precognition is seeing things that will happen in the future. Psychic ability is being able to predict it. I believe in precognition; I've experienced it several times. I don't believe in anyone's ability to accurately predict the future (other than taking an educated guess or just "get lucky.") As I said, it's all "sleight of mind" and smoke and mirrors. The TV psychics are a joke, especially.
 nebula22
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/7/2008 6:53:18 AM
A psychic experience is how I caught my ex-wife lying to me before our second divorce.
It was easy to verify what I had seen and heard while using the toilet that she always used.
She denied everything 3 times before I brought out the evidence.

Women cheat and lie. They also lie about cheating.
 staffycrackers
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/7/2008 9:50:03 AM
There's no such thing as a psychic just like there's no such thing as ghosts or the paranormal. It's all a bunch of dark ages superstitious crap!
 susan_cd
Msg: 82
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:25:17 PM
According to my interpretaion of the crop circles, all people claiming to be psychics are either BSing or deluded.
 CanadianBeef
Msg: 83
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:30:02 PM
I associate psychic with psycho...so yea that would ruin a relationship...
 thepig
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 5:51:27 PM
It is therefore possible that your psychic partner could know everything that you get up to - i am not saying of course that you would ever have anything to hide.

There are very few people that are truly psychic. More than likely, they have paranoid personality disorder. PPD victims (actually you end up being the victim) have the ability to pick up on the tiniest of cues, and extrapolate that "clue" into something else all together. You cannot lie to someone with this disorder. They are human lie detectors.

The sad thing about these people is that even if you are "BEING GOOD", even the slightest, tiniest, most insignificant word or action that is out of character or beyond their expectations, and your toast.
 marianina_1
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/12/2008 6:09:03 PM
Actually, although I wouldn't say I'm psychic, I am acutely sensitive and intuitive. I tend to respond to what I think people are saying to me but actually what I'm picking up is a combination of what they are saying and their unconscious mannerisms and attitudes. Consequently, I upset people by assuming that they know about things they are barely conscious of. I've actually had exes look shocked and deny things I've assumed they knew about. Later on, they've said to me: 'you were right, I just wasn't conscious of it at the time'. I honestly think it shook them up and they were unhappy about it - spooked, if you will. I didn't mean to upset them or intrude in any way, it was just obvious to me that that's what they were saying. I'm reading a whole picture rather than just words. People do get confused because I am responding to their unconscious processes rather than what they think they are saying. I am inevitably right.

I can predict things and find it very frustrating that what appear to me to be obvious trends and connections aren't obvious to others. Weeks or months later they will suddenly start telling me about them, as if it's news! In general, I have found that if I notice something - a word, a phrase, a look, a mannerism - and it stands out to me in some way, it inevitably becomes very significant later on. I just don't know why it is significant when it happens. The only way I can describe it is that it's as if the word, phrase, etc. is said or written in bold. It strikes me and remains imprinted on my memory. I wish I could find a way to make this ability pay! I'd be rich by now.
 Blackfish08
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/12/2008 6:50:38 PM
Wow! Great to see your hot thread here! I am very catholic, and I do not believe in psychic or tarot card readers. Yes, I see lots of people are now involving in psychic and practising it. I not understand clear the difference between psychic and spiritual. I had heard from my friends few days ago that if two people (lovers) are very attracted to each other, one lover can know what his/her lover is doing up there ever if they are far away or not present seeing each other. Is that true?
 Blackfish08
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/12/2008 7:00:34 PM
I think psychic can affect our relationship, especially if one lover dislikes it and is not believing in it while another lover likes it and is believing in it. How can a lover has a peace of mind when on her own pace while his lover do psychic outside her, seek on her actions and tells her wrong things that he thinks she had done that are not true happened?
 Aries0328
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/12/2008 7:21:11 PM
marianina_1

Have you ever seen Darren Brown? His show was only on here for a short time but was from the UK. He has a book, "Trick of the Mind". Picking up on unconscious mannerisms is very possible and logical. Darren Brown is an example of how naturally good at it some people are.

However your belief, "I am inevitably right." and "I can predict things..." would be disturbing not in the times when it may be close but that you believe you are always, or will eventually be right. What if you are wrong and have convinced yourself that your 'ability' is never wrong. You could accuse your partner of an affair that didn't exist, completely miss that your partner is having an affair because you missed the clues, think a friend has some secret plot, or some other issue that just isn't reality. It would be much healthier to believe that you’re not bad at reading people then thinking you have an infallible ability. Just my opinion.
 platypus_man
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 8:54:08 PM
Even the greatest psychics in history weren't right 100% of the time, so relying on that 'gift' is still no better than an educated guess, because you never know when your 'gut instinct' is wrong. Hindsight allows the gullible to see these people as 'seers', predictors of the future. Sadly, that's not the case; make enough predictions, put 'em down on paper, get them all notarized and sealed. Some are bound to come up right, you can then use those to support your claim to be 'psychic'. But people will believe what they want to believe, no matter if there is evidence to support it or not (unfortunately for the human race, that includes about 90% of us).
 marianina_1
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/13/2008 8:40:09 PM
Aries 0328. You are correct that it would be better to say that I'm not bad at reading people. I cannot predict a lottery win or anything like that, so I guess I'm getting the information from interaction with other people. I suppose what I mean is that what I do pick up on is inevitably significant and comes into play later. I don't always know how it will come into play, just that it stands out. I would never accuse someone of anything like an affair, certainly without some evidence. Sometimes it does take people by surprise when I'm assuming they are doing something and they are not aware of it. I felt a partner was 'drifting away' at one point and felt most concerned about it because what he was actually saying contradicted my feeling. His behaviour had changed too, but he gave reasons for this which were plausible. He lovingly reassured me that he wasn't drifting away. I felt confused and unconvinced deep down, but on the surface accepted he was telling the truth. A week later he left, saying the relationship wasn't right for him. He said I was right, but he wasn't conscious of it at the time. This kind of thing - picking up on feelings - has happened so often and been borne out by fact, that it actually hurts me when a phrase, a look, a gesture strikes me. I know it's meaningful and I won't be able to escape its significance, even if I don't know what it is at the time.

Sorry to go on. I haven't read the book you mention, but it sounds interesting. I'll seek it out - thanks.
 GYPSY*QUEEN
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/13/2008 8:54:57 PM
I travel the PSYCHIC circuit in AB with 6 others we do 40 shows a year..
I have had "gifts" since age 9 and have been trained by my gypsy great grandmother..
granmother and Druidic grandmother and Rosacrusian father..

Part of "training? is the understanding that this is a GIFT and comes fr A higher power..
if musused OR A sacred trust broken the gifts leaves..
I also took an oath..to HARM NONE

I ahev been taught that we SEE POSSIBLE futures as thing s are AS OF NOW for the person and that THEY HAVE FREE WILL..in thier lives..

there are many scammers and freaks around and you can use your gut instinct to check them out...or ask around...
I also very much like to show the person 2 futures
eg) MANY ASK:" should I stay in this relationship?
I do 2 sets of cards ..the results if they stay..the results if they leave...

AS FOR CONTACTING THE OTHER SIDE:
I MYSELF did not beleive until giving a reading and I tranced out and when I came to the man was crying and saying his dad had been there and told him to go to the old fishing hole and there was something under the tree for him..buried..turned out to be true..
AND
a murdered woman came to me and showed me the car she was taken in and the plate number

AS FOR AFFECTING RELATIONSHIPS"
Gifts and abilities are nto turnmed on all of the time..kind of like a station...
I block it at times...but yes it affects it when there are lies...or I do a card reading about the man and see he is addicted or married or lying..
anand also it affects it in that the
men and thier families want FREE readings hahhahahah
but it has helped in their investments...family and health..
GYPSY...
 Seriouslytaken
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/13/2008 9:03:29 PM
Those who truly know don't utter a word. They keep what they see to themselves.
 Aries0328
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/13/2008 9:10:26 PM
Gypsy*Queen

Question - What is your masters degree in?
 lp123456789
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2008 9:11:54 PM
has everything happened that you foresaw? lol
 GYPSY*QUEEN
Msg: 95
Posted: 8/13/2008 9:14:31 PM
ARIES you could always message me..
but I have 3 degrees..B arts,,,,B,EDucation...MASTERS Education(ENG) and
4 diplomas ...........why??

thinking a MAsters in scamming?? or BS ahahahha

nope
 Aries0328
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/13/2008 9:25:45 PM
No, just wondering what it was in. Seems that higher education normally has quite a dampening effect on willingess to put full force belief in this type of stuff. Seems rather unusual. The effort needed for research through the process of education and requirements of proof and validation would tend to move people away from mystic beliefs although they may maintain some personal feelings about them just not to the point of practice.
 La Gioconda
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/13/2008 9:46:23 PM
marianina, you sense of knowing things, is very similar to mine...the way you describe it. I mentioned earlier in the thread, that I don't find those gift and abilities that unusual, it is the matter of listening to your gut feeling, probably more... maybe getting more guidance.
But regarding how I feel about this stuff is similar to you. (I am tired and type as I speak). Basically, I get the sense of 'knowing' usually it corresponds to my own life, like for example which route to take, what will be the outcome of certain venue, I get the sense right before things happen, and I know I am not wrong.

Re comment aries:

Seems that higher education normally has quite a dampening effect on willingess to put full force belief in this type of stuff.

I tend to agree with what you said, however education actually cannot make you 'wise' about this world. You can develop certain skills, but actual wisdom does not come from holding certain degree, that's why lots of intelligent people, hold good jobs, advanced career etc. are still living life that is lacking consciousness, their life is like a dream, never question anything. Also I think your comment was gearing towards scientific prove whether something exists or not, but consciousness cannot be measured in terms of science, because science is very mind orientated, and mind and consciousness are in two opposite directions, you need to turn off the mind in order to 'hear'.
 nebula22
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:20:13 AM
' quote' You need to turn off the mind in order to hear.. Exactly!!!!!!
I had just returned from a music fest that she refused to acompany me to.
I was very tired and was not thinking about anything except using the toilet when I started hearing and seeing all of her deceptions in full color complete with details.
When I went back to the kitchen and told my friend what I had just seen and heard, he asked how I could verify it.
I picked up the phone and called her niece and told her what I knew..
She gasped, and asked me how I had found out because everything was true and all of Donna's family knew about it.

This is just one of the things that have happened to me since my birth.
I have always had dreams that wake me from a deep sleep..
These dreams come true and most of them are about things I cannot change.
Some are about things I can change.
For example, I went to the Bahamas and talked to the man that was killing Americans.
I was told in many dreams to do this..
He was feeding them to the sharks and they were never found.
1991 I went and talked to him and changed his mind as well as his soul.
The killings stopped.. I'm sorry that I couldn't have got there sooner.
 nbman35
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/1/2008 10:15:49 PM
im psychic in the sense that when someone is lying to me i can tell
o.k. maybe thats not psychic thats just being not naive.lol
and yes i guess that could affect a relationship if the girl u are with is a liar and u find her out
 flyguyrye
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/5/2008 7:42:53 AM
being psyckic makes the relationship more interesting! (smiles)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Could being psychic affect your relationship?