Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Would you wear lifts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JasonTKD22
Msg: 100
Would you wear lifts?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Well like the title says "would you wear lifts?".

Nah. There's more than enough "why do men play games/lie?" posts on POF already.
 MAPT
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/16/2008 8:49:38 PM
I think what they are wondering about is that you say...

When asked if I would be upset or care that a man I had been dating had been wearing lifts all along I said I probably wouldn't care

Then you say...

I already said I would not date a man shorter then my height or even a man near my height

Which leaves a question...now if this man who wore lifts turned out to be your height or shorter after removing said lifts, would you still remain in the relationship or follow suit on your statement that you wont date men of your height or shorter???

of course
JMHO
MAPT

BTW..Lori I only wear the Lifts when I'm refing..it gives me a better view for the Jello, catfight
 tuckerjo
Msg: 102
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/16/2008 9:13:57 PM
I think what they are wondering about is that you say...

When asked if I would be upset or care that a man I had been dating had been wearing lifts all along I said I probably wouldn't care

Then you say...

I already said I would not date a man shorter then my height or even a man near my height

Which leaves a question...now if this man who wore lifts turned out to be your height or shorter after removing said lifts, would you still remain in the relationship or follow suit on your statement that you wont date men of your height or shorter???

Ok I will point this out real nice and slow for those with obvious reading comprehension problems. I will even use capital letters in places and repeat myself repeatedly. Ok see here I say that "no I would probably not care if a man I was dating turned out to be wearing lifts?
Ok so you see this right?

And here you see that I would not date a man my height or shorter. Do you see that? I am saying "I WOULD NOT DATE A MAN MY HEIGHT OR SHORTER". So do you see that? Ok and now that I previously said that "I WOULD PROBABLY NOT BE UPSET IF A MAN I WAS DATING TURNED OUT TO WEAR LIFTS" So do you see that?

Ok now lets go through this again. No I would not have a problem if a man I was dating were wearing lifts and I would also not date a man who was my height, shorter or near my height. So do you know see what you missed? If a man was my height shorter or very near my height I would not date him anyway so if he took off his lifts then we would of never dated anyway because he was shorter or near my height.

Ok lets go at this another way for people who still can't understand what is written. A man I would date would be at least 4 inches taller then me at least, see I said I would not date a man shorter or my height, so even if he took off the lifts he would still be taller. "HE WOULD STILL BE TALLER EVEN WITH THE LIFTS".

Which leaves a question...now if this man who wore lifts turned out to be your height or shorter after removing said lifts, would you still remain in the relationship or follow suit on your statement that you wont date men of your height or shorter??

Here is what you wrote . Ok now if a man I was dating took off his lifts and was my height ,well that wouldn't happen because I wont date someone my height or shorter or someone very near my height so your scenario would never happen. Get it? Ok here is what I wrote previously again.
Since I don't date men near my height then how would he be my height if he took off two inch lifts? Is it clear now?
 MAPT
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/16/2008 9:39:02 PM
Is it clear now?

Crystal..well I guess, cause I was asking for the others who didnt quite get what you were sayin.

As far as I go, well couldnt really care what you meant. You can date midgets or giants, or anything in between with lifts or no lifts..it's your perogative. So basically it didnt clear up anything for me as nothing was left to be clarified...except of course why your single with that sparkling personality of yours sweetie...(You'll notice I answered the other thread about sayin stuff to be condescending..damn I'm efficient )

OT: Yeah sure I'd wear lifts

Anyways..goodluck OP..

of course
JMHO
MAPT
 brons2
Msg: 104
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/16/2008 9:43:50 PM
what? hells no. I'm 6'7" already, I'd be running into all kinds of doorways if I wore lifts.
 Rachelle~C
Msg: 105
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/16/2008 10:02:34 PM

except of course why your single with that sparkling personality of yours sweetie...

Man oh man I always find it gut busting hilarious on here when one poster says to another "look at you your single". Wtf! Your single too! Yeah sorta like the saying the pot calling the kettle black. Oh thanks for the laugh.
 MAPT
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/16/2008 10:28:32 PM

Oh thanks for the laugh.

Almost as funny as when someone posts to point that out

Damnit cant slip nuttin by y'all...but everyone makes a faux paus now and again..or did I say it for some reason??...naw just a faux paus

Anyways...your welcome..or were you bein condescending sweetie??

JMO..Ya know I may or may not wear lifts OP...I'm teetering right now

Again good luck OP

MAPT
 umm...Dave
Msg: 107
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/17/2008 12:20:09 AM
What tuckerjo fails to realise is that there are lifts out there that can give a guy an extra 4.5" to his height. She seems pretty adamant about her height preferences though, so I am pretty sure that she would dump the guy if he was too short for her sans lifts.
 Rachelle~C
Msg: 108
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/17/2008 3:16:08 AM
Do you know that if the insertable lifts are any higher then 2 inches then your feet will start slipping out of your shoes? From what I was told they didn't sell them higher then two inches. You can buy shoes that have lifts built right into them and the added height on the sole and heel add the 4.5 inches that was mentioned, but the insertable ones only give you two inches max.

Hey what can I say I know this stuff from experience. My ex fiancee us to wear the insertable ones. He didn't consider the price of the specially made shoes justifiable just to give him more height.Plus the higher shoe you wear and the more risk of breaking an ankle.
 lucky_sevans
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/17/2008 4:05:15 AM

So basically it didnt clear up anything for me as nothing was left to be clarified...except of course why your single with that sparkling personality of yours sweetie...(You'll notice I answered the other thread about sayin stuff to be condescending..damn I'm efficient )

That was awesome. Well worth reading all through the previous post.

OT: I would be willing to wear lifts if that were a concern of mine. I have read that height often plays a part in business as well as dating. Subconsciously apparently we attribute power and leadership to height.

I'm just about 6' now but I wonder if I tried them would I be able to discern a difference in the way people interacted with me. Where to you get these stilts? Clown stores?

/she really just wants a pony
//my apologies to the clowns.... (and ponies)
 IQF
Msg: 110
Would you wear lifts?
Posted: 9/17/2008 8:54:38 AM
Once again... from the top, paraphrased in chronological order:

at my height of 5'4 ... I would never date someone shorter then me

If even with lifts he was the same height as me , well I would not ever find out he wore them because I just don't find myself attracted to men my height or shorter.

When asked if I would date a shorter man the answer was "no that I would not date a shorter man"

I already said I would not date a man shorter thenmy height or even a man near my height

A man I would date would be at least 4 inches taller then me at least,

There's a bit of back-and-forth, but over time we've gone from "not dating shorter than me" to "at least 4 inches taller". This isn't a contradiction per se, but suggests an avoidance of the question: what happens when a guy drops from an acceptable height with lifts to unacceptable height without them. I think you really have to get past:

so even if he took off the lifts he would still be taller. "HE WOULD STILL BE TALLER EVEN WITH[OUT] THE LIFTS"
in order to comprehend the question.

(I'm kinda curious now whether the +4 inches requirement is designed to weed out the short-but-wearing-lifts crowd with an eye to avoiding unpleasant situations.)
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Would you wear lifts?