Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do black girls like white guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nemchucks
Msg: 26
Do black girls like white guys?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I went on a date with a black girl once,it was a great date too.We went to a busy resturant.You know how people usually check you out as a couple when you go out?Well it was funny how everyone in the resturant went out of their way NOT to get caught looking at us.Mixed couples in my area is a rare thing but people here like to think of them selves as being very tolarant and wouldnt want to get caught dead being called a raisist.
 SteveinHP
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Do black girls like white guys?
Posted: 9/12/2008 9:01:50 PM
Damn Pisces you broke the tables

Well said though
 piscescoda
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/12/2008 10:24:58 PM
I just think it's stupid. I never try to pass someone's dislike for me off as "Men don't like women with black hair" or "Men don't like women who aren't doormats." I just figure he-- that ONE guy- doesn't like me, and who cares why? I'm not planning to change anytime soon. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to realize that and move on. You win some, you lose some. Find someone who DOES like you.
 esad
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 8:39:39 AM

Not to mention, if a
[black/white/hispanic/woman/man/demented/retarded/crippled/handicapped/blind/deaf/nonsmoker
/smoker/thosewithoutcars/thosescaredofscarymovies/thosethatwetthebed/
thosethatliveintheirparentsbasement/short/tall/fat/skinny/redhead/blonde/brunette/
longhaired/shorthaired/etc] rejected you its because they
didn't like you. Not for any other reason.

OH! So it was not because i am a Nice Guy ? She just hates ME?
But that means i might have to take responsibility for me being
a jerk ! We can’t have that kind of thing on POF!
When we ain’t gettin’ any, it is ALWAYS because the
other gender is SHALLOW!
If this turns into a fad, half of the Forum Topics will
disappear ! Then we might have to go out and MEET
people in the flesh instead of typing rants here.
I see a Red Flag! Run People ! RUN!

Great post piscescoda
 afashionlady
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/13/2008 8:45:42 AM

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to realize that and move on. You win some, you lose some. Find someone who DOES like you.

Piscescoda moves to the head of the class AND gets an auto-Evite to the soul harvesting club!!!

Well said milady!!!
 AaronT3K
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/13/2008 9:32:41 AM
There's not much more I can add to all of the intelligently-written posts that have appeared already, but there are a few point I'd like to hit.

LB23, You said, "I really do love black girls. Looks and personality." I teach at an African American High School. Black girls do not all look alike. Plus, despite some resounding stereotypical simularities because of the culture in which they reside, they certainly don't all have the same personality. But, when admitting you have a preference, you are never wrong. Please keep in mind, though, that some women may find it offensive to be "lumped in" with every other woman of her race, and women other races may be offended that, by admitting a preference, you are automatically excluding them.

Because of our society and the way we all like to look at, talk about, and judge each other, inter-racial dating is its own challenge. I'm an Anglo-Saxon male. I've dated several African-American Women and been in long-term relationships with Latinas. When out with my Latina girlfriend, it never even crossed my mind that we were of a different race. When I went out with the black girls, I ran into problems. Black males gave me dirty looks, people did double-takes, and once I even over heard a mother (who was black) tell her children not to stare. At the time, we laughed about them. My family certainly wasn't any trouble, but I know many families who would be completely unaccepting. These pressures could certainly play a part in the happiness of a relationship. When you embark on that journey (because it sounds like you will) be prepared to meet them head-on. You can't ignore that, presently, these situations occur and that you (and some African-American females) may not be prepared to face them.

I'm an individualist, and whomever I date has to have a concrete personality regardless of color. A personality that has its foundation firmly planted in any one culture, to me, is not a true individual. If I acted like a hick, then I wouldn't be surprised when that's the only type of person who would date me. MOST of my relationships have been with women of other races. This means nothing other than I choose not to see color except as just one more facet of a lady's gem.

One last thing. There is also the "hero factor." Some white men feel that they are "saving" women of another race by dating them. It's wonky, I know. It comes from all of those action movies with the strong white male lead. Men of low self esteem could fall into this line of thinking. My ex-gf, for instance, told me that I was immediately accepted by her family strictly BECAUSE I was white. I had never met them, but this is how I was judged worthy. This can easily give a white man a false sense of pride. I tried not to let it go to my head. I wasn't gracing the Latina race with my presence, I was dating a remarkable woman who had a Puerto-Rican background. THEY saw it that way.

So, society can truly make a relationship more complicated than it should be. Because of this, there are reasons to tread carefully. Sometimes I wish we all looked alike. There would be no "I'm not attracted to you that way . . .". We'd all be judged on our personalities. Period. Until we find a way, it's just going to be complicated.
 Robinrm
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 9:50:19 AM
I can see where you are coming from with this one OP. I used to live in West Midlands and it is not at all unusual to see a black guy with a white girl. The reverse is less frequent. Now I am not a racist at all (in fact if you read my profile you will see that I am a paid up member of an anti-racist party). But the fact remains, certainly where I used to live that black men go for white girls more than black girls go for white men. Additionally where does "black" stop? I had an asian girlfriend once (a sikh)...is she black? I am a Catholic and white, it didn't cause either of us any problems. Sorry if that sounds a bit heavy but I had to put my two pennorth in.
 piscescoda
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/13/2008 5:51:43 PM

Piscescoda moves to the head of the class AND gets an auto-Evite to the soul harvesting club!!!
YES!!! *fistpump*
 Wolfie_1106
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/13/2008 5:58:32 PM
this question is ridiculous...

no, there isn't a SINGLE black woman out in the world who dates white men...

maybe you're not finding anyone b/c you're looking at her as a black woman and not just a woman you want to date...

seriously, what did you expect from a question like this???????
 poetsmiles8989
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 7:33:58 PM
it really dosn't boil down to skin colar believe it or not. I know many interracial couples and they all look for different things in their partner, skin color isn't one of them.
 Anacaona
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/15/2008 10:55:41 AM
I do. I live in Vancouver, BC, where there aren't a lot of Black people, and I've noticed that even though a lot of White guys notice me, they tend to stay away. Not sure if it's because they're not used to Black girls, and they're scared, not sure how to approach me or what.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do black girls like white guys?