Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Life on Other Planets? YES????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MrCruickshank
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Life on Other Planets? YES????Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Does "biological" work as a definition, versus "non-biological?"

Biological refers to living organisms, so depending on whether or not you consider Viruses alive or not would alter the perameters.
 Hibernian1960
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Life on Other Planets? YES????
Posted: 7/25/2011 3:55:03 AM
Life as we know it.

Prokaryotic, eukaryotic, exhibiting bilateral symmetry or radial symmetry, reproducing sexually and/or asexually...Covers a lot, doesn't it?
 The_Real_Guy
Msg: 127
Posted: 7/28/2011 4:38:54 PM
I'd like to say so... it's crazy to think that the conditions for life on Earth can't be found elsewhere.
 DevinRD
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/2/2011 2:46:21 AM
Isn't it a mathematical certainty that life exists on other planets?

I think the only feasible defense for a theory that life exists on Earth alone and no where else in the UNIVERSE would HAVE to be based on religion particularly creationism.

"God made us on Earth and didn't make anyone else on any other planet."

For anyone and everyone, religious or not who believes that life evolved naturally rather than being placed here literally by the hand of God, I think it goes without saying that its impossible for there NOT to be life that evolved naturally on many other planets throuought the universe.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2011 4:26:46 AM
Even the gods have their home planets. This was probably a vacation planet for them, us being the ants they could screw with during a picnic.
 Cathysaint
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2011 6:43:02 PM
While creation keeps sending signals for our heart to beat, Im quite happy to share the universe, but Id not go and embrace a UFO, cos I watched fire in the sky, which freaked me out.
Im not sure all are very friendly, so Im glad the MOD has it all under control.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2011 10:02:52 PM
friendly .... lol .... why would anyone think other life would be friendly ... when most other life is just surviving in a reproductive/consumption cycle that pays little heed to anything outside of that cycle.
 Cathysaint
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2011 4:21:25 AM
True, its just the theroy with alien abduction, that they are trying to save some samples of humans, in case we blow ourselves up, made me think some were friendly, but that film showed them drilling in his head and stuff, which would have hurt.
Im hoping its not true because if they are sophisticated enough to travel to other planets surely they would have better equipment to take samples with
 swamp_dude
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2011 8:14:25 AM
Oh ... Hollywood ... I'm prone to thinking this Alien abduction thing is no different than ...Trolls living under bridges and stealing children ... just fits our modern times better.

Got to admit, the cattle mutilation stories are pretty bizarre though and I'm really not that sure what to make of it. ... Cults, Military, Alien, Dimensional? or Insurance fraud.
 Cathysaint
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2011 4:51:56 PM
Hello the book I read on alien abduction was from a man who used to work for the MOD, so it was not a hollywood movie, but yeah may be some proof of alien life and abductions and the author believed them to be true.
I myself have seen a ufo, it was definately something that seemed sophisticated and stopped in mid air ,well came to a complete halt after traveling at such a fast speed that it left a gold trail, if it was something other than ufo with aliens, id love to know what else it could be, if not I believe in them, through seeing one with my own eyes.
I did not get abducted, cos I made sure I checked the time afterwards and only 10 minutes had passed
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2011 6:13:05 PM
One need only look at how humans treat their own planetmates to extrapolate how other species would view us in context. The slaughter of dolphins, whales, elephants, other bipeds,fellow mammels, amphibians, pollinators, and all sorts of interdependent species, shows that we are not truly from this place that give us life, allows us to continue to thrive and survive, and the failure to link that we are inter-dependent on thousands to millions of of other earthlings to be allowed to live on this rare blue ball of life in a big and expanding universe. We ignore the canaries in the coal mine of our brief existence at our own peril.
 R_O_U_S
Msg: 136
Posted: 8/10/2011 7:26:48 PM
as life developed from blue green algea X _Y_Y its been published as more of the question as to where did it come from... if the nitrogen froze from planet x and a rock having grater mass took years to hit from planet x causing the divergency between X_Y in mitochodric similaities in what alien system was this first established and what chatasrophe brought galaxy x to an end. Probably a collapse of a sun or supernovae nearby in the milkyway.. its prbably happening relitivity (X) quantumly hidden in a wide scale in dark matter. i opine lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Life on Other Planets? YES????