Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Could being psychic affect your relationship?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 corindan
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Could being psychic affect your relationship?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I am psychic, it does effect relationships, and the dead do not communicate with the living through psychics as they are too busy with other things. Those alleged psychics who claim to communicate with the dead are conning you with a game called "20 questions". They ask you things, and then pretend to have told those things to you. If your dead daddy is contacting the psychic, daddy knows: how old he was, what he died of, how tall he was, etc. He could tell the psychic that. The psychic would not have to say things like "I see a man...he is white haired, or grey haired, with maybe a little baldness. His name is Ron, or Rob, or something like that, and he died near water...". If your Daddy were there, he would know what his name was, and whether he drowned in the ocean, or had a heart attack while sitting in a lounge chair next to a swimming pool, or whatever...but the psychic does not know such things...so he/she pretends. He /she gives vague statements, and waits for someone to react. "That's my Dad!" "He slipped, and banged his head in the bathtub, and died there!" You tell the phony psychic more than he/she tells you...but he/she makes it seem that he/she told you everything. When with such a psychic, never say anything. Wait for the psychic to tell you things, never speak up, never agree, or disagree, and never give the psychic any clues. You will find that the psychic's powers fail him/her on that day. A good phony psychic can learn all he/she needs to know about you with 20 questions which he/she will phrase to sound like statements rather than questions. When the psychic says: "I have a man, who died of lung trouble. He worked for the city. He had one child." The psychic is really asking: "does anyone here-without any siblings-have a father who worked for the city, and died of lung cancer, or emphysema, or drowning, or...? The phony psychic then waits for someone in the audience to react,and claim the alleged spirit is their father. When someone does react, they will provide more details...that daddy smoked 6 packs of cigs a day for 20 years, and died of lung cancer, or such, and he was a park janitor, or a court clerk, or a policeman, or whatever. Then the psychic makes more vague statements about daddy's work, etc, and the audience member gives more details. Sylvia Brown is the biggest phony of them all. If she could prove she were real, she would sue me for lible. So far, she has not even filed a law suit against me...let alone won it, so she can't prove she is real, because she is a fake. When a phony psychic tries to play 20 questions with you, give no information at all, and see how soon the game ends, and how little info the psychic gives you.
 corindan
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Could being psychic affect your relationship?
Posted: 10/5/2008 12:26:49 PM
The Bible test is not for psychics. It is for prophets of God. Dixon got her predictions-which were mostly wrong-from a talking snake. You do recall what the Bible had to say about talking snakes don't you? If not, read Genesis. The sepent who told Eve certain things was not very reliable either.
 Ron9
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/5/2008 12:27:32 PM
Yeah yeah - it all sounds good on paper.

The one time I tried it - well ....

I rubbed my forehead - shut my eyes and told the gal .....

“it is getting more and more clear - yes the picture is coming into focus. I can see it now - it is YOU naked”

She was NOT impressed lol.

----------------

psychic smykic

“I see a man named John in your background” ............. nuttin

“Wait - that was Jim not John ............ YES YES YES you are psychic.

“I am seeing a man - a man that abused you.” YES YES YES ........ you ARE psychic ....... here is your 50 bucks.

----------------

I don’t believe ANY of that mumble jumble.

I do think there are people that can “profile” the kind of person that could commit certain crimes and such. They study it and use logic not some psychic power.
 TakeMeTheWayIAm
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/5/2008 12:53:09 PM
friendlyentity: "Are you psychic? - and is there anyone in your family who is? -Finally do you think that there is any truth in communicating with those who have passed on?"

I guess I now have to wonder about your username. "entity"?

That said, I have a close friend who I believe has been visited on one or more occasions by some deceased relative. Although it's at a time when she's just waking up (and possibly a dream) I tend to believe that it's more real than dream.

She and I sometimes have these telepathic incidents. She lives in another state about 900 miles away. One time I came home drunk and was lying in my bed, having just gotten home. I was happy/drunk and wanted to talk to her. But I didn't want to wake her up by phoning since it was maybe 1am. But I did hold my cellphone in my hand and jokingly say [drunken voice] "oh... COME ON, WAKE UP already and talk to me, you know you want to!!!" Sure enough, she immediately called me in a sleepy-yet-concerned voice. She said that she was woken up from a sound sleep by something that had kicked the baseboard of her bed, hard. So your guess is as good as mine: did she just spontaneously wake up from dream, was I able to telekinetically kick her bed or did some helpful spirit listen to my drunken request and laughingly wake her up in response?
 THEGARDENFAIRY
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 3:38:49 PM
A person with any capabilities and any abilities would not read anyone to make them win the lottery etc. It is morally reprehensible and ethically wrong.
You are the kind of client that we sense walking in the door and are unable to read because of your motives.
It's my wish that a very talented psychic reads you one day and blows your mind.
Personally, your judgement of things you are unable to fathom is sad.
Open your heart.
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 3:47:33 PM
Being psychic has affected my relationships minimally.
I don't usually use it and it only comes in handy in very stressful situations
for me.

It is possible for many people to be psychic if they pay attention to it,
study it and practice it. It is an art form that lots of people could use
if they wanted to and had the interest.

It is quite easy to talk to spirits, however most of them will be not human.
Simply pick up a dictionary, ask a question, close your eyes and point
to words at random. Write them down. You will get a message, usually
on the first try. It will be something that pertains uniquely to you.

Beware though: as I said nine times out of ten you will be communicating with
something that isn't and never was human and some of the messages will be
very unpleasant. Not good to do this too often but it should show that yes
you can talk to spirits. Think that it's a coincidence that the words you are
pointing to seem to make sense???
 Arabianangel
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/2/2009 3:55:17 PM
I wouldn't say i'm psychic, but im extremely sensitive to people's energy. It can affect your relationship in more ways than you think.
 HereN916
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 5:43:06 PM
I'm not psychic, but I seem to instantly tune into other's feelings, I mean way before it would be obvious, anyway, it makes me uncomfortable at times or in certain situations.
 IsabelK
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/2/2009 5:50:40 PM
My boyfriend's sister is psychic and has awful taste in men.

*shrug*
 b-joy22
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/2/2009 6:57:29 PM
Being psychic is not what you might think. . .here's an example. . .My husband and I were in Greece at a street fair, I decided to have dinner at an outdoor cafe with friends, and he floated through the fair. We had no time or place arranged to meet because we thought our cell phones would allow us to call each other--but, apparently, his sim-card ran out, and we were not able to reach each other by phone.
At one point (after trying to phone him again), I started getting concerned about meeting up with him--
I have many sensitivities, First, through clairsentient (body sensations as signals) I had a physical feeling of discomfort. Next telepathic (transmission of emotions) I had a feeling of impatience (no doubt how my husband felt), and told my friends I / we needed to go; they said 'fine' and continued to dawdle--I felt a knot in my stomach, and was next flooded with a sense of urgency. Suddenly I saw a picture of him in my mind's eye standing in the middle of the street a few blocks from where we left each other. His hand on the door of a taxi. (this is called clairvoyance--clear seeing) I said "We have to go now" and we left the table .
Fortunately. .. . He too is psychic, and intuited the direction we went for dinner. He walked several blocks in our direction, (through mobs of people, mind you), looking for us . . . I began to walk quickly toward where I had seen him in my mind's eye, my sense of urgency continuing to build--and found him, as I had imagined/'seen' him, in the middle of the street, ready to get into the taxi. He was only a block and a half from where we had dinner. . .I called to him--and we went home together.
Being sensitive to each other allows us to have greater compassion and understanding . . .We don't lie to each other--though we respect each others privacy. For example, he knows I am on pof --I enjoy the forums and conversations, and have used it to meet people when I travel--And he has never asked me about any of the conversations or meetings. I extend the same respect to him.
 Fred Bauder
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 7:00:24 PM
I have no problem with someone who IS psychic. I fear anyone who is "psychic", cause they are going to believe and act on made up stuff.
 b-joy22
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/2/2009 7:08:34 PM
“I don't believe in psychics. I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone who believed they were psychic. I've known several people who say they are psychic and they were all goofballs. I had a friend who accused me of being psychic because I was good at intuiting what was going on with her, but it was just a matter of paying attention to subtleties.”

Being psychic is not what you might think. . .here's an example. . .My husband and I were in Greece at a street fair, I decided to have dinner at an outdoor cafe with friends, and he floated through the fair. We had no time or place arranged to meet because we thought our cell phones would allow us to call each other--but, apparently, his sim-card ran out, and we were not able to reach each other by phone.

At one point (after trying to phone him again), I started getting concerned about meeting up with him--

I have many sensitivities:
First, through clairsentience (body sensations as signals) I had a physical feeling of discomfort. Next telepathic (transmission of emotions) I had a feeling of impatience (no doubt how my husband felt), and told my friends I / we needed to go; they said 'fine' and continued to dawdle--I felt a knot in my stomach, and was next flooded with a sense of urgency. Suddenly I saw a picture of him in my mind's eye standing in the middle of the street a few blocks from where we left each other. His hand on the door of a taxi. (this is called clairvoyance--clear seeing) I said "We have to go now" and we left the table .

Fortunately. .. . He too is psychic, and intuited the direction we went for dinner. He walked several blocks in our direction, (through mobs of people, mind you), looking for us . . . I began to walk quickly toward where I had seen him in my mind's eye, my sense of urgency continuing to build--and found him, as I had imagined/'seen' him, in the middle of the street, ready to get into the taxi. He was only a block and a half from where we had dinner. . .I called to him--and we went home together.

Being sensitive to each other allows us to have greater compassion and understanding . . .We don't lie to each other--though we respect each others privacy. For example, he knows I am on pof --I enjoy the forums and conversations, and have used it to meet people when I travel--And he has never asked me about any of the conversations or meetings. I extend the same respect to him.
 Tenacious Forumite
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/2/2009 7:12:49 PM

Probably not.....but being psycho does. Trust me...I'm psychic about psychos.

lovemesomemen
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/2/2009 7:18:22 PM
Pft. Psychics aren't real. Those 'shows' are just there for ratings.
 Coma White
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/3/2009 11:07:31 AM
I believe it's normal for every person to be psychic, especially with their dreams. Many tribes that don't watch tv etc have dreams that foretell things that will happen in the next few days, eg. how their hunt will go, etc. Writing down your dreams every morning helps recall and makes them more vivid. Many inventors have solved their problems while asleep. You might not be able to tell if it's a square or circle behind a playing card, but the dreaming part has been an asset to my life.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/3/2009 4:49:24 PM
I tend to be more empathic (which I suspect is just an extension of being a caring person), but I've also had a few precognitions.

I never went for a walk after dinner, but one night I suddenly felt the need to do so, and told my husband. The urgency grew over the next few minutes to the point where I had to leave the rest of my meal and bolt out the door. He'd seen other instances before, so he just waited for me to return to find out the reason. I didn't know why I had to go for that walk, either.

I walked around the block, and on the third 'leg' of the block, a kitten, about 4 weeks old or so, walked out in the middle of the road (fortunately, it was a low-traffic road). I heard a meow, and saw two others in the yard, coming out from under an overturned canoe. Another meow came from under the canoe. On the other side of the road, two doors opened. A lady came out from one house to say the people who lived where the kittens were, were on vacation for a month. The man from the other house said the mother cat was a stray, and he noticed she'd been killed by a car on a main road nearby earlier that day. And neither intended to do anything about the kittens!

I basically bullied the man into getting me a cardboard box, loaded the kittens in it and brought them home. Hubby said a co-worker lived on a farm. He called her, and learned she had two nursing mother cats at that time, and welcomed the stray kittens. Problem solved.

Second experience I can relate happened when my then teenage son had two friends staying over who were having serious problems at home. The two girls often went down to a lake about 1/2 mile away to swim. This one time, I started feeling apprehensive. The feeling grew, and I told my husband something was going to happen to one of the girls, and I took off towards the lake. I didn't know what was going to happen, just that something was.

When I got there, I started walking down the path around some thick bushes, and heard a scream. By the time I got close enough to see them, the second girl was piggy-backing the first girl because she had slipped on a rock in the water and badly sprained her ankle. Oddly, instead of being relieved they wouldn't have to walk home, they were shocked that I had known to come. Oh well.

Anyway, those are just the facts, completely open to whatever interpretation you folks wish to apply.

Can I do it at will? No. But the empathy is fairly automatic, and since I use it to help whoever it is feel more comfortable or deal with whatever is bothering them, if that's what I'm feeling/picking up on, I don't think it's a negative issue in a relationship. It definitely wasn't a problem with my husband.
 PeggyI
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/3/2009 4:54:30 PM
Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Noah and the ark, psychics, and vampires...

Meh

Fairy tales are still fairy tales, now matter how hard you spin them.
 Coma White
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/4/2009 1:47:59 AM
Can I play too?

Lettuce, tomatoes, lemons, lunch meat, cubumbers, cherries, mushrooms, and broccoli.

They're all vegetables no matter how you spin it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Could being psychic affect your relationship?