Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should you state in your profile that you’re looking for marriage?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweethang100
Msg: 26
Should you state in your profile that you’re looking for marriage?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
As far as what folks think...DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! Each person will have his or her own view...and you can't please everyone all the time!

So, if your goal is to eventually get married...put it in your profile. If some run, that's their problem! Better you find out now, as opposed to later. I figure it this way, the odds of them running are pretty good when you're thinking,"Gee, I love him, and I wonder if he'll ever ask me to marry him", if he would run when you put you're 'interested in marriage, eventually'.

So, if you're seeking the one who isn't interested in that, take it off your profile.
If, however you're seeking someone who wants the same...go for it!

You have nothing to lose except the scaredy cats, anyway. Besides, by putting it on, you might even find out which ones are serious, and which ones are only here to cheat on their wives, or continually play the field, hehe. ;)

One last thought you might wish to take into consideration...Anyone who is seriously scared of a simple 'word' of marriage...would you really want them?
 Red_N_Blue
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Should you state in your profile that you’re looking for marriage?
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:27:46 PM

So it's something you will be looking forward to, not expecting to show up for the first coffee meeting in a wedding dress or anything.
Exactly.
 steelcowboy1959
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:38:56 PM
Just act like everyone else. (completely independent,and disinterested). If they know you want a marriage they run for the hills. (women to).
 Fight Naked
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:46:10 PM
I tell. My ultimate is marriage why say other wise. This does not mean tomorrow either. I will get to know someone and move forward but not just right into marriage. But if your goal is marriage state it. If you don't want marriage state that.

I am not into game playing.
 MREZA
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/15/2008 7:49:16 PM
its better to start as friends and see where it takes you ...

marriage isnt instant ...
 packagedealx3
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 8:03:27 PM
You can be upfront without making it sound like you want to hit the altar next week.

You can say that you are in no hurry to get into a relationship and want to take your time and choose the right person for you. You can also state that you would hope that over a period of years, it could grow into something solid enough to make permanent through marriage.

Many men and women ultimately have that goal, to find someone that they have that strong a connection with but making sure that people realize that you are in no hurry, that you want to establish a firm foundation with the right guy and that you don't need to be married but that type of lifestyle is something you would like to experience again with the right person.

You can also save that part of the information about who you are for e-mails. Make it clear that you are looking for long term but again, taking your time getting into a relationship. When you start getting to know them, you can then tell them that eventually you would like to get married to the right guy. I think you are making it more complicated than it needs to be.
 HardAssets
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/15/2008 8:39:22 PM
How is that such a beautiful and seemingly intelligent woman like yourself can be so confused as to whether you should tell the truth or not. Of course you should. But...it seems you're confused about more than just that. In your profile you used words like "great guy" and "quality man" to describe what you're looking for....then you imply that men without beards are like boys. Facial hair is not the epitome of masculinity ....it's simply an excuse not to shave! Besides....why would a man want to cultivate on his face what grows wild on his ass?
 indehills
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/15/2008 8:51:51 PM

I personally would. Some people just plain don't want to get married no matter what, regardless of whether or not they have been married in the past. If you have your heart set on marriage, it would be better to know right now that they don't want it, than to wait a year or two and THEN find out that this person never wants to be married.

That's the good thing about dating online like this. You can put what you want up front, and if someone doesn't like it, then they weren't the one for you anyway.
 albert496
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Why waste your time ?
Posted: 4/4/2012 10:10:15 PM
If you're looking for marriage, go ahead and say so.
You will probably get fewer responses, but those you DO get will likely be from people who are themselves looking for marriage. You can then avoid wasting your time with responses from people who don't want marriage.
Of course, there are always people that don't read profiles.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/4/2012 10:27:05 PM
IQF

I would be turned off by that looking for marriage thing too. Marriage surely crops up after you have met the right person and not before? Some people do just want to be married and it come across that way. The partner being secondary.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Should you state in your profile that you’re looking for marriage?