Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NDN1986
Msg: 251
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?Page 11 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
ya, sure, theres no problem with it
 florapost
Msg: 252
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?
Posted: 1/31/2008 10:49:06 AM
Oh what the hell!

Yeah!
(there are way more than you think!)

firesiren
Msg: 253
Posted: 1/31/2008 10:57:36 AM
I really think they would be to open. I would not choose to get involved with someone pulled in 2 directions.
 redwood00
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2008 12:55:43 PM
Agreed, it amazes me that straights think they don't have to share; then later in life find out they were all along. I tend to believe the same thing happens in the gay community. Commitment has to do with personal morals and values. It's not readily defined by one's sexuality. Personaly I would love to find a bi-female that I could trust , enjoy and communicate with. I would think she "may" understand my feelings on woman more openly. So I conclude with the fact that commitment is about the persons ability to do so. And hopefully you "know" the person before entering into what I believe is a lifetime relationship.
 ChildfreeGlow
Msg: 255
Posted: 4/9/2008 1:05:36 PM
I would never want to even date a man who is having sex with other men. I have no problems with gay people doing whatever they do together, but I don't want to get involved with it myself. If you're stickin' it in him, you're not stickin' it in me. Case closed.
 Purlin
Msg: 256
Posted: 4/9/2008 1:21:57 PM
Hi sorry you reply to you only, but i don't know how to post a messagewithout doing it this way, so if i affend please forgive me..

I would marry a bi-man if he was in love with me enough to marry me then whats the diffrent form a man that only like a woman, don't mean he's going to cheat, or have more std's than a strait man/woman. I think if you are going to sleep with someone you have a right to ask them there sexual history and to take any test you feel will make you comfortable, i did in my last relationship and will in any i others that i have, and yes i would so the same test to make my new love feel as comfortable, sexual with me as i did them.
Im sure not all bi people hanker for sex with both men and women at the same time, i think it just means they find each attractive sexual... Am i wrong?
 racheljay
Msg: 257
Posted: 4/9/2008 1:26:07 PM
Hmmmm... I would consider myself bi, but only in a physical manner. I however could never "date" someone of my same sex. Some would say that I'm curious but I can't be curious if I've already "discovered". But, this may sound hypicritical but I think it's highly unlikely that I would date someone who is a bisexual male. I guess there's not much of a difference but that's just how I see it.
 Unlike Dorothy
Msg: 258
Posted: 4/9/2008 3:35:28 PM
In a word, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I think male to male sex is as unsexy as it gets!!! That isn't prejudice, since I have quite a few gay male friends. They are gay, so obviously male to male is where it's at for them. But, for me, yecky, no, I wouldn't want to be with a man who likes fooling around other men!! That's just too gay for me!!! I like straight men!!!

A female doctor I know from school married a bi-male librarian I also know from school. But in committing to her, his take on it was that he gave up all outside sex (male or famale) since he believes in faithfulness. So, him being bi, really wasn't an issue to either of them.

Artistee
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2008 3:45:48 PM
A bi woman?

The few I've known were great people to party with...as long as the sexual issues/escapades didn't come into play...

But to have any kind of romantic interest ...let alone committing to a relationship that possibly could lead to marriage?...Are you crazy?...Forget it!
 heartuvgold2
Msg: 260
Posted: 4/9/2008 3:59:28 PM
In my religious upbringing it's not a good idea to marry someone who
practices anything outside of the "norm". I have dated bisexual men
and they are very forgiving and don't expect any more from their partner
than they do from themselves. It would pretty much be anything goes for
me as well as for him and that wouldn't be what I believe marriage is all about.

I take marriage vows very seriously and the part about keeping yourself only
for them would have to be thrown out altogether. Both parties would have to
be willing to accept other people and it would be way too complicated.

Marriage is supposed to be two people, not a whole neighborhood.
So the answer is absolutely not.
 Spitfire1956
Msg: 261
Posted: 4/9/2008 4:29:37 PM
No..I sure wouldn't.
 chickalina
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2008 4:38:09 PM
For one thing you cannot make a person become gay or straight. They are what they are and no one is going to change them. You must have some interest in finding out if you asked the question. If you are straight and thinking of being with a woman don't worry she is not ghoing to change you. It is just probably something you have been thinking about hence the question. No I personally would not because I would wonder if I was the front guy and who was the back guy.
 INDYDUDE
Msg: 263
Posted: 4/9/2008 4:42:45 PM
No, three's a crowd.
 WiredFX
Msg: 264
Posted: 4/9/2008 5:05:44 PM
Yes I did, and I would do it again. When we first started dating, she told me about it. I was fine with it. We got engaged, then married, at that time she told me that I am the only one for her and had been since we started dating. She hasn't been with a female since we got together, that I know about.. Now she has come home from work with wet panties and telling me all about this hot girl that was there and hit on her. I'd tell her to go for it and have fun, the only thing I ask is to know when I should or shouldn't come home for a while. She always has a shocked look on her face when I tell her that. Hours later she will tell me that she was testing me. One day she was crying when I got home and she told me that she had girl over and they did their thing, and was worried that I would get mad because she didn't tell me. Hell, I started asking for details, what was she like, seeing her again, was I going to meet her, and stuff like that. I received another shock look, she said that I wasn't fun to torment anymore. She was testing me again. It has been years since she tried again.

I will admit though, she is the best in bed I have ever had.
 music_fan
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 9:00:13 PM
Tough question to answer but I'll try my best.

I would marry a bi girl if we both love each other and if she can be monogamous, I don't like sharing my girl, when I'm married, she should be with me only, no girls (other than friends).
 indehills
Msg: 266
Posted: 9/14/2008 9:08:05 PM
but who afterwards chooses to be straight....

But here the question is about someone who still bi...What do you think?

Well, first of all, I would think that any gay or bi person would tell you that being gay, bi, or straight is not a conscious choice. People don't just decide to become a certain sexual orientation - they just decide whether or not to accept the feelings that they've always had. The question is whether or not they will ever decide to act upon those feelings if they are in a committed relationship with you.

I would be too afraid that they WOULD act upon those feelings someday.

And its funny to hear the guys in here saying "yeah, I'd love it", or the one saying "I asked her all the details". It wouldn't be so funny if one day the two of you are married and the other woman is the ONLY one who's getting sex from your wife.

Also, remember that cheating is cheating. A bi partner can cheat with and leave you for someone of the same sex, the same as a straight partner can cheat with and leave you for someone of the opposite sex.
 lucky_sevans
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 9:33:01 PM
So here's the thing...

I have historically always had more women than men friends. When I get into a relationship with a woman this can sometimes cause trouble. One of the first things I do is introduce them: because I have great appreciation for woman's intuition and I want my potential to see[feel] for themselves that they are truly friends and non-threatening. Usually I will back-off my friendships a little... I dont give them up, but I dont stay all night and sleep on their couch anymore either... and I guess I back-off a little emotionally as well. I suppose this isnt so much intentional but just occurs naturally as the emotional and time bond increases with the SO.

So I don't have any problem with my SO having a boyfriend(s). On the other hand, I'm not sure if I would be ok with her staying the night over at his house after going out for drinks. But if it were after a night out with the girls - "yeah, don't drive home" . Now what if she's bi? I know that doesn't mean her friend is bi, etc... I'm just sayin' that a LTR/Marriage could have lots of complications or potential rough-spots.

Personally I would be leery.

/ thinks its a good idea though!
 quietjohn2
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:02:52 PM
Is there an assumption in the question and many responses in the thread that a bi person would be less likely to be monogamous than a heterosexual?

Is that sexist?

Would you marry a heterosexual partner who would date other people?

Can anyone explain why the answer should be different for a bi person? Am I missing something?

Just a naive heterosexual.
 shamrockguy
Msg: 269
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:20:33 PM
Yeah, right, instead of worrying that HALF the world wants to steal my girlfriend I can start worrying that the WHOLE world wants to steal her........I think I would have to say no.
 WisewomanGoddess
Msg: 270
Posted: 9/15/2008 8:52:34 AM
Date? No. Marry? Hell, no.
 carolann0308
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2008 9:05:12 AM
No, I would not date or marry a Bi-sexual. It would be like dating a vegetarian far too many fundamental differences.
Are all bi-sexuals considered meat eaters?
 TakeMeTheWayIAm
Msg: 272
Posted: 9/15/2008 10:07:43 AM
If things work out for me and my girlfriend, yes I'll end up marrying her and she's bi. You don't choose to be a particular sexual preference--your only choice is in the individual actions themselves whether to *do* something or not.

I don't fear that my gf will be attracted to some girl, I'm counting on it. And she and I will talk about her attraction, what turns her on about that other girl and then we'll fuck like rabbits afterwards. It's the best of both worlds: she's like a guy friend, comparing notes on the kinds of breasts we both like and yet she's my lover as well. As long as you're not insecure it's a perfect arrangement.
 lucky_sevans
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2008 11:44:01 PM

Are all bi-sexuals considered meat eaters?

Made me laugh!

/made me think too.
 BrianN23
Msg: 274
Posted: 9/15/2008 11:53:42 PM
This isnt a topic Im gonna be kind about. I dont believe in alternative orientation and I wouldnt go near anyone in that lifestyle. People can do what they want I suppose but theres no way of denying the problems associated with it. Im really bothered by how some men can figure they can swing both ways, i.e. be lovey lovey with a man and then go find a woman next week. My reason being things like the hiv virus. Its a fact that in canada the gay community carries more than 50% of it. Before anyone gets all righteous on me look it up. God intended a man and woman to be together, nothing else.
 becky1205
Msg: 275
Posted: 9/15/2008 11:59:11 PM
As a bi-sexual woman, everyone's post is making me think that marriage is out of the question for me.
I call myself bi-sexual due to the fact that I have been involved with a few women. In fact all my relationships have been with women. Is that what I want out of life, no.
It was after those relationships and dating a few men, that I have relized that I want a man. I want a husband. So for those out there that have posted they wouldn't marry a bisexual person, are you that insecure that they will leave you?
As for would I marry a bisexual man, yes. I think that sexuality is a healthy part of a relationship and if that was part of their past, great. If there are unexplored feelings, I would ask that my partner explores those feelings before marriage or even engagement. If they are ongoing feelings, I would have to second guess marriage, I know that when I get married, it will just be my partner and I.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?