Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How do men feel about women with silver hair?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 foffeefifo
Msg: 251
How do men feel about women with silver hair?Page 11 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
us women do that hat thang too Paddy...with wide brims that add a nice deep shadow into which the forehead and eye wrinkles get swallowed up, camoflauging 10 years of lines...works like a charm

p.s. my chin hairs are coming in silver now too for a nice total coordinated effect
 itechman63
Msg: 252
view profile
History
How do men feel about women with silver hair?
Posted: 3/12/2011 9:07:03 AM
What would I think about a woman with silver hair? That our heads match.
 12phoenix
Msg: 253
Posted: 3/14/2011 1:04:48 PM
I have had "silver" hair since I was 25 years old.
I get lots of compliments on hair.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so if you don't like silver hair don't look at me.
People are sooooooo superficial.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2011 1:11:45 PM

What is superficial about having likes and dislikes?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
That doesn't mean people who don't behold you are
superficial?
 Laha Math
Msg: 255
Posted: 3/14/2011 4:37:21 PM
As a random sample of one I'd definitely be blown away by silver hair, given the price of silver these days. I think OP means grey hair, or possibly white hair. And I don't feel much about it either way as it's not a big part of a woman's attraction. A young woman can have lovely soft flowing dark hair and maybe an older woman misses that but it makes little difference to me. There are more important things which can catch the eye and hold attention, like posture, attitude, and intelligence. Having written that I confess to shaving the beard when it turned grey and made me look older, but let it grow back for the lower maintenance. Vanity, all is vanity.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 256
Posted: 3/14/2011 6:16:43 PM
I have to say browneyesboo you look maavelous in the witchyboo hat and the silver or is it purple hair - grey hair may just suit you.
 tangayika
Msg: 257
Posted: 3/18/2011 5:28:30 PM
Grey/silver hair has never been an issue for me. It depends on how you present yourself. The only hair colour a lady has to be weary about is dying your hair jet black! Same for guys. We just don't look good with black hair after a certain age....like a guy wearing a cheap toupee!

The things we cannot buy to improve our looks are class and style. You either have them or you don't. Looks too, but if you have class, style and personality, you can still wing it.
 GingersnapWA2
Msg: 258
Posted: 3/18/2011 8:55:57 PM
Since the women in my family don't 'go silver' but get an ugly faded orange look in the later years, I plan to be like my grandma and stay a redhead till I'm 80!
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 259
Posted: 3/18/2011 11:41:54 PM
^^I'm going to stay blonde until the day I die.

JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2011 9:10:59 AM

I think someone liking or not liking silver/grey hair goes alot deeper than just being "superficial." Silver hair is usually associated with old age, and grandparents, and senior citizens, etc. etc. I, personally, find gray hair a huge turn off because in my mind, it connotates 'old' and 'grandfatherly.' There's just a huge 'ick' factor in it for me.

Call me superficial all you want. Believe it or not, I'll still sleep just fine at night.
 Exciting1
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2011 9:28:37 AM
Yeah, the men I've been around usually want extreme white hair. It used to be black hair, but after the Brittany Spears and followers, it has to be white, and not a two-toned but all over. It's like if you don't have some extreme haircolor, usually in the order now of white, red, black, then you are not even a "woman" on their radar. A few of those guys that claim they have to have the extremely white hair have picked women who are the exact opposite of everything they said they had to have. Some of those guys have been so burned by the white hairs that they picked women who would be considered very ugly by the media standards because they are "safe" or can assist the guys in their businesses.

At one time, it was so bad that I could walk into a party where I didn't know over one person there, and people would start talking about how they wanted "a dark-haired girl"???? I had my natural light brown, dark blonde hair. Now, I would call them on their rude comments. A guy who knew I was interested invited me over to watch a movie. Then he started telling me about his "ex girlfriend with the dark hair"????? omg:((( I refused to color my hair dark back then, even though I knew guys wanted it. But it's like that Dr Phil line, how's it workin for ya? Well it didn't. So then I started seeing the whitehead craze. Eventually I bleached my hair, damaged condition of it; then tried the red, and wanted to go back white and lost my hair. That was when I got back on here for the second time, and got nearly no chances as compared to the longer white hair. Since then, my hair has grown back alot but I've basically fished the pond. I still get compliments on my hair. I still run into men who actually believe so many women are born with the unnatural white hair in spite of all the salons around. This is why men believe that women should look like the Brittany's etc. that they see on the movie screens.
 whytwater
Msg: 262
Posted: 3/19/2011 2:15:19 PM

I'm going to stay blonde until the day I die.

Yeah, me, too. Wouldn't wanna ick out any Jersey peeps.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 263
Posted: 3/19/2011 2:20:49 PM
There comes a point when someone looks worse when they are obviously trying to cover up thier age by artificial means. You can only put so many coats of paint on an old barn door before it just looks like an old barn door with too many coats of paint on it. They may fool the casual onlooker from a distance but the ones that have an up close and personal view can always see through the deception.

This fits in nicely with the tread about some women wearing too much make up or possible another about when it is time to stop with the plastic surgury
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 264
Posted: 3/19/2011 3:16:09 PM

You can only put so many coats of paint on an old barn door before it just looks like an old barn door with too many coats of paint on it

I think that old barn door looks way better with fresh paint than all worn and chipped and faded.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2011 3:28:44 PM

You can only put so many coats of paint on an old barn door before it just looks like an old barn door with too many coats of paint on it. They may fool the casual onlooker from a distance but the ones that have an up close and personal view can always see through the deception.

Some of the flabby old stallions looking at those old barn doors up close don't look any better. It doesn't mean they should be shot down.
 MsMicki
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2011 5:31:38 PM

I think that old barn door looks way better with fresh paint than all worn and chipped and faded.

Excuse me........but I am far from worn, chipped or faded......tyvm.
I can just about guarantee you I get far more messages complimenting me on my "unpainted" white hair than you do on your "painted" blond hair......from men and women both!
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 267
Posted: 3/19/2011 6:22:15 PM
^^Oh Ms Micki, I wasn't referring to YOU as an old barn Or any women, for that matter.
I wasn't actually talking about hair colour per se. I guess I meant generally keeping up appearances.
Sorry. I can see how you're not a mind reader.
PS I'm sure you get heaps more messages.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2011 6:46:19 PM

Excuse me........but I am far from worn, chipped or faded......tyvm.
I can just about guarantee you I get far more messages complimenting me on my "unpainted" white hair than you do on your "painted" blond hair......from men and women both.

Owie!! I may have missed something, but I so don't see where this was a personal attack. Personally? I have gray hair and I can't stand it. It's not viewable, at all, thank God for my natural color that hides the one spot where it chooses to reside. I have been told it's "nice" that I don't color, but for me? I'd rather NOT see it.

~OT~ My SO is stunning. He has gray at the temples. And yet? There is a difference between us. He looks "distinguished" and if mine showed? I'd look old. It's pretty simple. There is a double standard here. No matter what anyone says. It's a cosmetic/gender difference. I'm OK with this, for the moment. If it begins to bother me, seriously? Mine will disappear. Nothing personal to those who prefer to keep their hair gray, but it does make one look older ~ I'm not ready to go "graceful into the night." But that's just me.
 MsMicki
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2011 6:53:12 PM
Thanx for the clarification......cuz that sure read like only women that dye their hair are "fresh"...and us white haired wenches look worn!
(and no, I did not think you meant just "me" personally....but women with grey hair in general)

To each their own.....but I will repeat......Damn it's nice not to have to worry about roots and touch ups and the color coming out right!
I'll also admit I'm very lucky that my grey/silver/white hair (cuz I got all 3)
is a nice vibrant shade.

And for those that insist it makes someone look older......I am absolutely never guessed to be 48 years old. It may not be a guess of alot of years younger....but it is always younger. Never once has someone guessed me to be older than I am.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2011 7:32:03 PM

And for those that insist it makes someone look older......I am absolutely never guessed to be 48 years old. It may not be a guess of alot of years younger....but it is always younger. Never once has someone guessed me to be older than I am.

Wow, that's wonderful. I've not been so lucky. I'm often times guessed to be the exact age I am or a few years younger. There have been those who have guessed me
much younger, I found they have ulterior motives. But that's just been my experience. I am not ready to go under the knife or the peroxide yet, but I likely will be happy to do so when I'm not feeling the love anymore. It's a to each their own, I know that I rarely think someone is younger than their age ~ I can spot an age-liar quicker than I can type "How old are you REALLY???" (and I type fast.....LOL) much like actual age, there are tell-tell signs (at least to me) and I'm happy to admit, I've not done anything yet to avoid those signs, but I don't ignore them, either. I'll happily accept those white-lies I hear, I am not ready to face my reality yet: I'm getting old.
 MsMicki
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2011 8:05:09 PM
so far.......the couple extra pounds I carry seem to be keeping the wrinkles at bay!
so that helps alot! But I'm noticing some darkness under my eyes that my mother and her mother both had.....not sure there is any fighting that!

I do expect all the time I spend in the sun to catch up with me at some point tho!

Never understood the need to lie about one's age.....that will baffle me forever I think!
For me, I think that's one of the reason's I don't dye my hair anymore.....my hair
was jet black before......and I've never found a black hair dye that looked anywhere near natural. I see some women with the dyed black hair and it just looks so fake.....and personally I think it makes them look older!
 inthroughtheoutdoor
Msg: 272
Posted: 3/20/2011 7:59:44 AM

my hair was jet black before......and I've never found a black hair dye that looked anywhere near natural. I see some women with the dyed black hair and it just looks so fake.....and personally I think it makes them look older!

I also had very dark hair, not quite jet black, but close enough. And you're right (IMO)...there is not one colour/dye out there that can duplicate my natural hair colour without it looking fake and making me look not only older, but foolish.

So I use various shades of brown - I (home) colour my hair approximately every two to three weeks and I alternate between a dark/er shade of brown one time and the next, I go with a paler, warmer tone, so the ends don't become too dark between haircuts. I'm too cheap, too lazy and too apathetic to go to a salon to have my roots done professionally so keeping my hair short is the trade off.

I also have very thin hair and it's getting thinner as I get older - my entire hair pulled in a ponytail fits in an elastic the size of a cigarette, which is another reason I keep it short - a shorter/layered haircut gives an illusion of volume - it also makes it easier to hide/cover balding/thinning areas, if any (in my personal opinion and that of my professional ex- hairdressing self:).

As far as the OP, I tried to be brave a few times in the last few years and go natural (80-90% grey) but I honestly look like shyte with no colour in my hair - it makes me look faded and old, or at least older than I feel.

Even when my hair starts to pale between dye jobs, specially when I am busy/lazy and wait a month or more, I start to look sick and all washed up and regardless of how enlightened or above it all I like to think I am, the way I look affects how I feel about myself. Maybe in ten years I'll go grey - not now though - right now, it's hard enough coping with the all the other dirty rotten tricks my aging body is playing on me:(

Oh I almost forgot...how do men feel about blah blah blah...couldn't tell you and I couldn't care less how men or anyone feels about what I choose to do with my hair - besides, different people will have different opinions so Imma go with those who like what they see, regardless if it comes in a bottle or not;)
 poferette
Msg: 273
Posted: 3/20/2011 10:09:38 AM
I have loved men that have gray/silver/white in their hair. Why would it be different with me? I am getting older and it is getting more and more white hairs, but at least I still have hair right? If they don't like my hair, geez, move on ya know.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2011 11:44:14 AM

~OT~ My SO is stunning. He has gray at the temples. And yet? There is a difference between us. He looks "distinguished" and if mine showed? I'd look old. It's pretty simple. There is a double standard here. No matter what anyone says. It's a cosmetic/gender difference.

I feel this way too. I LOVE gray/graying hair on men. So darn sexy.

~ I'm not ready to go "graceful into the night." But that's just me

Nope, not just you...I intend to fight it all the way..lol

...mae
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 275
Posted: 3/20/2011 4:30:41 PM
So not wanting to look someones best by blending or covering gray is now the new "painted woman".
OMG!!!!!!! From some posts I would have thought some much more open minded..

* cough*

I am sure ruby and we other "painted" women that highlight or lighten our hair to have the gray blend or covered are SHUNNED by men

Op you look fabulous.

Do what you feel better doing.

I have highlighted my auburn hair to a strawberry blond or light red since I was 12 with "Sun In" then did my first box of" Nice and Sleasy" around 15.

There have been very few times since I have not done something to alter my hair color.
( Pregnancy) was one.

It makes fine hair feel thicker and oily hair less oily feeling.
It ads shine and bounce, I did before my first white hair poked through at 36..I LOVE it.

My choice.

Somehow this thread seems to be all about one poster now..Gawd have mercy..I should be so freaking HAWT and get so many messages ..BOW WOW me !!

Never understood the need to lie about one's age.....that will baffle me forever I think!
Riiiight.

I have found more men I know than women lie about age..and what has that got to do with hair color or any of your "beauty advise" like staying a "few" extra pounds got to do with it?
No thanks..

I can spot an age-liar quicker than I can type "How old are you REALLY???" (and I type fast.....LOL) much like actual age, there are tell-tell signs (at least to me)

^^^^^^^^^Ditto.
Check the neck, chest and forearms for age spots, sags, wrinkles. Seems some forget to moisturize/sunscreen that area.

IMO It's the WHOLE PICTURE of the person.

If you are healthy looking, take some pride in your appearance and have a good attitude do what you feel you need to do.

Hair and skin should look healthy also.
If some color makes you look and feel better why not?

Call me superficial all you want. Believe it or not, I'll still sleep just fine at night.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Forbid anyone get braces..LOL

Yeah I had those also..at 9..My Mom was soooooo superficial like that.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How do men feel about women with silver hair?