Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > The worst breakup line ever      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Uggh
Msg: 201
view profile
History
The worst breakup line everPage 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
It's over five years but I think he is still trying to figure what to tell me.
 h2o_baby
Msg: 202
The worst breakup line ever
Posted: 12/10/2008 9:57:11 AM
Okay, well had to share mine from someone I dated for a few months....and this was done via text..."Stick a fork in me, I'm done!" This was while I was playing softball.

Very mature I must say!

Just had to share.
 dreamingbirds
Msg: 203
Posted: 12/11/2008 12:18:23 PM
One thing I want to say is, in my opinion, most people do not know the difference between, in love and love. Love is a choice and your friend loves you but chooses not to be with you. What is wrong with that? I think most people think "in love" = "lust". Or at least men think sex = love. It is not the same for women.
It is good to hear when people say they love you.
My last relationship broke up because he wanted to keep his ex in his life. She was cheating on him, drinking too much and manipulating him. His choice. He loved her.
His choice was to keep her in his life.
He told me he loved me too and I choose to believe it. Simple.
Now the worst for me......................... Thin Air. HOW RUDE! I feel like a in headlights.
 funone571
Msg: 204
Posted: 12/11/2008 12:48:30 PM
Personally I always loved the "it's not you it's me" b/s they throw in your face just before they rip your heart out
 snowman73
Msg: 205
Posted: 12/11/2008 11:17:54 PM
Esk 04 good point I enjoyed your post. I just wanted to also add that love is just not about saying the word it's also a person's actions behind it. Many people tend to forget this as I always say actions speak louder than words and it is so true. Sorry about your ex, guys can be complete a**holes.
 ValentinoScaramanga
Msg: 206
Posted: 12/12/2008 5:27:38 AM
"love isn't enough"
 fairnan
Msg: 207
Posted: 12/14/2008 7:32:59 AM
Here's mine after a six month relationship. Sent to me between coming home from a vacation and right before our Labor Day weekend plans . . . .

Because I'm a coward and hate confrontation, I am writing you this.
In the last 2 nights my ex-wife and ex-girlfriend have gotten in touch with me.
Both have had the same thing to say, sell your house and move in with me.
It's quite confusing, also flattering
I like you a lot, we had a lot in common and the sex was incredible.
You are a wonderful person and I had a great time with you in the time we spent together.
But, I have to sort this all out, so for the time being I have to put you on hold.
I am truly sorry about this and told both women why didn't they do this a month ago, not that that's any consultation.

Never heard another word from him - never returned my call, email or text . . . REAL mature
 CRAZYTOWN
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 10:13:52 AM
Ah I got one

Collect call from inmate #67299045
 hardworker35
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 11:12:39 AM
I have the best one dated this girl for 15 months last tuesday night she calls me up to ask me if i would be her date to a chrismas party says we will have a great time and every thing finishes it off with I love you and all that . The next three days i dont hear from her nada no retured calls went by her house wouldnt answer the door . So friday night I go by her place and she answers the door says leave me the **** alone im getting back with my ex hubby that she has ben divorced for 3 years from , slams the door in my face . So I get on the cell and call because im in shock to say the least to ask what the hell was that. She tells me im scareing her and to leave her alone , I better not become a stalker if i know whats good for me , I just ask what the hell happened from tuesday night to wednesday. All I get is alot has happened and its not about you I have to think about myself and my kids. btw the kids are 17 and 20 so i think they know their dad was an ass and thats why they got a divorce in the first place. Tell her what ever and have a good life , hang up think its over and what a b***h . Then the next morning she calls to say she is sorry she didnt mean to be so mean and then just hangs up . im like what the heck was that about. So I dont know but I think that was the worst break up I have ever had and im still confused to what the heck happened other then I know I will never understand women.
 CRAZYTOWN
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 11:24:42 AM
"then I know I will never understand women"

That is something we all have to accept good luck ,and thats more than just a break up line thats a deputy visit .
 wassupwassabi
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 2:07:13 PM
I've got two funny lines that I've heard before:

"You are so cute! Are you shy?" (when a girl moved away and I was asking her if she wanted to try a long-distance relationship)

"I'll piss on your face if I ever see you again" (got this one over IM one time)
 RobbyTheReaper
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2008 5:50:53 AM
i'm sorry but that made me laugh XD thats so random and stupid
 g 04
Msg: 213
Posted: 12/15/2008 6:36:43 AM
There are many different kinds of love snowman, some are harder to define than others. As far as cheapening the word; to me love is such a word that can not be cheapened, just misinterpreted.

In my opinion people should say exactly what they are thinking and feeling when ending a relationship, it's the lies, sugar coating and wondering that f**ks us up.

Worst line I ever got was " My dad is forcing me to break up with you" of course that was in high school.
 Straight Christian Lady
Msg: 214
Posted: 12/15/2008 4:22:04 PM
"You're too fat for me." (he was at least 200 lbs heavier than I was)
 PrettyPS
Msg: 215
Posted: 12/15/2008 7:52:44 PM
How about this one: "I Love you but I am not in Love with you". HUH....
 mitchchan
Msg: 216
Posted: 12/15/2008 8:03:55 PM
One of my good friends telling me she got dumped over her breast implants.... idiot.. hope her ex... karma will bite him back in the ass.
 cosmea
Msg: 217
Posted: 12/16/2008 3:08:49 PM
By text message after a couple of months of great dates and great..you know.. and him saying very romantic wonderful things:

"Hi, hope yr weekend is going well. Thanks 4 yr last msg but Ive decided 2 go exclusive with a girl I met a couple of wks ago."

That's it.

By TEXT MESSAGE!!!!

Insert rude word here. Personally, I've been remided of Dennis O Leary's song beginning with A.

Grrrr.
 lili5588
Msg: 218
Posted: 12/16/2008 6:14:42 PM
I was just dumped by my boyfriend (Will Divine) by text message citing that he was not sure if I was meant to be "THE" one for him so he wants to date others to find out
because he hasn't dated much, being an ex-monk....oh, & would not answer any texts
or calls from me....this came after I had invited him for Christmas dinner with my Father since he said he had no plans!
 sheboplady
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2008 8:47:50 PM
"I don"t want to be in a relationship with you" I want you as a friend and maybe we can stiill have buddy sex" OUCH!!

That hurt but what do ya expect from a guy that is allready looking at his next challenge. Like ya say ease out but, we can still have sex once in a while. Buddy ya never going to have that pleasure again like ya say when your done its done. As for friendship well thats called an emotional hook to keep you on their line " Just In Case"
 ron1973l
Msg: 220
Posted: 12/16/2008 10:10:43 PM
Wow ...

All I can say man...is...

your posting deserves top billing. You hit the nail on the head with selfish people these days, people who put their concerns and carnal desires over those of others who they allegedly care for.

In a world of simpering idiocy, yours is a voice of clarity.
 redheadsarehot
Msg: 221
Posted: 12/19/2008 6:08:50 PM
How about no line at all. Other then a message left on my cell phone while at work. I love you I careabout you a lot but the dogs were barking and we'll be together someday but, I just got pissed off at the dogs. Later as the pieces of the puzzle came together... he moved to live with a woman he met at work.It lasted 5 days with her. LMAO.... Guys, talk with the woman to her face and dont be a lying shit.
 chickenlicking
Msg: 222
Posted: 12/20/2008 2:58:04 PM
It was in a film some were and people thought it was a nice way of saying "it's not you it's me"
Take it as Sorry it's not working out but I have no reason for it.
 ellibab
Msg: 223
Posted: 1/1/2009 11:14:35 PM
How about we are getting too serious
 Meh2k
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2009 1:31:19 AM

"I don"t want to be in a relationship with you" I want you as a friend and maybe we can stiill have buddy sex" OUCH!!

I've used that one once, not those exact words but close. In my defense though i was like 17 at the time so it doesn't really count
 tailless
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2009 5:51:08 PM
not the worst ever, but kind of squirm-inducing:

"i'm really hating myself right now, and don't want to take it out on you. i don't know what i think or how i feel. "

can't figure out whether it's actually kind or weaselly. after only a couple months. not that it matters.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > The worst breakup line ever