Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do attractive people have more trouble being monogamous?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Do attractive people have more trouble being monogamous?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I was just re-thinking this. My ex was exceptionally handsome and a cheater. I don't think it was that he had so many offers (but he did apparently find willing participants) I think he had three issues: no self-esteem, no brain cells above the belt and a winky with wanderlust. That just can't be a good combination.
 Funny_Girl
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Do attractive people have more trouble being monogamous?
Posted: 8/20/2008 2:44:45 PM
This is bringing back some very cool memories for me...thanks!:)

When the Italiano stud muffin and I started dating, I did a wee bit of squirming over his looks, wondering what on earth this yummy, handsome, sexy man saw in me, and how was I gonna keep him tied up? He works in a very large city where there's thousands of hot, beautiful women with money, lol, (I was a poor girl!) and coupled with the way he has to dress up for work, I was seriously thinking there wasn't a chance in hell he'd be around too long...so I decided to just enjoy this yummy ride.
So anyway, one day I finally let a lil of my angst out. I said "I bet you get hit on all damn day long, don't you"? Well goodness, that man starting laughing and kept laughing, and I'm thinking "wth"?? Finally he said, "nope...never. I think I must scare them or something...is it the "bad boy" look"?? OK, then it was my turn to laugh! I said "no, darlin. I don't think that's it...that's what would make them hit on you!"
So I was very puzzled. This man is off the charts sexy, smart, polished, confident...what was going on?

Now that I know him a hell of a lot better, I realize exactly what that was all about. He'd been married for 18 years prior to meeting me, and even tho he was quite unhappily married, these women were picking up on his "back off" vibe; he was a committed man that doesn't cheat, which means his vibe wasn't very too very inviting. :)

You can believe his sweet ass is still tied up. This man ain't going nowhere!
Posted: 8/20/2008 2:44:51 PM

No. Cheaters are the people who have trouble being monogamous.

Some of the questions that I read just are amazing!!!! OP are you seriously asking this question???

It has nothing to do with a persons looks as to whether or not they are faithful. It has to do with their character, who they are as a person. To imply that people who society considers (beauty is in the eye of the beholder and someone who cheats has NO beauty in my eyes) beautiful are more likely to cheat is ridiculous.
 trailgirl
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/20/2008 3:31:36 PM
Great answer, sweetjem!
What I find more common is very attractive people can be less likely to want to be in a committed relationship to start. But how one behaves once committed is completely irrelevant to looks.
 shamrockguy
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/20/2008 3:47:15 PM
Yes, attractive people have quite a bit more pressure on them from sources outside of their relationship. I am by no means an attractive man. I tend to date very attractive women. I have friends who women drool over as well. Believe me. I don't get hit on, and they got hit on constantly. Most of them have cheated. Sad, but true:(
Of course a person's moral fiber and there regard for their own principals are going to be factors. However, we are all human. All of us. We all are susceptible to temptation when it's there. When it isn't, well then we aren't:)
It's amazing how many people find themselves attractive isn't it?
 massageguy72
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/20/2008 3:59:34 PM
I agree with most people on here that just because a person is blessed with with good cells that molded them into an attractive person doesnt mean they are more likely to cheat. They probably get hit and have a better chance if they wanted to sleep with someone. Less likely to get shot down if they wanted it but it is a persons character. Im average looking and I used to be a DJ in a bar and cruise ship and I got hit on all the time too mainly cos I was the DJ. I had a girlfriend and this really hot blonde girl offered me anything I wanted to play her a song. I said I couldnt accept that offer cos I had a girlfriend but I would play her song. As well, Look at some of the hockey players out there that are ugly as hell, nose broken 5 times, long hair, no teeth and they get offered all the time. They cheat on their wives/ girlfriends all the time too. You just need to be rich and famous not good looking haha.
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/20/2008 4:10:03 PM
nope...i dont have a problem being monogamous...thats what i want!!!

*now looks in mirror and admires my puss*
 Sepia777
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/20/2008 4:27:16 PM
Cheating has nothing innately to do with ones physical appearance...Obviously it's the bottom feeders, low self esteem types, and people who lack impulse control who find it difficult to be monogamous.....They can run the gamut from hot to homely......
No matter how many times an attractive person gets hit on, if they are in a committed relationship and a good person inside - male or female, they are not going to cheat..
 MEGA_CHULO2007
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/20/2008 4:55:36 PM
I think so and so do a lot of other people...but they may deny it. Attractive people have more of opportunity therefore they have more trouble being monogamous. People propostion them more, offer them more dates, talk to them more etc etc....they're more of a liability.
 logicalnonsense*
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/20/2008 5:20:23 PM

Nope. However, some have MASSIVE ego's that seem to never get enough stroking!

Being pretty doesn't mean you can't say "No".

FACT!

It's about integrity...not looks...
 Davey_Decker
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/21/2008 4:05:30 AM
Yes, attractive people have more trouble being monogamous because they simply get more offers.
 nebula22
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:49:03 AM
I do have concerns about this..
There is a young woman that seems to be interested in me and she is very beautiful.
She says that men want to be her friend just because she is beautiful and they want to bed her.
While I do see her outer beauty, it is her inner beauty that draws me to her.
I am concerned that if we get together, could she be faithful to me with so many others wanting to be with her?
Male and female,, she gets hit on by both.
I will be spending Labor Day weekend with her and another gal that I am interested in.
She is also very pretty and intelligent. She also gets hit on by both men and women.
We will be at a very large invite only music festival.
These gals have never met, but both are aware of the other and know that I will be spending my time with both.
I know that I can and will be monogamous with who-ever I end up with.
But I do wonder if ether of them will do the same.
 FishOwl
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:56:47 AM
"Do attractive people have more trouble being monogamous?"

I have to say, not if they have any character. I can't comment on the first but I was the second. She died.
 callwilliam2
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/21/2008 7:00:55 AM

Interesting question. I really don't know. Maybe for some, but maybe not for others.
 cookie22222
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 7:24:20 AM
People who are unhappy in their relationships or people who are unhappy within themselves cheat - doesn't matter what they look like.
 zentral
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 7:55:35 AM

People who are unhappy in their relationships or people who are unhappy within themselves cheat - doesn't matter what they look like.

Exactly. And if they are physically attractive and charming, they'll find it much easier to find someone with whom to cheat than if they're butt-ugly and unpleasant! Attractive people may not be more likely to want to stray, but may be more successful when they do.
 girlwillbegirl
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/21/2008 8:07:48 AM
There seem to be plenty of attractive people who are faithful to their mates. On the other hand, there seem to be plenty of "dogs" (no offense to fans of canines) running around cheating on their spouses/significant others. Go figure.
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/21/2008 8:10:45 AM
What a stupid question! This is about a person's morals not a person's looks..............
 MMORPGRTSFPS
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/21/2008 8:26:58 AM
I agree that's it's all based on the person's morals and personality.

But I also agree with those who said that attractive people have more opportunities. This is very true.

Take an attractive person who is a bartender... that would be a highly opportunistic job, and thus, the chances of temptation overwhelming someone at some point increases.

So I think statistically, if you take the number of opportunities mixed with their career, whatever it might be, then it might lead to a situation where they do cheat more, regardless of personality, because the opportunity presents itself.

Also have to keep in mind a lot of attractive people are used to getting away with misbehaving because they are attractive and use their looks to their advantage.

I'm sure there are those who would disagree with the statistics, but I think the statistics would show me right.
Opportunity + Power (attractiveness) = Abuse (cheating)
 good kitty
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/21/2008 10:39:34 AM
Interesting........

How is forming any sort of opinion about someone based solely on their looks not shallow and prejudicial?

CzechLee
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:10:16 AM
I agree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway. Who is to say who is attractive and who is not. My ex-girlfriend and I had a monogamous relationship even though it was long distance. When we finally broke it off after seriously trying because living arraingments could not be taken care of, then going out with other people became ok.

We were honest enough to admit when it would not work, and honest enough to tell each other afterwards if we were dating someone else.
 daynadaze
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:18:38 AM
What a big ole pile of steaming BS. For some reason people tend to think that good looking people have it easier and get more, is not true, ugly people lie, cheat, steal and get caught up in drama just as much as pretty people, they also fall in love, have good marriages/relationships and happy lives and good jobs, just as often as pretty people do. Don't believe everything you read, look around, notice how many average to ugly people have it made in the shade while some pretty damn good looking people can't catch a drop of luck. It all evens out in the wash. Anyone who thinks they can't do or get something because of their looks is selling themselves short and anyone who thinks looks is all you need is selling themselves even shorter. It's an excuse that some use to not get above the pity-party whiner's club.
 juanchito26
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:20:51 AM

So because a person is seen as attractive to many others.. this must automatically mean that they have no morals??

It has nothing to do with morals. It has to do with choices. If you have money, chances are you are going to want to eat here, there and have more variety than the average person who is on a budget. It does not mean that, if you are attractive, you are not going to be monogamous.

However, you do have more people interested in you. Most attractive people I know not only tell me about their many relationships, they show me pics, names and even their ex's. For the average people like me, you can count our relationships with the hand's fingers, but for some attractive people, they sometimes can not remember how many people they've been with or dated simply because they have better looks and date more often (which is normal).

Morals are something else. It has nothing to do with temptation and availability. You can be a very moral person and yet have so many people after you that you just want to satisfy your desires and have fun.
 candid_1
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:40:56 AM
"A man is only as faithful as his options." - author forgotten
 cheyk
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/21/2008 1:08:13 PM
It is very judgemental to say that attractive people are more likely to cheat. Thats the same as saying less attractive people are less likely to cheat. It is ridiculous. If a person cheats it has nothing to do with how attractive they are, it has to do with who the person is, their morals or lack of and their sense of loyality, trust or honesty or their ability to appreciate who they are with a resist temptation, which all stems back to the loyality aspect.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do attractive people have more trouble being monogamous?