Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Would you wear lifts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheLimey
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Would you wear lifts?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have special inserts in my shoes that make me appear 3 inches shorter...
 JimmyD1963
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 1:47:41 PM
Tuckerjo: “For someone to say and really mean that they don't care how anyone perceives them or that they don't care if the opposite sex finds them attractive or not are either liars or have mental problems .We all do things to make ourselves look better even if all it is would be to take a shower, make yourselves smell nice, brush your teeth , wear flattering clothes etc.. After all if we were to all go completely natural then naturally we are a pretty smelly species.”

Scary thing is there are people out there that are like that. LOL Sad actually.

As for the lifts, I truly didn’t even know they made them for guys. But when I see a lady and see that she is just about the height I am looking for but she is in 4” heels I might not be interested. But the thing is we can see that she is in heels and mentally adjust to her physical height. Guys wearing “lifts” that are not evident to the lady he has approached seems misleading to me. IMHO
 pandamoose
Msg: 78
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 1:54:34 PM
jimmyd: I actually disagree with you there. I dress up, brush my teeth, and shower because I feel unclean otherwise. I could really care less what the opposite sex thinks of me, but I sure as hell won't let myself look and smell nasty to prove that I could care less. What I'm saying is your point stands that people who look and smell bad obviously don't care, but that doesn't go the other way around. Just because they don't care what other people think doesn't mean they HAVE to look and smell bad.
 lostgirl71
Msg: 79
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 1:59:20 PM
I'm getting the feeling ..............

KISS boots will be making a come back!

*burps smoke

they already have... please see Newrock.com

AWSOME shoes there - at least the womens the mens boots - well there you go guys your own platforms ...
 JimmyD1963
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 2:13:48 PM
Pandamoose: “jimmyd: I actually disagree with you there. I dress up, brush my teeth, and shower because I feel unclean otherwise. I could really care less what the opposite sex thinks of me”

Panda, I did not state that if you don’t care what the opposite sex thinks of you means that you do not practice good hygiene. What I was agreeing to is that there are people out there that not only don’t care what the opposite sex thinks but what anyone thinks of them and they are offensive to others which is just disrespectful to people in general. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.
 pandamoose
Msg: 81
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 2:17:46 PM
You said:

For someone to say and really mean that they don't care how anyone perceives them or that they don't care if the opposite sex finds them attractive or not are either liars or have mental problems

and then continued to say:

We all do things to make ourselves look better even if all it is would be to take a shower, make yourselves smell nice, brush your teeth , wear flattering clothes etc.

It implies that people make themselves look better for other people. I'm just saying that I make myself look better for my own sake, not to impress others, and I'm not a liar nor do I have mental problems.
 bk0x45
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 2:30:39 PM
panda: Read what you quoted carefully. Do you really claim to not care at all about how anyone perceives you? Not only potential dates, but potential employers, friends, etc? If you don't, then he wasn't calling you a liar or mentally ill.
 CanadianBeef
Msg: 83
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 2:34:54 PM
I think nothing less of any man or woman who try and better themselves or improve their own sense of self worth...

I would prefer he work out at a gym instead of using lifted shoes as it's a little more natural. Maybe wear dark clothes for a slimming effect and shoes with a 1 inch heel but whatev'

If he's comfortable wearing lifts and not scared to disappoint potential partners so be it. Giver!

Personally I would never wear lifts cause I fear disappointing people more than anything in life.
 AmBelCanto
Msg: 84
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 2:48:09 PM
I heard about a guy with a bad attitude who wore lifts when he went out and about. 'Thought he might get more action with the babes in the bars. 'Trouble was, he was already six foot four. I guess he thought he'd stand out more. He did. An average guy came up to him with one of the standard quips, "How's the weather up there?" With a spit spray pointed downward, the well heeled guy replied, "It's rainin".

I'm leery of women who are very tall and insist on wearing four inch heels. I like tall women, I'm taller than average myself, but I'm not into women who accentuate their height when they're really tall already. They kind of remind me of a conning tower, if you get my drift.
 Thanks From CT
Msg: 85
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 2:49:50 PM
OMG, I can be 6-feet tall? Woo-Hoo!

Seriously, if given a choice before birth I would prefer to be taller, but I just never considered doing this.
I really don’t even try to enhance my height by the shoes I wear.

My daily shoes and even my dress shoes are very close to having “flat heels” – they are just more comfortable IMHO.
I just love those Italian Ferragamo dress shoes but face it they aren’t going to give you a “lift”!

It’s funny. On snow days I wear water resistant work boots that have a substantial heel and sole and everyone that knows me stops and says “whoa”.

I’m not saying that there’s anything wrong with wearing “lifts” but what happens when you are in a situation where you cannot?

If you can do something that can enhance your looks or overall appeal then go for it.

Yes, I get my haircut at “not the cheapest place”, floss daily, keep my fingernails and toenails trimmed, shave daily, wear clean clothes, work out daily, tan… and so forth. Some may even consider me to be a “metrosexual”.
I just never considered wearing lifts. The women I've dated never seemed to have an issue with my height so maybe that’s why?
Ceij
 TestyDude
Msg: 86
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 2:59:18 PM

Well I certainly don't think any less of men who wear lifts.
Let me guess.... you wear a padded bra.

This came up at a party a while ago when one woman said to another "But what will you do when he sees you with smaller t1ts?" because the chick wore a padded bra. I said "What are you chicks talking about? Can I get in?" "Testy (not my real name), what do you think of women who wear padded bras?" "Uh..... they're comfortable?"

Honest to god, I thought padded bras was a comfort/shape thing, not an enhancement tool.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 3:11:51 PM
Tuckerjo:
What is the deal with you?You started a thread about shoe lifts and how wonderful
that they are working for a cousin of yours.Reread your previous posts,you were uptalking lifts so hard,I thought you were selling them.Then when pressed by posters
here for your thoughts about dating someone with lifts,you post one contradiction
after another.If your a height queen ,just be one ,we don't care either way.Grow some
balls. pick a position and stop waffeling on it.
Hawk
 sweet lady Lori
Msg: 88
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 3:16:56 PM
I suppose if it made the man feel better about himself, because it does seem a lot of women prefer taller men, than there really isn't any harm in it. However, he would be wise to tell a woman he might want to see that he does....after all, if he had to take his shoes off at her door, and was suddenly two inches shorter, him and his shoes, might be tossed out!
 okayitsme
Msg: 89
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 3:19:39 PM
God just as bad as placing a sock you know where. No.

But then again.. the sock..
 pandamoose
Msg: 90
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 3:24:07 PM

panda: Read what you quoted carefully. Do you really claim to not care at all about how anyone perceives you? Not only potential dates, but potential employers, friends, etc? If you don't, then he wasn't calling you a liar or mentally ill.

If you read up a bit further, you'll see that yes I claim that I don't care at all about how anyone perceives me. The only person in my opinion that matters is myself. This being said, I'm not like most other people that don't care what other people think. For one thing, I'm not lazy in the way I take care of myself because I want to feel both comfortable and good about myself. Quite frankly, being a mess isn't comfortable. Smelling bad isn't comfortable.

This also doesn't mean that I refuse to follow what's acceptable in society. I'm comfortable in a suit, and I'm comfortable in shorts and a T-shirt. It doesn't matter to me which I wear, so my next priority becomes to do what does not alienate people. In other words, say I'm going for an interview. I don't care if I wear shorts or a suit. Either one is fine to me, so I'll do what my employer is comfortable seeing...But, if my employer (not that this would ever happen) requires that I go in rags for the interview, I would still show up in either shorts/T-shirt or a suit because I don't feel comfortable in rags...even if it means I lose the job. I don't care what other people think of me, but that doesn't mean I set low standards for myself...make sense?
 sweet lady Lori
Msg: 91
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 3:25:26 PM

Well I aint a detective but I did stay at a holiday inn last night

As always, MAPT, too funny
Ah..MAPT - - - jem & I are bound to get in a cat fight over ya, and we'll take you, lifts or no lifts
 IQF
Msg: 92
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 3:30:07 PM

yada yada yada... ...make sense?

Nope. What you've actually described is you care some, in some circumstances, but possibly not always nor about everyone. At the very least though, you seem to care about what other people on this forum think, or else you would've ended this irrelevant and inane digression about YOU a long time ago.

vvvv edit: my bad. typo - fixed to say "would've"!
 pandamoose
Msg: 93
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 3:36:45 PM
Ok, I really don't understand wha your last sentence means, nor do I understand how you gather the fact ath I do seem to care what people on this forum think from anything. I just don't like people to tell me that I'm not what I say I am. but sure, you're right. I care what people think of me only after what I think of myself first. So I apologize for that on my part.
 lostgirl71
Msg: 94
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 4:25:12 PM

If you read up a bit further, you'll see that yes I claim that I don't care at all about how anyone perceives me

Contridict yourself much?

It doesn't matter to me which I wear, so my next priority becomes to do what does not alienate people. In other words, say I'm going for an interview. I don't care if I wear shorts or a suit. Either one is fine to me, so I'll do what my employer is comfortable seeing...

YOU do care - or you would go in the shorts regardless of what the employer is more comfortable seeing you in - it wouldnt matter... there is no shame in caring what others think about you or the perception they have you

there are no "look how unshallow I am cookie points" for anyone
 pandamoose
Msg: 95
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/15/2008 7:54:40 PM

YOU do care - or you would go in the shorts regardless of what the employer is more comfortable seeing you in - it wouldnt matter... there is no shame in caring what others think about you or the perception they have you

there are no "look how unshallow I am cookie points" for anyone

Haha, I've done it before, but that doesn't really get me a job. I do need money to survive, so when it boils down to it...yeah i'll suck it up and do what society wants and continue living over doing only what I want and not living. But anyway, I'm sorry I contradicted myself. I still don't really think I care too much what other people think...perhaps save for the job interview situation. I'm not doing it for brownie points...just for myself.
 cubanguy
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/16/2008 5:43:52 PM
I don't wear lifts, I don't need it with cowboy boots.

But again, I don't wear it to look taller. I'm 'short' anyways.
 tuckerjo
Msg: 97
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/16/2008 6:03:48 PM
Tuckerjo:
What is the deal with you?You started a thread about shoe lifts and how wonderful
that they are working for a cousin of yours.Reread your previous posts,you were uptalking lifts so hard,I thought you were selling them.Then when pressed by posters
here for your thoughts about dating someone with lifts,you post one contradiction
after another.If your a height queen ,just be one ,we don't care either way.Grow some
balls. pick a position and stop waffling on it.
Hawk

I posted no contradictions. When asked if I would be upset or care that a man I had been dating had been wearing lifts all along I said I probably wouldn't care. Since I said nowhere else that I would never date a man who wore lifts then there is no contradiction there. When asked if I would date a shorter man the answer was "no that I would not date a shorter man" . Since I have never said anywhere else that I would date a shorter man then again no contradictions there.

I already said I would not date a man shorter then my height or even a man near my height so why you are accusing me of lying about that or waffling on my preferences and views I don't know. Please by all means go through my entire posting history and see if anywhere I have ever said that I would date or found shorter men then me attractive.

As for balls,yuck! No thanks . I don't want to grow any. They are ugly.
 Thanks From CT
Msg: 98
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/16/2008 6:33:39 PM
Oh No!

As for balls,yuck! No thanks . I don't want to grow any. They are ugly.

Oh you poor dear! Do you really think that?
And to think, all my former GFs told me that they were “Cute”.
I’m going to sulk now…
 OU89
Msg: 99
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/16/2008 8:20:43 PM
I'm only 5'7 , but I would not wear lifts. If a woman does not care for someone my height, oh well, that's her choice. There will be others out there who don't care how tall someone is if they really like them. I like women of all heights.
 JasonTKD22
Msg: 100
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/16/2008 8:43:13 PM

Well like the title says "would you wear lifts?".

Nah. There's more than enough "why do men play games/lie?" posts on POF already.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Would you wear lifts?