Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why do men always want sex so early in a relationship?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Erik da Viking
Msg: 99
why do men always want sex so early in a relationship?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
(aka1961) Ahh. So why is it that even though I always pay my share of the meal, the guy STILL feels that he is entitled to more??

What's this "entitled to more" crap? Is HE the only one who's getting anything out of sex?

Geezus, get over yourself! Sex is a MUTUALLY ENJOYABLE experience (or it should be), not some sort of shameful degradation that a man wants to visit upon a woman! Nor is it the woman FINALLY consenting to commit some odious act to FINALLY gift some poor schlub!

Arlö *riggen*ratz*a*fratz*mumble*grumble*narfin*snarfin...
 Erik da Viking
Msg: 100
why do men always want sex so early in a relationship?
Posted: 8/21/2008 3:14:17 PM

(bk0069) Lemme see if I've figured out your meaning...

Woman wants sex: Go to bar, announce willingness to have sex. Pick from the volunteers.

Guy wants sex: Go to bank, withdraw $1-200, hire hooker.

Yeah, I suppose sex isn't that hard to come by.

He said it was easy to come by. He didn't say it was free. There's a difference.

Arlö (kids these days...)
 WantaSmart1
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 3:42:48 PM
Thanks for sort of defining "early" and "early on" in your previous posts.
A month of dating seems reasonably long enough to know if you want to continue a relationship. For some guys a month is an eternity.

As for every guy you go out with wanting sex early on...could if have to do with the profile info that you have up? I noticed that you're posting here under a user name specifically for the forums.

What does your "dating" persona's profile say? Could that have something to do with it? Are your pictures - if you have any there - even remotely suggestively posed?
What do you have for your reason for being here under that other ID? Long-term? Dating? "Other"? Maybe attracting the wrong type of guys?

Hard to answer without knowing that info first.

On the other hand, the guys you happen to date may simply be so-long deprived that any date they are chosen for is their internal "go ahead" to put the moves on you ASAP. May want to screen them a bit better in that case.
 Katir
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:53:35 PM
I believe that since women's lib guys are able to get sex much easier than they used to.

They don't have to have a relationship anymore to enjoy sex for it's own sake.

Unfortunately, since you are the type of person to want a solid relationship first, then there's going to be guys like that.

Who cares? Honestly they are doing you a favor by leaving early whether they mean to or not.

It's better to have the right guy, than a guy right now, would you agree?
 tall.cold.1
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/22/2008 3:35:46 AM

bk0069 wrote: JB: I'm not the one who claimed sex is easy to come by for anyone. That would include those who are neither attractive, rich, powerful, nor famous. (Those would be the top priorities among women, at least as evidenced by their actions rather than their stated preferences.) Sex is really not 'easy to come by' for a guy. Even players have to work at it.

There are guys out there who don't (or won't) work, who live at home with their mothers, who have a huge gut, and they don't seem to have a problem attracting women, so a guy doesn't necessarily have to be attractive, rich, powerful, or famous to attract women.
 pontus6
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 11:56:47 AM
For some sex is a big deal and for others it is just filling the need we all have for a little intimacy like eating when we are hungry. It depends much on our level of experience but is either right or wrong? Are we not damed if we do it and also damed if we don't do it? If we don't eat we starve and if we do we risk food addiction or stomach pains. There is always some misunderstanding of the other persons interest so who's fault is that? Most of us don't even know what our own interest is till we try but we are all born hungry. Love is the most misunderstood word because it can not be defined. As soon as we say what it is then it is that and then no longer love. I just feel sad for those who think they know what they want and what they don't want before they even look or try. Maybe it is good to moderate indulgence a bit though? As for me I am happy with a nice kiss or two.
 LemonVision
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 11:37:58 AM
Stop tarring us all with the same brush :(

I'm not like that, and nor are most of the guys I know. I only know one who'd do this, and he'd be honest with the person concerned about his intentions if he did.
 LemonVision
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 2:15:53 PM
Well, I do think there's something pretty unpleasant about sex with someone I don't see myself having a future with... I just couldn't do it. Just a reminder, we're not all like you :S
 superbadzzz
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/25/2008 4:40:29 PM
why do women always want to talk so early in a relationship? they date you for a couple weeks and then want to know private things like your name.
 abelian
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/25/2008 5:33:57 PM
As someone who has dated for 25+ years without ever having gotten married, about all I can say is that dating has changed a LOT in that time. If you haven't dated in 12 years, dating is not going to be the same as you remember it. Although guys typically have always wanted sex early on, you'll probably find guys are more upfront about it now.
 abelian
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/25/2008 5:42:39 PM

(2) Pragmatically, if someone's really THAT into you, whether sex is early or later in a relationship will have no effect.

On the contrary, I have to wonder if someone is all that into me if she doesn't want to have sex with me.
 Zapotocky
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 5:52:29 PM
Well, there are several reasons. The biggest is that men feel that sex per se is a good thing. They also believe that the more they use their sexual equipment, the better their sexual functioning and their health in general will be. And they want to make sure you are not a sex-rationer.

One larger issue to bear in mind is that men have a different outlook on relationships than women do. Men enter intimate relationships because of the things they do with their partner, which if they are lucky includes plenty of sex. And, the more sex the better--- especially if it is good sex. Women do thinsg with their partner for the sake of being in an intimate relationship... and they often believe that it is wasteful to have sex with him more often than absolutely necessary to keep him around.
 Erik da Viking
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/26/2008 4:29:34 AM

(zapotocky) Well, there are several reasons. The biggest is that men feel that sex per se is a good thing.

*blink*blink* You mean, it isn't???

One larger issue to bear in mind is that men have a different outlook on relationships than women do. Men enter intimate relationships because of the things they do with their partner, which if they are lucky includes plenty of sex. And, the more sex the better--- especially if it is good sex. Women do thinsg with their partner for the sake of being in an intimate relationship... and they often believe that it is wasteful to have sex with him more often than absolutely necessary to keep him around.

We have a name for women like that -- single.

Arlö
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why do men always want sex so early in a relationship?