Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > At what age are women at their most beautiful?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crazytimes1
Msg: 26
At what age are women at their most beautiful?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Very much dependant on the age of the observer and their personal preference.

When I was 16, 16 years olds were nice. Now, anyone under 20 either looks too young or I know they are mentally handicapped. People in their 20s look best, a few in their early 30s.

I am utmost faith than when I get to my 30s, 30 year olds will look great, 20s good but some a bit young. However, I am not sure that will change much after that...
 ubkobalt
Msg: 27
At what age are women at their most beautiful?
Posted: 7/26/2008 3:37:41 AM
20-25, most attractive, but dumb as shit. Even when they're smart, still dumb as shit when it comes to guys. Prove me wrong.

30-40 - Looks fading, but have wisened up. No longer dumb as shit. Know how to treat a guy. Wishing the knowledge could be transferred over. Get a time machine, go back in time and go slap yourself for being dumb as shit.
 TienLong
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 4:08:25 AM
In my personal opinion this is not really a matter of age as such. I think a woman is at her most beautiful when she is comfortable in her own skin and happy with herself. I think this happens most often in the 35+ age range but it is not dependant on the woman's age so much as her level of maturity.
 NoseyNeighbor
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/26/2008 4:58:17 AM
studies show that a woman libido is at it most active when a woman is in her 30's.

That is a myth and patently a false statement.

There NO evidence or research that supports this assertion. Levels of testosterone is behind the sexual drive (libido) in both males and females. For men and women the testosterone levels could peak in the 40's and 50's. It is an individual difference variable.

Clinical Savvy: Common Questions about Sex and Sexuality in Elders
Mueller. American Journal of Nursing, 1997.
 Rambling Nose
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 5:23:38 AM
Age is irrelevant except on posters, and between strangers.
On a superficial level? I think age is less of a factor than most other features. (I'll stop there instead of adding a page of specifics)

My grandpa's 96 Grandma's 90, she's wheelchair bound and has had a stroke and can't talk, she's still the most beautiful person in his life, and everyone around them can see it. (they've been married over 65 years)

Beauty is TOTALLY in the eye of the beholder (despite what Hollywood would have you believe)
 Rambling Nose
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 5:35:38 AM
One more thing, I' met 19 -21 year olds I hardly notice.
I've seen 40+ year olds out jogging that I'm tempted to run after just to say Hi.
I really don't think age is even close to being the biggest factor.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 5:43:16 AM
It depends on the woman. I know one woman who was stunning at 18, and as she got older was more and more ugly. Her looks were about the same, even better if you wanted to get her in the sack. But her personality went so sour that I knew very few men who wanted anything other than sex from her.

My best friend is the reverse. She is 36 now, and far more attractive than she was at 26, when I first met her.

Well, I am just amazed. I have spent the last two days on a post about some guy who is absolutely distraught because a girl in her twenties has put an age preference that does not include him.
However, a lot of guys believe that women are better looking in their 20s, and they tended to be. But only as little as a hundred years ago, men and women suffered from starvation, malnutrition, lack of sanitation, cholera, smallpox, diptheria, and much more besides. People would often work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, without rest. Many people died by 40. If you made it to 60, you had lived a full life, because so many people died before 60. What with all that stress on the body, the massive additional stress of pregnancy pushed women's bodies to the limit. So often women looked completely wrecked after childbirth. Add in the lack of medicine in the West before 1900, and you get an environment where women over 30, who had been malnourished for decades, working 12-hours a day for decades, and gone through pregnancy and childbirth with no support from doctors and hospitals, had bodies ravaged by incredible stress. Men's bodies were the same, but women considered that men's looks weren't as important as being a good provider, so it wasn't an issue.

But in the last 100 years, and particularly the last 30 years, all that changed. Now, you get lots of women on POF who are mid-50s, who look incredibly hot. You get lots of really unattractive women in their teens and 20s. If you scan POF, you'll see that there are lots of women who are my age, have had kids, and have a model's figure.

The looks thing is now about how well you care about your body, and young girls are only more attractive than older women, when those women were raised by their parents to eat well, and get plenty of exercise, and so looked well when they were young, and then ate badly, drank lots of alcohol and wine, and didn't exercise, so they didn't look after their bodies, and their bodies got progressively less and less attractive.
 whitefether
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 3:56:49 PM
A woman gets her sexual drive from progesterone. This is producted when she ovulates. As she enters pre-menopause and menopause, she ovulates less. Therefore her sex drive goes down. Pre-menopausal years are believed to be from about 45 to 55.

Sherry
 passionandsong
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 4:17:23 PM
what is the age when women are less consumed with looks?i pick that one."

Try the sixties. LOL I am there and don't spend near as much time in front of the mirror. Rather disheartening.

so we can throw away the theory that women fuss so much about their looks for themselves.
 whitefether
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 4:35:12 PM
No, i don't think I meant that. ^^^^ It is just not as much fun to primp and carry on when you have to take your glasses off to look better. LMAO! I can be more critical of myself than anybody else is of me.

Sherry
 passionandsong
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 4:48:29 PM
It is just not as much fun to primp and carry on when you have to take your glasses off to look better. LMAO! I can be more critical of myself than anybody else is of me.

i really dont understand the "fun" of fussing over appearance,but i guess if it helps you have fun its all good.when it becomes an issue of obsession,as has to often been the case,it is kind of sad.i have met so many women who complain about societies dependancy on looks,but are crushed when someone finds them unappealing to the eye.
 NoseyNeighbor
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/26/2008 4:48:29 PM
A woman gets her sexual drive from progesterone.

Nope.

Testosterone is present in both males and females. For women it's the gas for your lovebug.

Testosterone unlocks estrogen and progesterone.

As women grow older their levels of testosterone declines. Once in menopause or if they've had their ovaries removed, testosterone levels drop even further. Current research is looking at boosting testosterone levels to increase estrogen and progesterone levels.

And studies have demonstrated that testosterone used in hormone replacement therapy, even for brief periods of time, activates a "normal hormonal state" and boosts sex drive.

The new romance drug could be the testosterone cocktail.

Painter, L. “Testosterone: A Major Breakthrough for Menopausal Women,” Discovery Health. July 15, 2008. http://health.discovery.com/centers/womens/testosterone/testosterone.html
Regelson, W. MD, The Superhormone Promise. (2007).
 whitefether
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 4:56:56 PM
Testosterone is present in both males and females For women it's the gas for your lovebug.

Libido - the desire for sex

Libido is mistakenly thought by many to come from estrogen. Doctors often overlook the fact that those that are still having periods are producing plenty of estrogen (if they were not they could not have periods) yet those same people are frequently low on progesterone.
Progesterone is an important factor in libido. Testosterone also improves libido and doctors who are unaware of the role of progesterone in libido are sometimes tempted to give women testosterone to help restore flagging libido. However, this choice is less desirable because of the masculinizing effects of testosterone. The more desirable choice is natural progesterone. The body, in any event, has the capability of converting excess progesterone to other hormones including estrogen and testosterone on an as-needed basis.

Copyright © 2003-2008 Vickie Queen and MenoQueen, LLC. All Rig hts reserved.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/26/2008 5:05:42 PM
Imagine how sad the world would be if everyone viewed things the same...

Op the question you asked was about beautiful...it depends on what a man sees as beautiful...some men love natural beauty..ie the women out jogging with no makeup...some men love a woman all dressed up in the little black dress...to each man it is individual...when we do topics that tend to find a common theme..ie asking what age, I think it could have a tendency to reinforce negative stereotypes such as men in their 40's going thru the change of life and going for a trophy wife the second time around.

I asked a very wealthy, professional man who was 39 why he wanted to go out with me vs some young *hottie...he said what he found beautiful (at the time I thought it was funny he used the term beautiful vs attractive) was a woman who could engage his mind and yet still have a physical presence that appealed to him. I found it hard to gasp since he had on designer clothes and was driving a car that cost more any home I had lived in. He could see I doubted him and went on to explain if someone is shallow and constant trying to improve their looks they dont *normally try to improve who they are...they have limited conversation abilities and their subject matter tends to be prone to themselves and how something will benefit them. He said that they to him are ugly and boring.

Some men have no desire to have their mind stimulated thru conversation and would prefer to just gaze on what they consider beautiful. I think Billy Joel said it best.. "I don't want clever conversation ...I want you just the way you are."
 linuxprogrammer
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/26/2008 5:40:22 PM
The older I get, the better older women look and the worse younger women look. The view is skill heavily skewed towards youth, but there is a higher lower limit that looks the best as time goes on, as well as a higher upper limit that looks best.

As I quickly approach 39, the upper teens have completely lost their visual appeal, and low 20's are deteriorating. Upper 20's and low 30's look the most physically beautiful to me now.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 5:44:10 PM
I don't think any woman earns the right to be called beautiful until she's over forty.

At twenty, she may be cute. At thirty, very attractive.

But beautiful ?

After her fortieth birthday, in my books, is when that term really applies for me.
 NoseyNeighbor
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/26/2008 5:45:19 PM
Vickie Queen and MenoQueen

Did you know:

"Mz Vickie" cherry picked an obscure 1992 study that looked at 20 women's spit, for levels of testosterone and overgeneralized.the results to state you need progesterone.

Why?
"Mz Vickie" appears to be linked to a website that is selling "progesterone". I'd call this a
conflict of interest.

"Mz Vickie" overgeneralizes the so-called "masculinizing" effects of testosterone therapy. Truth is, only a smale amount is administered compared to the amount body builders or athletes use. She is using the stereotypical "steriod freak" - "roid rage" image as a scare tactic.

Why?
"Mz Vickie" appears to be linked to a website that is selling "progesterone". I'd call this a
conflict of interest.

"Mz Vickie" is by no means a credible source. "Miss Vicki" seems to avoid current research that shows testosterone therapy boosts sex drive.

Why?
"Mz Vickie" appears to be linked to a website that is selling "progesterone" to the uninformed.

Get educated.
Painter, L. “Testosterone: A Major Breakthrough for Menopausal Women,” Discovery Health. July 15, 2008. http://health.discovery.com/centers/womens/testosterone/testosterone.html
 Saturday Night Rocks
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/26/2008 7:47:53 PM
Assuming that a woman hasn't let herself go, I would say early 30's to mid 40's.
 whitefether
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 8:28:05 PM
We can cut and paste all day. There are many articles and websites citing the use of progesterone for increasing the libido. I simply went to the first one. But, I refuse to go bacck and cut and paste another. Anyone interested can look it up.
I am a woman. You are a man. Who do you think knows most about a woman's libido?

Sherry
 NoseyNeighbor
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/26/2008 8:41:13 PM

I am a woman. You are a man. Who do you think knows most about a woman's libido?

The experts:

WpgGentleman2
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/26/2008 8:45:33 PM

The truth without frou-frou is, that young women look MUCH better than old women. This is physical beauty we're talking about, not the inner beauty shinning through

Speaking of beauty (physical beauty), all other things being equal (weight, height, fitness level, bone structure, clothing, coloration and makeup), a younger woman will look better.

But there are a lot of slovenly obese 20-something women in my part of North America. I don't think they look as beautiful as groomed and fit 40-something women. Mind you, I can't see the facial wrinkles on a 45 year old unless I put on my reading glasses.

In North America, there is a massive amount of individual variation these days, and the relationship between beauty and age is not as close as it was 25 years ago.

In places where cosmetics and economics don't provide as many opportunities for "self-improvement", or where women shun cosmetics, there is probably a much closer relationship between age and beauty.
 whitefether
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 8:49:42 PM
Where do you suppose the experts get their information?

Sherry
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/26/2008 8:56:34 PM
Don't bother feeding the troll Sherry. I think he several incorrect statements in the ad hominem part of his attack.

However, I think the statements he's quoted on the material point do represent the majority opinion of medical doctors currently. (Of course most experts will tell you those opinions are opinions and they don't know with certainty how hormones work or interact in the body. That is why so much research is still going on.)
 NoseyNeighbor
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/26/2008 9:02:35 PM

I think he several incorrect statements in the ad hominem part of his attack.

Spin it anyway you want jughead. It's not an attack it is a discussion.

opinions are opinions and they don't know with certainty how hormones work or interact in the body.

Wrong again, lugnut. They are not "opinions" they are scientific research studies.

Now run along and go saw some wood. Leave the thinking to us.
 Henry L. Moon
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/26/2008 9:09:07 PM
I had to have it put in perspective for me before I ever truly understood this situation and could answer this question. I'm watching ESPN and the ad comes on to buy a subscription to the Sports Illustrated..AND, with it comes the Swimsuit Models Calender..wooohoo!...so I whips out the ol' credit card and order up this bad boy! ( it even has LUST in the title of the magazine....Ohhh Gaaawd! ) and in 14 business days comes my package with calender.....I open it up and am remembering Swimsuit Model calenders of years past fondly...and I might of even sighed a little bit as I rip open the cellophane wrapper ...while I'm wondering just where I'd like to hang this up??.....Hhhhhhhhmmmmm.......well, as I open it up, I am in SHOCK!! When in the hell did ALL the Swimsuit Models in this calender look like they were my daughter and all her little girlfriends ages?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I mean, who WANTS a freakin' subscription to Sports Illustrated anyway?? It lame on news and just full of airbrushed pictures! ....I tossed the damned thing away! Where's the Swimsuit Models I lusted after when I was still in my 20's?? anyway?????...Whatever age my graduating class is ...THAT'S when women look their best!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > At what age are women at their most beautiful?