Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What makes men so mean and bitter after break up?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 c130herc
Msg: 101
What makes men so mean and bitter after break up?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
You hurt him.. Plain and simple and now he is getting back at you the only way he knows how... Treat you like shit.... It's so obvious I'm frankly concerned that women don't know this.......
 WarmBrandie
Msg: 102
What makes men so mean and bitter after break up?
Posted: 8/25/2008 6:44:47 AM
c130: That would be the obvious thing. If I had been the one doing the hurting, he didn't seem to be hurting at all. Now I see that for some reason, he must have been.
 KASL
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 8:28:19 AM
I understand TOO well. This is my X who walked out on us.
"Your anger makes me happy" Is from Happy Bunny. I am beginning to get it. He feels better if he makes you feel miserable. "Charming" I am discovering is a fascade to mask insecurity and lack of character. The only thing that matters to them is looking good, because that is what they learned was loveable about them. You are better off without him and TRUST your instints. They are usually never wrong, do not suppress them.
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/25/2008 8:37:05 AM
Without trying to sound like a prick here, the guy was a loser. Losers do things like that. It's actually pretty common. But in his defense, you really should have been tipped off that he was a loser well in advance by the giant waving red flag that he lied about everything.
 karenBisme
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/25/2008 11:23:47 AM
Plain and simple.... Bruised ego!!!!!!!
 iztel
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/25/2008 12:12:12 PM
the same thing that makes women so mean and bitter after a break up.
 manfishy
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 12:18:44 PM
Understand, when you become intimate with a liar, it's a heart issue. A heart that is all about SELF.
The physical sexual union, is a stronger bond than many like to admit.
This man, was using you for his own pleasures. This same "false love", has no problem with bitterness, when
he is confronted with an honest attempt for equal respect. I hope you quickly recover from such an abuser,
and find a man that truly loves you.
 Mikezt
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/25/2008 4:19:59 PM

My question is- What in the world could make someone talk like that to someone they once cared for? I never cheated, never lied, I gave him everything he wanted and then some. Any ideas why he didnt just walk away and not communicate with me anymore? He wanted to torture me for some reason. Didn't know if any of you guys had ever behaved this way at all. If so, then tell me what made you do it.

The fact that this guy lied from the beginning should give you some clue. He has serious issues, you are better off without him. It's difficult for me to believe someone cares for you and is able to lie like that.
 misssexyprincess
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/26/2008 9:35:25 PM
I too have just went through this situation. He was so nice and just a great guy, i really wanted things to work out with him but found out about his bad drinking habbit , which made him very mean and nasty. After a few weeks of seeing his "true" colors, i broke it off with him, and he then turned into a nasty , hatefull stalker who just couldnt let it go...... he said enough mean and threatening things to me, i had to tell the police about his threats and show them the threatening texts & emails he sent ... yeah he was a smart one )

makes me wonder at 38 yrs old , if i am a good judge of character , or just blind....
 bgrumling
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/27/2008 4:53:05 AM
"hate leads to anger anger leads to bitterness bitterness leads to the dark side " yoda

I guess I am a sith then because my hatred anger and bitterness keep me going and it keeps me warm at night and that also keeps me from getting hurt. Because also in the words of pink flyodd " I have become comfortably numb"
 Schon7
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:28:03 AM
It's so hard to know whether someone's genuinely a "good" person trust takes time and I sure as hell wouldn't be trusting anyone all too soon-I'm not a cynic but I don't fall quick. Everyone's different, they open up, trust, and see what they want to see. Anybody can be bitter after a break up it depends on the person their maturity, outlook, and attitude-there are a lot of people-men and women that aren't mature emotionally or good people . The good thing: you've learned a lot and know more for the next man you cross paths with. Respect yourself -set high standards-because life's short and you're too important
 Schon7
Msg: 112
lies
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:32:06 AM
ah also if a man lied to me-there's no way in hell I'd take him back
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What makes men so mean and bitter after break up?