Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you kill your emotions?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 letsdoit9999
Msg: 101
How do you kill your emotions?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I killed my emotions once the love of my life, my soul mate left me for someone else. The only emotions that left were love, joy and happiness. I'm totally dead and empty inside, I do feel, but it's just constant hate and rage. Don't try to deal with the pain through work, I've worked twelve hours a day for seven days a week for the last year. I have nothing to show for it but more lonelyness and no social life.
The worst part is I brought all this on myself trying to purge my emotions so I would never be hurt again.
Becareful what you wish for you might just get it
 Pashune
Msg: 102
view profile
History
How do you kill your emotions?
Posted: 6/28/2009 7:41:42 PM
In my last break up, I basically took a hammer and started smashing up some already broken machinery/electronics outside whilst violently screaming until my voice got sore.

After that, I tried getting into things my ex-girlfriend couldn't stand to hear, watch, do, sing, etc.

Almost 10 months after we've broken up, I'm STILL having dreams where she's in bed with me. The worst part? I'm currently in a relationship. My new girlfriend looks a bajillion times better in bed than my ex ever did. It boggles my mind and I wish the blasted dreams would go away!

I can't understand why I'm still having dreams of an ex I absolutely loathe and hate since the day she cheated on me to date my best friend. That's a double-emotional-whammy.
 batdann
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/28/2009 10:03:14 PM
my lil trick is "kill em with niceness" works like a lucky charm and yet theirs no harm..
 SimplyKendra
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/28/2009 10:31:29 PM
It's called Whiskey.

oldmaid72
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/24/2009 8:01:23 PM
One word: Booze
 Connor-19
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/24/2009 10:40:32 PM
Usually you kill your emotions by calling your former S.O a dbag, **** face and so on.

I actually just talked to a friend of mine today via text. She was like "yeah we should hang out, my work schedule is free, I'm single...blah blah blah" and I was like "whoa single, you broke up with mike?"

"yeah a couple weeks ago he's a total douchebag and I don't care"

I highly doubt she doesn't care. You shouldn't be detaching yourself imo, however you also can't get absorbed in your emotions to the point where it takes control of your life.

You have to cope with the fact that you and your S.O are done (however you do that) and then move on.
 MAESBABY63
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:21:41 AM
I wish I could kill mine for a certain person and it baffles me how he could do it so fast and with such a cold indifferent attitude.
Wish I never had met him as I never knew love could hurt this bad, now that I know, I am in no hurry to do it again.
I am still reeling from my Mother's death 2 years ago and here I am mourning another death, a death of a lost love.
My faith and prayers are getting me through it for the most part.

SUGARCOOKIE4SOMEONE
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/25/2009 12:29:01 PM
You are so right. I wish the grieving stage would just end and move straight to the indifference stage. I am a different person for the experience. I think a better person. I could have done without the hurt tho.
 *Sassy Redhead*
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/25/2009 8:28:50 PM
With lots of alcohol......just kiddin.

I'm not sure I would want to kill my emotions. If you bury your emotions too much you take the risk eventually not feeling at all. I don't think that I want to go through life bein a cold hearted b!tch (well, more soo then I already have been accused of).
 kpooks
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:41:16 PM
You don't. You channel them into something or someone else. I work out, I go dancing, I go see a movie and get deeply involved with the characters on screen.
 yew4ic
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/26/2009 12:09:28 AM
maes[[[My faith and prayers are getting me through it for the most part.]]]]

You're in good company maesbaby.Faith and prayer will see us through.Would be nice if it would hurry up, but this is our time to learn.
 lizzielyn
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2009 3:00:38 AM
you dont you just try your best to move on....
 D_lily
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/26/2009 2:55:22 PM
Well, you just think it through. If it wasn't that great for both of you one of you were not going to be happy. Then sooner or later neither of you would be happy.

Everyone has something that they care about and chances are there is an organization that needs a volunteer that is just what you need.

Do something to take the focus off that area of your life and start helping others. You don't kill your emotions------who wnats to warm up to a Mr. or Ms. emotionless .

Oh yeah baby I like the way you just stand there ,hehehe.
 MAESBABY63
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/26/2009 3:16:01 PM
Yes it is( Yew4ic ) asI believe we meet nobody by chance and it is always for a reason.
I am so impatient but it is in God's time not mine, he has eternity we have a short time to wait for what we want but I take comfort in knowing that He has a perfect plan for all of us and all things work for the good when He is involved.

Not pushing my faith on anybody, just saying prayer is a powerful thing and I thank God for my pastor and church family, without them I would really be in a terrible mess.

Who knows, maybe I met him for the purpose of being taught patience because good golly Miss Molly he has a lot of it where I don't but you know they say

" Good things come to those who wait."
 yew4ic
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/26/2009 4:50:46 PM
maesbaby[[[[[Yes it is( Yew4ic ) asI believe we meet nobody by chance and it is always for a reason.]]]]]

I believe that too. Some come into our lives for just a season, and that season is for a reason. There is a lesson to be learned, and this last one I had was a tough one. If we walk away from it with more knowledge, then we need to embrace it. We can share that knowledge with our kids, friends, etc. anyone who is hurting. I empathize with you, and I know it is anything but easy.
 *MisKa*
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/26/2009 5:06:19 PM
Laughter. Lots and lots of laughter, Crackers Comedy Club rocks for a post break up place. Copious amounts of alchohol and choclolate, Thank gawd for Mudd Slides!!!!
 mortalez
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:29:29 PM
I have often wondered the same thing, my only guess is arsnic.
I feel your pain people have no idea or dont care how cruel they can be.
 luvl3tter
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2009 9:08:55 PM
The best way to kill something is to not feed it - starve it to death.

If you think about him, change what you are thinking about. Do your best to avoid places for a little while that remind you of him, avoid reading old emails or letters, avoid talking about him good or bad, don't look at old pictures...etc.

Then time will heal the wounds.
 erika1967
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2009 11:11:57 PM
This is really sad that this question is even asked at all. How to kill someone's emotions? This tells us how messed up the world we are living in. What is living without emotions? Well sadly, we can't kill emotions, but we can PRETEND it's not there or we can DIVERT our attention in to something else so we don't feel the emotions. You can also get yourself really busy, watch hilarious movies, stay away from love songs, talk to your good friends and go buy yourself something nice.
 Dona2009
Msg: 120
Posted: 7/28/2009 2:43:00 AM
Thoughts control emotions, how we think affects how we feel. Changing your self talk may help xx
 lisaf33
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/28/2009 8:16:23 AM
i totally agree with you , this has happened to me a few times i always fall for the wrong person,now i say if u cant beat them join them sad but true.
 mortalez
Msg: 122
Posted: 7/28/2009 8:56:08 AM
Sad that people treat other in a way that makes them want to kill their emotions, heart breakers should be publically f logged.
 mytym2
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2009 9:57:56 AM
You could do what I did.... Allow him keep screwing you over and over until he's totally destroyed everything you had in you before you finally decide maybe there's someone out there who not only will treat you the way you deserve to be treated, but also who you can actually love even better.
 erika1967
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2009 11:01:06 PM
" we meet nobody by chance and it is always for a reason"

you really think so?
 GypsyWoman123
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/28/2009 11:30:06 PM
... meds... LOL Whatever it takes. Basically I go back onto meds if I feel I am not coping very well... I have also learned though to just try to flow with the feelings, to feel them and then release them.... good cries help to release a build up of grief.... have to get it out every once in a while...

Denial is a good coping mechanism LOL.... I just try to think we are apart, and if it's God's will for us to get back together, then it will happen... so I try to leave it to God and try to think of it as more of a separation with an unknown ending until the future... easier for me to think of it that way, than as of a permanent ending....

I miss all the little things we did together. I miss the daily habits I developed being with him, like dinner and lying in bed watching TV. But on the other hand, I like being able to do my own thing in my own space. That is real nice...

I also try to think that of the practical reasons we are not together, rather then thinking of it as rejection. Like finances, or health or incompatibility or whatever. If I view it as a practical reason for not being together, then it seems to help a tiny bit.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you kill your emotions?