Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > New Orleans Saints      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 newdejavu
Msg: 251
view profile
History
New Orleans SaintsPage 11 of 71    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Congrats, Saints! 12-0; NFC South Champs. Next step, lock up homefield advantage.
Wish all the haters would stop harping on the schedule already!
 yeswho
Msg: 252
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/6/2009 5:02:46 PM
Saints pulled it out.That miss field goal kept your hopes alive.Hope they continue to win.In 72 when the Dolphins went undeaten.they played one team with an 7-7 record all others were below 500.Nobody holds that against them.
 HDready10
Msg: 253
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/6/2009 5:05:58 PM
the redskins were probably laughing after their game .they were not even suppose to be close in winning.

the redskins have been in all their games this year .twice they got beat by 10 points.

sad thing is the cowboys have to face them again.

the saint are missing corners or so they i hope they are healthy dec 19 no excuses here.
 Deed50
Msg: 254
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/6/2009 5:21:56 PM
The Saints dodged a bomb not a bullet today but when your 12 and 0 things just seem to go your way .I'll be suprised if my Cowboys arent done for the season so heres to the Saints Hope they do well representing the NFC
 kulbrz
Msg: 255
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/6/2009 5:35:48 PM
I was reading the thread from the NFL website on the game and i couldnt believe how many Vikings fans were talking trash saying the Saints were Lucky lol Well i told them that 2 of their games were won from luck lol And i also said the road to the SB Comes THRU NAWLINS!!!!!!! Who Dat!!! Who Dat!!!
 justnancy
Msg: 256
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/6/2009 5:56:54 PM
Well I don't think the Saints have been lucky, they have been winning because they have been playing well.

However, what the heck happened today. Whew.... overtime with the Redskins.... Today they may have been Lucky... Lucky that Campbell has a way of dying out in the second half of the game.
No matter they still won.

Congratulations Saints fans.... even though Atlanta s*cked today, I think next week will be a tough game for you.
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 257
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/6/2009 5:59:25 PM
I could not believe this game went into overtime. The skins kicker could have won that game and crushed the Saints undefeated record this year. I was shocked it was that close. I see something falling apart even though a win is a win. That close with the skins tells an unheard of tale might be brewing in New Orleans.
 kulbrz
Msg: 258
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:12:41 PM
Uh skins defense is one of the tops in the league ya know, so theres a battle test right there its self..
 vbxtc
Msg: 259
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/6/2009 8:45:22 PM
Lucky that Campbell has a way of dying out in the second half of the game.

Campbell has two career 300+ yard games in his career and both of them have come against the Saints. Today's loss was all about that pathetic missed chip shot by that ex-Cowboy kicker, and Laron Landry's inability to to resist biting on a receiver's double move .
 petebelongs
Msg: 260
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/7/2009 4:35:03 AM
Thanks Shaun, the check is in the mail!
Wow! That crazy cajun VooDoo was working yesterday! I had mentally and emotionally conceded that game. I had decided that the trap had worked! Coming off of an emotional victory over the Pats and with a short week into the "going no where in particular" Redskins game and with our second place division rivals waiting for our visit next week. We were victims, as had been so many more before us, that had fallen into that trap scenario. Talked the right talk through the week, but we just weren't there, physically and emotionally, come game time! The Redskins beat the Saints yesterday, plain and simple, everywhere but on the scoreboard! Their D line dominated our O line in the running game. They had a slight edge over us when we tried to pass, regularly putting pressure on Brees, and only his good instincts and ability to move in the pocket allowed him the success he had throwing the ball. The two offensive TDs we scored were both off of double moves that used Landry's aggressiveness against him. Meanwhile, we couldn't stop one of the weaker offenses in the league. Not to take anything away from the good game Campbell had, but we didn't put much pressure on him and weren't breaking up too many of his passes. Then there were the bizarre plays at the end of each half, a missed field goal that I could have made, and the strange moves of Payton putting the offense back on the field every time Zorn called a timeout to ice our kicker. Wow! Puzzling, perplexing and delightful for the Saints fans and "oh no, not again" for the Redskins fans! Redskin fans, the Saints fans have been there, we feel your pain.
 petebelongs
Msg: 261
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/7/2009 9:09:01 AM

Campbell has two career 300+ yard games in his career and both of them have come against the Saints.

Well, vbxtc, Campbell had a good game yesterday and against us last year, but he has actually had 4 other 300 yard games. His 300 yard games as follows:
11/18/2007 vs. Dallas 348 yards
11/25/2007 vs. Tampa 301 yards
9/14/2008 vs. Saints 321 yards
10/26/2008 vs Detroit 328 yards
9/27/2009 vs. Detroit 340 yards
and yesterday 367 yards, his best passing yardage for a game in his career.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 262
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/7/2009 12:17:29 PM
Even if the Saints would have lost that game I wouldn't have thought much of it. I mean don't get me wrong it would have been a huge win for the Redskins, even though that prob wouldn't have helped Zorn's future much with the Redskins, but I would have thought of it as more of a trap game then anything else.
 vbxtc
Msg: 263
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/8/2009 12:27:50 AM
Thanks Pete, you're right. I actually listened to one of the talking heads on tv yesterday, usually I look these things up before I post them. One thing everyone overlooked though is that Gregg Williams used to coach the 'Skins D. Campbell used to practice against his D every day and probably know where the holes are as well as any qb they'll see all year. He was really good at picking out where the blitzes were coming from.
 petebelongs
Msg: 264
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/8/2009 3:21:01 AM
I'm just hoping that Washington looking that good against us was due to an emotional letdown on our part and perhaps match-up issues rather than game planning. It would be hard for other teams to duplicate the match-ups, but not that hard to study and copy the offensive and defensive game plans.
 justnancy
Msg: 265
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/8/2009 2:08:38 PM

Aaaaw, cher, you make it sound so common and cheap. But it would be a beautiful experience, the intertwining of two bodies and two souls and ending hot, steamy, near breathless and wrapped around each other. Sweet Nancy, you do know that you don't have to be in love, in order to make mad passionate love, don't you, cher???

Oh silly me Pete honey.... you are right I shouldn't have made it sound so cheap.
I should have said Pete was "more interested in a lustful, passionate and exhausting tryst!"

Campbell has two career 300+ yard games in his career and both of them have come against the Saints. Today's loss was all about that pathetic missed chip shot by that ex-Cowboy kicker, and Laron Landry's inability to to resist biting on a receiver's double move

9/27/2009 vs. Detroit 340 yards
and yesterday 367 yards, his best passing yardage for a game in his career.

The sad part is they lost the game in overtime. Actually I felt bad for the Skins loosing, they played a good game.
 petebelongs
Msg: 266
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/9/2009 5:32:18 AM

I should have said Pete was "more interested in a lustful, passionate and exhausting tryst!"

Oh sweet Nancy, you just gave me goosebumps!!!!! Very well put, my dear!
 HDready10
Msg: 267
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/9/2009 8:26:51 AM
i wonder if the falcons will show up sunday. im sure the saints will come up with some excuse.
 petebelongs
Msg: 268
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/10/2009 4:25:11 AM
Excuse for beating the Falcons as a tune up before we whip the Cowboys in the Dome? HD, put the bottle down, your drinking won't save the Cowboys from the Charger victory this week or the Saints victory next week. The Cowboys will be 8-6, come Sunday 12/20/2009, and the Saints will be 14-0, with Division and Conference titles in hand and the Bucs and Panthers left to play!
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 sum1reel
Msg: 269
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/10/2009 7:50:33 AM
^
not for nuthin'.... but i'd rather take my loss in the regular season than in the playoffs...all winning streaks must someday come to an end....you just hope it doesn't end at the wrong time!
 skoochie
Msg: 270
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/10/2009 10:49:23 PM
The Vikings loss helped the homefield advantage. I hope the Saints don't get**** from here on out. An undefeated record would be...I don't know how to describe it other than "Mardi Gras in my pants"...errr without the beads thank you. lol
 petebelongs
Msg: 271
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/11/2009 5:17:35 AM
skoochie, my boy, this year has been as good as it has ever been for Saints fans! I'm just still amazed over the Meachem play last week, and I've been wearing my #17 jersey all week. I've found a site where I can get jerseys for $35-$40 and have gone a bit goofy. I have Shockey, Vilma, Moore, Sharper, Thomas, Fujita, Jenkins and Bell jerseys in route to go along with my Brees, Colston, Ellis, Meachem and Bush jerseys. Then there's the makeshift "Money" Mike McKenzie jersey, which is actually an old Ricky Williams #34 jersey with "R WILLIAMS" removed. We've now tied our record for most wins in a season in our history and go for a new team record this week against the dirty birds!

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Saints have found a way to win every game so far, making them just the eighth team in NFL history to start the season 12-0. Another win will set a franchise record and lock up that bye, but New Orleans has bigger goals in mind.

Like beating out Minnesota (10-2) for top seed in the NFC, which would ensure the Saints of nothing but home games throughout the conference playoffs. That would put them in the best possible position to reach the Super Bowl for the first time in franchise history, the perfect antidote for a city still struggling to bounce back from Hurricane Katrina.

“It was exciting before, but now it’s really exciting, because each week now holds another prize at the end of it,” quarterback Drew Brees(notes) said. “You win this week, you secure a first-round bye. Maybe the next week or the week after you secure potentially the one seed and then potentially the week after that you have an opportunity to make history (at 16-0) and you’re in the playoffs, so it gets more and more exciting each and every week.”
 petebelongs
Msg: 272
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/11/2009 5:24:01 AM

not for nuthin'.... but i'd rather take my loss in the regular season than in the playoffs...all winning streaks must someday come to an end....you just hope it doesn't end at the wrong time!

Nothing for nothing, sum1, but I'm rooting for this year's Saints to take the fizz out of the champagne that those old farts from the '72Miami Dolphins are keeping on ice! And how sweet it would be to do it right there in Miami!!!!!!!!!

WHO DAT??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
 kulbrz
Msg: 273
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/11/2009 7:40:10 AM
Wat site did get jerseys for that cheap Pete? I could get the One he wore on gameday for free lol Who Dat!!!
 skoochie
Msg: 274
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/11/2009 10:05:46 PM

And how sweet it would be to do it right there in Miami!!!!!!!!!

Awe man. That would be like Walter Payton style sweetness. Never thought of those '72 Dolphins not uncorking their bottles this year in their own home town. They have two teams to worry about right now.

How about Peyton Manning though? The guy just wins football games consistenty year after year. I figured the talking heads are more pumped up about the Saints because they are tired of talking about the Colts going undefeated for the first half of the season...and then some. I think the Saints are more impressive this year, a little bias, but the Colts have had a little dynasty this decade only to fall short of the SB each year. But, they're in the hunt every year.
 petebelongs
Msg: 275
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/12/2009 1:08:26 AM
kulbrz, the site is champjersey. Check out this article.

Buzz up! 0 PrintMETAIRIE, La. (AP)—It all began with the hiring of a rookie head coach and the signing of a quarterback with an injured throwing shoulder.

Making Sean Payton and Drew Brees(notes) the foundation of the rebuilding Saints may have looked a little risky in 2006, but it started New Orleans on a path from disarray to dominance.

Along the way, there have been a slew of fruitful late-round draft picks and unheralded free-agent signings that have combined to make the Saints what they are—the eighth team in NFL history to start a season 12-0.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We’ve got a coaching staff that has a mentality that we’re going to bring them guys they can work with and they do a great job of coaching them up and getting the most out of what they have,” Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said this week. “Sean has a particular talent of being able to look at someone and say, this guy’s got this strength and I can use that.”

The Saints, for example, never had to get into a bidding war over 34-year-old safety Darren Sharper(notes) or recovering drug abuser Anthony Hargrove(notes). Both signed one-year league minimum contracts with the Saints this year and have played key roles.

Sharper is tied for the NFL lead in interceptions this season with eight, three of which he’s returned for scores. Hargrove has become a regular on the defensive line with a few highlights of his own, including a fumble recovery for a touchdown. His three sacks rank second on the team.

They joined a roster where small colleges players that few knew of when they were drafted became immediate starters and eventually household names in the NFL.

They joined a roster with small-college players few had heard of when they were drafted, but who went on to become starters and eventually household names in the NFL.

Marques Colston(notes) played for Hofstra, an FCS school that recently announced it will disband its football program. The former seventh-round choice has 854 yards and eight TDs receiving this season, putting him on pace to surpass 1,000 yards receiving for the third time in four years.

Offensive guard Jahri Evans(notes) played at Division II Bloomsburg. He has started every game since being drafted in the fourth round in 2006.

Then there were the players that Payton kept from the team that had gone 3-13 while displaced by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Right tackle Jon Stinchcomb(notes) appeared in only 10 games as a reserve in his first two seasons after being drafted out of Georgia in 2003. He spent 2005 on injured reserve. Payton made him the starter after training camp in 2006, and he’s started every game since on an offensive line that has kept Brees among the NFL’s least-sacked quarterbacks.

“He had a good picture of what he wanted to create from a core group of guys and then began to supplement in areas each year, just building a program,” Stinchcomb said of Payton. “I think he would tell you he based it on good character guys that put team first and that had talent in almost that order.

“It was important for him to start with a guy like Drew Brees who has the highest character. He really embodies the type of player the coach talks about wanting on this team, and you look around this locker room, top to bottom, and that’s what he’s been able to find.”

Given Payton’s background as a college quarterback and offensive assistant in the NFL, it made sense that the Saints initially were strongest on offense. Brees proved his doubters wrong and rewarded Payton’s faith by fully rehabilitating the torn labrum in his right shoulder. Then, with Payton designing and calling offensive plays, and Brees executing them with precision, the Saints led the NFL in offense in two of their first three years together. This year, New Orleans leads the NFL in offense again.

What the Saints needed was better defense, and they’ve gotten it with the help of new defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and several new players.

Although Jabari Greer(notes) is injured now, he quickly became the Saints’ top cornerback after signing as a free agent in the offseason and performed well in the first eight games. The Saints hope to have him back for the playoffs. With Greer and fellow starter Tracy Porter(notes) (sprained knee) both out, the Saints took a chance on Mike McKenzie(notes), a player they had cut last winter because he’d had two serious knee injuries in the previous two seasons. In his first game back, he intercepted Tom Brady(notes) and broke up a fourth-down pass in the Saints’ resounding 38-17 victory over the Patriots.

Loomis is quick to say there’s been some luck involved, holding up Sharper as an example.

“We certainly didn’t expect eight interceptions and three touchdowns,” Loomis said. “Those older veterans—sometimes it’s good to get them when they feel like they’ve still got something to prove. To Darren’s credit, he came in with that kind of attitude.”

Loomis said there is a tendency in pro sports for coaches and personnel departments to butt heads sometimes. Loomis and Payton meet four to five times a day to make sure they’re working in lockstep. Meanwhile, scouts are invited to sit in on team meetings during the season to hear “what coaches are talking about to the players and understand what they’re asking our players to do,” Loomis said.

Loomis credits the chemistry between the coaching staff and personnel department for numerous roster decisions that have paid off handsomely in past few years. In 2008, the Saints acquired middle linebacker Jonathan Vilma(notes), who was coming off a knee injury, from the Jets for a fourth-round draft pick. He’s started every game since and is among the team leaders in tackles.

In 2006 the Saints acquired linebacker Scott Shanle(notes) from Dallas for a late-round draft pick. He’s started all but one game since and has two interceptions this season. This season, the Saints got tight end David Thomas(notes) from the Patriots for a future seventh-round draft choice. He’s come through with repeated third-down catches and a touchdown while also filling in at fullback.

The Saints top two rushers, Pierre Thomas(notes) and Mike Bell(notes), both were undrafted players. Thomas was signed as a rookie in 2007 and was kept instead of Saints fourth-round draft pick Antonio Pittman(notes).

“You’ve got to give credit to (Payton) for keeping an undrafted guy over a fourth-round pick,” Shanle said. “Even though he was better, a lot of teams don’t do that. Coach Payton and Mickey, since we got here, they’ve said, ‘We’re going to keep the best players. We don’t care what round you’re drafted in, how you got here.’ So when they do that and prove to guys on the team they’re really serious, that makes a huge difference.”

Bell was without a job when the Saints brought him in during the 2008 season. He and Thomas have combined for 1,264 yards and nine TDs so far this season. The Saints’ running game ranks fifth in the NFL.

Then there’s starting offensive guard Carl Nicks(notes), whose draft status was hurt by an arrest while he was at Nebraska. The Saints usually avoid players who’ve had trouble off the field. Loomis, however, said pro scouting director Ryan Pace and college scouting director Rick Reiprish have been good at gauging when it’s worth taking a measured risk on such players. The Saints drafted Nicks in the fifth round in 2008 and he became a starter during his rookie year.

“We go in with our eyes wide open and we’re not going to make a big investment on those types of things up front,” Loomis said. “A fifth-round pick, you’re hoping he makes your team and if he’s a contributor all the better. If he’s a starter you’ve hit a home run.”

Even the high draft picks that initially looked like busts have worked out. After being drafted in the first round in 2007, Robert Meachem(notes) did not play a down in his rookie season and played sparingly in his second year.

This season, he’s emerged as the Saints’ top big-play threat, with a team-leading nine touchdowns.

“Acquiring the player is one thing, but at the end of the day, we’re relying on our coaching staff to take young guys and develop them and recognize when they’re ready to play,” Loomis said. “That’s one of the great talents we have on our staff right now.”
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > New Orleans Saints