Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > New Orleans Saints      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 726
view profile
History
New Orleans SaintsPage 30 of 73    (16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56)
first of all i have never said the colts offense is god almighty, to be honest i dont think i have ever saif that they are even the best, have i?

I never pointed that directly at you did I? But there are many people crowning the Colts offensive line like that.

would have been the jets or the ravens and they didnt

They sure enough did the ravens and the jets game got to manning and forced him out of the pocket a few times especially in the jets game. The jets lost that game like the ravens did in both of their games against the colts due to their offensive mistakes. I mean did anyone truly expect a rookie QB to go in a championship game and not make a lot of mistakes as the game progress in which he did in the second half that cost the Jets the game? No starting rookie QB has ever took their team to the Superbowl.....

it doesnt matter how bad he is out sideof it now does it? if he is able to stay in the pocket it wont really be in conjuction with his overall performance

Yeah it does because that's part of how he maneges himself as a QB and yeah it is a conjuction to his overall performance or else out of pocket passer rating wouldn't be a stat as apart of his overall performance in what he does in and out of the pcoket.

The point of bringing up manning and chasing him out of the pocket by getting to him all goes back to what the Saints have top do to throw Manning off balance, that was the point of bringing up him and what the Saints have to do, which is why I stated about getting him out of the pocket and how that correlates to hitting his weak spot.
 Kulbrz
Msg: 727
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/4/2010 6:15:35 PM
The Aints will be the #1 worse Defense after the Colts get a hold of em'

Goodluck is all i gotta say to you and Mgm....
 petebelongs
Msg: 728
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:11:36 AM
broncs, just make sure you put up at least 5 grand on your sure thing! Wouldn't want you to miss out on your golden opportunity!
 broncsbuff
Msg: 729
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:22:20 AM

broncs, just make sure you put up at least 5 grand on your sure thing! Wouldn't want you to miss out on your golden opportunity!

everyone is loading up on the saints late...some of the lines have dropped to 4.5...WOW...

Im getting the best qb in the history of football and dont even have to give up a touchdown?

Pete, if I had 5 grand to put on the game...I would. Im just a small time gambler, couple 100 here and there. If I lose, not that big of a deal...its not like I bet to pay bills.

Colts -6....$$$$$$
and just to be sure...Colts -4.5 is more $$$$$$
 Kulbrz
Msg: 730
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:47:38 AM
everyone is loading up on the saints late...some of the lines have dropped to 4.5...WOW...

Im getting the best qb in the history of football and dont even have to give up a touchdown?

Pete, if I had 5 grand to put on the game...I would. Im just a small time gambler, couple 100 here and there. If I lose, not that big of a deal...its not like I bet to pay bills.

Colts -6....$$$$$$
and just to be sure...Colts -4.5 is more $$$$$$

Saints45
Donkeys23
 broncsbuff
Msg: 731
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:52:06 AM
Your bragging about beating the broncos?

Really?

worry about the colts and that Manning dude that is going to the hall of fame....
 big pacific
Msg: 732
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:58:24 AM
I'm with broncs, at 4.5 I'll take the colts. Anything less than a TD and i'll take the colts.
 itechman63
Msg: 733
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/5/2010 8:58:10 AM

some of the lines have dropped to 4.5...WOW

The oddsmakers are taking into account the Freeney injury.

I don't know what's better... to like both teams and just sit back watching a good game or disliking a team wanting them to lose to add some intensity. I was rooting in the NFC Championship for the Vikings because as a rival Bears fan, I wanted to see Minnesota get a chance to go 0-5 in Super Bowls and Bears fans may admire Favre but we have to go against a Packer too. Wanting a team to win a game so you can want them to lose a game?

I like both of these teams very much so I won't have that intensity of rooting for a team while rooting against a team.
 Kulbrz
Msg: 734
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/5/2010 12:08:38 PM
Ya'll are just plain lost!! have no clue do ya .....
 petebelongs
Msg: 735
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/6/2010 8:14:43 AM

Better circumstances greet Hargrove in Miami

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports
Feb 3, 9:34 am EST

Buzz up! 7 PrintMIAMI – It is Tuesday of Super Bowl week and New Orleans Saints defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove(notes) is smiling joyfully, having traded one of the worst lows of life for one of the greatest highs.

Hargrove has his hands full following the team's arrival Monday in Miami.

(Mark Humphrey/AP Photo)
He is standing in Sun Life Stadium, answering questions about how, at this same time a year ago, he was at a substance-abuse recovery facility only miles away. At different times, he would be strapped to a hospital bed, dealing with the worst effects from the cocaine, marijuana and alcohol he abused.

Related Video Saints media day Saints media day

Colts media day

Super Bowl X-factors

Brees vs. Manning
More NFL Videos Related CoveragePut on your iPads and download these 10 iPhone apps for Super Bowl XLIV More From Jason ColeSmith holds record but not regarded No. 1 Feb 6, 2010 Best QBs of all time: Where does Manning fit? Feb 5, 2010 ADVERTISEMENT

As tempting as it would be to cheer Hargrove’s story of self-help, to congratulate him for surviving after his mother died of AIDS when he was 9 years old or getting into the NFL initially after flunking out of Georgia Tech or having gotten back into the NFL after being suspended for the 2008 season, there is something that makes one stop just short.

There is a long way from here to Super Sunday, an eternity of days that have eaten other football players alive as they deal with their personal demons and the emotional highs and self-induced pressure of dealing with the ultimate moment of being a football player.

It doesn’t take much of a memory to recall Oakland Raiders center Barret Robbins’ journey over the border to Tijuana prior to Super Bowl XXXVII in San Diego in 2003. Or Cincinnati Bengals running back Stanley Wilson’s(notes) misadventure with cocaine before the Super Bowl in 1989 – only a few miles from where Hargrove is standing at this moment.

So instead of congratulating Hargrove, hope is offered. There’s hope that the edginess doesn’t swallow him up, that he doesn’t fall to the temptation that comes with the emotional roller coaster that is football, a sport where players operate on Sunday under the adrenaline rush of jumping out of a plane.

“I have a plan,” Hargrove said during media day for Super Bowl XLIV against the Indianapolis Colts. “You have to have a plan. You can’t come to Miami without a plan. I don’t want to say Miami is a dangerous place, but it’s a dangerous place. … One of the last places I was before I went to rehab was Miami.”

The reality is that any place can be dangerous for a guy like Hargrove. Every day is a struggle. Getting to Sunday is filled with pratfalls.

“We talk to him every day,” said Saints linebackers/assistant head coach Joe Vitt, who was on the St. Louis Rams’ staff when the team chose Hargrove with a third-round pick in the 2004 NFL draft. “You ask, ‘Anthony, how are you doing? What did you do last night? Who did you talk to? Who did you hang out with?’ ”

However, Vitt and others recognize there’s a fine line between policing someone and taking care of them, realizing that at some point they need to take care of themselves.

“Yeah, it’s almost being on top of him,” Vitt said. “But when you know there is an emotional connection, then the player really understands you’re doing it for the right reason. Anthony knows we care about him. He knows we’re looking out for him, not looking over him.”

Before the Saints opened the playoffs, Hargrove stood up in the defensive meeting room and shared his story about how fleeting life can be.

After a three-year stint with the Rams, he spent two seasons with the Buffalo Bills, where he received a four-game suspension in 2007 for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy. Unfortunately for him, that wasn’t enough of a wake-up call.

The following offseason, as Hargrove was hanging out at a bar, one of his buddies pointed out some troubling news on TV: Hargrove had been suspended for a year by the league.

Hargrove was speechless … and fed up.

He spent 13 months at a rehab center in South Carolina and the recovery facility before getting out in April 2009. With the help of his agent sending a DVD and four-page letter to teams offering his services, Hargrove subsequently landed a deal with the Saints in May.

“It hit home with a lot of guys, what he went through,” said Saints safety Darren Sharper(notes). “Anthony is such an enthusiastic, happy guy, you see how much he appreciates being here, telling guys how hard it is.”

The flip side is that part of getting there is proving yourself to teammates. In June, the Saints were breaking their offseason camp. The conditioning test for the players was to do three 300-yard shuttle runs in less than a minute each with a two-minute break in between.

Hargrove, who was a 220-pound quarterback before bulking up at Georgia Tech, told his teammates he would do six shuttle runs in less than a minute. The teammates mocked him, with guys like defensive end Charles Grant(notes) shouting that Hargrove could never do it.

Hargrove did.

“Why? To prove to those guys that if I say I’m going to do something, I’m doing to do it, they can trust me,” Hargrove said.

It’s all part of the plan, a plan the Saints were concerned about from the day they signed him.

“I think it started with the face-to-face interview,” Saints coach Sean Payton said of the team’s meeting with Hargrove in May. “People in all walks of life, at times, can hit rock bottom or maybe exhaust their opportunities. There is part of us that wants to make sure you give someone a second chance, and it starts with evaluating the sincerity of someone eye to eye and having the belief or having the same confidence in that person that you would want for him to have in himself.

This past season was Hargrove’s second-most productive, including 5 sacks.

(Derick E. Hingle/US Presswire)

“Starting with the visit and laying out the structure for him, what we would expect and our expectation level – to his credit, daily he lives that. Daily he recognizes this opportunity. When that happens, there’s more of a reward or gratification in what you do than the second-round pick who comes into the league. In other words, it’s a good story, and it gives you confidence in the human spirit and what someone can change in their life despite the mistakes they’ve made prior. It’s easy to be proud of a guy like that. He’s had to battle and fight, and I think it’s a good message.”

Hargrove has handled some serious highs, from just getting back into the league to the team going 13-0 to open the season. He has done it by keeping mostly to himself when he’s away from the facility, by always remembering how good this experience is rather than dwelling on the negatives, but at the same time accepting them.

“The bad things are all part of how I got here,” Hargrove said. “It’s all part of God’s plan for me.”

In October, he shared that experience with juveniles at the L. Robert Rivarde Memorial Home in Harvey, La.

Hargrove and running back Reggie Bush(notes) spoke to roughly 30 boys who were in the process of being sentenced for everything from stealing to murder. The two stayed there for nearly three hours.

“[Anthony] could relate [to the boys],” said Roy Juncker, who works at the home and is the director of juvenile services for Jefferson Parish. “Reggie had never gotten into any of that because his mom was a guard [at the San Diego County courthouse]. Anthony was talking about his battle with drugs and fighting with the police, and it was real.

“The kids noticed Reggie first and were really excited about that, but it was Anthony who really got them to pay attention. … Those kids think that athletes all have money and don’t ever have problems with it. Anthony said that because of everything he went through, his money was gone – the bonus money he got and everything from his first contract, all that stuff. That really opened their eyes.”

Said Bush: “I knew some of his story, but I didn’t know all the details until I started listening to him. He’s going on and on, sharing all the tough things he’s been through and I’m thinking, ‘How am I going to follow up this?’ ”

The truth is, there is no follow-up. There is only hope that Hargrove keeps going.

“I prefer to say a prayer,” Vitt said. “I pray for him every day.”

Watch out for #69 in the Saints uniform!!!
 petebelongs
Msg: 736
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/6/2010 8:48:04 AM

but this has blowout written all over it..

colts 45...saints 23

broncs, you're gonna let a sure thing like this slip through your fingers?? That's like getting invited in to your date's apartment after taking her to dinner, excusing yourself to go to the bathroom, coming out of the bathroom and finding her relaxing in just her bra and panties. It's a sure thing! And you're gonna walk away from it? "Oh, excuse me but I have to get up early tomorrow so I have to leave now."

What????!!!! You should be out borrowing money to bet on this sure thing! Hit your parents up for a few grand. Tell them that they can take it off of your inheritance if you don't pay them back!

Or, maybe it's not really as sure a thing as you want to believe and have professed in here! Maybe you're just a little scared of the big play potential that can be found in the Saints offense AND defense! Perhaps you're just a little scared of actually how good Greer, Porter, Sharper and Harper actually are when they're healthy and rested and wondering if they are better than the d-backs of the Ravens and Jets! Maybe you're just scared that despite a poor game plan and perhaps Breesus' worst game performance of the year, the Saints still managed to overcome the Vikings, and that Breesus will bounce back to have a game like he did against the Cards! Perhaps you need to go out and buy a dog if you're scared!

WHO DAT??? Saints bring the wood and win a title for the city of New Orleans and the Who Dat Nation! Saints 48 Colts 34!
 justnancy
Msg: 737
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/6/2010 8:51:20 AM
I found this on nfl.com. I like reading those "history/tid bid of info" things and thought this was interesting.
The origins "Who Dat" chant.

With the Saints in the Super Bowl for the first time, the team's "Who Dat" cheer has become something a little bit more: a greeting, a chant, a taunt and a ritual in a city where love of the home team has rarely correlated to victories in 43 years of football.

The origins of "Who Dat" aren't clear, though the phrase apparently goes back to late 19th-century minstrel shows.

The story of "Who Dat" and the Saints goes back to one of the team's rare hopeful moments in its first two decades. In 1983, New Orleans hired coach Bum Phillips, a guy who wore a white cowboy hat and promised big wins. The Saints opened the season 4-2, and for the ever-optimistic fans, the future looked bright.

That's when Ron Swoboda -- who had heard a New Orleans high school use it -- decided the "Who Dat" chant perfectly captured the hopeful mood. The chant, "Who dat, who dat, who dat say gonna beat dem Saints," is frequently shortened to just "Who Dat."

"Things were looking so good for the Saints, people were thinking playoffs and rightfully so," remembered Swoboda, who gained fame with a clutch World Series catch for the 1969 New York Mets and was a New Orleans sportscaster in 1983. "That 'Who Dat' chant seemed to connect the fans to the team and how they felt them."

Swoboda got five Saints players -- Dave Waymer, Brad Edelman, John Hill, Reggie Lewis and Louis Oubre -- to chant the "Who Dats" and Aaron Neville to sing "When the Saints Go Marching In" on a record that became an instant best-seller in New Orleans.

"It was a fun thing to do," Neville said. "We wanted to do something the fans would like and something that would show the team the kind of support they had."

After that first recording, at least 11 more versions have been recorded, including a recent one by Neville himself. Among the others are such classics as: "Are You A Who Dat?"; "Who Dat is Coming Out"; and, "A Who Dat Christmas" by the Who Dat Children's Choir.

"'Who Dat' belongs to this city," said 69-year-old Rick Sins, a season-ticket holder since the first year.
 petebelongs
Msg: 738
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/6/2010 8:58:25 AM
Sweet Nancy!!!!!!!! I hope all is well with you! Would you care to fly up and shovel the foot of snow off of my sidewalk and driveway? I'll make you some hot chocolate! Or some Irish coffee, if you'd prefer!
 justnancy
Msg: 739
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/6/2010 9:42:19 AM
LMAO... ahh Pete Honey, I have been on top of you, under you, I'm rooting for the Saints..... But yeah,... Shoveling a foot of snow for some Irish coffee .... I draw the line at shoveling the foot of snow.

I do miss the snow and Fall, I actually enjoyed shoveling the snow sometimes, when it was a few inches. I see you guys are in for a lot of snow.... Enjoy

Just so you know tomorrows weather for Miami is 70's. Should be about the 60's by the start of the game. Yeah I'm looking forward to a good game.
 petebelongs
Msg: 740
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:06:41 AM
Sweet Nancy, funny that you should mention the forecast for Miami at game time. Yesterday, I lost all faith in the Weather Channel having many on air personalities with any brains! I didn't catch his name, but some buffoon reported that conditions for the Superbowl would be sunny and 67 degrees. Okay, I'll concede that it may be 67 degrees at game time, but shouldn't someone giving a weather report for the game know that the game is scheduled to kickoff at around 6:30 PM, about 20 minutes after sundown in Miami? But it should still be sunny in New Orleans at kickoff!
 petebelongs
Msg: 741
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:09:21 AM
Hey now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A doubledecker Sweet Nancy sandwich!!!!!!!!!!! What a feast of pleasure!
 broncsbuff
Msg: 742
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:27:52 AM
All bets are in....

Took the indy money line at -180
Took indy -6
Took Indy -4.5
Took the over 56.5
Drew Brees over 2 td passes -200
Both teams make a field goal over 33 yards +180

My prediction still stands....

Colts 45 Saints 23
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 743
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:52:41 AM
Book 'em Dano.....

MGMLION
Msg: 744
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/6/2010 1:04:56 PM

All bets are in....

Took the indy money line at -180
Took indy -6
Took Indy -4.5
Took the over 56.5
Drew Brees over 2 td passes -200
Both teams make a field goal over 33 yards +180

Is that all the bets you did? No telling how many prop bets you can do.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 745
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/6/2010 9:24:16 PM

Is that all the bets you did? No telling how many prop bets you can do.

I put some other bets in. I put my big bets up there. I probably bet about 20 prop bets at about 10 bucks a pop just for fun....I usually break about even....

I bet they would show Archie Manning during the game over 4.5 times.

I bet they would show Kim Kardashian more than 2.5 times during the game.

I also bet the mvp of the superbow would thank god first.

The prop bet that I like the best is who will score more during the game...
Joseph Adiai...or..Tiger Woods...my money is on Tiger...
 StraightUpOriginal
Msg: 746
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/7/2010 12:46:44 AM
Saints fans.......!!!!!!!!*********Its time to get loud and be proud. Black and gold all up in the SB. Rockin Miami New Orleans style. Bringin the #1 in the NFC along with Katrina to play some ball in the MIA.
SAINTS - 69
colts- 3:
 broncsbuff
Msg: 747
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/7/2010 12:50:09 AM

SAINTS - 69
colts- 3:

drunk texting is not good....

Neither is drunk posting on a forum..
 itechman63
Msg: 748
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/7/2010 5:10:14 AM
One thing to consider while debating the offenses and defenses is that this game could come down to special teams and there has been a kickoff return for TD in every one of the previous 4 Super Bowls played in Dolphin's Stadium.

The special teams edge has to go to the Saints. With Freeney's injury reducing a possibility of the Colts defense containing Brees and Co., starting field position giving Brees shorter fields as well as the possibility of a special teams score could be the single biggest factor in the game.

If Freeney was 100%, I'd be most inclined to consider the Colts overwhelming favorites... never a blowout because the Colts don't play for the blowout. However, with Freeney at less than 100% the Saints offenses will be more free to do what they do, so up and down the field the teams are going to be evenly matched thus emphasizing the importance of special teams.
 Kulbrz
Msg: 749
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/7/2010 7:19:05 AM
Well the One who is gonna take Freeney's place could in fact be the One who Steps Up for them .ya never know..All in all the Saints game is gonna be won today lol Who Dat!!
 Kulbrz
Msg: 750
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/7/2010 12:39:06 PM
HELP! Can anyone tell me where or if I can watch the superbowl online? Is there a place where I can watch CBS all day leading up to the game? I just moved here and have 18 free channels but can't get CBS. Have been waiting 43 years for this and I can't even watch from home

Yea u can watch the game LIVE on NFL.COM...Play b y play..
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > New Orleans Saints