Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Water Fasting--who has done it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Water Fasting--who has done it? Page 14 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

There are also some who say MS is not related to genetics.

The MS Society believes it. Recent studies do indicate that genetics and environment both factor in development of MS.

http://mssociety.ca/en/pdf/research_summaries_2009.pdf#xml=http://mssociety.ca/SCRIPTS/texis.exe/webinator/search/pdfhi.txt?query=genetic&pr=default&prox=page&rorder=500&rprox=500&rdfreq=500&rwfreq=500&rlead=500&sufs=0&order=r&cq=&id=4dd36e8e12

A cluster of genes on chromosome six is the only one that plays a significant role in multiple sclerosis (MS), according to the most complete genetic study to date in the disorder, presented at the 130th annual meeting of the American Neurological Association in San Diego.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/30970.php

Since MS in most families does not follow simple inheritance patterns (e.g., autosomal dominant, autosomal recessive, X-linked), it is likely that MS susceptibility is largely determined by multiple and potentially interacting genes, each with a relatively small contribution to overall risk. Environmental factors, such as smoking and exposure to viral infections, are also believed to be involved. MS is an example of a disorder with a complex mode of inheritance.

http://www.chg.duke.edu/diseases/ms.html

I wouldn't worry about mercury fillings. Mercury is all around us in the environment - we consume it via foods we eat. You'd ingest more methyl mercury eating a peach than by biting down on fillings. And don't forget that peach seeds actually contain cyanide, in the form of amygdalin.
 modivin
Msg: 327
Water Fasting--who has done it?
Posted: 10/5/2011 11:18:37 PM
I think you misread what I wrote. The point I was making was with a disease such as MS, there are theories constantly debated because of the fact no one has been able to say...this is it. This is why. As I said before, when researching a disease like this...ALL factors are considered....which you basically already backed up with your references.

Now to go off and say not to worry about mercury fillings...that's incredibly ignorant. Brush up on your knowledge of this subject matter before brushing it off as mercury is in the environment. You may ingest mercury in food, such as big fish. However, the serious consequences with mercury fillings is much higher because of how the mercury is absorbed in the body.

"Mercury is the most toxic, non-radioactive heavy metal on the planet. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) there is no known safe level of mercury for humans. The tiniest amount of mercury entering the body can inflict widespread damage to cells, tissues and organs.

While mercury can enter our bodies through many environmental avenues, the W.H.O. data shows that mercury released from amalgam fillings is, by far, the primary source of exposure. In fact, the W.H.O. estimates that exposure from amalgams is 6 to 7 times greater than exposure from fish or other food sources and 400 to 500 times the level of exposure from the environment."

There is more to what I pulled off Sanoviv's website regarding mercury fillings. If you look in to what OSHA requirements are for safe handling of mercury you would find more information to review and educate yourself before making a very dangerous comment such as "wouldn't worry about mercury fillings."

In fact, just that comment alone I no longer wish to have an intelligent discussion over a disease I know far too much about from personal experience. Watching my Mom have MS my entire life and seeing all the bs she has been fed over the years...and yes, even was told her fillings could be a cause and since have been removed. Just because you know how to look up a few links does not make you an educated source. And the last paragraph truly showed the lack of any credibility you could possibly have had.
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2011 12:26:53 AM

look up a few links does not make you an educated source.

I do not look up links to make myself look like an educated source. I have a Masters degree in Public Health. I provide links to support my arguments. My information is cited from credible sources (who have more education and experience with the subject matter than either of us), and I also expect the same from any else making their own citations, which is often sorely lacking.

If you do not wish to enter into a discussion on MS or any other topic to which you have personal attachment, then I respectfully suggest that you just don't go down that path. There are people who disagree with your assessment on the etiology of MS and you should not take it personally. The MS Society of Canada et al. disagrees with your dismissal of genetic contributions to the disease. Why take offense at that or with someone who merely points it out?

You really should do some serious research on the differences between ethyl and methyl mercury. I am hardly suggesting that mercury should be eaten casually. Over geological time, mercury is distributed into the environment by entirely natural processes such as volcanity activity and other biological processes. It's in much of our food, air, soil, and atmosphere. I will however, back up my statements with WHO data on mercury exposure via amalgam fillings vs. dietary and atmospheric exposure, which are quite comparable.

In the absence of point sources of mercury, the concentration of mercury vapour in the air has been estimated to be 2–10 ng/m3. This is less than 1/20th of the tolerable concentration derived above. Continuous exposure to the tolerable concentration of 0.2 μg mercury/m3 in the air would lead to an inhaled amount of approximately 4 μg/day (respiratory volume
of 20 m3/day). For most people in the USA and Canada, the estimated exposure from dental amalgam is <5 μg/day.

Dietary exposure to inorganic mercury is estimated to be approximately 4.3 μg/day, i.e., 0.067 μg/kg body weight per day for a 64-kg adult (IPCS, 1994). This is 3% of the estimated tolerable intake.

Cited here:

http://www.who.int/ipcs/publications/cicad/en/cicad50.pdf

With all due respect, if some of your claims are typical of what is being taught in chiropractic schools, then that in itself is evidentiary that their understanding of public health may have little valid clinical applicability. This is what happens when chiropractors try to operate outside of that scope of their education when they try to cure ALL disease with their spinal manipulations.
 modivin
Msg: 329
Posted: 10/6/2011 10:52:45 AM
Yet again, you are not reading or at least comprehending what I wrote to you.

The offense was your careless comment of not worrying about mercury in fillings. That is a very careless statement to make, period! The offense was NOT in providing documentation with your view on your misinterpretation of what I wrote previously.

With regards to your understanding of the Chiropractic field, yet again, you are incorrect in your assumption. Schools do not teach that chiropractors cure all diseases. Obviously that would also be another one of your misunderstandings. Clearly, your lack of understanding in the Chiropractic field is coming across. One person made a comment to you that you did not ask for clarification on and made a wild assumption that the entire profession is taught that.

You appear educated and with a Masters in Public Health, one would hope you would have an open mind when it comes to science and research. I don't know how things are done on your side of the pond, but over here, Chiropractor schools are heavily involved in research which is science based.

The list of references below talk more in detail about the hazards of mercury fillings. I saw Dr. Wentz speak in Chicago last year. Of the many things he discussed, one was the dangers behind mercury fillings, how mercury is broken down and released into the CNS, thus causing a break down. It is quite interesting. If you are open minded enough, I suggest looking more in to it.
There are dentists here that are trained specifically on how to remove a filling with such a high toxicity. Sanoviv is a medial institute in Baja, California and was founded by Dr. Wentz. They do many different procedures...one of which is removing these fillings safely ....and the other is CCSVI treatment. The beauty is this is one of many facilities that have a team of doctors working together for the betterment of the individual. The team is not just MDs either.

References

McGuire, Tom. 2006. Mercury Detoxification: the Natural Way to Remove Mercury from Your Body. Sebastopol, California: The Dental Wellness Institute.

McGuire, Tom. 1994. Tooth Fitness: Your Guide to Healthy Teeth. Grass Valley, California: St. Michael’s Press.

Wentz, M. 2004. A Mouth Full of Poison: The Truth About Mercury Amalgam Fillings. South Carolina: Medicis.
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 330
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2011 1:40:40 PM

That is a very careless statement to make, period!

Did you read the comparative analysis regarding mercury contamination? What you fail to understand are the comparatives between ambient mercury exposure and dental amalgams. You're excessively concerned about the miniscule amount of mercury in fillings, while apparently unconcerned and unaware of levels in the ambient environment. For the average person, the risk from BOTH sources is the same, as evidenced by the WHO data.

You also need to be aware of the fact that REMOVAL of mercury amalgam fillings temporarily RAISES mercury levels. Please do some research on that, preferably by reading some credible resources on toxicology. Many people concerned with mercury poisoning don't seem to grasp that toxicity is in the dose (the devil's in the dose) and that miniscule amounts of toxins are harmless, and we can’t make the world a 100% safe place. The precautionary principle is a good one, but taking it to extremes is likely to do more harm than good.

I'm not interested in any of your additonal "detox" information from questionable sources. There is nothing to be gained by "detoxing" from mercury which may exist in your body in the ppm or ppb. Detox is a myth that you choose to embrace. I do not. You have drunk the Kool-Aid and I refuse to follow Kool-Aid drinkers down the proverbial rabbit hole.

I'm no longer going to participate in your hijacking of this thread.
 modivin
Msg: 331
Posted: 10/6/2011 2:03:00 PM
That's rather sad. I gave you credibility because you seemed to merit it. However, you don't seem to understand what it takes to pull your blinders off.

The sources I gave are highly credible. Its evident you did not even bother to look at what I provided. Of course removing mercury can cause problems, that is why there is a very specific process of removing it because of the level of toxicity to not only the patient, but the dentists and staff as well as environment.
Detox is not a myth. Of course detoxing exists. If you are exposed to a chemical or something that causes body harm, that is where detox comes in.

If you chose not to participate, that's fine. Just do your diligence and take a look at the world around you rather then what you have learned thus far. Just because you have not heard of every single doctor on the planet does not mean they are not a credible source. Just like if the study is something that you may not have heard of, does not mean it is invalid.

Simple case of you don't know what you don't know. Thus why it is important to keep your mind open. That is the only way you learn.
 me_me_me_pick_me
Msg: 332
Posted: 10/8/2011 6:22:45 AM
^
LOL, I could tell by her responses where it was going and gave up on her pages ago. I'm not going to put effort into convincing someone like her.
 Bnong
Msg: 333
Posted: 10/8/2011 7:11:42 AM
Says the water fasting herp derper...
 modivin
Msg: 334
Posted: 10/8/2011 10:14:50 AM

Bnong....smiling.....that thought came in to my mind...

BTW, can you post the site you used for a post I saw on here that has been since taken down?
 Bnong
Msg: 335
Posted: 10/8/2011 10:47:39 AM
The overview about metabolic rate?
 modivin
Msg: 336
Posted: 10/8/2011 1:42:25 PM
Yes! Where did it go? I read what you wrote, went to the site and wanted to look more in to it but the thread is gone.
 Bnong
Msg: 337
Posted: 10/8/2011 2:59:57 PM
I dunno. Anytime I post a thread with any sort of information it gets deleted.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/metabolic-rate-overview.html

That place is literally an encyclopedia of nutritional information. I've spent countless hours reading study reviews and articles on that site. Lyle Mcdonald is a nutritional genius.
 modivin
Msg: 338
Posted: 10/8/2011 5:33:35 PM
Anytime I post a thread with any sort of information it gets deleted.

That truly is a shame. I don't understand why most of the stuff is on here if education is deleted. I'm borderline with deleting my profile.

Thanks for the link. When it comes to nutrition and wellness..reading as much as I can only helps others in the future.
 me_me_me_pick_me
Msg: 339
Posted: 10/9/2011 4:12:37 PM

Responded the twerp twerp.
 totalazzhole
Msg: 340
Posted: 10/11/2011 7:46:26 AM

I believe one of the posting rules is you are not supposed to post links to other websites..
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts70399.aspx
 Bnong
Msg: 341
Posted: 10/11/2011 12:32:42 PM
I've made them without posting links. Only the last one contained a link, since I'm not a plagarist.
 CrazyCanuckz
Msg: 342
Posted: 10/11/2011 5:37:54 PM

I believe one of the posting rules is you are not supposed to post links to other websites..
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts70399.aspx

I highly doubt that considering other users posted links to web sites, then why aren't they deleted. I bet you one of the users or a group of users complained about your posts. It's usually how it goes. I suggest not debating with the person again, there's no point really.
 satx78218
Msg: 343
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2011 8:36:25 AM
From a co-worker who eats meat, is obese, and but intellectually follows the Bible:

Daniel chapter 1:12

12 “Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink.

13 Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see.”

14 So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days.

15 At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food.

16 So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.
 Jammone
Msg: 344
Posted: 10/14/2011 7:57:56 PM
Yes, I was fasting for two weeks and survive with only water. I was under The Penn Program supervision. It was a great experience and I feel wonderful since than.

With this program people learned how not to eat in order to lose weight, but they have also learned how to maintain their ideal weight. They learned that they have to be permanently change their habits and thoughts about eating, and learned that eating is no longer the most important thing in their life. They also learned how to eat without feel guilty, frustrated, or uncomfortable. The new way they have learned to eat is their own personal way, so there is no reason for them to revert back to a way of eating that has only caused them unhappiness.

Yes, I agree with the others to be under a doctor's supervision, and I also know that you can stay without water for days, weeks and months.
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2011 10:24:04 PM

I also know that you can stay without water for days, weeks and months.
You also can't survive on water alone for weeks and certainly not for months.

Well, I have no idea what the Penn Program claims to do but the above claim is completely whacked. Even the fittest person would be dead within 5-6 days without water.

If a program taught you how to eat properly, you wouldn't need to fast.
 Jammone
Msg: 346
Posted: 10/16/2011 10:57:36 PM
I really don't care if you believe it or not.

Wow! Really? After 5-6 days without water you would be dead..... who told you that??
Try to read and get informed.
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 347
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 8:33:36 AM

who told you that??

Actually, any biology degree that includes study of animal physiology (and humans are animals) will include lectures on osmoregulation, which includes study of blood plasma, kidneys, urination, tissue hydration, etc.

You can't thrive without water or via water alone. Surprising that that fact still seems so elusive. Depriving your body of nutrients or proper hydration is just radical health extremism at its worst.
 FoxyMoron74
Msg: 348
Posted: 10/18/2011 1:19:30 PM

Yes, I agree with the others to be under a doctor's supervision, and I also know that you can stay without water for days, weeks and months.

Erm, i think that statement alone says that maybe fasting is bad for you. It appears to kill your brain cells.
You can go for between 3 - 5 days without water, then you die. Even in that time you would have severe dehydration leading to the organs beginning to shut down.
 SleepyMcGee
Msg: 349
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2011 1:29:43 PM

Wow! Really? After 5-6 days without water you would be dead..

Maybe not, but well on your way and very close to it. Perhaps instead of harping on people to get informed, you should educate yourself on basic biology.
 Jammone
Msg: 350
Posted: 10/29/2011 7:19:07 AM
SleepyMcGee,

Don't worry, I am very well informed. I been there, I had done it and I am pretty healthy. It was an amazing experience.
No more comments, it would be better.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Water Fasting--who has done it?