Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > have u ever connected with someone emotionally and phisically but evr      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweet smilin woman
Msg: 27
have u ever connected with someone emotionally and phisically but evrything else made it impossible?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Geesh.. it sounds like you've read my journal!
 ColorsOutsideTheLines
Msg: 28
have u ever connected with someone emotionally and phisically but evrything else made it impossible?
Posted: 9/10/2008 4:54:02 PM
Not impossible, but definitely difficult.

In a 2 year LD relationship, weekends at best and 2 more (LONG) years to go. We have differences of opinion about committments: it would be wonderful, to me, as I would then see us as a couple gearing our lives toward togetherness over the next 2 years. He sees it as nothing can change for 2 years, so, what is the issue? LOL

We have dealt with multiple issues: different work schedules, separate vacations, mentalpause, driving, gas prices increasing all the time, lack of privacy, and so on.
We used to think that our being so different would stop this from working. We have worked through many difficulties, many of which would NEVER have been an issue if we lived nearer to one another so we could have a NORMAL relatiosnhip.

I will say that I have developed a lot of patience, which was never my best virtue.

LD's are HARD.
 venndiagram
Msg: 29
have u ever connected with someone emotionally and phisically but evrything else made it impossible?
Posted: 10/29/2010 3:52:04 PM
Yes. We fell in love, in spite of knowing that we were so different and had such different outlooks on life. We thought being in love would be enough- it isn't. In the end, you have to be able to live day to day with each other. I am sure if we had stayed together we would have killed each other!
 drumsafrican
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2011 7:46:11 AM
Boy, do I know that situation. There was a man 10 years ago and we had a wonderful relationship but he was in the army and had to move elsewhere and I would have lost my career and friends.

Accept that this man just isn't for you. Move on.

Judith
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > have u ever connected with someone emotionally and phisically but evrything else made it impossible?