Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Women Blocking Me      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 happyrebel
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Women Blocking MePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Hi, I like your profile would you care to chat sometime".

OP, this is a generic 'cut &paste' opening email. Come on now-think about it. It sounds to me like its something that can be sent to 100's of women with the hope that at least one replies. Surely you can do better. It sounds to me like a man that's on here a lot, sending emails to all the girls in his area with the hope that he can score with at least one. It comes across as meaning that my profile didn't really do anymore for you than the 100's of others you probably emailed the same night. If that's the case, why would I reply?

I rarely (if ever) block anyone-unless they're persistant & rude.

My advice would be to come up with some originality.

HR
 DG1988
Msg: 27
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/10/2008 1:58:54 PM
Well Things are obviously bad enough on this site that a simple Hello has a double meaning.

Well I hate to say this but I DONE with this site. I'm pulling my profile cause I just keep getting blocked for no reason.

Thanks everyone for your input. And good luck on this site.
 kelly727
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/10/2008 6:26:51 PM
Of course emailing carries an obligation, if you are at all polite. Responding positively or negatively is fine and far more acceptable than zero communication. I have never failed to respond to an invitation from anyone, whether I was interested or not. It's called courtesy, and if you women on here are fed up with abusive emails from guys who won't take "no" for an answer, then simply block them. Using that as an excuse to not reply to anyone in whom you're not interested is cowardly and rude in the extreme.

Good manners are always in fashion.
 SlySkyS
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/10/2008 9:44:05 PM
lol well, after my first reply here I come back with another reply lol coz for the first time, I've been blocked lolol and I have now an answer to it lolol... some ppl are sometimes too sensitive and might misunderstand/assume things about you by what you say...

For my part, I found this really nice profile and was surprised to see that the man was still single so I asked him how come... that man has a lot of boundaries, which in a way is really nice to see coz it shows that he's really protective of his personal life/relationships, etc... but he assumed that I thought that there was something wrong with him hahahaha... when in fact, I'm just really surprised that nobody has snatched his heart yet... and he misunderstood my sarcastic ways for something else lolol... and 3rd and last assumption that he made, was to think that I'm searching for a mate lol... my profile clearly says that I'm only here for the forums lolol...

So as you can see... ppl can misunderstand/assume things that are not lol... so for my part I find that pretty cute and I have to say, funny to see... nonetheless, there's nothing you can do in those situations - please dont dwell on it - but to wish that person well and good luck ;)~

So keep on smiling and laughing as much as you can coz one day, you'll find your pearl... just dont despair :)~

Good Luck to you! :)~
 kelly727
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/10/2008 11:47:10 PM
Your profile says "forums" your "looking for" says "Long term". Understand why people are confused?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL?
 chelle18
Msg: 31
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/10/2008 11:51:28 PM
THERE COULD BE MANY REASONS. I DONT I TALK TO THEM UNTELL THEY GET CREEPY. THE ONLY TIME I HAVE BLOCKED SOME ONE WAS A GUY AROUND 57 STARTED TO TALK YO ME WELL HE IS OLD ENOUGHT TO BE MY DAD LOL
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/10/2008 11:52:45 PM
I didn't know that the email disappears when you get blocked. It might also disappear if a woman has cancelled her profile? I don't personally block unless I'm actually offended.
 SlySkyS
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/11/2008 12:18:15 AM
@ Kelly727

Well, if you look at the options given by POF lol there's no such thing as "not looking" lol or "forum only" lol...

I didnt change anything in my profile except for adding that I'm here for the forums coz it's pretty obvious that when somebody write that so in plain sight, it means please disregard the rest of the profile... I'm only here for the forums...

You should check other profiles that do have the same "long term" and a note in the body of the page that says that the person is only here for the forums...

I can see how confusing "you" might be by that lol... and yes! I'm being sarcastic!!! hahahahahaha... :)~
 kelly727
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/12/2008 7:35:35 PM
@SlySky

Then simply choose "friends" as a "looking for" option. "LTR" still sends just that message, and a guy will see what he wants to see.

Really, truly, sincerely, hating the whole lol and abbreviation frenzy begat by emails and text messages....

I remain a big fan of clear communication...

Kelly
 stargazer1000
Msg: 35
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/12/2008 7:58:01 PM
Interesting. I've used the "let's chat" thing meaning exactly that...talk, exchange ideas, thoughts, hopes aspirations. I should have realized there was that "cyber sex" association with it. Personally, I have no interest in cybersex. It seems a stupid waste of time, quite frankly.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 36
Women Blocking Me
Posted: 8/12/2008 9:01:42 PM
I don't like the im popup from someone I have no clue or never emailed. I found out this is a way from those who have been flagged as contacting others or looking for intimitate encounters/sex to get around those filters. They can't email you but they can im if you accept. And yes, the "Let's Chat" is very often a door opener to cyber sex, which is why I have those filters on.

As for blocking me, can't say specifically why to the OP, especially since his profile is gone. I have rarely used it and the last time was to someone who did the above, used the IM to get around my filters which is pretty clear (as well as in my profile) I am not interested in casual/intimate encounters/just sex - whatever other way to put it.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Women Blocking Me