Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 176
Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I am always late but I never answer my cell phone on a date unless it is a call from one of my kids...to me that is just rude!
 sonic1214
Msg: 177
Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....
Posted: 3/22/2009 11:50:25 AM
Ok, well for a first meeting there are better places than Mickey D's and Taco Bell! The time on the cell phone is a major date breaker. It all sounds pretty fishy too! Drop him!
 Hmmoksurewhynot
Msg: 178
Posted: 3/24/2009 8:43:36 PM
No not at all : ) he obviously was not interested. Take note of how you felt vs. thinking about it too much and you'll have your answer. Remember first impressions are sooo important. When we're first getting to know someone it's a given that they are presenting themselves at their best. That dudes best was not cool for you, and probably the reason why he is single - a typical smuck. I've had the same thing but it was texting during dinner. Not only did she get a great dinner for free but she was on the phone and it was buzzing through the meal.
 19hazel
Msg: 179
Posted: 3/24/2009 9:05:57 PM
omg enough with these silly responses here, really people ! u met a guy at McD'S, LORD ENOUGH SAID ! then Taco bell seems to me class written all over this, and if that wasnt enough, he brings his son and no money, well I think u should marry him ! what ya think people out here, please give it a rest will u
 janeofalltrades37
Msg: 180
Posted: 4/3/2009 9:48:21 PM
NO WAY. YOU ARE NOT WRONG!
 djsalinger
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2009 10:05:07 PM
what yahoo brings his 2 year old on a first date-to mcdonald's-yer kiddin me. and yer wonderin if the guy is a loser? duh!
 hottie415
Msg: 182
Posted: 4/4/2009 2:57:06 AM
Ok the whole fact that he invited you to McDonald's for a date is a deal breaker for me right there. McDonalds=no class. Why did you allow this yahoo to be late 3 times?? First time should of been the last. Bringing his kid on a first date??Double yahoo. This guy is a total joke!! You must raise your standards if you want to find a quality man.
 Rayc604
Msg: 183
Posted: 4/4/2009 5:15:45 PM
Have you asked him why he was late the second and third time? If you didn't like him being late, then let him know. Teach him to be a better person by having him wait for you instead of you waiting for him. I think it's such a turn off when he ask you out so many times. If I were you, I won't see him that often. You want to take it slow no matter how much you like him. You want to keep things mysterious so that he would want to see you again. anyways... take care!
 Timby77
Msg: 184
Posted: 5/26/2009 7:51:28 AM
Generally i would say Im late a lot myself, but never for a date...especially a FIRST date... And before I go on too far... I just cant believe stuff like this actually happens. McDs, Taco Bell, and sitting in the park on 3 consecutive days is just assinine behavior. If the guy wont even attempt to take you somewhere decent to show he gives the smallest of craps.... why feel bad? You gave him 3 chances... you did great, and now its time to let it go and move on to the next one :-) Good luck.
 thebull44
Msg: 185
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:19:28 AM
I WOULD'VE IF I WERE YOU STOPED THAT SO CALLED DATE AT THE DOOR OF MICKEY D'S>DROP THAT ONE AND ANYONE LIKE HIM,LIKE A HOT ROCK? THE BULL
 ShadowGal4u
Msg: 186
Posted: 5/26/2009 10:25:00 AM
mcdonalds??? taco bell???

i'd rather eat at home
 Livin in VT
Msg: 187
Posted: 5/26/2009 10:30:39 AM
I can not believe that he took you to two fast food places. Unless your request... I would have been furious if my date was on her cell while I was with her, I would have done the same and left.
Congrats for that!
 Livin in VT
Msg: 188
Posted: 5/26/2009 10:31:22 AM
I agree, unless there is an emergency for something , you can see who's calling and make the right decision.
 montana39
Msg: 189
Posted: 5/26/2009 11:55:47 AM
Not wrong at all.I commend you for taking charge and leaving.You don't have cell phone coversations on a date unless emergency.Yeesh thats just bad manners.
 martman300
Msg: 190
Posted: 5/27/2009 1:17:00 PM
DUMP THE DUDE!

We met at McDonalds with his 2 year old son, then Taco Bell, Then the park with no $$$$ Come On. Forget the cell phone issue. By the way how does he pay for his cell phone?

I would never do any of this crap, this guy is a loser. If he doesn't have any money he can plan an inexpensive get together or 1st meet. Fast Food joints just don't cut it.
 road_toad_ala_mode
Msg: 191
Posted: 5/27/2009 3:31:07 PM
I'd say loose that guy...like yesterday! Who meets up at McDonalds anyway-especially for the 1st time? That should have been strike #1 through 30 BILLION (1 for each person served). I understand he has a child, but c'mon (!!!) try to go the extra mile here fella's. Plus he was late a combined time of almost 40 minutes AND didn't bring cash to a date where HE ASKED YOU out! Drop him like a hot rock there sister...but give him an extra 50 cents (sense), so he can supersize his lack thereof.
 steve1976123
Msg: 192
Posted: 5/27/2009 3:45:43 PM
NO you are not guys like that ***hole should be left hes lucky you gave him that many chances his loss right come on the ****ing guy was late not once not twice but 3times hes lucky he got that 3date in my books but the only thing that i feal was wrong on your part was thinking that he should pay for your meal when hes not eating but the rest like he brings hes kid on the first date buddy come on use your brain dumb ass you should be like
 jj007104
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2009 7:40:16 AM
Ok...I know this post probably expired but I couldn't help but comment...my take on this is I do not blame the guy as much as I blame the woman who posted this...it takes two to make things go too far and you certainly played your roll on allowing things to get where they got...

1. The theme of these dates seem to revolve around fast food restaurants...maybe I should reevaluate how I do things when I go on dates because I always thought fast food dates were a no no and here we are in 2009 and women are allowing men to take them to fast food restaurants on dates, even worst, first and second dates

2. The guy brought his kid on a first date and the evening was spent with this dude making a clown out of his child for giggles and yet the poster still saw it as a successful first date...yikes

3. If a woman asked me out 3 days in a row I would think she was desperate unless we hit it off to the moon and something magical happened on the first night that I cant explain, no way in hell am I accepting invitations to go out Friday, Saturday and then Sunday...rather freakish if you ask me

4. In 2009 after all that we know about psychos out there, especially someone you met on the internet, you are accepting an invitation to go hang out by the water near his home a place you are unfamiliar with...true you were smart enough to drive yourself but your car would be of no use if this guy (who during the date was already drawing red flags) throws you in the water to rid of the evidence...I watch enough forensic files to know you placed yourself in a very dangerous situation and have no one else to blame but yourself.

My take on all of this was these were two desperate people...I hate to pass judgment but that's really how this all comes off...I hope in the future this young lady who posted this would use much better judgment when accepting dates from men and certain learns that she's worth more then a selection on the McDonald value meal...if a man doesn't have at least 100 dollars (especially in NYC) in his pocket to spare before he ask you out, then stay home and watch a movie and paint your toe nails as there's always better men out there that will come trying to woo you tomorrow.
 zrukaivna1967
Msg: 194
your more then right
Posted: 6/1/2009 5:40:34 PM
obviously this guy is not ready for the dating world yet... he is juggling his kid and ex at the same time he is being with you...

sounds to me more that he does not want to be alone... any night... so thats why he is consistant with the dating nights..

also he is consistant with a ritual that puts you in last place...

my question to you is.... WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU... are you that desperate yourself that even before the relationship statrts he is already training you to accept being last...

please explain why...
 ami2oldfrit
Msg: 195
Posted: 6/2/2009 4:39:10 PM
absolutely not! this guy can turn up to a date[which is an opportunity to hopefully impress]with no money,[and no pride,]and expect you to wanna drive around like a kid just shows where this so alled 'man' is mentally 17 sounds about right ,dragging his kid along to impress you with his devotion to it.would you turn up to a date and act like this specimen?,course you wouldn't so there is your answer
 cammiegirl
Msg: 196
Posted: 6/2/2009 6:38:35 PM
You are better than I would have been....He would have lost me when he brought his child on the first "date". Who does that?
 andjul
Msg: 197
Posted: 6/27/2009 7:54:44 PM
I am laughinmg my head off here

Firstly most of the intro's on here statebe honest and the do's and don'ts you expect

if someone takes you to an nice restaurant is he being honest or just out to impress, how many marriages break up people because courtship was based on impressing each other.

remember when you were young, your first date was meet in a bar, and the guy bought you a drink

why do everyone one now expect dinner, movies commitment on the first date.

Gee now wonder so many single devorced people on here
 rhodax
Msg: 198
Posted: 6/27/2009 9:01:51 PM
If I were a girl I'd have tossed the idiot for not turning OFF his cell phone. I'd never have gotten to the 20 minute wait in the first place. Come to think of it, same goes for me as a guy and it was a woman I was seeing.

If you want a date be prepared to pay attention to your DATE, not the rest of the frickin world. After all, what better way to irrevocably prove "you're just not that into them".
 marc100000
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2009 10:59:51 PM
You have to excuse his lateness.
Its obvious that if his first 2 dates are mickey ds and taco smell that he cant move too fast and you are lucky he was able to show up at all
 astock
Msg: 200
Posted: 6/28/2009 4:47:25 PM
now i can't completely blame him for being on the cell phone, i own my own business it is not unusual for people to call me in the late evening early night with problems or concerns. it's just a fact of life. as for bringing his child on the date, again i can't see anything bad with that seeing as it has happened to me a few times. this one girl i was talking to brought her son the very first time i met her and it was fun, just flat out fun. i myself love kids. maybe mcdonalds and taco bell were just a nice centralized place that he could meet you. can't condem a man for that. i have met girls at the mall, at chineese restraunts at taco bell, and at wendys. it's not being lazy it's just not making them drive more than they have to to meet

just my 2 cents
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....