Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > my boyfriend still has profile up on POF, what do I do?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mm143
Msg: 126
view profile
History
my boyfriend still has profile up on POF, what do I do?Page 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
i agree bs and i dont think they have something real i think if 2 people r going to date they should really try and stay off here for awhile
 marissais5
Msg: 127
my boyfriend still has profile up on POF, what do I do?
Posted: 9/9/2008 9:20:45 PM
{I have a guy that told me "you are the coolest woman I have ever known or been in bed with" he also told me "You are the most intelligent open minded girl I know" I also treat him very well, I respect him and I adore him, I do alot of nice things for him and we LAUGH our ass off together all the time}

Here is my opinion......he only tells you that you are great when it relates to sex, based on what you have written. My catch is that he is kind of only wanting you for sex.
Heck..you treat him great, give him awesome sex! Then he keeps his profile up....for a reason. I say run, run away very fast and wake up! He should also be treating you very well and cooking you dinner. If he really cared for you he would ! If he only treats you great in bed and only feeds you compliments about that. Listen and wake up! I wish you all the best of luck!
 frecklesandkisses
Msg: 128
Posted: 9/9/2008 9:38:10 PM
his networking sounds more like net casting to me. I would also be offended. he can hide his profile if he doesnt want to completely remove it. Even if just out of respect for your feelings. Now he is breeding mistrust and suspicion in your relationship.... that sucks and it will ultimatley be the bone of contention between you .
 Prednisonegirl
Msg: 129
Posted: 9/9/2008 10:28:45 PM
I realize the OP has ditched us..but I just wanted to add my 3 cents!
Cent 1..Op the relationship should be more than 'the kinky, great sex'. You have mentioned that a bunch of times.

Cent 2..You are driving yourself crazy. Someone earlier mentioned that as well. If you are feeling stress..and he cares for you..then he should honor your feelings. Since he doesn't seem to care that you are upset about the situation..then maybe you two are not that 'good' for each other. Doesn't mean he is right and your wrong (and vice versa) it just means that you two are not on the same page nor compatible.

Posted: 9/9/2008 303 PM
imo you went wrong the first time u had sex with him...if a couple has sex befor you guys make a mentel bond your ****ed either way...but he sounds like a douch he got what he wanted now he is pulling out...falling back...backing up...w/e u want to call it.. LT keep ur legs closed

Cent 3..I like what the quote above me wrote...quit having sex so early on..too many emotions! He's using you...it's not that difficult to figure out.

Sorry to hurt your feelings.....
 Larissan04
Msg: 130
Posted: 9/13/2008 12:06:07 AM
i know the OP is gone...but i am still cracking up over this one... i mean... she is a single mom, 38, and she has been with this guy since july, and they "love" eachother, and have "great sex." gee... but the guy has his profile up on POF, searchable, and it doesn't say anything about this supposed relationship that he's in! hmmmm...

i am sorry, but this guy is just using her. i am going to bet that within a few weeks he'll have moved on to another single mom for some "great, kinky sex."

lar
 RioVonWolf
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 12:33:27 AM
I advise stopping your activity. It is just making you crazy. You are starting to become obsessive and that takes the joy away from your relationship. Worse, he can track you too (if you know computers ) This is like looking a gift horse in the mouth. Enjoy being with him and forget this. You are in a good place if you stop making yourself upset.
 reba06
Msg: 132
Posted: 9/13/2008 1:04:18 AM
Look I have been there, I am dating a guy who i was spending all of his free time with..I know he wasent seeing anyone else but he was talking to other women online.. I asked him why he would do this when we were seeing each other..his response was there is nothing wrong in typing letters..he is right,,but his profile said he was still avail..and single this bothered me...So i figured i had a couple of choices to make. one end it all together..I didnt want to do that..I have fallen in love with him so the other was back off from him..make it clear what our relationship was...so i suggested that we still date but have the option of dating other people. It has done wonders for us there is no more fighting over this issue and we are actually spending more time together. I have also opened up my options to find mr. right rather it be him or someone else. Dont make yourself so available to him!!!Men no matter what thier age like a challenge..he knows you are always there no matter what...dont be..he might act differently! He may not be doing anything wrong! And if he finds someone else then you werent meant to be!
 knee_knee
Msg: 133
Posted: 9/13/2008 4:18:39 AM
how about move on and get a life.. ok hes profile is up?? yeah?
 Ed Bear
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 4:45:18 AM
I figured it out! OP means "original poster," no? Tell me if I haven't got it right.

Okay - I am not big on unearned trust. I don't trust someone because I love them, but rather the reverse more likely.

If you tell your SO (everyone know that one?) that you want exclusivity, then you can try saying you want their profile to make it clear they are in a monogamous relationship. Most likely a decent, committed lover would be willing to do so; if not, ask for a GOOD reason why not, think up another way to make sure, and see if he goes for that. Or ask him how HE can make you confident. "Don't you trust me?" gets the answer "this makes me worry I shouldn't."

And DO check the profile now and then. And you might even want to turn on "let people know I've viewed them" just so he knows.
ED BEAR
 Sleepless000
Msg: 135
Posted: 9/13/2008 4:47:19 AM
I have to agree with some one who said he is still 'casting his net'. It is a tough one and nothing you can do about it. He has to decide what he wants to do, you can't control that type of behavior, you just have to decide if you WANT to put up with it. The problem is it is hurtful and that is what bugs you. I knew a guy I saw every now and then and he contacted a friend of mine on line, (he did not know she was my friend) a day before we were going away on a trip together. I was really upset, it was hurtful that a day before we were doing something , like a vacation, they are trolling for 'fish' on the Internet. I dealt with it by not saying anything, sucking it up and just going on the trip because I wanted to go, (white water rafting, I had been looking forward to it). I was terribly resentful toward him the whole time. It lets you know where you stand though, it does not sound like an exclusive relationship in your BFs eyes, you have to decide if you want your end to be exclusive. Bottom line, you can't control him, only yourself. But his actions tell you what his character is.
 apainlessend
Msg: 136
Posted: 9/13/2008 4:49:15 AM

Leave him.
For me.
I won't change my profile though.

Or

Ask him to let you see his messages...
But do it right in front of him, not over the phone, as that would allow him time to delete everything. However, you will tell him over the phone, and give him time to delete them as you need to protect your own sanity, and prevent from being hurt.

Its easy! If he was serious he would at least have hidden his profile whilst waiting to see what happens. That he has not just says he is still "fishing". Aint rocket science!

Defending him eh? Who says he is that bright?
 smileee4u
Msg: 137
Posted: 9/13/2008 7:50:18 AM
You are his "f*U*C*K Buddy. I hope you enjoy your status. If not, then break up with him. He should be pretty easy to replace. You do not hold a special place in his heart! Do not throw your pearls to swine! He's really not that into you. Get the book Why Men Love B**I**T**C**H**E**S. Read this and live by it. It is your only chance to understand what is going on in your life. I care about you and I want you to get out of this situation you have found yourself in. Pleas e-mail me if you want. You can order this book on Amazon dot com.
 roger lee
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 9:23:00 AM
I an in a similar situation, & I'll explain why I am still on (hopefully that will help you to see what may be in his mind). My 'Friend' is also still on here. When I asked whether I would be better able to contact her thru her personal email, she said that she splits checking personal email & email here. She is here apparently for similar reasons as me. When a woman contacts me or I contact her, I am upfront about my relationship so she doesn't get the idea that I am still looking to date. I have been here to 'welcome' people who are new to my city, to POF, offer any suggestions and help, to act as a sounding board & offer counsel if desired. I also have some relationships where we do virtually little mre than small talk & wish each other a good weekend/holiday. Being here has been quite helpful to me as it has help me with my shyness. I have started a long time ago, & feel more at ease doing it, just dropping an 'out-of-the-blue' compliment to a particular woman. WHo knows what kind of a day that person has had. Maybe a single compliment could raise their spirits for the rest of the day. I have had 'random' compliments 'rescue' the remainder of the day from a bad mood that I had from work. I have on my 'favorites' list people who I have had conversations with (& still have occasional conversations) as well as people who I want to get to know, but for some reason don't have time at the moment, but want to e able to find them again when I have more time (I had 'lost' one person who I hadn't put on 'Favorites' & it took me 2 1/2 weeks to 'find' her just so I could drop her a line). Instead of putting an 'Update' on my profile, I just revise it to reflect my current situation. The reason I have not changed my status to 'Friends' is that so many seeking 'Friends' that I have seen, it seems to be synonymous with 'friends...with benefits.' That is not an idea I want to covey.
 DDay555
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 11:09:26 AM
Trust is something that isn't given lightly. That being said, I would never ask someone to take down their profiles. I make lots of friends online. I wouldn't want someone to be so insecure that they felt threatened simply because I'm social. The real test is WHO do I spend time with and talk with the most?
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 140
Posted: 9/13/2008 11:50:37 AM
If I meet someone from here or off of here, I would stay for the forums (which are very entertaining at times) but would certainly not be looking for anyone for chat, e mail or to hook up(hell I don't do that now). I also would not lie to a signifant other. I met someone one here that tried playing games and lying, but it all came out in the end. And what he was doing here was nothing compared to his life full of lies off of here. I trust anyone until given a reason not to.
 Nauvooknight
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 8:54:51 PM
If it bothers you that his account is still up, then tell him it bothers you. Oh but you might want to delete yours first.
 CSIN
Msg: 142
Posted: 9/13/2008 9:35:49 PM
This man is single and available. You were introduced as what you were, Female-Girl, Female friend, hence, "Girlfriend." Most adult men would have introduced you as their "Lady" or their "Woman" if they are/were serious about you. Men mark their territory.

The man is not getting off of here and is not going to let you control him! He probably is reading your post, also, and laughing. You keep talking about "good sex", which means nothing. If you really want the truth, give us his user name on here and let your "girlfriends" on here have a go at him. The truth will be in the pudding.
 Nomad1814
Msg: 143
Posted: 9/13/2008 9:46:15 PM
let me get this right.. you keep your profile only so you can see when he's been online ??? sex may be great but you do have trust issues..
 rockondon
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:38:25 PM

Tell him to put up a thread stating my girlfriend has a profile up on POF, what do I do?
 BrianN23
Msg: 145
Posted: 9/14/2008 12:31:20 AM
sleep with him more...hes losing interest in you.
 Pamperpooch000
Msg: 146
Posted: 9/14/2008 1:30:06 AM
Well.. my profile is hidden and it is only there so I can check when he logs on and off.. I am sure you know that when you add someone to your fav list... it shows last time logged on...sucks that i have to do that...but that is why I am here.....so I add him to my fav list and see, then I delete him right away....he does not know...but geez I COOK for him I CLEAN for him WE have GREAT sex I am not kidding, outside and otherstuff, we are both very, very sexual and have the same kind of kinkiness, So I cant figure this out????damn.

OP it's bad enough that you have a profile with 'long term' written on it, never mind the fact that you obviously don't trust him, therefore you shouldn't be with him. If you can't trust him and have to log in and out and add and delete him from your favourites, to my mind you are acting like a mad woman. He probably sees this on a subconscious level, which is why despite the fact that he may find you attractive, he probably doesn't think you have long term potential. If you continue being devious and jealous, he's not going to trust you either, and if you don't have trust in a relationship, then you don't have a relationship worth having IMO. Either come off here altogether and do your bit, then tell him you expect him to do the same or you're going to move on, or stop moaning about the fact that he's still on here looking, when by all accounts, you're still keeping your options open too, whilst deviously trying to spy on him. It smacks a bit of double standards at the very least.

Edit: Just realised the OP has already left the building.
 DDVELVETGIRL
Msg: 147
Posted: 9/14/2008 1:40:41 AM
Dump him he is playing the field while having his cake and eating it to. He is a player.. simple but true, you deserve better than his sorry butt. Find yourself a good, decent and kind man. This one needs to be filed in "The less than zero " file, I have known a few myself. The only thing he is looking for is a woman who is better than you, so he will keep you around until something better comes along. Get rid of him.
 fly_higher
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 1:46:20 AM

some one please tell me how to handle this...

Another trial for you to handle, Get him ( & You ) to put on your profile , as I did once when I started to go out with someone. ( it has now finished )
I have found a really beautiful women, I am not looking anymore, I am only here for the forums,
end quote

Pof is additive , Great fun to be here, When I find another beautiful lady I'll put the same quote up again. If you both do it , That shows a loving trust as it should be. Pof has helped me quite a bit to understand how other people think & react to various circumstances . I have never learnt so much. There are still some nice parties and funtions that you can both go to. ( everybody talks to everyone else without introduction.) Trust, trust & more trust should grow from that.
 misssteree
Msg: 149
Posted: 9/14/2008 1:55:17 AM
Dont trust him, internet dating sites are just too easy for the players , like candy in a sweet shop...
He is the insercure one , for hopeing someone else still looks and wants him by keeping profile on here ...

Its different if its not serious , but if its as good as you say, he should be happy with you
 nicepaducahguy
Msg: 150
Posted: 9/14/2008 2:01:05 AM
you got to be one of the dumbest backstabbing women i have seen on here.
you are so backwards, and you dont deserve anyone.
you are sneaking behind his back, spying on him. did you ever think, maybe he is checking on you, and seeing the last time you logged in also?
maybe he keeps seeing you log in everyday and thinks you are cheating on him. he is only treating you how you deserve to be treated.
you dont own him, so get over it. also, anytime you post a forum message, it shows up on your profile to other people, so you dumb woman get a life!
everytime he gets online , he can see the posts you are making behind his back lol
you are so stupid. i hope you get caught, and i hope he doesnt put up with you anymore, you act like you cant trust him, when you are barking louder, guilty dogs bark first.

you are psycho
how can "HE" have himself on "their" favorite list? dont you know how things work? anyone can add him as a friend, moron.
i'm gona add you to favorites myself, so that he thinks you have guys adding you also, how do you feel about that?
dumb chic

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > my boyfriend still has profile up on POF, what do I do?