Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > As I said Obama will institute Chicago-style corruption on a national      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fissionmission
Msg: 76
view profile
History
As I said Obama will institute Chicago-style corruption on a national scale...Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
corruption on a national scale has been going on long before O bama ever thought of becoming a candidate.Just what the relevance of Obama has to do with bases in ME
other than Obama is a funny un-American sounding name.Which leads right back to
fear peddling OOOOhh Obama different.Let us not forget the Middle East problems we (U.S.)were involved in prior to Kuwait/Iraq.Bin Laden was trained by u.s. operatives to fight Russians in Afghanistan,and prior to that U.S.involved in the shah of Iran fiasco which lead to Carter /Reagan hostage crisis always protecting our foreign interests and so it goes....
 PhillyFellow
Msg: 77
view profile
History
As I said Obama will institute Chicago-style corruption on a national scale...
Posted: 9/22/2008 7:05:29 PM

Update: FBI serves search warrant against UT student in Palin case.
Becky Simmons Updated: 9/22/2008 549 PM Posted: 9/18/2008 406 PM
They presented their badges upon entering Kernell's apartment, where several students were having a party, and took down their names.
The witness tells us they asked him and those who did not live in the unit to go outside. He believes the investigators took about 1.5 to 2 hours taking pictures of everything inside the apartment.
Witnesses say Kernell and his friends fled the apartment when the FBI agents arrived.
http://www.wbir.com/news/breaking/story.aspx?storyid=64033&catid=29

PhillyFellow
 serendipiteee
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2008 8:36:32 PM
Kettle to pot, kettle to pot. Come in pot...

OP: Two words, Keating Five

John McCain admitted to intentionally filing false income tax returns to defraud the IRS by not claiming thousands of dollars in gifts McCain and his family received from Charles Keating and Keating’s company. Years later, when the IRS noticed Keating’s company had written off the gifts to McCain as business expenses, McCain fessed up and admitted filing false returns and made a “donation” to the U.S. Treasury to cover the amount he defrauded American tax payers. McCain also leaked information about the Keating Five to the press multiple times in an effort to appear above the other Senators in the scandal. A 1989 Phoenix New Times article summed it up best with their title, "McCain: The Most Reprehensible of the Keating Five."

John McCain’s wife, Cindy McCain, along with her father, made a $359,000 investment in retail property owned by Charles Keating in 1986, a year before John McCain first met with federal regulators on behalf of Keating. Keating was later convicted on 73 counts of fraud, conspiracy, and other crimes. Years later, Cindy McCain sold her investment for $15,000,000.

For anyone not aware of the Keating Five, here’s a very simple summary:

Charles Keating owned a savings and loan in California. He was illegally using the money of his bank’s customers to give loans to himself and friends that they didn’t have to repay, and to speculate on risky real estate investments, which was strictly forbidden by U.S. law (and was one cause of the Great Depression).

When the feds found out what was going on and launched an investigation into Keating and his company, Keating called five U.S. Senators whom he had wined, dined, and lavished with hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign donations and personal gifts.

Keating asked the five Senators to tell the feds to bug off, and the five Senators, later known as the Keating Five, obliged, meeting with federal investigators twice and pressuring them to stop investigating Keating’s crimes
. They bought Keating some time, but the feds didn’t give up and eventually Keating was nailed. The reason the feds were so persistent was because Keating wasn’t playing with mere chump change. Keating blew $3.4 billion through illegal personal loans and bad investments, and the FDIC had to reimburse Keating’s customers who had been ripped off.

Déjà vu: http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts10934683.aspx

(Background Info - Keating wasn’t the only Savings and Loan owner who was committing fraud, 20% of the S&L’s that failed during that three year period were found to have been caused by fraud and/or insider trading. The failure of the Lincoln Savings and Loan and other S&L’s pushed the country into a recession, costing the U.S. government $126 billion dollars in FDIC insurance payouts to investors. All of this came to a crescendo during the first year of the presidency of George H.W. Bush, who pushed through the S&L bailout plan to keep the economy afloat.)

When the involvement of the Keating Five was made public, a scandal erupted and the Senate Ethics Committee launched their own investigation into whether the Keating Five had violated Senate ethics rules. The other four Senators left office either immediately or within one term. John McCain was formally rebuked by the Senate Ethics Committee for exercising “poor judgment” for intervening with the federal regulators on behalf of Keating, but because McCain accepted Keating’s gifts of travel and vacations to Bahama while McCain was a member of the House of Representatives (he served one term there before moving to the Senate), the Senate claimed they had no jurisdiction to censure McCain. (However the meetings to pressure federal regulators occurred during the first few months of McCain serving in the Senate in 1987, so that excuse doesn’t hold up)

John McCain then went back to the drawing board and re-invented himself as “the Straight-Talk Express” and the media gobbled it up. “Tax-Evading-Criminal” doesn’t sound as catchy as “Straight-Shooting-War-Hero”.

Ever since the scandal, when McCain lies today, it’s never questioned, because he’s a “straight talker”. The man has more skeletons in his closet than any politician in history. The Keating Five is just one bone.

Ask yourself... if Obama or any other candidate had a scandal such as the Keating Five in their past, would the mainstream media never question it? Could any other candidate even have a political career after the Keating Five? For the other four Senators, the answer is no. And while Charles Keating went to prison for his role in the scandal, John McCain swept it under the rug and could soon be President of the United States of America.

Chicago-style corruption?
Next!

And it just keeps on coming...

Back in April, when Grandpa McCain finally released his 2006 tax reports, he also came clean about receiving a tax free "pension" from the Navy. Now, when most people hear the word "pension", they assume its a retirement pension. No, what Grandpa McCain is receiving is a disabilty pension - a pension that states he is 100% disabled!

A disability check for a 100% disability means that the person can't work, right? Veterans come back from Iraq with traumatic brain injuries and don't receive a 100% disabilty, so why does Grandpa McCain?

How is it that a 100% disabled person receiving SSI can be President of the United States??????????????
 itechman63
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2008 9:07:25 PM
Serendipitee, I so agree that people should understand that McCain was heavily involved in that scandal although one of the lest called on it. This was the first time I saw a potential "why" to the fact that in spite of his complicity, he got a Community Chest card out of the deal.

I think McCain is still a good man. I definitely don't want to be seen as shouting "Give us Barabas!" person.

My number one concern with McCain personally is that he is basically "The Father of Deregulation"... if the people that helped to allow this economic mess we're in had a Mt. Rushmore, then McCain's face would be carved there. And he's going to save us?
 Brandie46
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/23/2008 9:43:38 AM

John McCain admitted to intentionally filing false income tax returns to defraud the IRS by not claiming thousands of dollars in gifts McCain and his family received from Charles Keating and Keating’s company. Years later, when the IRS noticed Keating’s company had written off the gifts to McCain as business expenses, McCain fessed up and admitted filing false returns and made a “donation” to the U.S. Treasury to cover the amount he defrauded American tax payers. McCain also leaked information about the Keating Five to the press multiple times in an effort to appear above the other Senators in the scandal. A 1989 Phoenix New Times article summed it up best with their title, "McCain: The Most Reprehensible of the Keating Five."

John McCain’s wife, Cindy McCain, along with her father, made a $359,000 investment in retail property owned by Charles Keating in 1986, a year before John McCain first met with federal regulators on behalf of Keating. Keating was later convicted on 73 counts of fraud, conspiracy, and other crimes. Years later, Cindy McCain sold her investment for $15,000,000.

For anyone not aware of the Keating Five, here’s a very simple summary:

Charles Keating owned a savings and loan in California. He was illegally using the money of his bank’s customers to give loans to himself and friends that they didn’t have to repay, and to speculate on risky real estate investments, which was strictly forbidden by U.S. law (and was one cause of the Great Depression).

When the feds found out what was going on and launched an investigation into Keating and his company, Keating called five U.S. Senators whom he had wined, dined, and lavished with hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign donations and personal gifts.

Keating asked the five Senators to tell the feds to bug off, and the five Senators, later known as the Keating Five, obliged, meeting with federal investigators twice and pressuring them to stop investigating Keating’s crimes. They bought Keating some time, but the feds didn’t give up and eventually Keating was nailed. The reason the feds were so persistent was because Keating wasn’t playing with mere chump change. Keating blew $3.4 billion through illegal personal loans and bad investments, and the FDIC had to reimburse Keating’s customers who had been ripped off.

Déjà vu: http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts10934683.aspx

(Background Info - Keating wasn’t the only Savings and Loan owner who was committing fraud, 20% of the S&L’s that failed during that three year period were found to have been caused by fraud and/or insider trading. The failure of the Lincoln Savings and Loan and other S&L’s pushed the country into a recession, costing the U.S. government $126 billion dollars in FDIC insurance payouts to investors. All of this came to a crescendo during the first year of the presidency of George H.W. Bush, who pushed through the S&L bailout plan to keep the economy afloat.)

When the involvement of the Keating Five was made public, a scandal erupted and the Senate Ethics Committee launched their own investigation into whether the Keating Five had violated Senate ethics rules. The other four Senators left office either immediately or within one term. John McCain was formally rebuked by the Senate Ethics Committee for exercising “poor judgment” for intervening with the federal regulators on behalf of Keating, but because McCain accepted Keating’s gifts of travel and vacations to Bahama while McCain was a member of the House of Representatives (he served one term there before moving to the Senate), the Senate claimed they had no jurisdiction to censure McCain. (However the meetings to pressure federal regulators occurred during the first few months of McCain serving in the Senate in 1987, so that excuse doesn’t hold up)

John McCain then went back to the drawing board and re-invented himself as “the Straight-Talk Express” and the media gobbled it up. “Tax-Evading-Criminal” doesn’t sound as catchy as “Straight-Shooting-War-Hero”.

Ever since the scandal, when McCain lies today, it’s never questioned, because he’s a “straight talker”. The man has more skeletons in his closet than any politician in history. The Keating Five is just one bone.

Ask yourself... if Obama or any other candidate had a scandal such as the Keating Five in their past, would the mainstream media never question it? Could any other candidate even have a political career after the Keating Five? For the other four Senators, the answer is no. And while Charles Keating went to prison for his role in the scandal, John McCain swept it under the rug and could soon be President of the United States of America.

Chicago-style corruption?
Next!

And it just keeps on coming...

Back in April, when Grandpa McCain finally released his 2006 tax reports, he also came clean about receiving a tax free "pension" from the Navy. Now, when most people hear the word "pension", they assume its a retirement pension. No, what Grandpa McCain is receiving is a disabilty pension - a pension that states he is 100% disabled!

A disability check for a 100% disability means that the person can't work, right? Veterans come back from Iraq with traumatic brain injuries and don't receive a 100% disabilty, so why does Grandpa McCain?

How is it that a 100% disabled person receiving SSI can be President of the United States??????????????

Serendipitee, great post. Some people get that McCain is not who he presents himself to be while there are other who are buying into his 'straight talk', 'maverick' and 'change' stance.

To those who think this man will bring change, think again. Here is an excerpt from his 2003 autobiography, 'Worth The Fighting For' stating the real reason why he ran in 2000 (and the reason why he is running now)......

I didn't decide to run for president to start a national crusade for the political reforms I believed in or to run a campaign as if it were some grand act of patriotism. In truth, I wanted to become president because it had become my ambition to be president. I was 62 years old when I made the decision, and I thought it was my one shot at the prize...

In truth, I'd had the ambition for a long time... it had been there, in the back of my mind, for years, as if it were simply a symptom of my natural restlessness.http://www.mccainfactcheck.com/facts/11/ambition_first_339735.shtml

Obama/Biden!!
 ibscrooge
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/23/2008 11:07:49 AM
Seredipitee....Sorry but your Keating 5 post is rather lacking in facts edited from the newspaper. Of which the claims of gifts and cash were in fact vacations McCain and wife spent with Keating. Since the were invested in Keatings mall venture it would stand to reason they would also attend invitations for vacation outings however when McCain found out about Keatings fraud he then cut ties paid him back and then listed everything with the IRS. Selective editing from a biased newspaper as fact? Whew major leap there.

as for this little number

In truth, I'd had the ambition for a long time... it had been there, in the back of my mind, for years, as if it were simply a symptom of my natural restlessness

Hate to break this to you but guess what? Apparently Obama has the same ambition to become president since he is running for the whitehouse as well
 itechman63
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2008 12:41:39 PM

however when McCain found out about Keatings fraud he then cut ties paid him back and then listed everything with the IRS.

When he found out or when he was found out? McCain snuck out the back door when the fuzz busted in the front door. There was wrongdoing on his part and no nobility.

If you want to accuse, you cannot excuse.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2008 3:04:38 PM
Wanna know the source for message 80?

http://mccainkeatingfive.com/?p=6

Just the place I'd visit if I was looking for impartial information!

Now if you think McCain had REALLY filed false tax returns that wouldn't have been BIG NEWS this election season, when the candidates are looking up each other's asses for secrets?
 Vyper®
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/23/2008 3:48:36 PM
What a ridiculous post!!!

Philly, you're too funny, Man!

You McCain supporters (and anti-Obama supporters, like my good neighbor Philly) are just too hilarious with the lengths you'll go through to attack Obama, and hypocritically overlook all the painful self-evident reasons for ignoring the legal, ethical, and moral breaches of the McCain/Palin team.

Speaking of which, when are they planning to let Palin speak unscripted again?!! The last time was a hoot!!!

In fact, since someone saw value and relevance in digging back into the college thesis written by Michelle Obama -- even before she WAS Michelle Obama -- and, since for SOME reason THIS presidential contest requires that Barack meet thresholds of scrutiny that no other presidential candidate ever has before, why don't we also have the nation's first-ever series of "First and Second Spouse" debates?!!
 Brandie46
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/23/2008 3:56:09 PM

Wanna know the source for message 80?

http://mccainkeatingfive.com/?p=6

Hmmm...you may want to reread message 80 once again, source is cited.

Obama/Biden!!
 Eric2008
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2008 4:07:07 PM
My number one concern with McCain personally is that he is basically "The Father of Deregulation"... if the people that helped to allow this economic mess we're in had a Mt. Rushmore, then McCain's face would be carved there. And he's going to save us?

And yet Mc Cain introduced legislation in 2006 to regulate the Mortgage industry.

We had a thread about this before.Why don't you go read it?According to the military 100% disability is different than in civilian life.An inability to lift his arms meant he was 100% disabled in 1981.Standards change as time goes by,I am not saying its right ,I'm saying it is reality.Last time I checked we lived in Reality.Don't like reality run for office and change it!
Don't just talk,do!
 itechman63
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2008 4:26:30 PM

And yet Mc Cain introduced legislation in 2006 to regulate the Mortgage industry.

Nothing like trying to put a band aid on a limb you helped amputate in 1999.

Actually McCain only supported the deregulation. Some other guy actually initiated it and fought for it. Yeah, the guy who would serve as McCain's economic advisor.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2008 8:43:30 PM
Hmmm...you may want to reread message 80 once again, source is cited.

I did. The only link I see is to another POF thread.

And most of what's written in the post is either untrue or wildly distorted.

ibscrooge
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/23/2008 8:56:02 PM
Not going to fall for that one Tech.... McCain supported deregulation yes but guess what??? Most of this is was started by Carter as it was his little bill that gave us SUB PRIME MORTAGES Hmmmmmm lets see here....cause for crash based on SUB PRIME MORTGAGES all started by who??? Ahhh yes CARTER!!! and so goes another 12 pack of BILLY BEER.
 Brandie46
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/23/2008 9:16:42 PM

I did. The only link I see is to another POF thread.

And most of what's written in the post is either untrue or wildly distorted

Well then, if you reread msg 80, you would have understood that I was responding to a quote from msg 78, hence....

Serendipitee, great post....(see msg 78)

The latter quote as indicated, was taken from the link below.
http://www.mccainfactcheck.com/facts/11/ambition_first_339735.shtml

Please feel free to provide the correct information to the poster of msg 78 and to the info I quoted from the mccainfactcheck site.

Obama/Biden 2008
 friends4n0w
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/23/2008 10:00:59 PM
You state his name as if it's a bad thing. MCcain has had over 20 years in the Senate and is only now concerned with financial oversight? Isn't the Republican bi-line to give tax shelters and incentives to corporations, hoping all along that the savings will be be passed onto the employees and spur economic growth. You misleadingly state that this all started with Carter and the sub-prime mortgage lender system, you forget to mention that he also had setup an oversight committee which was then dissolved under.....Reagan. Thus sticking us with the "trickle down economics" plan,Reagonomics. For 8 years we have been subjected to someone who was voted in based on his commonly shared values with working class people.Oh really conservatives? You have a lot in common with a rich guy? He can sure feel your pain can't he lol. God forbid someone comes along who can properly subjugate a sentence and he is deemed an elitist.

Prior to the 2004 election, in Ohio manufacturing plants were closed and jobs shifted overseas . Hundreds of thousands of jobs were lost and they still voted for Bush. Which has to lead anyone, with a rational thought process, to scratch there heads in disbelief. You put your own politics ahead of the country. G.B seemed like a nice guy, someone that you people wanted to have a beer with and you voted based purely on that rationale. Clinton was successful and rather than vote in his successor, you decided against it. That was your economic plan for America (looking at you Republicans)? A 6 pack of Budweiser and a barbecue with a nice guy. Was this your grand plan? Job well done! Obama was right when he said you guys cling to small town issues and religion. He was correct to say it, not as a politician however and he payed the price. You subject the rest of the country to your personal values and religious driven politics. Save that nonsense for your local elections.

I think McKenzie touched on all the points as to why Obama is the man to lead this country in a new direction. See some of us under 40 actually prefer change. He is accomplished and embodies what is not only the American dream to many but also the immigrant dream and experience. To be given and granted the opportunity for success. This is historical and many are proud of that point alone, but beyond that he is qualified. He has had more "successful" experience than G.W and yet some conservatives still question his experience. What he may lack in experience, he makes for up handily with natural political talent.

Where was McCain for the last 20 years regarding regulation of Wall Street, besides giving them tax breaks. Now conservatives want to tag Obama as an elitist. Why because he is educated and you can't relate to him? But you sure did relate to G.B didn't you? That says more about you guys than anything. With conservatives you have to dumb down the issues, it's not easy reading when the issues are complex and layered.

By the way let's put this political point to rest, since McCain is going around stating that Obama will raise your taxes, unless most of you make over $250,000 a year, you are in line for substantial tax cuts. Imagine that, we will get tax cuts and trickle it down to our families, now that is a trickle down economic plan I'd get behind. Obama/Biden 2008 and I definitely approved this message.
 sanderick
Msg: 92
Posted: 9/23/2008 10:02:22 PM

As I said Obama will institute Chicago-style corruption on a national scale.

Actually it's on a Global Scale.

With the government needing to bailout these companies to the tune of $700 Billion dollars.

What does Idiot Obama want to do in office? Pass a tax on the American people to raise $50 Billion dollars to hand to the United Nations for a global poverty fund.

The guy is making a new definition of the word incompetent.

McCain - Palin
 friends4n0w
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/23/2008 10:22:16 PM
RE: SANDERICK

People for the last time, your taxes will not be raised. Stop falling for this non-sense. If you don't make over 250,000 a year, you are in the clear. What happened to compassionate conservatism ? It was no where to be found during Katrina, so perhaps we could have used that global poverty fund, you so fondly described.
 serendipiteee
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 4:50:03 AM
No "source" is good enough for those who refuse to see!

Perhaps Obama will institute Chicago-style corruption on a national scale when elected , it remains to be seen. That said, my money is on Obama to mop the floor with McCain on election day.*

We ALREADY KNOW McCain instituted McCain-style corruption when given the opportunity.

I've got a day job, however, stay tuned... I've also got 75 pages of McCain detrius to summarize. It will not be pretty!

* Preview this Friday, September 26, 2008, 8 p.m. CST on ABC, CBS, CNN, CSPAN, FOX, FOXNEWS, MSNBC, NBC and PBS. Note to McCain supporters: Have your Kleenex ready.
 itechman63
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 5:03:19 AM

Most of this is was started by Carter as it was his little bill that gave us SUB PRIME MORTAGES Hmmmmmm lets see here....cause for crash based on SUB PRIME MORTGAGES all started by who??? Ahhh yes CARTER!!!

And yet there was regulation that kept things in check for 20 years after his administration.
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 5:15:06 AM

Most of this is was started by Carter as it was his little bill that gave us SUB PRIME MORTAGES Hmmmmmm lets see here....cause for crash based on SUB PRIME MORTGAGES all started by who??? Ahhh yes CARTER!!!

Are there really $700 Billion in Sub Prime Loans that are in Default of Foreclosure?

160 million home owners in the US. The sub-prime mess? The numbers don't add up.
I think GWB would call it Fuzzy math.

The Sub-Prime is a derivative mess.

Blaming the poorest people in the US for the huge amounts of money involved is a Joke.
 designingwoman
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 2:35:26 PM
^^^AMEN Jack.

More corporate welfare for the big business piggies. OINK OINK
 cncgandolf
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 2:59:33 PM
"Pass a tax on the American people to raise $50 Billion dollars to hand to the United Nations for a global poverty fund."

That is a lie. I have no doubt the poster doesn't know he is posting a lie. It is still a lie.

As to the original thread, clearly no one posting has been a registrar. People who are setting up tables to register voters for elections have no way of knowing, checking or otherwise determining if the people registering are duplicates or legal. That is why the registrations go to the appropriate state office for validation and the voter roles are kept clean by those officials.

Given the number of legal voters the Republicans refused the right to vote in Florida last time, it is best to have a duplicate effort than risk having someone not registered because the state officer didn't process one of the attempts.

Republican and Democrat voter registration people are required to register anyone who wants to register regardless of what party they want to register for ... the registering itself must remin non-partisan. It does. That is where the legality of behavior lies .. not in the validity of the forms, but in the willingness to offer them to a person regardless of their party choice.
 friends4n0w
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/24/2008 3:32:07 PM
Beyond all these talking points, how about McCain calling a timeout in the middle of the game, with respect to the debates this Friday? And when will the press be given access to Palin? Isn't that a bit of reverse sexism coming from her own party? Apparently they must think that she isn't politically capable. It seems when she can't read from the teleprompter, she is a fish out of water.
 ibscrooge
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/24/2008 9:59:48 PM
Are there really $700 Billion in Sub Prime Loans that are in Default of Foreclosure?
Blaming the poorest people in the US for the huge amounts of money involved is a Joke.

Jack....its not really the defaults that are causing the huge amounts its a compilation of the defaults along with a major drop in housing values. Take a house for example that before the bubble burst cost 250,000. The bank then sold the mortgage on a sub-prime basis meaning that is 2-5 years the mortgage would revert back to prime. When that happened of course the owner could no longer afford the payments as they then doubled and tripled and so defaulted. Before the bubble burst not really a major problem but add in that factor the house which was carried by freddy mac or fanny mae was only then worth half its original cost and sometimes less leaving them stranded on a house not worth whatt it even cost in materials to build. That is where the big bucks came in. Not just the default alone but add in the devalue of the house and VOILA! Now they cant unload a house valued at half its original cost for what they were in the bag on the mortgage for.

Never said anything about poor people at all dont add words in my mouth. That said NONE of the SUB-PRIME mortgages in my opinion should have been granted as most of these are with risky buyers in the first place which was why when Carter started the sub-prime mess this is eventually what we ended up with. Deregulation had nothing to do with that as it only got rid of oversight which by the way the repubs wanted MORE oversight but in order to pass the new regulation bill had to settle for cutting that to appease the dems. That little tidbit comes courtesy of BOTH PARTIES and so to all those who are blaming McCain for deregulation get your facts straight. He voted yes on the bill but so did every one else in congress as that is how a bill is passed. Sorry but McCain cant pass a bill ALL by his LONESOME
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > As I said Obama will institute Chicago-style corruption on a national scale...