Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > my boyfriend still has profile up on POF, what do I do?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ChicsLoveVics
Msg: 151
my boyfriend still has profile up on POF, what do I do?Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Why did you sleep w/ him if you knew this???????
 sweet-cheeks108
Msg: 152
my boyfriend still has profile up on POF, what do I do?
Posted: 9/14/2008 2:30:52 AM
Get rid of him, I had a bf met him on here etc, starting dating, spending weekends at his house etc, he was one of those men who hated players,cheaters, liars etc.... Anyway,cutting a long story short he was sleeping with other women he met on here, these women were meant to be 'just friends' apparantly. Girlfriend dont believe a word of it, dont trust him, or gave him the benefit of any doublt, if he now has a gf, there isnt any reason for him to still be on here . Get rid of his cheating ass
 cortchubby
Msg: 153
Posted: 9/14/2008 2:44:32 AM
Question: If youre so compatible with eachother then this shouldnt matter unless there is an issue of INSECURITY on your part. Not judging just sayin.
 windsor_saints
Msg: 154
Posted: 9/14/2008 5:25:21 AM
Am I only one who thinks that the OP sounds like a 16-year old girl? Everybody has been telling you exactly what they think and yet the OP still "needs to know why he is doing this." Many people have told you why, and they've pointed out your obvious control and trust issues, and the OP writes them off, oblivious to her own flaws.

If you trust your boyfriend, leave him be. You sound really needy.
 windsor_saints
Msg: 155
Posted: 9/14/2008 5:30:37 AM

Get rid of him, I had a bf met him on here etc, starting dating, spending weekends at his house etc, he was one of those men who hated players,cheaters, liars etc.... Anyway,cutting a long story short he was sleeping with other women he met on here, these women were meant to be 'just friends' apparantly. Girlfriend dont believe a word of it, dont trust him, or gave him the benefit of any doublt, if he now has a gf, there isnt any reason for him to still be on here . Get rid of his cheating ass

THIS is the lady with the REAL issues. She's accusing the OP's b/f of cheating on her just because it happened to her. Fantastic woman you are, really. I'm quite shocked to see that you're still single

I mean, what man WOULDN'T want a woman who never trusts him, never believes a word he says, and judges him based on her past experiences with other men?
 Drkeyedbeauty
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 5:39:10 AM
Ok, You seriously need to stop telling us you guys have great, awsome, fabulous sex. We don't care and if you think a guy can ONLY have that kind of sex with just one person at a time and you're baseing the stability of your relationship on that, then you do have problems. If he was happy and content with the relationship he would of changed his profile or deleted it. Take your blinders off and save your dignity. There's never just one red flag so stop allowing him and yourself to make excuses. It is what you're thinking and you know it.
 sweet-cheeks108
Msg: 157
Posted: 9/14/2008 5:50:30 AM
Says 22yr old just out of nappies with no life experience, Anyways....all the evidence is there hun, go with your gut instinct, there is no relationship without trust, he is not even considering your feelings...enough said
 windsor_saints
Msg: 158
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:14:12 AM
Nice comeback, really. Because no 22-year old has life experience. I love how older, single women generalize all men and then swear it's the truth. I still cannot get over how these women are still single.

There is no "evidence" here. The OP still has her profile up, it says she's still looking in hers. How does that make it any different? Oh wait, because he's a man and because other women have been cheated on. That's why. Yeah, all men cheat. I guess my lack of life experience blinded me from realizing it. I'm terribly sorry to have imposed on the man bash fest here.
 Sunscent07
Msg: 159
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:15:20 AM
I stated to date someone from POF-we made a decision to delete our accounts-I did, he didn't.......he went into "hiding".I asked him about it and he responded"don't know how to do that "and asked me to show him!!!!!!!!".I did by DELETING him out of my life.WHY PUY UP WITH GAMES?
 windsor_saints
Msg: 160
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:18:17 AM
Pardon that guy for not knowing as much about POF as you do. Geez, you got rid of him because of THAT? Wow. I don't know how to delete my account either, but I suppose that makes ME a player as well.
 windsor_saints
Msg: 161
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:24:49 AM

there is no relationship without trust, he is not even considering your feelings...enough said

Really? And so she's considering HIS by continuing to spy on him? I would break up with a girl who had to know where I was and what I was doing at every minute of everyday. We had parents for that when we were younger. She is spying on him, and that displays a clear lack of trust on her part. How do you think this guy would feel if, in fact, he is not cheating, and sees that his g/f is spying on him and talking behind his back? He would be hurt by this.
 german chick 1968
Msg: 162
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:51:30 AM
omg . and you are open minded ???
you have issues , you realy do ...
it is a profile for god sake .
has he done anything , besides that , that you can not trust him ???
I am sure that befor he met you . he got to know some people on line ... chat buddies ....
you guys just started dating . slow the horses down a bit ...
aparently you do not trust him at at . sooooooooo why not call it quits ..?????
jealousy will kill EVERY realtionship ....
if you guy would have been dating for month now I can understand all that fuss , to some point , but then again I am totaly not jealous ... darn sure not at a profile ...
. how about building up trust first , ...
if it bothers you that much I would say . talk to him , tell him take if off/ change it or else ... Im sure that will go over very well

I assum the op postes this thread so her BF will read it after all he is still on POF too . I call that insecurty big times ...
 goldie1971
Msg: 163
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:51:38 AM
My significant other still has his profile up, as do I.
Mine says I am in a relationship, I haven't checked to see if his has and I'm not concerned if it does/doesn't.
I love and trust him and I'm not so insecure that I feel the need to make demands.
He has friends here the same as I do. It's a forum - real life is what matters.
 Pamperpooch000
Msg: 164
Posted: 9/14/2008 6:58:49 AM
I'll just repeat in case anyone missed it. The OP has DELETED her profile. Actually when I checked after my initial response to the thread, I realised it's a very old thread (like most of them cos the old ones stay up while the new ones get deleted).
 bullielover62
Msg: 165
Posted: 9/14/2008 7:00:18 AM
OK, the OP IS GONE, but there was one post of hers that stuck out for me......And far be if from me to let it go........

but geez I COOK for him I CLEAN for him WE have GREAT sex I am not kidding, outside and otherstuff, we are both very, very sexual and have the same kind of kinkiness, So I cant figure this out????damn.

damn is right! Who wouldn't want to keep a women that COOKS for him, CLEANS for him and give him GREAT KINKY SEX?!? Obvious much?!?!

People like this allow themselves to be used. They can't see the truth, because they've hidden it from themselves! She didn't want to let go of checking up, because that would have taken away her self imposed control over him. She refused to see that she might be being used, because that would mean seeing *the truth* and possibly losing what she had with him. So she *accepted* it and came here to vent. That's all.....

She was on PoF to check on him.

Well.. my profile is hidden and it is only there so I can check when he logs on and off.. I am sure you know that when you add someone to your fav list... it shows last time logged on...sucks that i have to do that...but that is why I am here.....so I add him to my fav list and see, then I delete him right away....he does not know...

Trust is earned. If you don't give a relationship the time for that to develop, you risk the chance of sabotaging it!

She wasn't interested in developing trust, because she didn't deserve it......
 german chick 1968
Msg: 166
Posted: 9/14/2008 7:03:16 AM
My significant other still has his profile up, as do I.
Mine says I am in a relationship, I haven't checked to see if his has and I'm not concerned if it does/doesn't

wtg goldie...
i am the same way . my Bf is not on line in any which way shape or form , the only time he uses the pc is to order his suppys for work /shop . he does that right here ...
I did not meet him on the net . but
his job takes him out of town a lot . but then again Im not a jealous person . he know im on line he has no problem with it . I try to show him my profil , he told me " dont worry babe , its just a box , if youu have fun hugging a box ,welllllllllll go for it , lol
he never gave me 1 reason not to turst . exampl . he is working 4 hours from here . 3 days ago he called .. ( i did not expect him to be back for couple of days ) . he said Im 10 min from the house get your BF out of there . I need a kiss and a hug . Lol
he drove 4 hours for that ... i say cool . his ex wife calls me too because of the kids .... dont face me a bit .....
I think If you not willing to give trust in a realtionship , you may as well forget it

well the the op even so she is gone ....
I do believe thats what that realationship is ... sex . it is built on sex, every second word of her is sex realy .... she need to grow up and get a life .. no realtionship , is built on sex
 nannyd
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 7:09:51 AM
Hi!
This question caught my attention b/c I have seriously thought many times about what I would do if I found the right person here on POF in regards to trust issues. Honestly, I feel like your bf has a self asteem issue. He wants a great girl like yourself that he has the entire package with but also wants to hold the attention of other women. I have been out with so many ppl from this site on just casual dates. I have found no one that has not got some kind of issue about their personality that I believe is the reason they have to online date. I posted a profile on POF specifically b/c I was new to my area and single. I never have been able to even "network" to find friends here. Everyone is looking for either sex, dating or other things. NO ONE HERE IS LOOKING FOR NETWORKING. I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for and especially hope you find a man that is not looking for the grass to be greener when it sounds like the grass is as green as it gets with YOU. Take Care!
 debbir566
Msg: 168
Posted: 9/14/2008 7:19:11 AM
I was seeing someone for almost 9mos that I met om POF. In the beginning we each put up a testamonial to each others profile saying we had met each other and were very happy, and were a success story . After things became more serious(he was about to move in with me) we each hid our profiles so that we would not be viewed for other dates. Well, a friend notified me that she saw a new updated profile of my BF on POF with pictures that I took of his kid etc. It also stated that his marital status was separated, not divorced as he lead me to believe for 9 mos. I confronted him, and confirmed that he was indeed still married (legally separated for insurance purposes....yea right!) So I say beware girl. There are a lot of untruthful guys out there and if he loved and respected you, and this relationship is going somewhere, he would find some other way to "network". By the way girls...stay clear of ggsdady!
 Sunscent07
Msg: 169
Posted: 9/14/2008 7:29:23 AM
It's like this Winsor.Did you have the smarts to post your profile?Did you have the smarts to read the section"help "right on the top of the page ?Were you smart enough to even post your account?You were smart enough to go under"hiding"
with your account...................the "delete"section is right on the top of"hiding".
Why didn't you ask for my help,If deleting your profile was such a struggle ....
I quess I see it this way...........if 2 people have decided to date and some decisions have been made TOGETHER- out of respect ,you go out of your way to keep them.........show the other person that you DO what you SAY.Just my opinion Winsor.
I come through with my promises and expect the same .......I would have prefered him telling me that he'll continue with posting his account.....but going into"hiding"wasn't my cup of tea.
 MaximumPipage
Msg: 170
Posted: 9/14/2008 7:38:09 AM
he is so cheating on you lol
 windsor_saints
Msg: 171
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:33:36 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong sunscent, but did you not say he told you he didn't know how to delete it? Instead of dumping him, you could have done the decent thing and said "Hey, that's okay. Let me show you how to do so." Ever think of that? Enjoy your tea ma'am. Enjoy it alone.
 Sunscent07
Msg: 172
Posted: 9/15/2008 3:58:26 AM
I guess Winsor I tend to look at the person and see if the person is intellectual enough to do basic things in life.This person was very intellectual ......again posting your account takes a lot of work /deleting ...push a botton-as simple as that.
He was able to read the words "delete" and "hiding"...................well like I said -just my opinion........good luck to you Winsor!
 sunbearinva
Msg: 173
Posted: 9/15/2008 4:13:08 AM
But, you are on PoF too.

wanting.true.love
Msg: 174
Posted: 9/15/2008 4:34:18 AM
I think the fact that you have your profile hidden and feel the need to check up on him should tell you ALOT! There is no trust! Without trust in a relationship what do you have?

I don't think that this is the place to do networking, I think he is on here scouting out other potential females...you said he is very sexual? Well I would be concerned, but thats just me.

I hope it works out for you...
 glitter282000
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2008 9:55:47 AM
I'm in a serious relationship and I still have my profile up on POF. I did, however, change the body to read that I was in a relationship and no longer looking. I left mine up for two reasons - one, I get bored at work and like to frequent the message boards. Two, I have a couple of friends that the only way I can IM them is through POF (since I'm at work and cannot download yahoo).

So either you trust your boyfriend or you don't. Go with your gut feeling. There's no black and white answer. It seems obvious you don't trust him or you wouldn't be sneaking around looking to see when he last logged on and stuff. In that case, maybe it's time to find you someone you can trust.

Best of luck. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > my boyfriend still has profile up on POF, what do I do?