Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Over for Mccain?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tallskier
Msg: 976
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?Page 40 of 42    (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)

And we want to reinforce our brain cells on how the Repubs hijacked, raped and pillaged our country over the last eight years and tried to continue with McCain and Palin.

Wow, people actually believe this stuff. Amazing.

They're going to be really surprised when they learn just how little power a President has.
 Charlemagne08
Msg: 977
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/7/2008 12:31:18 PM
Because we are so relieved that what could have been was averted. We are relieved that the King George and Darth Cheney era is coming to an end. And we want to reinforce our brain cells on how the Repubs hijacked, raped and pillaged our country over the last eight years and tried to continue with McCain and Palin. We do not want to forget what came up in this election cycle nor the past eight years...

Very well said...you expressed my thoughts and feelings perfectly. I would just add that I do not equate all conservatives with the GOP, as I've seen posts on these forums from conservatives who come across nothing like the radical element of the GOP.

I remember a couple of months ago hearing in an interview with a former CIA man that Bin Laden is dead. He gave his reasons for thinking so and they sounded reasonable.

Do you have a source for this online? I'd be interested to see what it has to say...
 Acoustic-Blues
Msg: 978
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/7/2008 1:47:38 PM

Because we are so relieved that what could have been was averted. We are relieved that the King George and Darth Cheney era is coming to an end. And we want to reinforce our brain cells on how the Repubs hijacked, raped and pillaged our country over the last eight years and tried to continue with McCain and Palin. We do not want to forget what came up in this election cycle nor the past eight years. If we can do that then there is hope Palin will be contained in Alaska and away from the national stage. Let them keep the pitbull with lipstick to make snarly faces up there with Putin.

Well, that's one way to look at it. However I see it differently, I think many people just like to hear themselves whine and resort to name calling to try and make their point.

I am as pissed at all the average Joe's who borrowed way more than they could ever have afforded as I am at the big man in the suit who overcompensted himself. Both groups stole hundreds of billions from the responsible citizens.
 tallskier
Msg: 979
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/7/2008 1:49:40 PM

I am as pissed at all the average Joe's who borrowed way more than they could ever have afforded as I am at the big man in the suit who overcompensted himself. Both groups stole hundreds of billions from the responsible citizens.

Don't forget the nice folks in Congress who made it all possible.
 ronjo58
Msg: 980
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/7/2008 2:32:12 PM
Congratulations to President-Elect Obama and his supporters. It was a race that was hard fought and kudos to those that worked hard on both sides for their candidates.
America has chosen its leader and I support and defend that choice. I voted for McCain and I don't regret that in any way. My opinions have not changed but now that
Obama will become the US President, I will support him as President of the United States. I don't envy the job he has ahead and I wish him the best.
Having said that, I would hope to see the animosity of the campaign, on both sides , disappear and Americans do the right thing, in working to bring unity to America.
It is time to lay down the mean spirited sword of resentment and reach out to each other in a kind and understanding spirit. United we Stand, divided we fall. I think truer words have never been said. Therefore, even though my candidates lost, I stand as a man and offer my hand to all that are strong enough to do the same. I am willing to put our differences aside and work towards what is for the good of our Country and the World.
 Vyper┬«
Msg: 981
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 12:18:39 AM
Good call, Ronjo!
 cotter
Msg: 982
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 4:06:07 AM

And we want to reinforce our brain cells on how the Repubs hijacked, raped and pillaged our country over the last eight years and tried to continue with McCain and Palin.
In a way it would feel very good to run about gloating to those who have been quite hurtful and said some very ugly things in this election process. But one must remember that the candidate that won is still not even president, and not at all in a position to "deliver" on his promises.

Just don't forget, we are still at the mercy of "Dubya" and anything he might try to pull. I don't put it past him that he could still start something or worsen the situation in some way for the in-coming crowd.

"Acoustic-Blues "...
I see evidence of this on a daily basis. I'm seeing all kinds of homes here in the area where I live and work (home health nurse traveling to my patient's homes) ... that cost at least 2 or 3 times what my house costs (and my house was not exactly cheap). I constantly have to ask myself, "What are these people doing to earn the kind of money that will allow them to buy such a home?"

I know several have told me that most who are losing their homes had no down payment and were making interest payments only ... never really paid any equity into the homes. This is one reason it has become the trend for people just to abandon the home and take off when they can no longer pay ... they have no money invested in the equity to lose!!! They see it somehow as just paying rent and then leaving.

This is a "live for now" type of attitude. They go into this knowing that there will be some sort of balloon payment down the road but don't put any money aside for it. If their income is just enough each month to cover the interest payment alone, how could they ever put any money aside for that balloon payment.

None of it makes any sense to me anyways because whenever I wanted to buy a home ... there was always a down payment necessary and besides they never would have given me a loan that I could not afford to pay ... based on my income.
 dancecard
Msg: 983
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 5:46:26 AM

~ addressing this poster is like attempting to worry to death an old porch hound ~ the capacity to preceive is just not there.

I know several have told me that most who are losing their homes had no down payment and were making interest payments only ... never really paid any equity into the homes. This is one reason it has become the trend for people just to abandon the home and take off when they can no longer pay ... they have no money invested in the equity to lose!!! They see it somehow as just paying rent and then leaving.
this is indicative of a greater problem. The effect of a failure in others places

This is a "live for now" type of attitude. They go into this knowing that there will be some sort of balloon payment down the road but don't put any money aside for it. If their income is just enough each month to cover the interest payment alone, how could they ever put any money aside for that balloon payment.
~ and McCain practiced this "Live for Now" approach through out his campaign ~ He lived in the minute ~ attemping to capture and win over each minute ~ one at a time ~ much like our country has been ran of 8 years ~ There is no strategy, no overriding plan but to win the minute! with an assumption that minute make hours and hours make days. ~ Bad chess play ~ and explains ~ the position we find ourselfs in to today.

~ The ruse was and still is ~ If you be truly intelligent and bright you might see the Emperors fine cloths but if you are dumb ~ you can't see them.

Well ~ they've been buck naked for years ~ if you can't dazzle with brilliance ~ you baffle with bullsh1t! ~ and have a great pep squad , people that preceive themselfs bright !

and this portion of the problem has indeed been solved ~ in that, there is some comfort ~ but this is just the beginning and we have still much in our way ~ The house of cards that has been erected by the many "powers that be " ~ is falling in on itself ~ as the profit takers ~ grab and run! ~ because they can ! and the grabbing "now" better then it will be in the future. ~ This is the effects ~ of many things ~ a disfunctional Attorney Generals office ~ just being one.

Obama AG choice will be of great interest!

Dance
 ManeRider
Msg: 984
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 7:07:09 AM

Truth is, it's going to be very hard not remembering Carl Rove, Sean Hannity, Newt Gingrich, Rush Limbaugh and Bay Buchanan spew their rhetoric, and hopefully, some new mindthought will emerge from some more enlightened, intelligent, strategic democrats. These people above have done more to disrupt our Country, to be divisive, and to bring about so much petty attacking and smearing, that their legacy will live on in infamy. This is why Colin Powell resigned. He saw what their capabilities were and he exited stage left. He was quoted as saying McCains down and dirty politics and the character assasinations (through associations) was his primary reason for endorsing Obama, not because Obama was more experienced, not because Obama had greater foreign relations experience. It was because the republicans have gone off course, tangible to the greater good of our Nation.

For a Country as powerful and highly respected as we once were, it's been a global disgrace being under Dubya and Cheney. We have a lot of work to do at home, as well as abroad. Our reputation as a humanitarianly fair but firm nation has turned into the evil empire of doom. Anti-intellectualism has been key. But now, we have a new direction, a very bright, intelligent President Elect, who will appoint highly intelligent people, not based on their willingness to tow party lines, or to endeavor to be self-serving and greedy, but who will be committed to taking our Country back to a level of repect and decency.

Palin did a decent job of igniting the base, the ultra-conservative, born again, gun totin` anti-intellectuals- let's face it...she's a pretty face, but ....she is by no means the sharpest tool in the shed. I'd greatly enjoy knowing Palin, she seems so pleasant to be around, and she's quite beautiful, but those are not qualities people should base a presidential candidate for.

Once the internal warfare of the republican party subsides, they need to sit down, smoke some weed, and try and recoup something, try and figure out why they've lost SO BIG, why they're losing not only the administration, but both House and Senate. 3 races- Stevens, Chambliss, and Franken- hold the cards for having a filibuster proof Congress. So the message to all republicans would be to see the writing on the wall, to face the music, and to make changes such that they earn the respect they get, rather than try and force-feed their brand of political persuasion.
Hillary once stated that republicans were facing political extinction and if they don't recognize that possibility, it may very well become a fact in American politics. They may not like hearing it, they will probably run circles around the very issues they face, and, should that be the case, we may very well have seen the last of the republican dynasty in America.

Had Obama finished last in the Naval Acadamy, Had McCain been president/graduate (magna-cum-laude) from Harvard Law School, had Obama left his crippled, disfigured wife, maybe we'd be seeing different faces coming into Washington, but McCain/Palin were just not up to the challenge. While I can admire both candidates, they both lacked the wherewithall to step into the American government as it stands today.

I hope all republicans learn something from all of this.
 VVendy
Msg: 985
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 8:12:47 AM
I am most happy that the mud toss lost almost across the board every place that had very negative ads voted for the dem
 tallskier
Msg: 986
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 9:17:19 AM

I am most happy that the mud toss lost almost across the board every place that had very negative ads voted for the dem

Proving only that "mud tossing" is quite effective.
 geeleebee
Msg: 987
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 9:25:59 AM

I am most happy that the mud toss lost almost across the board every place that had very negative ads voted for the dem.

And rightly so.

Proving only that "mud tossing" is quite effective.

Yup; the 'mud toss' worked very effectively...for the other party.
 Charlemagne08
Msg: 988
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 9:30:19 AM

Uh huh. Just ask Elizabeth Dole.

I'm still afraid to believe it's real, I do worry about Obama's safety and that of his family.

There have been some historic things that have happened in my lifetime, but this might be the biggest of them all. It's incredible, truly incredible. And wonderful. However, notwithstanding the historic nature of this election, Obama was still the best choice; he is still the best person to lead this country.
 tallskier
Msg: 989
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 9:31:52 AM

Quite right - the Democrats were very effective at tossing mud.
 geeleebee
Msg: 990
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 9:39:34 AM

Quite right - the Democrats were very effective at tossing mud.

I work with a few staunch Republicans, one of whom was so disgusted by the borderline-slanderous remarks McCain/Palin were throwing out there, that he wrote in 'Mickey Mouse' on his ballot.

At any rate, it is definitely over for McCain.
 tallskier
Msg: 991
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 9:53:07 AM

I work with a few staunch Republicans, one of whom was so disgusted by the borderline-slanderous remarks McCain/Palin were throwing out there

Don't forget the races for Congress, Senate, and Governor. LOTS of mud thrown there. Here in NC, it paid off handsomely for the Dems.
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 992
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 9:58:16 AM
Please, everybody knows the deciding factor of this election. It wasn't mud slinging, it was an economic meltdown under the watch of one of the most unpopular presidents in history. The republicans have reaped what they sowed.
 tallskier
Msg: 993
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 10:04:50 AM
It wasn't mud slinging, it was an economic meltdown under the watch of one of the most unpopular presidents in history.

Don't forget the even less popular Congress, who had even MORE to do with it. And Most of them remain in office.

The republicans have reaped what they sowed.

We're all reaping, and there's more to come.
 Charlemagne08
Msg: 994
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 10:05:24 AM
Charles, ever the voice of reason.

You are quite correct. That and the fact that McCain's policies were far too similar (if not outright identical) to GWB's.
 dancecard
Msg: 995
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 12:03:05 PM
yea ~ no policy ! ~ Dance
 Charlemagne08
Msg: 996
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 12:10:43 PM
This is very cool....the President Elect and Vice President Elect have rolled out a brand new website:

http://change.gov/

And guess what? They want our input! This man is breaking new ground, pioneering his way to the White House at every turn. With the way he ran his campaign, his website, and how his new website. So if ya'll have issues, concerns, suggestions ~ now you have a place to let him and Vice President Elect Joe Biden know.

Here's the link with the "suggestion box":

http://change.gov/agenda/additionalissues/
 Navigator6
Msg: 997
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 12:32:47 PM

yea ~ no policy ! ~

I'm sorry, but I just have to ask.

Dude, what's ~ up ~ with ~ all ~ of ~ this ~ annoying ~ crap ~ in ~ every ~ single ~ one ~ of ~ your ~ posts ~??
 dancecard
Msg: 998
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 2:30:11 PM
it pleases me that you fnd it annoying ! That means ~ your are alive after all and not really numb dead. ~ and you havn't read all my post or you'd realize you are in error.
I have spoken kindly of both McCain and Palin ~ on many ocassions.

But for what it's worth, ~ McCains' roll-out was void of policy ~ it was about differences in character,~ remember ~ not issues ~ and character assassion , what policy he developed ~ he borrowed from Obama and slapped a gum label "Country First" on it! ~

He had no plan ~ but to seize the day ~ anyway he could ! ~ and got shot down ~ again.

I can well understand you being annoyed ~ that it's fact ~ makes it only worse.

This thread is about it being "Over" for McCain. ~ try reading some other thread ~

or quit reading them at all ~ your option.

Dance
 ManeRider
Msg: 999
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 5:00:27 PM
yea ~ no policy ! ~

I'm sorry, but I just have to ask.

Dude, what's ~ up ~ with ~ all ~ of ~ this ~ annoying ~ crap ~ in ~ every ~ single ~ one ~ of ~ your ~ posts ~?

~Now that the embers are still smoldering from the fire~

Obviously, some people refuse to acknowledge~that some other people have a certain flair in their writings.... a signature

I'll concur , it's amusing to me to find it so annoying to someone else. ........

........and I can't quite help but savor the moment.

BTW, according to a recent concensus of the people, it's about time to start learning from others instead of tooting your own horn all the time. WERD UP

Oh and..... Navigator, "Bristow", (VA) (profile) is actually spelled "Bristol"
 cotter
Msg: 1000
view profile
History
Over for Mccain?
Posted: 11/8/2008 6:45:15 PM

Oh and..... Navigator, "Bristow", (VA) (profile) is actually spelled "Bristol"
Oh dear ... is it also over for Navigator6? I mean if he doesn't even know how to spell the name of the town he's from ...

As another poster pointed out ... McCain very profoundly said that he knows how to find Osama bin Laden. I wonder if he's gonna share that with someone anytime soon? Not that I think that's so very important at this point.

I honestly think Bin Laden is already dead and McCain just said that off the top of his head ... thinking maybe it would get him some votes? Who knows, but I think for the most part it made him look rather silly. Like anyone who could make a statement like that and really follow through ... would just sit on that information until they become President of the US?

We all know that he is quite a patriotic person (at least I think that's something we can assume). That's another reason I don't think he really meant what he said because I can't imagine that being the patriotic person he is ... he would just sit on that kind of information and not do something about it ... eh?
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Over for Mccain?