Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > EZ BBQ ribs falling off the bone      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 joeytbare
Msg: 26
view profile
History
EZ BBQ ribs falling off the bonePage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I have more,,,,,chocolate pudding cake, carrot cake with cream cheese topping, mashed potatoes with breakfast (one of my favorites),,,,,gonna weigh 400 lbs by christmas!!
 topless997
Msg: 27
EZ BBQ ribs falling off the bone
Posted: 9/4/2008 8:16:43 PM
I use the same method but use a couple bottles of beer instead of the coke. Then out of the oven and onto the bbq!!
 Xcen
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2008 9:02:56 PM
I intend to try your recipe method. For those wondering about the phosphoric acid (present in most sodas) it isnt much of a threat to the average persons stomach but long term frequent ingestion can pose problems with bone density and strength since it ties up calcium. Of more long-term concern is consumption of fructose and high-fructose corn syrup (the sweetner in most drinks, including sports drinks). Recent studies have proven that fructose is rapidly converted to fat ( unlike some other sugars such as glucose). That why die-hard soda drinkers usually pack a flabby spare tire. The occasional use of Coke, Pepsi, or Root Beer, or other sodas to make delicious tender ribs poses no threat at all.
 joeytbare
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 5:43:08 PM
OOOh in some places that would be considered "alcohol abuse", should save the beer for when the ribs are done! javascript:smilie('')
 SAguy_06
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:30:55 AM
When does the BBQ come in?

sounds liked "Baked Ribs" to me...

GO COWBOYS...Believe you me, We'll be having REAL bbq this sunday.
 joeytbare
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2008 10:37:10 AM
This method is intended for the cooks who don't have or want to bother with a smoker, grill or other labor intensive method of cooking ribs. It make the tenderest and juicy meats you will ever have.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/24/2008 12:11:22 AM
Oven roasted ribs...

using BBQ sauce is not BBQing
 Scruffers_Essex
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2008 7:28:23 AM
Sounds tempting and easy! Might well give it a bash!!
 12fretz
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/2/2009 7:41:22 AM
a simple way to do ribs............pull the membrain off the back. boil them in water (salted with spices) for about 10 minutes. then simply put them on the grill with whatever sauce you prefer. then cut the pieces off and serve.

have fun!!!
 sw2008
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/2/2009 11:15:51 AM
Made them last night. Fell off the bone as promised.
 mykidsmama
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/25/2009 7:22:19 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the coke tends to make any fat on the meat really sticky and kind of revolting? Otherwise they taste great! LOL
 joeytbare
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2009 5:56:55 PM
Ahh, but you are not to eat the fat,,,, :)
 mik1950
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/8/2009 6:05:11 PM
ribs are very versatile...i'm sure everyone that has cooked ribs has their own unique way...all good...
i parboil mine first...with S&P, garlic, celery,onions, bay leaves, a little chick soup base...whatever else tickles your fancy...
boil til tender then do them either on the q or in the oven
 lapilot
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2009 6:18:15 PM
I cut them into serving size pieces (3-4 ribs each), rub them with Emeril's BAM!, throw them into the slow cooker on low until they're fall off the bone tender, then glaze them on the grill (you could use the oven broiler, but I like the grill ... it's the manly thing to do).

Works for me and no one has sent them back.
 rustygetsit
Msg: 40
RIBS Cooked in Myer's Rum
Posted: 4/8/2009 8:01:48 PM
May not be what you're looking for, buT these are awesome!

RIBS COOKED IN MYER'S RUM BBQ SAUCE
4 pounds pork spareribs
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup rum
1/2 cup chile sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 dash ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut spareribs into serving size portions, wrap in double thickness of foil, and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Unwrap, and drain drippings. Place ribs in a large roasting pan.
In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, rum, chile sauce, garlic, mustard, and pepper. Coat ribs with sauce and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour, or refrigerate overnight.
Preheat grill for medium heat. Position grate four inches above heat source.
Brush grill grate with oil. Place ribs on grill, and cook for 30 minutes, basting with marinade.

You can also bake the ribs for 30 minutes for the final step, basting with sauce while cooking.
 lapilot
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2009 11:24:22 PM
Sounds tasty, Rusty ... me, I like to tinker, so I might cut down on the sugar, substitute ½ cup molasses for the catsup or a mix of molasses and barbecue sauce, add a bit of Dijon or maybe stone ground mustard to that, use dark rum, consider a chunky salsa or maybe a thick bruschetta mix instead of a chile sauce (don't get me wrong ... I like chile sauce ... just seems excessively sweet as we keep adding ingredients), skip the dry mustard, up the garlic, fresh cracked pepper to taste.

I'd also reduce the heat and increase the time, and while I might tent them with foil, I wouldn't wrap them in it. Braised on a rack over a water filled pan works. I cheat ... crockpot's easier.

Love the concept, though. Cheers,
 missfee1
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/11/2009 1:15:05 PM
Dear OP - can you use Pork ribs or does it have to be Beef Ribs?? Approx what weight of ribs do I need? I have never cooked ribs in my life so pretty clueless but want to try your recipe/suggestions of others posters
 Hawk8414
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/11/2009 2:03:09 PM
Missfeel, I think you can use pork ribs and beef ribs if you want. It depends on your taste. Me, I always use some liquid smoke on mine. Toasted sesame oil, liquid smoke, garlic, any kind of spices ,and just rub it all over real good. cook those babies in the oven until done, keep it low and slow, that way you don't over cook them,either. If you want to add BBQ sauce later, you can.
It just depends on your taste.
 missfee1
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/11/2009 2:24:57 PM
Thank you for your advice but what is - liquid smoke????? I have noticed this mentioned several times before & don't know if it is available in Australia but we may have a similar product if at least I have some idea what I'm after or what it is
 Classic Chassis
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2009 2:43:32 PM
Liquid smoke consists of smoke condensates that are produced through the controlled burning of wood chips or sawdust. The resulting smoke is passed through water, which captures and dissolves the smoke-flavored components in solution. This base can be condensed and modified through many methods to develop a wide range of smoke flavors.

Check your grocery store - might carry it in the aisle with Worcestershire, Lee & Perrins, etc. If not, the Vegan Society of Queensland sells it.

http://www.vegsoc.org.au/resources_details.asp?ID=263
 missfee1
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/11/2009 3:00:02 PM
Thank you so much - information supplied it is very helpful and appreciated and I will pass it on to others over here in Australia - bring on the ribs!
 rustygetsit
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/12/2009 4:13:31 PM

just seems excessively sweet

Lapilot, If I can remember correctly, I think in the early days (he's been making this recipe for 25 that I know of), it was a lot sweeter than usual. He now tends to play with it, like you do. Sometimes he starts them in the oven; ending on the grill, and vice versa. I think I'm leaning towards your version of the recipe even more. Hmm, think I'll have a rib cook-off with myself! See which one I like better.
 lapilot
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2009 4:45:06 PM
You're just trying to butter me up, Rusty ... no need to stop.
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/13/2009 12:10:51 PM
missfee ~
I'd gladly trade you a few bottles of liquid smoke for a bottle of Aussie Bunderberg. We just ran out !
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 4:10:18 PM
..I like Liquid Smoke ..but be careful with it. It is extremely concentrated, and I have been known to just dip a spoon in it and then stir whatever I'm flavoring until I get it "smoky" enough. Measuring it is easy enough if you're making a very large dish....but take your time, and mix it to taste.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > EZ BBQ ribs falling off the bone