Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How to get him to ask me out..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 26
view profile
History
How to get him to ask me out..Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
1)Why do you want him to make the move? So you can feel desireable?

Make the move yourself.

2) the two of you are hanging out...but now you want to escalate it to a sexual relationship, that you are officially his gal? That's a big jump, if the two of you are only hanging out. Of course, if he's a FWB, then your real question is how to go from FWB to gf...and there's plenty o' posts on that.

Again, why wait for him? you're a liberated gal, take the bull by the horns and get this situation to where you want it to be. Don't be a hopeless romantic, be a hopeful one !
 Shoedaddy
Msg: 27
view profile
History
How to get him to ask me out..
Posted: 6/7/2010 5:36:45 AM
.. You don't, and shouldn't even be thinking like this so early.
Refresher~ At the time, the op had just MET this guy a week and a half ago; and she's asking for a commitment already? ... I really hope most women don't share a similar dating protocol. It's hard to blame men for fearing commitment.
 FunkyMonkee
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2010 7:27:29 AM
I'm afraid it is..... into the sack...... With the appropriate protection = contraceptives not a gun.
 ktori
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2010 9:16:55 PM
Make the first move! If it means asking him out on a real date, do it. If you're beyond that, just get closer when you're together, and plant a big kiss on him!

This is really hard for me too because I'm shy, but I'm also very headstrong and go after what I want. My best two relationships have been with guys that I asked out instead of waiting around, or just going out with whoever asked me. When it came to getting physical I made the first big move with my current BF too. He was being such a gentleman, so I had to just jump on him!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2010 12:20:37 PM

.. You don't, and shouldn't even be thinking like this so early.
Refresher~ At the time, the op had just MET this guy a week and a half ago; and she's asking for a commitment already? ... I really hope most women don't share a similar dating protocol. It's hard to blame men for fearing commitment.

A commitment doesn't always mean marriage and forever after.
Sometimes it just means you'll be exclusive with each other and see where
the relationship goes. I think the time frame for a commitment based on that
criteria is really different for everyone. I would say after 3 or 4 dates with
someone ( in some cases even less) I know whether or not I want to work on
a relationship instead of just dating. But like I say everyone is different.

Nothing wrong with asking for a commitment regarding exclusivity when
you're comfortable doing so. If the other person runs, I guess you've got
your answer.

vertical95
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/12/2010 1:34:39 PM
Ask him out yourself. There is no need rule stating that a man must always ask a woman out.
 deborah815
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2010 2:22:49 PM
A week and a half and you ADORE him? You want him to commit? SLOW DOWN. Wow, take it easy already. What's the hurry? You're all fired up, cool down just a little and things will go nicely for you.
 ExquisiteEccentric
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/14/2010 5:22:59 AM
LOWER YOUR FEES !!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How to get him to ask me out..