Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Drobot
Msg: 301
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?Page 13 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Not only would I, I did.

My wife and I have been married for almost 18 wonderful years. Neither one of us have cheated on the other and everything we do is with the other person's consent.
 tonyyarusso
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?
Posted: 10/25/2008 11:46:38 PM
Sure. A past girlfriend of mine has actually since come out as bi (long after our relationship ended), and I don't see why it would affect a relationship with her. Obviously once in a relationship and when married you would expect fidelity, but that's no different from anyone else. The only difference is that there's twice the competition to get to that point! :P

It should be noted that it is somewhat common for someone to consider themselves bi as part of the process of concluding that they're actually gay (I think it's easier that way), so you'll want to take enough time to find out if that's the case or if they are actually bisexual and are going to remain that way. However, this should be pretty easy since if you wait a reasonable amount of time before taking the step into marriage this will take care of itself.

Also, a large number of posts in this thread make me very, very sad and angry. Grow up and learn about the world around you. That's all.
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 303
Posted: 10/26/2008 8:10:45 AM
No. I just don't feel like I could ever completely trust where they were. Isn't it hard enough being with one type of person? LOL
 JulieC29
Msg: 304
Posted: 10/26/2008 10:11:41 AM
Would I marry a bisexual man? NO! Not only would you have to worry about women he was looking at or looking at him, but I'd have to worry about men, too.

There are also seem to be a number of these people who go one way or the other for awhile, too, and I'd hate to get stuck in the middle with someone who wanted to pull a 180.
 Rob7899
Msg: 305
Posted: 10/26/2008 10:15:17 AM
Ya thats a tough one, the primal man in me screams of course I would lol but my more civilized frontal lobe knows there would likely be issues...
 xtina-novelista
Msg: 306
Posted: 6/11/2009 8:17:53 PM
I don't think its fair to say that just becuase you marry someone bisexual that they might stray to the sex thier not with.

Bisexuality is not about getting away with ****ing both sexes, it means that you have the possibility of having a relationship like any straight/gay couple with either sex.

I would expect fidelity either way.

I am bisexual and I would not use that as an excuse to be unfaithful. I don't need both to make me happy. It doesn't matter if u are male or female, its about the feelings the other person creates, and i would not destroy a great relationship just to indulge in phyisical contant with the sex i decided not to be with.

I my opinion its the same as any other couple. Cheating is cheating, and faithfulness is faithfulness.
 Level_42
Msg: 307
Posted: 6/11/2009 9:20:24 PM
No way......if a woman wants to go down on another woman, insert fake penises or fingers into each others twats , french kiss, or in any way act like they are in love and wanting to have each other sexually......NOT MY TYPE OF WOMAN.

However, it doesn't bother me in the least if a woman has a female snuggle buddy on the side..just so long as the romance sexual part is for me.....and the snuggle part as well....I can't have the sex without the affection. But I'd never begrude a woman who needs a little affection from another woman...so long as she was a bit discrete about it and never loses the affection for me.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 308
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:52:09 PM
OP; not in a million years; so many people cheat and they are just into one sex; can you imagine marrying a girl and her not being able to be with a woman when she wants too? no way/

not in a million years.
 PioneerValleyWoman
Msg: 309
Posted: 6/13/2009 5:57:59 PM
No! Most women are taught by their mothers that there really is no such thing as a bisexual man. Their girlfriends reinforce that teaching. Most socalled bisexual men are just waiting to come out of the closet. Just saw the documentary OutRage where the bloggers and journalists who narrate the movie say when a person is in the closet, he is living a lie and can not be trusted. I agree.

As for men who date bisexual women, well, all I can do is ask why? My former boyfriend dated a woman who lived life as a lesbian until she was 35. While he admitted their relationship was largely unsatisfactory (and he documents every penny he ever spent, so I knew that they had sex fewer than 40 times during the two years they were together, based on his condom purchases), when she decided to end the relationship (largely because they had not seen each other face to face for three months), he had trouble letting her go.

She had talked it over with friends and her therapist. She was a musician about to embark on a six week tour. Since she wouldn't be around for a long time, she thought it better to make a clean break of it. He was angry because she had spoken with others. Well, why not? He only talked to her on the phone. Trying to break if off made her more attractive to him but from the letters she wrote to him, begging her to leave her alone, I could tell he made life hell for her.
 jersey-girl84
Msg: 310
Posted: 6/13/2009 6:13:59 PM
ugh, NO! no offense to the bisexual ppl out there, but thats just not my thing. personally, i'm pretty repulsed by the thought of 2 men doing each other...especially if it was someone who I was with who was coming home to get in bed with me!! I agree with some other posters when they wonder if there are really bisexual men...most people have always told me that men are either gay or straight...not into both. but who knows.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 311
Posted: 6/13/2009 7:44:25 PM
Nope...a total turn off for me...there is something so un-masculine about a man that enjoys a penis...
 2Irish1
Msg: 312
Posted: 6/13/2009 8:16:37 PM
Wouldn't be interested.....now...if your just talking about watching two women....my bad...
 Q-Daddy
Msg: 313
Posted: 6/13/2009 8:30:41 PM
No,I wouldnt marry some that is Bi...they would never be happy or fullfilled
 JimClassic
Msg: 314
Posted: 10/26/2009 12:06:10 AM
I'm not sure.
My girlfriend is bi, and she's pretty damn loyal to me. I view it as a matter of trust, and I trust her.
But then again I'm not ready for marriage; whether she's bi or straight.
 monalee1
Msg: 315
Posted: 10/26/2009 12:30:27 AM
hi... I would have to say no... I am totally straight and I seek the same in a mate... it is important enough to me that I ask potential dates if they have ever had any desire for men because it is not something that I would venture into if they did.. blessings
 Arabianangel
Msg: 316
Posted: 10/26/2009 12:50:44 AM
I think you'll find more men are open to the idea, more than women..
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 7:19:29 AM
About 25 years ago when I was in my late 20's I had worked in a hotel doing maintence for two years and recieved a room as part of the compensation of the job. There was a very good looking women always walking around my view and smiled a lot at me. One evening she called me on the phone system(room to room) and said she was bored and wanted to know if I was up to some board games she had. I agreed and about an hour afterwards she wanted to do more than board games so we ended messing around. It was about two in the morning she said she had to leave. I found out the next day that she was checked in for a month with another women and it turns out they are lovers and I was used as a one night stand. She was cheating on her girlfriend that worked the night shift. I had no idea, and the fact that she liked **** as much as I did was not a turn off but realizing she would want a women over me a man was something I just couldnt compete over. I dont feel discusted by her choice, cause women can be very loving and giving individuals, what I had a hard time with was the blow to my manhood of a women wanting a women over me.
As for a marrage, I personally dont think I, a heterosexual monogomous male, could have enough confidence that I could filfill a bisexual womens needs to take the step to marrage. I would always have doubts in my mind that her needs are being unmet by me.
 DianesBuffet
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2010 4:10:03 PM
YES YES YES both my husband and I are both bisexual and it`s great. We pratice safe sex all the time and we enjoy a third person in our bed.
I think it is great that we were both able to be honest with each other about our sexuallity. Not like the thousands of men and women out there not telling their partners.

Diane and Dave
 Walts
Msg: 319
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2010 5:35:14 PM
Almost to the point of switching teams.
Does that count....for something?????

Vannili
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2010 6:39:36 PM
I would not date or marry a bisexual man, for that is worse fate than death. Imagine if a man leave me for a man, the whole community will be wondering what is wrong with my mouth to pleasure him, or if he leave me for the other way around, I can not be explaining to every body that the back rear tunnel is off limit ,that is a passage for waste, only the front tunnel to enter...
( I'm serious on this).....
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2010 6:54:32 PM

Sure. A past girlfriend of mine has actually since come out as bi (long after our relationship ended), and I don't see why it would affect a relationship with her. Obviously once in a relationship and when married you would expect fidelity, but that's no different from anyone else. The only difference is that there's twice the competition to get to that point! :P

It should be noted that it is somewhat common for someone to consider themselves bi as part of the process of concluding that they're actually gay (I think it's easier that way), so you'll want to take enough time to find out if that's the case or if they are actually bisexual and are going to remain that way. However, this should be pretty easy since if you wait a reasonable amount of time before taking the step into marriage this will take care of itself.

Also, a large number of posts in this thread make me very, very sad and angry. Grow up and learn about the world around you. That's all.

It is quite refreshing to hear words of wisdom from this poster, even if my assessment exposes my "ageism"

but diannnnne is actually the perfect example of the real world as opposed to "in theory". In my experience, those who are bisexual are apt to desire an alternative lifestyle. To each their own, but to think that being attracted in a sexual way to members of both genders doesn't inhibit one's ability to be in an exclusive relationship is to fool ones self. I have yet to see a lasting relationship between two bisexuals or a relationship where one party is bisexual remain exclusive. If you are not good at sharing, it won't work, despite a liberal view. Grow up & learn about the world around you.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2010 8:05:21 PM

I have yet to see a lasting relationship between two bisexuals or a relationship where one party is bisexual remain exclusive.

I have.

To each their own, but to think that being attracted in a sexual way to members of both genders doesn't inhibit one's ability to be in an exclusive relationship is to fool ones self.

Comes down to the individual and their morals and values, not their sexuality.
 brandished
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2010 8:10:33 PM

Almost to the point of switching teams.
Does that count....for something?????

Walts, please (for the sake of all us single women out there in cyber land) wait it out, stay with your scrupulous nature and most of all, don't forget there are no short cuts that are worth taking!!

Damn it, I wish I lived in Surrey British Columbia...
 Nu2010
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2010 9:33:32 PM
No, I would not marry a bi-sexual man.
 DianesBuffet
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2010 4:43:47 AM
Well we have been married for 5 years now and I love this man more now then I did the day we married. Personally at this point, our marriage is great, excellent, perfect and I cant see it changing any time soon. some marriages work and some don`t and that is the way it is.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?